Search found 19251 matches

by Belial
Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:47 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: XKCD PSN/XBL/Wii/Steam/Specific Game IDs
Replies: 188
Views: 207972

Re: XKCD PSN/XBL/Wii/Steam/Specific Game IDs

My 3ds code is: 3179-6930-9503
by Belial
Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:29 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: XKCD, where they talk shit about you in a secret subforum
Replies: 150
Views: 22859

Re: XKCD, where they talk shit about you in a secret subforum

If I go down to the saloon and find a runner with pigeon breath, there will be firings
by Belial
Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:03 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: XKCD, where they talk shit about you in a secret subforum
Replies: 150
Views: 22859

Re: XKCD, where they talk shit about you in a secret subforum

I, personally, had no idea this discussion was happening and since nobody sent me a singing telegram to inform me that a thread I'm involved in was being discussed on a forum I hadn't bothered to look through in a bit, I'm calling shenanigans on this whole enterprise. None of you are free from sin.
by Belial
Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:45 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting

Does it really have to be one or the other? Yeah, it super does. Because if there's anything every conversation about this has proven it's that people, especially shitty conservative homophobes, only want to focus on one of these things. Specifically, the one that doesn't make them culpable. But he...
by Belial
Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:11 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting

Sure, but it's previously been established by just about every other muslim that ISIS are terrible, terrible muslims.

(which is probably obvious from the fact that the majority of their victims are other muslims)
by Belial
Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:56 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting

He and Clinton have also both said we need to increase our bombing campaigns against ISIS in response to this massacre of....people those candidates historically don't care about....by a person unconnected to ISIS.

Sigh.
by Belial
Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:46 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting

I think it's worth pointing out that if the shooter were actually a practicing muslim, even if he was the most homophobic piece of shit on earth (WHICH HE WAS), he probably wouldn't be committing murders in the middle of Ramadan, when you're not even supposed to be holding grudges. You can't go on a...
by Belial
Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:09 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: US Anti-LGBT policy lead to 50 dead in Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Basically, the little homophobia, and even the big homophobia, is the soil you need to grow the terrifying, murderous homophobia. Without a climate of general shittiness toward LGBTQ people, this guy couldn't have happened.
by Belial
Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:50 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: US Anti-LGBT policy lead to 50 dead in Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Also I would posit that for these purposes, the differences between injuries and deaths are irrelevant because they don't speak to motive: those shooters were trying to kill folks, they just didn't quite manage to hit the head or heart.
by Belial
Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: Terror attack on Orlando gay club

The third possibility that he was just plain crazy, while probably true, is lost in the noise. Don't pin this on the mentally ill. I can get those statistics out if you want, but it won't help your point. The word you want is "homophobic". Virulently homophobic, and not in a way that is i...
by Belial
Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:36 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: Terror attack on Orlando gay club

leady wrote:There should be 50 mass shootings between every Islamic inspired one in the US if it was random


There have been 133 in the US this year so far. How many are you asserting were inspired by islam?
by Belial
Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:27 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: Terror attack on Orlando gay club

Even the "inspired by" is tenuous. In a country with as many mass shootings as the US, saying that this one wouldn't have happened without some kind of inspiration from a foreign group is some pretty hardcore denial. In a culture with as much homophobia as ours, saying that this guy must h...
by Belial
Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:12 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: Terror attack on Orlando gay club

Woofsie wrote:Now I remember why I left this shithole for reddit.


Let me help you remember in the future.
by Belial
Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:09 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 50 Dead, 53 Injured in Orlando Gay Club Shooting
Replies: 490
Views: 45776

Re: Terror attack on Orlando gay club

I think the desperate search for a foreign religious influence for this attack by a "not very religious" (according to his father) cop-worshipping homophobe has a lot to do with the fact that many of the onlookers would be forced to acknowledge that our country has a huge homophobia and vi...
by Belial
Wed May 11, 2016 1:30 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

There's a difference between, "The guy police beat or killed did absolutely nothing wrong ever at any time," and, "Hey maybe you guys could stop constantly focusing on whatever minor not-capital-offence these people did before being beaten or murdered by police." Right, there's ...
by Belial
Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1672: "Women on 20s"
Replies: 218
Views: 29983

Re: 1672: "Women on 20s"

On the other hand, Andrew Jackson was a stone cold badass. The man won a duel against a superior marksman by devising the "let him shoot first and miss so I can take my time aiming strategy." Naturally, no plan survives first contact with the enemy, but Jackson still won by employing the ...
by Belial
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

There needs to be a button I can slam to make everyone look at that post and read it through like three times before they say anything else.
by Belial
Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:01 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

* 12-year-old male had a BB gun with safety-tip removed. Police were called about "guy with a pistol...probably fake" This is actually quite appalling, in a country where weapons are mostly allowed, to see so many stories about people who got serious police trouble because someone has cal...
by Belial
Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:42 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Raul Rodriguez stand your ground thread
Replies: 29
Views: 5724

Re: Stand your ground thread

Stand your ground laws cannot reasonably exist in a policing system that also has no knock warrants and steep penalties for killing a police officer.

I will let you figure out why.

Those three things coexist anyway, because the system is not reasonable.
by Belial
Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:27 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

I mean, if we super want evidence of Wilson being a racist, let's go with the fact that, during his testimony, he described someone the same size as him as "A demon" while calling him "It".
by Belial
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:26 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

Also, several of the recent "crimes" for which black people have been killed have included "jaywalking", "Holding a pellet gun in front of the rack that sells pellet guns in an open carry state", and "cosplaying". Like, aside from the fact that you don't seem ...
by Belial
Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

Oh man now we're interested in analogical parity? Like, a minute ago when mosc was comparing "cops being held in any way accountable for their pattern of racist murders" to lynching, we were fine with that, but now that I'm comparing "racist murders by community authorities" to &...
by Belial
Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:50 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

In fact, the comparison of the social function of cop-committed murders of black people with the social function of lynching has been made extensively and intelligently and I suggest you all google that shit up before you suggest for even a second that it's the cops who are being lynched.
by Belial
Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:46 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1432: "The Sake of Argument"
Replies: 203
Views: 28441

Re: 1432: "The Sake of Argument

Is it just me, or is Randall starting to exhibit the symptoms of the SJW-plague? I don't want XKCD to go in the direction of Sinfest... Hi. Randy has always (or, well, probably not always, but for most recent memory) been a feminist, anti-racist, and whatever other causes you're lumping under "...
by Belial
Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:03 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1432: "The Sake of Argument"
Replies: 203
Views: 28441

Re: 1432: "The Sake of Argument

Is it just me, or is Randall starting to exhibit the symptoms of the SJW-plague? I don't want XKCD to go in the direction of Sinfest... Hi. Randy has always (or, well, probably not always, but for most recent memory) been a feminist, anti-racist, and whatever other causes you're lumping under "...
by Belial
Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:44 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1420: "Watches"
Replies: 88
Views: 15455

Re: 1420: "Watches"

I like my watch. Much better than a Personal Enslavement Device :curmudgeon: Pfft. That misconception stems from the even deeper misconception that just because someone can communicate with you means they can tell you what to do. Come. Study at my feet, and learn the secret arts of not answering yo...
by Belial
Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:11 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1420: "Watches"
Replies: 88
Views: 15455

Re: 1420: "Watches"

keithl wrote:Wrists? You worry about wrists?
Borg.png


You mean I only have to wait 9 more years before joining you all in the unity of the OneSong?

I can't wait.
by Belial
Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:52 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1419: "On The Phone"
Replies: 45
Views: 8820

Re: 1419: On The Phone

Ba'al?? Really... where's the humor in that? Ba'al was the ancient god they sacrificed infants to. Can you narrow it down further? Because that's a lot of gods. It was the idol of Carthage and look where they ended up. Well, that.. sorta helps. At least we have a region now. There's still.... a hel...
by Belial
Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:51 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

The city is 70% Black. The problem is supposed to be self-fixing if they really are a functioning democracy. The problem is that either the districts are gerrymandered to all hell, or the Black population refuses to vote (or perhaps a combination of the two). When a population is routinely discrimi...
by Belial
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

If you seriously believe those numbers are the result of anything other than racism in a town 65% black then you are completely oblivious to the facts. If you are going to do a serious analysis, you have to take more into account. The real question IMO is how many new hires are black vs. white. We ...
by Belial
Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 5414
Views: 742774

Re: Police misbehavior thread

Except we have evidence that Brown didn't rob the shop so, false premise. Apparently not great evidence since that Nytimes article has the other man's (Dorian Johnson) lawyer saying that Johnson admitted that he and Brown did steal cigarillos from the store. Last I checked, we have the owner of the...
by Belial
Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:30 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1398: "Snake facts"
Replies: 144
Views: 23949

Re: 1398: "Snake facts"

addams: disturbing. What a complete shitshow that whole episode was. izawwlgood: I suspect it was just a matter of "witchcraft is a crime and this is how we execute criminals, we will stick to procedure because we are civilized people". I don't have any of the legal charters of that partic...
by Belial
Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1398: "Snake facts"
Replies: 144
Views: 23949

Re: 1398: "Snake facts"

Quizatzhaderac wrote:Some people on my land mass burned witches.


Hanged, actually. Assuming you're referring to Salem, the executed were mostly hanged, and never burned.

Never let it be said I don't know my witch trivia.
by Belial
Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:31 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1398: "Snake facts"
Replies: 144
Views: 23949

Re: 1398: "Snake facts"

That would be a neat trick considering the religion is only, like, 60 years old (you could maybe stretch it to 80 years if you count the post-Murray/Graves/Fraser, pre-Gardner "faffing about in the woods making shit up" years before anything got codified). And it took a while to spread fro...
by Belial
Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1398: "Snake facts"
Replies: 144
Views: 23949

Re: 1398: "Snake facts"

We are no longer unique or even unusual for having no state religion, Truthfully, I'd be surprised to hear anyone try and claim America doesn't have an official religion. It doesn't, in much the same sense that there's no official language. There's a Mitch Hedburg (I think) joke that runs something...
by Belial
Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1400: "D. B. Cooper"
Replies: 25
Views: 8807

Re:

-edit also there is no evidence that he was in his mid 40s beyond the descriptions given. According to Wikipedia, he went to some lengths to plan the robbery. Might not a quick coat of latex have been worked into the scheme? Not even necessary for this theory to work. Eyewitness accounts, especiall...
by Belial
Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1398: "Snake facts"
Replies: 144
Views: 23949

Re: 1398: "Snake facts"

tim314 wrote:The joke is that it *sounds* like he's talking about the range of some species of snake, but then the sentence "It is believed to be over 60 years old" and the accompanying picture reveal that he's making an absurd claim about a single gigantic snake.


Ding ding ding ding
by Belial
Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:33 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Is White Dominance Exaggerated?
Replies: 348
Views: 57466

Re: Is White Dominance Exaggerated?

So if you're wondering how white people can still wield disproportionate societal power in countries where they are not, in fact, a numerical majority (which is, let's be real, most of them):

Image
by Belial
Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:58 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Orange is the New Black gets gender bent IRL
Replies: 14
Views: 3586

Re: Orange is the New Black gets gender bent IRL

Question: wouldn't a male officer be charged with rape or something similar? Past performance would seem to indicate that a male officer would, 90% of the time, be charged with nothing at all. Then they need to crack down on it. Guard-prisonner sexual relations shouldn't happen, ever. Agreed, but u...
by Belial
Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:41 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Orange is the New Black gets gender bent IRL
Replies: 14
Views: 3586

Re: Orange is the New Black gets gender bent IRL

PolakoVoador wrote:Question: wouldn't a male officer be charged with rape or something similar?


Past performance would seem to indicate that a male officer would, 90% of the time, be charged with nothing at all.

Go to advanced search