Search found 1107 matches

by Nylonathatep
Tue May 27, 2014 1:44 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Whizbang wrote:Block party


Can I Join? I bought some Beer.
by Nylonathatep
Tue May 27, 2014 1:07 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Isla Vista shooting
Replies: 416
Views: 38436

Re: Isla Vista shooting

It was the &. I was assuming you meant rapists and rape apologists as two different people. Definitely saw the second, and while I'm sure some of the second was also the first, wasn't clear if any particular one was the first. Dude why are you still not getting it? People are just here to make ...
by Nylonathatep
Mon May 26, 2014 11:35 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Isla Vista shooting
Replies: 416
Views: 38436

Re: Isla Vista shooting

Then maybe it was the & that confused you as well? Like, "Male Rapists & Apologists" treats rapists and apologists as two different groups just like "male cats and dogs" isn't referring to anything that is both cat and dog. That said, we've definitely had people here who...
by Nylonathatep
Mon May 26, 2014 11:29 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

A significant part of our entire discussion was about Point A, if that is something you are no longer believe then great, I'd be happy to move on. Back on this post Yup, and you are disagreeing my statement by presenting article and evidence on how corrupted the US Government is and how it caters t...
by Nylonathatep
Mon May 26, 2014 9:15 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Isla Vista shooting
Replies: 416
Views: 38436

Re: Isla Vista shooting

We had male rapists on these threads? You mods must do your jobs quickly... Shhhhh CorruptUser... Why can't you just let the Angry Mod attack the Strawman in peace? Looks like someone (or perhaps both of you?) doesn't actually know what the word "apologist" means. ...or is it the & th...
by Nylonathatep
Mon May 26, 2014 8:23 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Isla Vista shooting
Replies: 416
Views: 38436

Re: Isla Vista shooting

CorruptUser wrote:We had male rapists on these threads? You mods must do your jobs quickly...


Shhhhh CorruptUser... Why can't you just let the Angry Mod attack the Strawman in peace?
by Nylonathatep
Mon May 26, 2014 6:39 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

Not about reducing taxes? What then to make of: Petition to lower gas taxes Cut income taxes despite complaints of not paying off the debt fast enough Cut sales tax Lower sales tax (in deficit-ridden Ontario, of all places! How's that for fiscal responsibility?) That's not including a half-dozen ot...
by Nylonathatep
Mon May 26, 2014 5:13 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Isla Vista shooting
Replies: 416
Views: 38436

Re: Isla Vista shooting

IIRC there was also some stuff about him also being active on MRA boards and, well, fundamentally, the mindset is the same even in how MRAs/PUAs act on it differs. Both have mindsets which revolve around denying/being oblivious to your privilege but then allowing your privilege to fuel a sense of e...
by Nylonathatep
Sun May 25, 2014 1:48 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

You'll have to work harder then to catch up :)
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 9:26 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

I never said that fiscal responsibility is a bad thing, nor did the article I quoted, nor did the OP. It's tangential to the point being made. Fiscal responsibility is largely independent of the tax rate. The argument is that "taxpayers" believe that they, personally, should have a net ba...
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 7:21 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

None of those petitions are remotely relevant to the matter at hand. The key point is that citizens want the government to act for the good society, whereas taxpayers want government to act for the good of themselves. I'm just using the petition as support for my argument that Canadian Taxpayers Fe...
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 11:53 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

While PAstrychef has since made further statements, none of that is relevant to the discussion thread between the two of us. Like I said... It's not about you and me. I think you need to take a break. Furthermore how it PastryChef's statement not important to the discussion when he's the one origin...
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 5:36 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Guess The Next Poster
Replies: 22360
Views: 1269909

Re: Guess The Next Poster

Nope.

Patzer your Bunny Avatar is so cute! :) Come here I got some carrots!
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 3:27 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

This is not the original post. I believe this is the Origional Poster's elaborating on his original argument he's trying to make. You are welcome to argue about that too thou. Lol, I have to admit I do not have the 'argumentative stamina' you possess and concede the point Despite that you state, an...
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 2:10 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

The OP did none of this. The only thing inaccurate about the OP's post is that a tax payer does not by definition derive benefit from the government by paying taxes. I'm not sure what in my last post made you believe we are in agreement. Really? There is no context, per se, for this discussion. I w...
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 24, 2014 1:14 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

I do not however agree with your statement that the government is acting in such a way because they pay more taxes. They are acting in such a way because they have more money to influence the government, sometimes so they pay less taxes or so the loopholes in which they already pay less relative ta...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 9:29 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2011/09/15/taxpayers_vs_citizens.html Which part of the article do you disagree with? I agree with the article because of what I know, what evidence I already have toward the idea. Care to share what you disagree with, if anything, and then we can both provi...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 8:17 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Jinx
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

You're the one who brought up an American company. Except the example that you bought up to counter my arguement is a U.S article, regarding a US Company. http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/a ... uit-n88996 The government HAS changed the laws to benefit the people who pay the most taxes, they ha...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 7:15 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

lol blocked :)
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 7:14 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

As long as you limit the scope of your argument to U.S only I'll have no further argument. As I am not a U.S Citizen,I have to admit that my knowledge in regards to the situation in US is limited. However that raises a very important question. If the current problem only pretain to the US, then what...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 7:07 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: ITT: We make xkcd slightly worse.
Replies: 8615
Views: 1386220

Re: ITT: We make xkcd slightly worse.

My version of 1372

Image

Alt: Randal really doesn't like smart phones.
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 5:52 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

If I may stay on topic here... wouldn't the government supposely favouring large company be revoking the anti-trust law that was in place, as so to protect their "large taxpayers"? I think the fact that the court case was successful and the anti-trust laws placing fair competition in soci...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 5:15 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

Apple is a large exception. They, unlike most companies on top, stay on top through continued innovation instead of manipulation to hold down competition. However, Jobs and Apple are still succeeded at manipulating the wages of their employees to maintain more wealth for the company. http://www.nbc...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 2:17 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

Most large scale wealth is sustained through financial manipulation. Very little of it is actually concerned with boots-on-the-ground products or sales. The concept of "wealth creation" is a way to paint an avuncular image of corporate behavior. Citiation needed. I cite Steve jobs and the...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 2:03 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

There is no context, per se, for this discussion. I was talking to my mom about the fact that citizens and taxpayers are two different kinds if constituencies in politics, and in indentifying what people are owed/can expect to get/ deserve from their government/society. I wanted to see what thought...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 2:43 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: *almost* the best superpower in the world
Replies: 562
Views: 69511

Re: *almost* the best superpower in the world

I can create parallel universes which work exactly the way I want them to (e.g. one that works exactly like this except I'm rich, or have whatever superpower, or something went differently in history or whatever) That Parallel Universe is call "your imaginary world within your own mind". ...
by Nylonathatep
Fri May 23, 2014 2:40 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Vytron wrote:
Nylonathatep wrote:Correction: I won't win by just blocking you, but I can make sure other people in this thread has more points then you Whizbang


Wait, it's this a personal vendetta? What do you have against Whizbang?



I just like to pick on Whizbang in this thread. Carry on.
by Nylonathatep
Thu May 22, 2014 8:16 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Whizbang wrote:Foiled again!


You too.
by Nylonathatep
Thu May 22, 2014 8:05 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Taxpayers and citizens
Replies: 86
Views: 17014

Re: Taxpayers and citizens

There is actually a distinction between Taxpayers and Citizen. This is due to difference of tax laws and treaties in different countries where taxes are based on Residence or Source. For example My Sister is a Canadian Working in Hong Kong. She is fully a Canadian Citizen but because she's working a...
by Nylonathatep
Thu May 22, 2014 4:44 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Correction: I won't win by just blocking you, but I can make sure other people in this thread has more points then you Whizbang
by Nylonathatep
Thu May 22, 2014 4:12 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Blocked
by Nylonathatep
Tue May 20, 2014 6:41 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Guess The Next Poster
Replies: 22360
Views: 1269909

Re: Guess The Next Poster

Calling on the Mods in a post usually results in people getting banned.

You don't want to get banned.

Calling upon Vytron seems to be safer.
by Nylonathatep
Tue May 20, 2014 5:41 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Godot?
by Nylonathatep
Tue May 20, 2014 5:28 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In other news... (humorous news items)
Replies: 13947
Views: 1882008

Re: In other news... (humorous news items, etc)

News Anchor Finds Out Devastating News Of Her Friend's Suicide On Air http://huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/16/news-anchor-friend-suicide-taiwan_n_5338536.html CtiTV reporter Erich Shih was found dead in his Taipei home of an apparent suicide, police said. His friend and fellow journalist found out when...
by Nylonathatep
Tue May 20, 2014 10:53 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Double Post
Replies: 81679
Views: 2962100

Re: Double Post

Stop this Madness!
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 17, 2014 5:19 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Ex-wife takes down husband's suicide note from the internet
Replies: 57
Views: 13292

Re: Ex-wife takes down husband's suicide note from the inter

Considering family law cases aren't jury trials, I am unsure how asking random laypeople to rate things is relevant to anything. It certainly doesn't constitute judicial bias. Everything after this point is either anecdote, opinion, or so poorly sourced as to be irrelevant (really, a paraphrase of ...
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 17, 2014 5:06 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Something on Youtube
Replies: 2024
Views: 572629

Re: Something on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChPAqPdDdw

Touching: Father's Speech at Daughters Wedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSfhgGGt_PU

It's spoken so lighthearted but there's so much depth behind all the words. I love stuff like that, it gives you the shivers if you think about it.
by Nylonathatep
Sat May 17, 2014 1:42 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Ex-wife takes down husband's suicide note from the internet
Replies: 57
Views: 13292

Re: Ex-wife takes down husband's suicide note from the inter

Even if you disregard the data due to being old, old data is better than no data, and I've yet to see any data that actually supports the idea that the family court system is biased against men. Just a lot of people saying it like it's obviously true and everyone knows it already. I don't think I r...

Go to advanced search