Search found 110 matches

by GreaterSteven
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:05 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Palin-Beck 2012!
Replies: 93
Views: 8838

Re: Palin-Beck 2012!

I believe that's working under the assumption that she resigned from governor of Alaska because of the pressure.
by GreaterSteven
Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:02 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Nevada Police use tasers to bring down terminator
Replies: 99
Views: 10282

Re: Nevada Police use tasers to bring down terminator

They are moronic, but the reason you are foe'd is that you have a serious attitude problem, where you appear to think I'm stupid because I disagree with you. Get a much nicer tone, and I might both unfoe you AND engage you in conversation.


Um.
by GreaterSteven
Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:26 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Saving the internet, Texas style
Replies: 35
Views: 3849

Re: Saving the internet, Texas style

Oh God, no. No, no.


This stuff...this is the devil.


At least the plan is almost completely impossible, what with the storage required and the wording of the plan.
by GreaterSteven
Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Randall Munroe, New Yorker have Cartoon-Off, Interview
Replies: 46
Views: 5500

Re: Randall Munroe, New Yorker have Cartoon-Off, Interview

Old as shit, I know, but I just found this by googling my username. The blue banana is at least still a banana. It is visibly obvious that it is a banana. It may have had its color changed or whatever, but it's still a banana. Kinda like the cow technically isn't food just yet, but beef is a food......
by GreaterSteven
Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Obama Cuts the Bullshit
Replies: 285
Views: 22930

Re: Obama Cuts the Bullshit

To be fair, Quix hit him pretty hard with her first entry into the discussion, when he's been (pretty) reasonable.
by GreaterSteven
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0534: "Genetic Algorithms"
Replies: 99
Views: 37528

Re: "Genetic Algorithms" Discussion

Normally I disagree with xkcd overrated (the post isn't even up yet, but I know what it's going to say).

That's like the 80th terminator reference in the comic.

I don't mind using code all the time, it offers fantastic humor opportunities. But more terminator references?
by GreaterSteven
Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:04 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Teen Not Allowed to Play Halo 3; Shoots Parents in Heads
Replies: 66
Views: 7081

Re: Teen Not Allowed to Play Halo 3; Shoots Parents in Heads

Well, if he were playing GTA or something, you'd have a case. But not Halo.

(I was actually referring to the bad English that was prevalent in the article)
by GreaterSteven
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:49 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Teen Not Allowed to Play Halo 3; Shoots Parents in Heads
Replies: 66
Views: 7081

Re: Teen Not Allowed to Play Halo 3; Shoots Parents in Heads

In Halo, players shoot alien monsters that have taken over the Earth and is rated M for mature players.


I rest my case.
by GreaterSteven
Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:20 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0249: "Chess Photo"
Replies: 254
Views: 120297

Re: "Chess Photo" Discussion

^^Pretty much the best day of my life.
by GreaterSteven
Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:08 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Implicit Association Test
Replies: 43
Views: 4577

Re: Implicit Association Test

fyrenwater wrote:I learned that pretty much all my subconscious biases are the ones I already know about. Nothing new to me.



Fixed.
by GreaterSteven
Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Man escapes prison...
Replies: 28
Views: 3535

Re: Man escapes prison...

The real question is how many of the people who attempt/succeed with this technique are actually familiar with MGS?
by GreaterSteven
Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Bailouts here, there, and everywhere... (Starts mid-page 3)
Replies: 121
Views: 8324

Re: Bailout 2: Automobile Industry Boogaloo

As much as GM should die, now's probably not the best of times... I don't have the exact numbers, but a significant number of Americans are dependent on GM for health care and pensions, and general preception of the American economy will plummet with it's collapse and too much of what is being foug...
by GreaterSteven
Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Beatles - Hard Days Night intro chord solved by SCIENCE
Replies: 17
Views: 2613

Re: Beatles - Hard Days Night intro chord solved by SCIENCE

I'd never heard the chord before, but it was pretty easy to figure out what notes were being played. (I have absolute pitch.) I couldn't have told you what instruments were used, though, because I have no familiarity with electric guitars. To be honest, I'm not convinced that Professor Science woul...
by GreaterSteven
Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:17 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Beatles - Hard Days Night intro chord solved by SCIENCE
Replies: 17
Views: 2613

Re: Beatles - Hard Days Night

And science destroys the magic of another mystery! Go science! Not an actual criticism of science. So a sarcastic impersonation of a person being sarcastic about the accomplishments of science? Interesting. And well played. Anyway, for the record, I have a friend who's somewhat of a musical prodigy...
by GreaterSteven
Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:30 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0502: "Dark Flow"
Replies: 123
Views: 28596

Re: "Dark Flow" Discussion

Oh my God. I almost cried.
by GreaterSteven
Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:24 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Man wants to marry comic-book character
Replies: 59
Views: 5790

Re: Man wants to marry comic-book character

Japanese women are hot. Some Japanese women are hot... like the ones you're prone to see on the internet. Actual Japanese women on average are... below average, and tend to not age well. Personal opinion. I went to Japan once. They really are almost always hot. Fact. At least where I went...and we ...
by GreaterSteven
Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:37 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Man wants to marry comic-book character
Replies: 59
Views: 5790

Re: Man wants to marry comic-book character

It's amusing because a lot of japanese porn puts the men in positions of vulnerability or weakness...


On a similar note, why would they not want to fuck like rabbits? Japanese women are hot.
by GreaterSteven
Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Yes We STILL Can: Change.gov
Replies: 34
Views: 3821

Re: Yes We STILL Can: Change.gov

Even if it's not legit, and they don't really listen to any submissions..


It gives people ideas. It opens doors to open democracy. It's a step.


Also, Clintonius--Well played.
by GreaterSteven
Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:22 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US: Are red states the true proponents of socialism?
Replies: 67
Views: 5775

Re: US: Are red states the true proponents of socialism?

gmalivuk wrote:To be more accurate, I think, what it says is that red states benefit more from the "socialism" already in place than blue states do.


/agree.
by GreaterSteven
Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner
Replies: 327
Views: 27584

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner

While I don't really like calling elections based on exit polling and stuff either...


I knew it was over when Obama won Penn. I've been saying Penn was the key for months.
by GreaterSteven
Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Election Day Resources
Replies: 11
Views: 2061

Re: Election Day Resources

The electoral vote map keeps putting MA, NH, VT, and ME red.

Maybe they're working with early exit polls?


But it's still very wrong.
by GreaterSteven
Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:46 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US: Are red states the true proponents of socialism?
Replies: 67
Views: 5775

Re: US: Are red states the true proponents of socialism?

22/7 wrote:Other than that it is that way, what does it actually say, Random?


It says that by the definition of socialism being exploited this campaign, red states are more socialist than blue states.
by GreaterSteven
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:26 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Islam reaches out
Replies: 85
Views: 6887

Re: Islam reaches out

Wouldn't it be fan-fucking-tastic if this stuff worked out, even some of the time.
by GreaterSteven
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:46 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: what time should we expect a result on tuesday?
Replies: 67
Views: 5482

Re: what time should we expect a result on tuesday?

I'm saying trying to demonize one side is retarded. If i went to a conservative forum* i'd find threads about how evil the obama campaign is and their attempts to make McCain look bad, maybe some stuff about how democrats try to steal elections. I'm saying get over yourself. *Which, by the way, you...
by GreaterSteven
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:31 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

Wow, Steven, I pointed out an exact reason why references wouldn't necessarily work, and you completely ignored it. Touche. Also, Freakish didn't contradict himself. He said he didn't like it, but he would do it and as such is fine with people doing it to him. I uh, commented that you could ask the...
by GreaterSteven
Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:49 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

Freakish wrote:I wouldn't want it done to me, but if I was an employer I would definitely google the names who ever applied for the job. Some people are going to have personal lives that effect their professional.


I don't even have to point out a contradiction. You gone done it for me.
by GreaterSteven
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:34 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: South Dakota to vote on abortion ban
Replies: 61
Views: 4610

Re: South Dakota to vote on abortion ban

Why is this even up for vote.


God damn it.


I have got to move.
by GreaterSteven
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:31 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

I said assuming all things provided were equal, that would include references. Also, what if their last job was 2 years ago? What if they just started getting wasted in that time? References aren't an end all be all for several reasons. Ask the employee about it, or again, ask to add their facebook...
by GreaterSteven
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:53 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

So how do you plan on getting this information? I mean, you can't ask them for their worst qualities just so you can decide whether to hire them. Also, apparently using information that is public domain is also off limits according to some, so you're not left with much. Call aforementioned referenc...
by GreaterSteven
Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:09 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

2) Knowing someone likes to get wasted, does affect their job performance. If nothing else it gives you an idea of the kind of judgment that person has, which is in an important factor when hiring an employee. Judgement? I don't drink, personally, but I have plenty of friends who drink. I don't thi...
by GreaterSteven
Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:45 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: "There must be violence against women"
Replies: 48
Views: 4718

Re: "There must be violence against women"

I once watched a video of a kid (must be 9 or 10) on youtube. He had these "political hour" things, in which he espoused what sounded a lot like random-ass conservative talk points his father might repeat at the dinner table on a daily basis. In one instance, he was talking about how he be...
by GreaterSteven
Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

I routinely remove people from facebook who I'm not on 'better then acquaintance' terms with. I'm not saying everyone should, but the notion that facebook should be used in a particular way is kind of silly. I know people who have 1300000 friends, I just find that particularly stupid. I treat faceb...
by GreaterSteven
Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:26 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US: Are red states the true proponents of socialism?
Replies: 67
Views: 5775

Re: US: Are red states the true proponents of socialism?

Doesn't know what she's supposed to believe.
by GreaterSteven
Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

You're not honestly citing people you don't know being able to "friend" you because you have similar interests as a reason to keep a public profile, are you? Unless you're one of those people who has 1300 Facebook friends? I know that I've tried in the past to find people whom I met brief...
by GreaterSteven
Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

Again, I don't think the issue at hand was that the kid was partying or drunk or having fun, I think the issue at hand was he lied, and the lie was caught because his professional life and personal life were both on facebook. I'm not arguing against having fun and putting it on facebook. I'm saying...
by GreaterSteven
Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

A lot of the arguments for the companies checking out facebooks are mentioning facebook being used professionally. Can we all work with a common perspective here? I (and others who agree with me, I'm sure) am working under the assumption that facebook is not being used professionally, and is complet...
by GreaterSteven
Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:09 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

I think we're have a fundamental disagreement as to whether or not information on Facebook could hold any relevance as to whether an employee could be a liability to a company rather than an asset. We're just saying that, like being seen wasted on a Saturday night, the things in facebook shouldn't ...
by GreaterSteven
Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:31 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: U.S. Democratic Super Majority: Implications
Replies: 39
Views: 3546

Re: U.S. Democratic Super Majority: Implications

Um, have you been paying attention to how much spending has gone up in recent years? I don't think what we need now is even more... and seeing as how the deficit might reach $1T this year, you can't possibly expect to tax your way out of it and have room left over for spending (or for the tripling ...
by GreaterSteven
Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:19 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Scientists erase memories in mice
Replies: 17
Views: 2172

Re: Scientists erase memories in mice

Outchanter wrote:I hope DRM is entirely discredited before this becomes practical. Otherwise we'll be having our memories erased immediately after watching a film so that we can't illicitly replay scenes in our minds.


Jesus Christ.
by GreaterSteven
Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Caught out on Facebook - Another One
Replies: 212
Views: 12113

Re: Caught out on Facebook - Another One

Intercept wrote:Then most employers would just cite some other reason. Only a small group of people will actually be ethically swayed.


I disagree with that. I think a lot of people would take the side of "stay out of my private life and my private life will stay out of you."

Go to advanced search