Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:32 am UTC
- Forum: Science
- Topic: Pressure vs. Temperature in a Thermos
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1524
Hi. This is, I think, a simple question, but I can't figure out the answer at all. Imagine an insulated, Thermos, almost filled to the top with water and cubes of ice. Thermoses aren't perfect, so it's not perfectly insulated; thus, some ice melts and the water rises. Thusly, the pressure inside sho...
- Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:45 am UTC
- Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
- Topic: 0442: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel"
- Replies: 372
- Views: 87960
Reading this one actually made me giddy. XD Amen to that. I think this is on my list of "BEST XKCDs EVARRR"...I've been having a pretty crappy couple of days, and I didn't get the Discovery Channel reference (I haven't watched it in ages...I miss you, MythBusters and Bear Grylls and Mike ...