Search found 30 matches

by TheReverend
Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:29 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0180: "Canada"
Replies: 143
Views: 43963

no-genius wrote:I'd slap you. Just for being an idiot.


Oh well, I guess all my jokes can't be winners. Sorry if it offended anyone. It was just meant to be silly and simple.
by TheReverend
Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:43 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0180: "Canada"
Replies: 143
Views: 43963

Are the bags breast shaped? Or do they have a little nipple on the end? It would make pouring a bowl of cereal a pain in the ass but I'd have one more thing to do on nights when I was alone.

I think I'm going to call my next girlfriend milk bags.
by TheReverend
Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:12 pm UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: adlib comics
Replies: 33
Views: 11365

Egg and Fluffy Bunny Rabbits are my 2 favorites.
by TheReverend
Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:02 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Christmas Wishlist
Replies: 24
Views: 6304

But think of all the horrible actors/actresses that would be out of jobs. It might not be all bad. I could live the rest of my life without another Segal movie.
by TheReverend
Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:59 pm UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: adlib comics
Replies: 33
Views: 11365

These are fantastic. Now I've got something to do today at work. Thank you very much.
by TheReverend
Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Tractor? I hardly know 'er! [SOLUTION]
Replies: 36
Views: 10982

Couldn't it be a Transformer that swam over? I mean, the options are limitless.
by TheReverend
Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:44 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Dialing the wrong number
Replies: 8
Views: 4584

That was fun.

One of the images on the main site looks vaguely like the final fight in the new Fearless movie. I believe its already on dvd in Asia.

Navigating the page a bit more I found a picture of a woman using a breast pump. That's where my ride is going to end.
by TheReverend
Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:31 pm UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: The epic tale of many dimensions hits the big screen!
Replies: 23
Views: 9007

Frankeinstein wrote:Reminds me of this. http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

My whole world has just changed. This book will one day rest comfortably next to my Fletch series. It's worthy.
by TheReverend
Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:29 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0170: "Turn Back"
Replies: 31
Views: 13267

I'm beginning to wonder if today's C&H comic and the fact that there was snow on the ground this morning are signs from a higher being that I need to build decapitated snowmen this winter. I've got free time.
by TheReverend
Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:19 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0168: "Reverse Euphemisms"
Replies: 43
Views: 23386

I am going to actively try and work this into my daily dialogues. I don't have kids but my roommate has a horse. I will now spend the rest of the day brainstorming how I can get a conversation to go in that direction.

Good thing I have off for Columbus Day.
by TheReverend
Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:25 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0167: "Nihilism"
Replies: 54
Views: 29699

The comic reminds me of what my imaginary philosophy teacher used to say. It reminds me of the scene in I Heart Huckabees where Dustin Hoffman tells Jason Schwartzman to climb a tree and have good thoughts. I guess whenever people put philosophy and trees together, my brain will immediately jump to...
by TheReverend
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:39 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: locker problem solution
Replies: 28
Views: 21518

Ok, the reason is because they have a odd number of divisors. 1 only has 1. 4 has 1, 2, 4. 9 has 1,3,9. All the other numbers have an even number, which would close the locker. for example 12 has 1,2,3,4,6,12. That's an even number so it closes. I wish I was cool enough to do the reasoning without t...
by TheReverend
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:30 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: locker problem solution
Replies: 28
Views: 21518

the formula for the open lockers is x^2. so the first open locker is 1, the second is 4, 9, 16 etc. I did that the brute force way...now i'm trying to get the reasoning for it.
by TheReverend
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:11 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: The Locker Puzzle
Replies: 5
Views: 9626

I cheated and wrote a program to do it...I see the pattern but I'm struggling with why the pattern is what it is.
by TheReverend
Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:49 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0163: "Donald Knuth"
Replies: 36
Views: 22019

5 years of college and I never heard his name. Oh well, if there is ever a GOF comic, I'll be like "OHHH, I know that reference."

I'll just wait patiently.
by TheReverend
Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:31 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0159: "Boombox"
Replies: 13
Views: 7760

twenty10 wrote:reverend - RIT by chance?

I graduated a few years ago. Sometimes I think about going back but I'm just too happy to be out.
by TheReverend
Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:37 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0159: "Boombox"
Replies: 13
Views: 7760

The alt text is fantastic.
by TheReverend
Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:53 am UTC
Forum: Music
Topic: Weird Al - White & Nerdy Video
Replies: 30
Views: 14042

It looks like Seth. I'm trying to figure out who the guy dancing in the background is during the white screen scenes.

This video is the funniest thing I've seen Weird Al do in a long time.
by TheReverend
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:55 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Best search engine ever.
Replies: 17
Views: 5742

This has some potential to it. It could be funny if you got a pretty gullible guide. Attack them a-la Borat or Ali G and try to get some some responses from them. Should we have a contest to see who creates the most amusing conversation with the guide? A not real but interesting scenario that might ...
by TheReverend
Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:26 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0156: "Commented"
Replies: 21
Views: 13303

Oh no? I bet if, whenever someone starts talking to you, you hold up two fingers at an angle and ignore everything that that person says, you'll quickly find yourself free of his or her (hopefully rather poor) attempts at conversation. It's a much cooler hand motion than the 'talk to the hand' phas...
by TheReverend
Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:10 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0155: "Search History"
Replies: 87
Views: 25803

Clearly it was a hint of what you should have been searching for. a modern search engine that searches for you...You didn't read this here. I have to go get a patent real quick. Anyone know a 24-hour patent shop? "In the past, you've searched for: 'raptor defense'. May I suggest 'Sam Mitchell'...
by TheReverend
Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:53 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0155: "Search History"
Replies: 87
Views: 25803

I had to perform some of these searches on my own to see what kind of Sponsored Links would appear. Nothing too useful.

I had such high hopes for "how to tell if my neighbors are raptors." That search alone is the reason I'll be laughing all day.
by TheReverend
Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:48 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: XKCD porn movie [SPAM]
Replies: 27
Views: 20369

I was also secretly wishing for some stick figure action. This Sam25362 guy really knows how to let a man down.
by TheReverend
Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:44 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0153: "Cryptography"
Replies: 34
Views: 20202

mushuweasel wrote:My favorite bit was philcompress/uncompress


I love it in a way that is unhealthy for man to love.
by TheReverend
Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:21 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0153: "Cryptography"
Replies: 34
Views: 20202

This comic reminds me of my days in college. My friend and I used to joke about how we'd make a compression utility that compressed any file to 1 byte. And when a person decompressed it, it would always be an mp3 file of me laughing at them.
by TheReverend
Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:05 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Evensong at the local church [SOLUTION]
Replies: 9
Views: 6050

I had it all the way to the end and then blew it. My logic ability is weak.
by TheReverend
Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:24 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Evensong at the local church
Replies: 11
Views: 7857

I think I figured it out but don't want to ruin it for everyone. I'll email knight-gkla to find out.
by TheReverend
Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:22 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: See? SEE?
Replies: 54
Views: 19400

Verysillyman wrote:You say that now, but when the raptors reveal their plan, he'll be the only one who can save us.


But remember that the Raptors already know this. So he is probably target #1. I fear for you, sir...I fear for you.
by TheReverend
Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:41 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: See? SEE?
Replies: 54
Views: 19400

What are these scientists doing? The more we know about raptors and their plan the more likely they will strike. Can't they study cancer or something?
by TheReverend
Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:20 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 680135

25/M/NY/Software Engineer I'm not a big forum fan, but this site is too funny to pass up on. My hobbies include...well, let's say they are unfit to print. I just recently grew a fear of raptors. This site was a major contributor to the realization that raptors are just as likely to kill me now as an...

Go to advanced search