Search found 233 matches

by Falmarri
Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:23 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Quotes from the Qur'an in Little Big Planet soundtrack.
Replies: 20
Views: 2090

Re: Quotes from the Qur'an in Little Big Planet soundtrack.

This post had objectionable content.
by Falmarri
Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Alternative Medicine, Psuedoscience, etc.
Replies: 255
Views: 36700

Re: Alternative Medicine, Psuedoscience, etc.

science could do better (or at least the same by giving you sugar pills and calling it medicine) Only if the person receiving the scientific placebo believed that western medicine would make them better. Someone distrustful of western doctors but with a belief in witchdoctory-hoodoo would show a mu...
by Falmarri
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:22 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Religion
Replies: 2000
Views: 185644

Re: Religion

So what does all that light-cone stuff say about what you're saying about god? If god is outside of our light cone, then he could not have an effect on us until our light cone expands to include him. Therefore he could not have affected us now or in the past. Thus the difference between there being ...
by Falmarri
Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:38 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Low voter turn-out...ok?
Replies: 153
Views: 9423

Re: Low voter turn-out...ok?

Not voting is a perfectly acceptable choice. I'm not going to vote for the president because all of the candidates suck. I can't even vote for bob barr. If we didn't have to vote for propositions at the same time, I wouldn't vote. I'm not going to go and give legitimacy to the system that puts only...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:09 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Poor Joe. All he wanted was poopy pipes,
Replies: 132
Views: 8470

Re: Poor Joe. All he wanted was poopy pipes,

I'll give you that the limit isn't set in stone, but 250k is NOWHERE near the average middle-class marker. Agreed. My point was more to the effect that federal income tax doesn't work because it doesn't take into account lots of geographical reasons why your 250k is worth less than someone else's 2...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: UK is a police state
Replies: 136
Views: 12090

Re: UK is a police state

I know, and I wasn't saying the government wasn't trying to do any face recognition with these cameras, I'm sure they do. And I'm sure they would love to have the kind of system Falmarri was describing. I was just explaining why, at the moment, it is technologically highly infeasible that even a pr...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:06 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Poor Joe. All he wanted was poopy pipes,
Replies: 132
Views: 8470

Re: Poor Joe. All he wanted was poopy pipes,

Do Americans actually consider people who earn more than US$250,000 a year to be average, middle-class guys? I think you all fail to realize that the US is large and standards are very different in different areas. Sure 250,000 is a crapton in Kentucky, but in the bay area or New York city, to cons...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:47 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Zeitgeist 2
Replies: 56
Views: 7108

Re: Zeitgeist 2

The inane ramblings of a conspiracy theorist... All theories are equal until proven false, even if those presenting the theories has a history of distorting the facts, outright lieing, and at best being a bad journalist. So you don't subscribe to fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, sham on you...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:31 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Alternative Medicine, Psuedoscience, etc.
Replies: 255
Views: 36700

Re: Alternative Medicine, Psuedoscience, etc.

My point is if you ridicule alternative medicines without a real scientific basis for your disagreement then be prepared to look like a fool if they are ever shown to be true. Umm, why is it the job of scientist's to debunk every claim to some miracle medicine? It's perfectly acceptable to ridicule...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:09 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Pride Parades (Split from "Slurs")
Replies: 113
Views: 8043

Re: Pride Parades (Split from "Slurs")

Jessica wrote:Protests also exist. Parades are there to have fun, not protest, really.


Which brings us back to the original argument of why they should get to shut down a street just to have some fun.
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:02 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Low voter turn-out...ok?
Replies: 153
Views: 9423

Re: Low voter turn-out...ok?

Not voting is a perfectly acceptable choice. I'm not going to vote for the president because all of the candidates suck. I can't even vote for bob barr. If we didn't have to vote for propositions at the same time, I wouldn't vote. I'm not going to go and give legitimacy to the system that puts only ...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:57 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution
Replies: 235
Views: 24825

Re: The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution

Midnight wrote:28th: Make racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc a crime punishable by law.


Agreed, only if I alone get to determine what's racist, sexist, homophobic, and anti-semetic though.
by Falmarri
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:01 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The Line (of Facist / Facisism)
Replies: 44
Views: 3205

Re: The Line (Goverment Version)

I hope this isn't too off topic - I know this thread has been straying into 'gun control' territory, and I don't want to make a mod go all red pen on this interesting topic - but I have a genuine question for the pro-gun-for-reasons-of-revolt crowd. Under what circumstances would violent armed revo...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

She's not a park ranger. It's not her job. She went out there to shoot things to death because she was technically allowed to and because it would be fun. So argue that. I'd agree with that. But "she shoots stuff from a helicopter because is scary" argument is stupid. Actually the point o...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:34 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...
Replies: 55
Views: 6271

Re: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...

Bakemaster wrote:Everyone arguing in this thread is stupid.


That sounds like an argument.
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The Line (of Facist / Facisism)
Replies: 44
Views: 3205

Re: The Line (Goverment Version)

But of course the government's liberty to place landmines under your house won't be taken away, since the government is the one who decides who has what liberties. Unless there happens to be something set up specifically to limit the government's power, some document that explicitly lays out what t...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

Not sure I know how to defend this with words. In dubsola's opinion, "nothing needs to be said," and I'm inclined to agree with him. If you're not a big scared of a vp candidate who enjoys taking up a sniper rifle and picking off wolves from a chopper, I dunno what to tell you. Why would ...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:54 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...
Replies: 55
Views: 6271

Re: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...

Trails are paid for by federal tax dollars. It's being double taxed to be charged a fee for something we're already paying taxes for. What, you mean like toll highways? Definitely. Toll highways are absolutely retarded. If they're going to charge a toll to use a highway, why am I still being taxed ...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...
Replies: 55
Views: 6271

Re: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...

Umm again... They're charging people who DON'T use their services. So you don't like taxes then? I know that I have never been directly benefited by the justice system, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have to help pay for them. Of course, you could go the other way and say that only those who 'be...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...
Replies: 55
Views: 6271

Re: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...

Parking lots != free. Roads != free. Trails != free. Trails are paid for by federal tax dollars. It's being double taxed to be charged a fee for something we're already paying taxes for. Federal law allows fees only for areas with specific improvements, including toilets, trash cans and developed p...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

Your ignorance of the American political system is depressing, though I suppose there's always the hope that you'll realize how wrong you are and either learn something or stop talking. Voting does nothing but express your preference for one candidate over another. Getting in touch with your repres...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:35 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...
Replies: 55
Views: 6271

Re: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...

Umm... y so hostile? All I said was I haven't heard of this being a problem, especially considering the millions and millions of saguero in southern arizona. I wasn't picking anyone's post to shit on... Fuck the government attempting to pay for its services by charging only the people who use them r...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:30 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The Line (of Facist / Facisism)
Replies: 44
Views: 3205

Re: The Line (Goverment Version)

No, no. I don't mean to the person. I mean to the system. Of course essential liberty's are subjective to the individual. But for the system as a whole. Is there one set of liberty that are necessary and others that can be given up with no real consequence. Or are all of them important in holding t...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Questions about the 2 party system
Replies: 27
Views: 2004

Re: Questions about the 2 party system

We vote for third parties because we refuse to vote for the lesser of 2 evils. It's a principle thing. The choice isn't Obama or Nader. It's Nader or not voting. Though voting for Nader is throwing your vote away anyway because Nader is terrible. If you want to throw your vote away, throw it away to...
by Falmarri
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Paedophile comes out on DeviantArt
Replies: 462
Views: 51379

Re: Paedophile comes out on DeviantArt

Let's just call it what it is-- a very unfortunate sexual orientation to have. I, however, can state I did not like what was happening, and experienced great shame when I finally understood what it was. I hope this doesn't start a shitstorm and I don't mean to be personal here, this is purely meant...
by Falmarri
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

And apart from policies, Obama being voted in would go a long way towards convincing the rest of the world that America is not as racist as it seems. Umm, what? So if we elect a white candidate, we're racist. If we elect a black candidate, we're less racist? How do you get that? Also, if the bigges...
by Falmarri
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:17 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...
Replies: 55
Views: 6271

Re: Microchipping cacti to keep them from being swiped...

I live in Tucson, and I never once heard of this being a problem. There are plenty of other saguaro cacti all over the state, not just in saguaro national park. The point is that a national park isn't a business that tries to break even. It sure feels like one, since we have to pay 5 dollars to park...
by Falmarri
Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:30 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: pets! (merged: Pets, much?)
Replies: 154
Views: 29242

Re: pets! (merged: Pets, much?)

Rocko!

DSC00305.JPG
DSC00305.JPG (78.53 KiB) Viewed 4914 times

DSC00271.JPG
DSC00271.JPG (235.79 KiB) Viewed 4916 times

DSC00273.JPG
DSC00273.JPG (229.65 KiB) Viewed 4911 times


Is there a way to automatically have the images resized?
by Falmarri
Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:19 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution
Replies: 235
Views: 24825

Re: The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution

3. All firearms are required to contain functioning GPS tracking devices, to have unique and unmodifiable serial numbers, to mark any fired bullets with that serial number, and to maintain a record of every shot fired. Everything is fine except for this. Way too much of an invasion of privacy. The ...
by Falmarri
Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:17 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution
Replies: 235
Views: 24825

Re: The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution

The right to own and bear arms shall be clarified as such: 1.) No firearm shall be banned from sale to qualified civilians upon completion of a background check ie there will be no arbitrary waiting period. a.) This includes firearms with threaded barrels, fully automatic, military grade, "assa...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:33 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

roc314 wrote:An uninformed choice is still much better than no choice.


Arguably. the Ronpaul taking power in some kind of coup would be better than having to choose between these 2 clowns. :D
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

Fix'd. This is why democracy doesn't work. It's a binary system and you can't help but simplify each candidate's views to find the lesser of 2 evils. Because 2 choices is soooo much worse than one choice. :roll: What makes you think you'd get a choice at all. People are stupid, why let them feign l...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:42 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

Because it's easier to simplify a leader's position if you're not going to be affected by every minutiae of their policies. So you instantly jump for the one who most closely appears to represent your views. How kind of you to essentially define American voting tactics. Hellooooooo 99% of everyone'...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:31 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

Because it's easier to simplify a leader's position if you're not going to be affected by every minutiae of their policies This. People in other countries don't know or don't care what obama's going to do about capital gains tax, gun control, social security reform, or any of the other policies tha...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:38 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: UK is a police state
Replies: 136
Views: 12090

Re: UK is a police state

So your point is that because it doesn't work perfectly, it's OK to record everyone going about their daily business? What about in a year or 2 when it does work perfectly and they do have a database of everyone and all they have to do is type in your name, and the computer tells you every location ...
by Falmarri
Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:30 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)
Replies: 99
Views: 10654

Re: In the World's Eye...Obama wins? (Reader's Digest)

Because it's easier to simplify a leader's position if you're not going to be affected by every minutiae of their policies This. People in other countries don't know or don't care what obama's going to do about capital gains tax, gun control, social security reform, or any of the other policies tha...
by Falmarri
Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:44 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: UK is a police state
Replies: 136
Views: 12090

Re: UK is a police state

CCTV images are currently filed by time, date and location. By tracking through the library of those, yes it is possible to follow a person from the time they enter the CCTV camera range to the time they leave it. Contrary to seemingly popular belief, this very rarely includes the front door of a h...
by Falmarri
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:38 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Google - Rocking like it's 2k1~
Replies: 59
Views: 6171

Re: Google - Rocking like it's 2k1~

Well yeah, those things were less popular, in part because there was less exposure and less pages on them or because they hadn't been invented yet or weren't popular at the time.

Spoiler:
Image
by Falmarri
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Google - Rocking like it's 2k1~
Replies: 59
Views: 6171

Re: Google - Rocking like it's 2k1~

mathmagic wrote:I think that people are forgetting that the causes of many of the increases in Google hits is that A) Google has increased and improved its indexing and B) The internet is just plain more accessible and popular today than it was in 2001.


What other explanations have been given?
by Falmarri
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:26 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: UK is a police state
Replies: 136
Views: 12090

Re: UK is a police state

You are basically arguing that it doesn't matter what the government says you can't do because you can just do it anyway. That makes little sense. No, I'm arguing that it doesn't matter if the government monitors all your emails and such because it's never going to be able to use that data in any m...

Go to advanced search