Search found 56 matches

by Sparthox
Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:30 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Tipping car hops
Replies: 7
Views: 1026

Re: Tipping car hops

Having worked at Sonic before, it is wrong to say we don't come back ever. I was required to make a round every few minutes, time permitting. Anyway, no, I don't tip carhops. They make a full wage, rather than a pitiful half-minimum wage like at restaurants. They don't do significantly above and be...
by Sparthox
Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:46 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Tipping car hops
Replies: 7
Views: 1026

Tipping car hops

So, what do you all do in restaurant situations like Sonic? For those of you who have never been to a Sonic, you park in a space, order food through a machine, a server brings it out to you, and depending on the particular restaurant, may not come back. The same question applies for Applebee's To Go...
by Sparthox
Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:32 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Have You Ever Taken Drugs?
Replies: 287
Views: 35222

Re: Have You Ever Taken Drugs?

I smoke pot every so often but that's about it. I consider alcohol and tobacco much worse; as a rule I stay away from them and only use on certain occasions - a few beers here and there at a party or a cigar on a friend's birthday. I'm not sure if I'd try any other drug - maybe shrooms, but I haven'...
by Sparthox
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Male friendships and homophobia
Replies: 42
Views: 5380

Re: Male friendships and homophobia

For the record, I am a straight male and the friends I am talking about here are also straight males. My close friends and I have moved past this notion of male toughness and emotional apathy and can talk about our emotions, hopes, fears, or desires freely, but that just hasn't really manifested its...
by Sparthox
Sat May 09, 2009 6:31 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Religion: The Deuce
Replies: 5301
Views: 593652

Re: Religion: The Deuce

No matter how thoroughly and logically the church makes points or rules on issues, if it makes those points based off of axioms that can't be proven, that's not logic. I am very well versed in logic. Yes, it is logic. Logic is just a set of inference rules that get you from one set of statements to...
by Sparthox
Thu May 07, 2009 9:15 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Religion: The Deuce
Replies: 5301
Views: 593652

Re: The religious becoming a minority

I know the concept of rationality is very important with a lot of posters here, and I know in the past (think Middle Ages) the Catholic church did a lot of things without a clear rational justification. (or at least not a positive one - I'm discounting reasons like "seizing more power" or...
by Sparthox
Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:56 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: All Roads Lead To Back Bacon

I'm temporarily going back to the subject of broken bones, because I think my story is interesting. The summer I was 16, I was riding my bike along with a friend. Now, normally I wear a bike helmet all the time. For whatever reason, that day I couldn't find one, so I went without. My friend and I we...
by Sparthox
Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Atheists and agnostics: When did you become one?
Replies: 102
Views: 10037

Re: Atheists and agnostics: When did you become one?

I started questioning religion around age 11 and decided I was an atheist at age 12. I was raised with religion, and went to a Catholic grade school and high school.
by Sparthox
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:18 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532108

Re: Rant Thread

going to an easier school and having a great time throughout high school It's... not quite like that. But yeah, that really sucks. I'm dreading applying to college because of compounded mistakes and troubles early on in my highschool career have left me with a 2.7 GPA and no motivation to bust my a...
by Sparthox
Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:07 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532108

Re: Rant Thread

Jesus Christ, the college process is so nonsensical. I took the ACT, and got a good score. Checkmark in box one. But from there, things get so...unfair. I go to a private college prep high school that doesn't use class rankings, because it's apparently unfair to people who would get a higher class r...
by Sparthox
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:36 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Have you ever been Banned? (here or anywhere)
Replies: 125
Views: 10970

Re: Have you ever been Banned? (here or anywhere)

I was banned on this forum for posting in the ban thread. I still have a dull ache where my heart used to be... :cry:
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:11 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Show the world your desktop! [Mommy, what's 56K?]
Replies: 2356
Views: 438413

Re: Show the world your desktop! [Killing 56K since January]

Spoiler:
desktop.PNG
desktop.PNG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 7339 times


Yep, good old XP.
by Sparthox
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9228291

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Random thought: some teachers are smart as hell, but can't teach at all. I hate being in those teachers' classes.

Fucking capacitors.
by Sparthox
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] Woman Thread - All Things Women. Period.
Replies: 27389
Views: 3486814

Re: Woman Thread - Holds 5% more blue liquid than other brands!

That doesn't make sense, baggins. you don't stop wearing leather because you eat steaks. you don't stop wearing wool because you eat lamb. You don't stop burning candles because you eat honey. why would you not wear a animal based condom just because it's animal based? Skin, wool, and wax are all r...
by Sparthox
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Wiglaf wrote:California was an independant country VERY briefly as well, 25 days apparently. But they flew a flag with a BEAR on it.


You have to love California for the superior man-logic in deciding what to put on their flag. When there is a blank slate, slap a bear on it and work around that.
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:56 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boxes! So many boxes!
Replies: 32
Views: 2280

Re: Boxes! So many boxes!

InstinctSage wrote:Intruiging...
I could build a fort for the cat! :D

How can I make cardboard waterproof?


Packing or duct tape? Also, I like the idea of a cat castle. You have the opportunity to be a hero here.
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

With all this talk about barbeque and smoking, I feel we need to settle a debate very important to the man thread - what area has the best barbeque? I'll throw down a vote for Kansas City (bias, deal with it) right now - Gates barbeque is the best I've ever had.
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Baldur wrote:Bacon is better grilled. I find, in my experience, that pan fried bacon is too salty.


Grilling bacon? You, sir, just rocked my world.
by Sparthox
Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:06 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Rob - does this bulge only show up with a certain pair of shorts? I've noticed that one pair of my gym shorts is stitched weird across the front or something and causes a bulge, but my other shorts are fine. If it's with every pair of shorts, I'd go with TheKrikkitWars' advice and get more supportiv...
by Sparthox
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:40 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Luthen wrote:
podbaydoor wrote:They shall rise up, you say?
Do I hear the pitter-patter of a sapient pearwood luggage?


Is it...is it looking at me?
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:12 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

P.S. - I for one am getting pretty damn tired of seeing words like misogyny, transphobic, sexist, and the like thrown around like nothing. Those are pretty serious accusations, you're basically calling somebody an ignorant jerk. Can we start considering that maybe one or both parties are misunderst...
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:01 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

I started a complete shitstorm (I asked Luke to explain how childbirth and menstruation were manly) and then didn't log on for the ensuing blast...I'm the best :wink: My opinion: The components of childbirth and menstruation (bleeding, pain, aggressiveness, swearing, shooting babies out of your sexu...
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

luketheduke wrote:Menstruation is manly.
Childbirth is extremely manly.


I would disagree...will you elaborate?
by Sparthox
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Google Trends has made me lose faith in people
Replies: 28
Views: 3850

Re: Google Trends has made me lose faith in people

When I open up Firefox, the typing cursor defaults to inside the Google search box, not the address bar. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also: Random pieces of big cutlery, spoons, forks, knives
by Sparthox
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:32 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Medical related websites
Replies: 20
Views: 1891

Re: Medical related websites

How about the forums of http://www.epilepsy.com?
by Sparthox
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Medical related websites
Replies: 20
Views: 1891

Re: Medical related websites

Yahoo Answers ;)

You could try Web MD I suppose, though I've never used it so I can't comment on its worth.
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:54 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What do you do with Canadian coins?
Replies: 65
Views: 7120

Re: What do you do with Canadian coins?

That was in response to the suggestion of hiding Canadian change in American change, on purpose. Which would fail in the case of loonies and toonies. By the way, your comment was a little bit stupid. Exactly. You can't hide loonies and toonies in American change because there isn't an American coin...
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:21 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What do you do with Canadian coins?
Replies: 65
Views: 7120

Re: What do you do with Canadian coins?

If I'm slipped a Canadian coin as part of my change, it's usually the one that looks like a quarter . I just pass those off to someone else next time I use change. We call that one a "quarter". :roll: Uh...ok. My point was that you saying They'll notice loonies and toonies. is a bit stupi...
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:42 pm UTC
Forum: School
Topic: "Ouch" moments in school
Replies: 514
Views: 54727

Re: "Ouch" moments in school

Ouch: because my school doesn't use class rankings, the scholarship I want will use my core, unweighted GPA to judge me. So all my honors and AP classes, which are weighted because they're HARDER, are counted like normal classes, thus turning my GPA into shit right before my eyes. It's really nice ...
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What do you do with Canadian coins?
Replies: 65
Views: 7120

Re: What do you do with Canadian coins?

Alpha Omicron wrote:
Mo0man wrote:Hide them with the rest of your currency. Nobody is gonna notice.

They'll notice loonies and toonies.


If I'm slipped a Canadian coin as part of my change, it's usually the one that looks like a quarter. I just pass those off to someone else next time I use change.
by Sparthox
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:47 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Anti-Racism
Replies: 137
Views: 8394

Re: Anti-Racism

...Essentially, seeing affirmative action as racist isn't correct. I would disagree. Affirmative action guarantees that decisions are made about someone based on their race/gender...how is that not racist or sexist? Sure you can argue that it helps level the playing field since some groups were and...
by Sparthox
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:41 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Because womanizing, in my rough pinion, is the overall degrading/insulting/undermining of women as a whole. You degrade things you A) don't respect (if you don't respect women, you're not manly)... Ok, so Bond doesn't respect women in that he's a womanizer. He also doesn't respect alot of people, s...
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

Manliness is not, can not, be independent of whether acts are acceptable. A man is meant to be a bastion of charm and goodness. Honour! Tricking women into sleeping with you isn;t charming, good or honourable. Or acceptable. Sexism is most definitely not neutral. It most definitely is. Some things ...
by Sparthox
Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Boy Thread: put a hat on ur butt
Replies: 14355
Views: 1425045

Re: Boy Thread: It's a Boy Thread! ... Sort of

I think womanizing implies you find women threatening enough that you have to resort to backhanded tactics to 'keep them in their place'. Um. What? I think womanizing implies you really like to sleep with women, don't respect women, and have loose morals regarding women. Nothing in there about feel...
by Sparthox
Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 am UTC
Forum: School
Topic: "Ouch" moments in school
Replies: 514
Views: 54727

Re: "Ouch" moments in school

Ouch: because my school doesn't use class rankings, the scholarship I want will use my core, unweighted GPA to judge me. So all my honors and AP classes, which are weighted because they're HARDER, are counted like normal classes, thus turning my GPA into shit right before my eyes. It's really nice w...
by Sparthox
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:50 am UTC
Forum: School
Topic: Pythagorean Homework
Replies: 5
Views: 1118

Re: Pythagorean Homework

JFGI. Nobody wants to do your homework for you...
by Sparthox
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:47 am UTC
Forum: School
Topic: Homework
Replies: 8
Views: 1279

Re: Homework

I grasp assignments much better when we've at least talked about them in class. For me, introducing a concept with homework is inefficient: yes, I can eventually get it by myself, but why do that instead of having a teacher do his/her job? I prefer little to no homework. If a student pays attention ...
by Sparthox
Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:08 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: When Earplugs Just Won't Do
Replies: 26
Views: 2714

Re: When Earplugs Just Won't Do

Hefty One wrote:What happens if you are unable to wake up via an alarm clock due to the noise-cancellation?


Set a cell phone alarm for vibrate.

I really think high quality ear plugs are your best option here; anything that covers the entire ear will make you too hot.
by Sparthox
Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:22 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What is your name an anagram of?
Replies: 384
Views: 53801

Re: What is your name an anagram of?

With middle name:
Error: ho inhabits barn
Abhorrent briar rhinos
Baron roar birth shrine
Rabbis heart horror inn

Without:
Brain herb rot
Bear rib thorn
Bra orb hinter
by Sparthox
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:03 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What **should** you be doing right now?
Replies: 1272
Views: 108190

Re: What **should** you be doing right now?

Finshing this poetry analysis essay.

:|

Go to advanced search