Search found 2945 matches

by somitomi
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

Moody today, Sabrar tomorrow. Vote me off if I'm wrong. I don't think town would have a chance to vote you off. If you're wrong, indie!moody gets lynched, two people die during the night and (unless we're lucky enough for crossfire) we're left in a classic Mexican standoff (1-1-1). At that point, t...
by somitomi
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

moody7277 wrote:You're not familiar with Wrath of Khan? I think you're one of today's lucky 10,000.

I wasn't familiar with it either. To answer the original question, the opening post explicitly says all factions can win, so it seems highly bastard to me.

Can we geat a deadline for D3?
by somitomi
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

I have no results either. This is all assuming moody is indeed an indie and not just scum pretending. I was wondering if the "fall guy" theory someone proposed was correct and if so, who was moody protecting, but on a quick reread it seems to be a consequence of jimbob mentioning the D1 sl...
by somitomi
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Thoughts for ships
Replies: 90033
Views: 7939363

Re: Thoughts for ships

I've been storing two "Ex Libris" stickers on my desk for a while now, trying to decide what to do with them (they came with a planner I got for Christmas 1 ). Normally you're meant to stick those in your books, but which two of my books should I favour then? Besides, I don't really like w...
by somitomi
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Ninja correction:

Madge (1): moody7277
ConMan (3): Sabrar, Madge, bessie
moody7277 (1): ConMan
by somitomi
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

@somitomi: your thoughts please on these developments? Btw, since deadline is vague I really wouldn't like to stay around 3v3 too long. Sorrry, I got home recently and just read them. I'm not 100% sure how to evaluate the slip you found, but I do see the discrepancy. However, ConMan's power is quit...
by somitomi
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

plytho wrote:
somitomi wrote:
plytho wrote:Yeah, pretty sure that was a slip.

What was?
Isn't it obvious? It feels pretty obvious to me.

I'm not even sure which post you're responding to, so obviously not.
by somitomi
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:41 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

I wasn't aware that our scum lists had to include n scum candidates, where n is the number of scum players we suspect are in the game? Those are my two scum picks at the moment. If I think of more, I'll add them. Otherwise I'm not adding other people to the list to bulk it out. Fair enough. Yeah, p...
by somitomi
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:21 pm UTC
Forum: Music
Topic: Music Fleeting Thoughts
Replies: 14
Views: 10486

Re: Music Fleeting Thoughts

I'm listening to all my songs on shuffle and when Sleeping on the Sidewalk started I thought it was a ZZ Top song. It's also kind of odd how long it takes for me to recognise even the artists and I've heard most of these songs many times. Continuing the list of "songs that sound like some othe...
by somitomi
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:50 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

My feelings are getting a bit hurt, but okay! Sorry, Madge. Please don't take it personally, we like you regardless of how you play. ❖❖❖ I like ConMan laying his cards on the table, I think it might help to clear up things although noone came forward with a night result. Still, as plytho said, the ...
by somitomi
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:13 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

I'm happy to give reads, if I don't have to explain them. You all know that explanations not my forte. I just get the vibe of the thing, man! Then do that. Quite possibly some people will question you about it, but at least that'll get us going a little. TOWN jimbob : well, he's got a doctor's note...
by somitomi
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

@ somitomi : what are your current reads? I will get back to this shortly, I'll have to reread some things this evening. What I know is the two people I considered scummiest are dead without a flip and the one person I was about to file under "newbie town" flipped scum. Ugh, I am so compl...
by somitomi
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:00 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Sorry, I was doing minor car and bicycle repairs, helping my mom move windows around for painting and such. @ somitomi : what are your current reads? I will get back to this shortly, I'll have to reread some things this evening. What I know is the two people I considered scummiest are dead without ...
by somitomi
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

3) Directly tied in with resurrection power which we can be pretty sure exists (if your alignment is revealed you can't be resurrected) Why could we be sure about that? 2) I think mpolo and Vicarin were town, and town's alignment is not revealed on death. I have evidence relating partly to this in ...
by somitomi
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:36 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Could Mafia C have been redirected to themselves as part of the chaos everyone's so fond of? I know that would mean at least two separate redirects or some global redirect, but we've seen things like that before. Is your point that I shouldn't jump to conclusions in this chaotic game? Because I kno...
by somitomi
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:54 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Why do you assume that no mafia teams started with one person? That's not really a mafia team , is it? Anyway, I didn't mean I actually assume that (the same way I start a proof with "assume the square root of two is rational" without actually believing that for a moment), just commenting...
by somitomi
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:49 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Addendum: I'm going to bed now and won't be back for almost a day.
by somitomi
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:47 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

I've got nothing to claim.
Sabrar wrote:So we have multiple janitors and definitely multi-ball (with possibly 3 scum-teams??).

Isn't that a lot of mafia? Assuming none of the teams consists of a single person, that would mean at least half the players are mafia :shock:
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:50 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

I've decided to switch, because the Madge wagon is built entirely on Madge being "too Madge", whereas several suspicious things have been noted about Vicarin.
Vote: Vicarin
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:10 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Vicarin looks pretty bad to me now, but I just don't know if scum would put themselves in the center of attention like that. On the other hand, lurking is a pretty weak scum-tell. Ugh, and I can basically decide the lynch if I switch, but I don't know if I should...
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:56 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Ooookay, Vicarin flew off the handle a bit there and it seems to be quite OMGUS-heavy. This whole argument with Sabrar is concerning :?
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Okay, I'm back.
Sabrar wrote:plus somitomi who was saved by Vicarin to give an honest answer regarding his reasons.

Vicarin's "meddling" doesn't make my answer any less than 100% honest although I probably can't convince you.
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:51 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Quick phone post:
I have to help someone with a jammed car handbrake, I might not be back before deadline as planned. Sorry about that
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Oh and I might just let fate decide, because CHAOS :P
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:46 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

So you're willing to set up a tie, not knowing how it will be resolved? This seemed better than Vicarin's certain death, since he's the third most suspicious to me at the moment (for completeness, mpolo is second). Plus there are still two other people not voting (why didn't you ask them to vote by...
by somitomi
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:16 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

@ somitomi : why don't you vote? I'm indecisive as usual, because none of my scumreads feel particularly strong (that's my reason for disliking D1). My view of Vicarin has improved over the last page or so, his reads look fairly reasonable and his frustration with reading bessie seems genuine. At t...
by somitomi
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:41 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Has all of mark's posts been just voting someone thusfar? Why not look it up yourself? Anyway, no, the vote-to-post ratio is 1/8. I think voting mpolo in the second post without even checking the votals is more alarming, but it seems like a town!newbie mistake to me. Pop quiz: How would my posts be...
by somitomi
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:23 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Why oddly enough, I am prepared to answer this question! From the first page (12 players, 3 full mafia on the same team from game start): Newbie New Year Mafia (9-3) Monstrous Masquerade Mafia II (7-3-1-1) Trial of the Pariahs* (TBH I’m not entirely sure what was going on with this game but it look...
by somitomi
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:58 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

I guess I'd rewrite the sentence like this: The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred or the "only" mafia going for the mislynch. This sounds like you're saying the same thing twice. "the wagon...
by somitomi
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

It was unnecessary (I think) and overly defensive. Could you rewrite the entire corrected sentence? I guess you're right, the point I was trying to make is that the wagon could've happened regardless of mpolo's alignment, so it's null tell. I guess I'd rewrite the sentence like this: The sudden wag...
by somitomi
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:54 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

@somitomi: so, you find my attack on BoomFrog excessive, and my comments on the number of votes that mpolo was on odd. Ok, in that case, why didn't you mention the latter on page 4 when you were asked what you thought of me then? You thought at that time that I was my usual self, but I had already ...
by somitomi
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

@somitomi: what are you basing your scum read of me on? Vague impressions and peer pressure :P. I think your attack on BoomFrog was a bit excessive. The effectiveness of gambits can (and should) be discussed, but it's normal BoomFrog play either way. I also found your repeated remarks about mpolo b...
by somitomi
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:01 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

I am likely to be semi-absent over the weekend (as mentioned in Gojoe), so if you want to hammer without a defense, it's your big chance. That would be pretty scummy in my opinion. I don't know what your goal was in pointing this out though. From tone it is clear that mpolo really took me and Sabra...
by somitomi
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

somitomi wrote:
somitomi wrote:The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred.

EBWOP: or the myslinch, if he's town.

*mislynch, dammit.
zzzzzzzz
by somitomi
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:34 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

somitomi wrote:The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred.

EBWOP: or the myslinch, if he's town.
by somitomi
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:30 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Are you kidding me, two pages? Eh, fuck it, stream-of-consciousness, I'm in no condition to make well-structured text of any kind. Between Vicarin, mpolo and Sabrar who do you think is scum? At this point, Sabrar seems to have jettisoned the looney-boosters and switched to the analytic orbital stage...
by somitomi
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:06 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Vicarin wrote:@somitomi: hoping for some more content, who's your 3 scummiest right now?

I just had ten hours of lectures, but will do as soon as I can think coherent thoughts again.

Oh, I forgot to remove the joke vote, didn't I?
Unvote
by somitomi
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:28 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

@plytho and somitomi: Why haven't you confirmed that you are town or not yet? We could crack this game wide open D1 if you are brave enough to admit the truth! Because I can't? I thought the whole point of mafia as a game is that noone can prove their alignment to the remaining 11 angry men. I don'...
by somitomi
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:32 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Okay, things I'd like to know in no particular order: ⋅ what is Sabrar up to? I know being cocky and confusing early D1 is NAI for him, but I want to know anyway ⋅ why did BF claim scum right away? ⋅ why are D1 town claims suspicious? ⋅ what's a convertible su...
by somitomi
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:38 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Wams chaos game day 5
Replies: 889
Views: 12157

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

What the hell is up with all these scum claims D1? At least Sabrar sounds like he's joking. Also, what the hell is a convertible survivor? I'd like to know that too, I assume it's not a survivor with a foldable cloth roof. D1 town-claims are suspicious. Also Mark is obv-town. What is this, opposite...

Go to advanced search