Search found 30 matches

by RandomString
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Speaking of coming out After much thought and many tears, I am finally ready to say this: I am a gay woman with an unfortunate birth defect (the wrong genitalia), and I accept the various implications this pronouncement entails. Those of you who know me may be surprised, though maybe you aren't. Ei...
by RandomString
Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Whelan wrote:I assume you've had your injection injection, lurgy protection?

No I haven't, am I at risk?
by RandomString
Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:49 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Oh noes! I hadn't thought about cooties. I hope I'm not infected. ;---;
by RandomString
Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Had SRS last Thursday. I'm on good terms with the boy I've liked for 6 months that has been my best friend for 7 years. We got pretty cuddley and I almost kissed him 6 months ago, but I freaked out because I got a bit aroused. I stopped talking to him because I couldn't handle the internal conflict ...
by RandomString
Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: You are the last person left on earth. What do you do?
Replies: 256
Views: 47207

Re: You are the last person left on earth. What do you do?

I would probably do this:

1. Attempt to clone humans by implanting embryo's in sheep or something.
2. Fail.
3. Search for other people for a while.
4. Kill myself when I gave up hope of finding someone.

And of course as I'm laying there bleeding or what not, someone will wander by.
by RandomString
Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

I came out to my remaining set of grandparents today, the only people in my family left that I hadn't.

They told me they loved me, which was more or less expected, and then gave me $50? I was and am really confused.
by RandomString
Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:29 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What would you do with $10,000?
Replies: 138
Views: 15944

Re: What would you do with $10,000?

I'm bumping this thread because I did come into $5k from a trust made when my grandfather passed away. I still can't think of anything great I would love to use it on. I could renovate my house - but I don't want to live where I am longterm. Why dump tons of money into a home when I intend to upgra...
by RandomString
Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:53 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Glmclain wrote:Sophomore

You can make it through it, just remember, once you're done with highschool there's so many wonderful people you can associate your self with.
by RandomString
Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Does anyone else feel "violated" when someone uses their...
Replies: 63
Views: 9325

Re: Does anyone else feel "violated" when someone uses their

Not a problem here, but that's because I'm running a Unix-derived operating system. Proper account separation does wonders for one's peace of mind. So do I on my main computer, yet I'm still paranoid as hell and don't let anyone use it. I also get really bitchy if people try to use it without askin...
by RandomString
Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Orchestra Performance Formalwear
Replies: 9
Views: 1671

Re: Orchestra Performance Formalwear

Unless you think you'll be uncomfortable being less dressed up than the other people, go with casual.
by RandomString
Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Firearms!
Replies: 140
Views: 46698

Re: Firearms!

I'm actually more afraid of pistols than anything. They're the sort of thing that can be hidden easily and they're the sort of thing that kids can (more easily) accidentally shoot themselves with in the case that some parent/adult doesn't keep their guns out of reach. In terms of regulating guns, I'...
by RandomString
Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:43 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How do we know you have a face unless you post it?
Replies: 20910
Views: 3079575

Re: Postify your facerity

Free clothes are... fun I guess.

Spoiler:
Image
by RandomString
Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Has anyone tried the 28 hour day?
Replies: 51
Views: 58801

Re: Has anyone tried the 28 hour day?

I had a friend of mine try this once. He also tried something similar to Uberman (though it was 4 core hours per night, plus 20 minute naps every once and a while). Sufficed to say, it did not work well for him. During the 28 hour day month, he would fall asleep randomly unless he was kept actively ...
by RandomString
Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK
Replies: 221
Views: 24765

Re: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK

Also, you can fix the "nobody believes you" by requiring that a public announcement is made when someone is accused (of course, nameless) of rape. In fact, I think this better than any other method, would fix the lack of evidence that seems to plague cases involving rape. It would also ac...
by RandomString
Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK
Replies: 221
Views: 24765

Re: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK

You want to publicly humiliate someone by having them pronounce to the general public that they've been raped? Am I misreading that? Yes you are. I'm not sure where I said anything remotely like that, mind pointing to it? (That's not meant to be snarky or something, I'm actually just curious if I u...
by RandomString
Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:34 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK
Replies: 221
Views: 24765

Re: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK

Also, did you read my post? Because we can fix both sides by removing the societal methodology that promotes the voyeuristic behavior that causes this idiocy. That's very much an ideal though, the likelihood that it would be even near successful is very low. Also, imagine you've just been violated....
by RandomString
Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK
Replies: 221
Views: 24765

Re: Rape accused to be given anonymity in UK

I think if done properly, not only would anonymity protect (however many) innocently accused, but also perhaps strengthen cases against those who actually did rape someone for several reasons: 1. A jury is less likely to think the accuser's motive is simply to drag the accused's name through the mud...
by RandomString
Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Prop. 8 Federally Overturned
Replies: 479
Views: 41974

Re: Prop. 8 Federally Overturned

The author can value what he wants about society. The point is, the arguments against gay marriage in this Prop 8 case involve arguments like "marriage is primarily a vessel for government to encourage procreation." All those points netcrusher raised CLEARLY disprove that, because if that...
by RandomString
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:24 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Prop. 8 Federally Overturned
Replies: 479
Views: 41974

Re: Prop. 8 Federally Overturned

This is @Silknor A law that would prevent interracial marriage, by your argument, is not discriminatory because it affects everyone equally, right? And before you start with action vs being arguments, a white person and black person didn't /have/ to fall in love with each other. A little more seriou...
by RandomString
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: ITT: We make xkcd slightly worse.
Replies: 8673
Views: 1862921

Re: ITT: We make xkcd slightly worse.

Oh noes!

dilutedsex.png
dilutedsex.png (27.28 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
by RandomString
Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:38 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Well, through growing desire to do something (and some pestering from my mom) I came out to my grandparents via letter. Regardless of how my grandparents would feel about it (which I'm unsure), I worry that coming out to my grandparents would kill my grandpa. He has heart problems and the shock mig...
by RandomString
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Aaeriele wrote:
Shivahn wrote:But yeah. Yay. I saw my therapist yesterday and she told me to "Experiment," so that is what I intend to do.


Sounds fun. :D

(Incidentally, I also met with my new therapist for the first time yesterday, and it went great. :))


And I got a letter today!
by RandomString
Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:05 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

At the cost of completely changing who you are? That's a lot like death in my mind, so I'm curious how you see that. I think it's hard to imagine the amount of unhappiness involved in being a pre-transition trans person; they don't have a massively high suicide rate for nothing. Comparing a single ...
by RandomString
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

amorya wrote:
RandomString wrote:The idea of a magic pill that would make me stop being trans is scary.


I'd take it. If it truly removed the unhappiness that being trans brings me, I'd take it in an instant.


At the cost of completely changing who you are? That's a lot like death in my mind, so I'm curious how you see that.
by RandomString
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:54 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

The idea of a magic pill that would make me stop being trans is scary. Assuming the magic pill changes your mind and not your body. Even in the hypothetical that I was two and was offered the pill and somehow understood the implications of taking it, I wouldn't take it then either. Because if I knew...
by RandomString
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:14 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1495890

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Shivan, I used to have those same fears. So I don't think they're indicative of wanting to transition for bad reasons, seeing as I'm as happy as I've ever been now. I think the best thing you could do would be to see a therapist. Starting to go to a therapist 2 years ago was probably the best decisi...
by RandomString
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:52 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How do we destroy Gender?
Replies: 64
Views: 10878

Re: How do we destroy Gender?

Okay, I think I finally got you to explain yourself to a level satisfactory to me. Here's the result: I mostly agree. Though I'm not sure I quite get the whole impossible to determine anyone's gender deal, unless you're suggesting that you could describe a person's gender, but not in the form of mal...
by RandomString
Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Count to a Million
Replies: 96193
Views: 7748502

Re: Count to a Million

22048
by RandomString
Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:16 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How do we destroy Gender?
Replies: 64
Views: 10878

Re: How do we destroy Gender?

This is all in response to Voco: I was tempted to say that I figured most of this was a semantics issue in my post, but didn't want to be to presumptuous. I don't think the ideas line up perfectly, but it seems I was pretty much correct in thinking it was a semantics issue. I'm not sure that gender ...
by RandomString
Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How do we destroy Gender?
Replies: 64
Views: 10878

Re: How do we destroy Gender?

Gender identity is not something that is malleable and within your own control. It's more like how each day when you wake up, there are certain things you know. Most people know their age, know who their parents are, know what their natural hair color is, but they don't have any control over these. ...

Go to advanced search