Search found 832 matches

by ivnja
Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:02 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pictures that make you say "WTF"
Replies: 142
Views: 30243

the url is <http://bp1.blogger.com/_roywhgm13Do/RYeDliSCseI/AAAAAAAAAAM/Zrx3196lB7k/s1600-h/Hyperion+Icon.gif>

what did I do wrong? slash how can I fix it?
by ivnja
Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:23 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pictures that make you say "WTF"
Replies: 142
Views: 30243

Image
by ivnja
Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Type xkcd with your forehead
Replies: 200
Views: 35320

xkcd -ok, nose is easy

xikcdc - and forehead isn't all that bad, really
by ivnja
Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:22 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 657816

A tailor, Verysillyman? May I inquire for the group how that came about?

Edit: Ha, never mind. That's a very nice (brown) coat you made. Anyone that's still curious about this tailoring gig and hasn't stumbled across it yet, take a peek at the "post your face" thread
by ivnja
Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:58 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Age
Replies: 958
Views: 183789

Fuolornis Fire Dragon wrote:I've proven that to be close enough on multiple occasions. :)

haha go get 'em, tiger


....did I just say that?
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:09 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: politics go here
Replies: 40
Views: 6653

In the 49%,2%,49% result, wouldn't the first step be to see who the 2% had as their second choice, rather than making the two 49% groups revert to theirs? Whoever is the majority second choice of the 2% ends up just over 50% and wins. Tada! er....but.......well.....aww, nuts. Yeah you've got me the...
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:59 pm UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Apparently I have a semi-working website?
Replies: 5
Views: 4133

Verysillyman wrote:An maybe I'll get funnier.


I would say I hope so, but that would be mean.

By which I mean I'm kidding and I really like the site, especially the fact that it calls people names when they press buttons too many times. That is one bit of awesomeness that only a very silly man would think up :D
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:48 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Number puzzle
Replies: 10
Views: 6292

yep, either of those. I saw that the next one in the sequence messed up the prime bit and decided to stop there and let somebody else choose for me
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:09 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Christmas Avatars!
Replies: 99
Views: 17419

I don't have photoshop, only paint, and we all know how that goes.... :cry:

help, anyone?
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:02 pm UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: Spam bots
Replies: 297
Views: 62816

Would it make sense to add a little icon to flag a thread for spam to make it easier for the mods? Although you guys certainly seem to be doing fine as it is
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:48 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Number puzzle
Replies: 10
Views: 6292

2, 3, 11, 13, 23, 31, 101, 103, 113, 131.....

here's an interesting one
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:29 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Bush
Replies: 29
Views: 5446

it's generally "further" here in the US.
further = to a greater extent, farther = to a greater distance

...and then the dictionary goes and says that it can be switched if you really want to. your choice :)
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:37 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: politics go here
Replies: 40
Views: 6653

I was going on the assumption that nobody (except my 2%) really wanted the independent, they just wanted the other candidate even less. In that case, they get their compromise but nobody's really all that happy. I know that that's a big assumption, but call it a factor of safety calculation on the s...
by ivnja
Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:00 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Bush
Replies: 29
Views: 5446

Dan Quayle did say some pretty ridiculous stuff. So perhaps it runs in the family? Administrationally speaking, of course
by ivnja
Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:34 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I wish I had one
Replies: 14
Views: 6930

Re: Battle of the ages!

kamon wrote:But what happens when the inexorably advancing wall of ice meets the unremitting static wall of concrete?


The universe explodes...or one of the objects' descriptors is incorrect

hopefully the latter?
by ivnja
Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:35 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: politics go here
Replies: 40
Views: 6653

What happens if a former Democrat and a former Republican are tied with the first place votes in a three-way election (let's say 49%/49%, with an independent grabbing the remaining 2%) and everybody ranks the independent second as a "lesser of two evils?" The independent would end up winni...
by ivnja
Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:26 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Thats right, You're not from texas
Replies: 42
Views: 9306

Penal colonies FTW - Australia turned out all right!
er....kidding about the penal colonies....








....mostly.
by ivnja
Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:19 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0196: "Command Line Fu"
Replies: 68
Views: 27401

Haha yes Verysillyman, that apparently is the case. I missed that my first time through. He's a lucky fellow....just perhaps a little too smart for his own good? I take comfort in the fact that I have no idea how to program, so this whole thing wouldn't have been an issue for me
by ivnja
Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:01 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0195: "Map of the Internet"
Replies: 160
Views: 47161

I appear to be in Europe....hmmm. I think that's just an error with the placement of the marker on map-o-net, because I'm (supposed to be) in the 128 block Edit: yeah Azza the random IP's I've plugged in all seem to be a little north of where it looks like they should show up. I like the site though...
by ivnja
Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:01 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 657816

In middle school I was a mid-distance runner / hurdler (1000yd/800m / 45yd hurdles/55m hurdles(frosh)/110m hurdles/300m hurdles(frosh)), that stuck through my freshman year of high school, when I also tried out the 400 and did reasonably well in it. End of my sophomore soccer season I fractured my h...
by ivnja
Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:49 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: By popular demand: Post your face!
Replies: 3963
Views: 582655

lol thanks aldimond. That's really about the only good running picture I have of myself, because i have a tendency to make really weird faces, especially coming down the home stretch of a 400. It's too bad that it ended up kind of fuzzy for the avatar pic :-( Unrelated question for y'all (all y'all?...
by ivnja
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:38 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 657816

aldimond wrote:That makes me want to put my really terrible running photo from high school in mine...

lol how am I supposed to take that? but yes, that's me during indoor (on a wood track!) senior year of high school
by ivnja
Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:52 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 657816

Hullo all, I've posted a couple times in other threads (and already managed to get into trouble with Teaspoon) 18/m/Cornell when I'm at school, Maine when I'm not Engineering major at the moment, but I'm in the middle of switching to Near Eastern Studies. I'll likely be joining NROTC next semester a...
by ivnja
Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:39 am UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Stay of Execution
Replies: 55
Views: 23471

I think I like gizo's second option best, but it doesn't seem to be something that a mathematician would come up with.

Also, apologies to Inja for the similar name, I didn't look at the registries before choosing mine :oops:
by ivnja
Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:12 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0194: "Penises"
Replies: 130
Views: 40891

penises (that's the correct form; don't argue with me I'm an English major) pfff....silly english major. Everybody knows it's "penii" I've mentioned this before. It was even referred to in this thread. The acceptable plural forms of "penis" are "penises" and "pene...
by ivnja
Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:29 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Coolest thing I've read all day.
Replies: 35
Views: 6961

Gelsamel wrote:
Canoeman wrote:Good thing he had Dr House with him, otherwise the injuries could have been serious!


Yes, instant diagnosis.

Cohen: "Ahh!"
Gregory House: "You're being beaten!"


That totally made my day
by ivnja
Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:16 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Age
Replies: 958
Views: 183789

18....


....and surprised at how young most of the posters are.
by ivnja
Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: band names
Replies: 47
Views: 6850

I think Fluff deserves 10 points as well for that one
by ivnja
Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:56 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0172: "Skateboarding is Not a Crime"
Replies: 49
Views: 20483

Gelsamel wrote:I disagree!

fjafjan wrote:Speaking of objections


Ow....my ears hurt now.
And my roommate just turned around to see why somebody was screaming "Objection!" through my headphones
by ivnja
Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:43 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0194: "Penises"
Replies: 130
Views: 40891

Purple wrote:penises (that's the correct form; don't argue with me I'm an English major)


pfff....silly english major. Everybody knows it's "penii"
by ivnja
Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:26 am UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: A Beautiful Mind
Replies: 63
Views: 14938

Another interesting book that relates to this is Michael Talbot's The Holographic Universe
by ivnja
Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:39 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0150: "Grownups"
Replies: 147
Views: 79936

RealGrouchy wrote:Does anyone else think that the doorknob in the third frame looks like an anime-style tear, as in "oh, I love this...*single tear*"?


yup. it didn't occur to me that it wasn't that until I just read your post and went back to look

Go to advanced search