Search found 358 matches

by Texas_Ben
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Replies: 363
Views: 53884

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

nowfocus wrote:They've described the game as KOTOR 3 - 11. To get a sense of whether your interested, the original knights of the old republic games and Mass Effect would be good starting points.

Bioware's other RPGs are the only reason I'm willing to give this particular MMO (a genre I loathe) a chance.
by Texas_Ben
Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Oregon kidnaps Canadian child
Replies: 21
Views: 3857

Re: Oregon kidnaps Canadian child

Found this in the 2nd article linked: At a Jan. 7 court hearing, Leonard told Kirkman that he was setting a 90-day deadline for resolving the case, she said. If it wasn’t resolved, Leonard said Noah’s Canadian citizenship will be stripped and he would be put up for adoption, she said. That's fucking...
by Texas_Ben
Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Replies: 363
Views: 53884

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Has anyone heard whether this will be subscription-based or free-to-play (I'm assuming the former, but I can hold out hope for the latter...)? Because reading this thread I'm getting the impression that there's also a lot of emphasis on single-player type stuff. I don't normally like MMO's because I...
by Texas_Ben
Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Girls in Gaming
Replies: 163
Views: 16903

Re: Girls in Gaming

I am quite offended that you brazenly declare that you like "good-looking girls" because that does indicate some sort of ironclad standard for you I like good-looking girls. All straight men like good-looking girls. Some women like good-looking girls. There's nothing wrong with liking goo...
by Texas_Ben
Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:35 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Girls in Gaming
Replies: 163
Views: 16903

Re: Girls in Gaming

No one--but you--cares what you like and the fact that anybody can decide what "good-looking" means is a problem with the whole industry. A problem simply perpetuated by people who think their personal tastes trump all. So we should uh... do what, exactly? I don't even see what your point...
by Texas_Ben
Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Girls in Gaming
Replies: 163
Views: 16903

Re: Girls in Gaming

Chen wrote:What I'm not sure about is whether or not the opposite (scantily clad man to entice women buyers/watchers) has been tried and found unsuccessful or simply not tried at all.


Spoiler:
Image

Worked okay.
by Texas_Ben
Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:25 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Wikipedia Accused by Larry Sanger of Hosting Child Porn
Replies: 46
Views: 7148

Re: Wikipedia Accused by Larry Sanger of Hosting Child Porn

TaintedDeity wrote:It does promote and normalise it, however.

Cool thoughtcrime bro.
by Texas_Ben
Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:24 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Plans to arrest Pope underway.
Replies: 90
Views: 9645

Re: Richard Dawkins to arrest Pope.

That doesn't make it ok. Not saying it makes it okay, but saying that such things makes the church a "criminal organization" means you would also have to classify the police as a "criminal organization", which is just ridiculous. The whole organization doesn't need to be dismant...
by Texas_Ben
Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Plans to arrest Pope underway.
Replies: 90
Views: 9645

Re: Richard Dawkins to arrest Pope.

It would be like If those government-funded nursing homes where sexual abuse occurred, had the government step in and move the people who commuted those crimes to different nursing homes to avoid being caught, or known, knowing that they committed those crimes, and not prosecuting them or holding t...
by Texas_Ben
Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: 1998 was the best year ever
Replies: 167
Views: 17816

Re: 1998 was the best year ever

2007 was pretty good, guys. WoW's first expansion (which had the best raiding experiences in the game IMO). SUPREME COMMANDER. Command and Conquer 3 . Guitar Hero 2, guitar hero 3, and ROCK BAND. BIOSHOCK, THE ORANGE BOX (portal AND episode 2 AND team fortress 2!), Halo 3 , Crysis . MASS EFFECT, As...
by Texas_Ben
Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:17 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq
Replies: 141
Views: 16905

Re: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq

But the other alternative is to not fire until fired upon, which I hope you realize is a very unwise rule of engagement because it will not save civilian lives because they still get caught in the crossfire, and Americans die. So I submit that such a strategy only serves insurgents, not American tr...
by Texas_Ben
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Won't pay attention in class? Fine, I'll smash your laptop.
Replies: 80
Views: 8695

Re: Won't pay attention in class? Fine, I'll smash your lapt

For some reason I can't let this part go unmentioned. Over the 3 years that I've gone to school here, I've noticed that only about 10-15% of the class use laptops in class. A likely reason for this is that many, if not most of the students attending this school come from low income families. So all...
by Texas_Ben
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: USMC uses music to fight Taliban
Replies: 13
Views: 1436

Re: USMC uses music to fight Taliban

“It’s inappropriate,” he said. “I’m going to ask this to stop right now.”

For some reason this amused me greatly. I don't know why.
by Texas_Ben
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:53 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq
Replies: 141
Views: 16905

Re: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq

yoni45 wrote:Sheep.

herp derp look at me i can make a credible argument
by Texas_Ben
Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:38 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: High School cancels Prom due to same-sex couple's existence
Replies: 152
Views: 19811

Re: High School cancels Prom due to same-sex couple's existe

Well at least uh... she didn't get lynched? That's my attempt at putting a positive spin on it. I tried.
by Texas_Ben
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:40 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: High School cancels Prom due to same-sex couple's existence
Replies: 152
Views: 19811

Re: High School cancels Prom due to same-sex couple's existe

Furthermore, I don't care who calls themselves African-American either, I care about racial discrimination. I know lots of super white, whitey kids who consider themselves black, and although they will have no concept of what it feels like to be black and face discrimination, the fact they are non-...
by Texas_Ben
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq
Replies: 141
Views: 16905

Re: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq

Let me call it from the (full) video: 01:46 - "that's a weapon" - it's not. Or if it is, it's a handgun or machine pistol. NOT a danger to the mounted units. The gunner has the two photographers directly in his sights from 01:36-01:46 and 01:46-02:02, that's 10 seconds and 26 seconds resp...
by Texas_Ben
Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq
Replies: 141
Views: 16905

Re: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq

I guess you need to take a look at a picture from that camera of someone with weapons side by side with this video, the difference will be obvious I think (might find one later if I can find dig out the book with the url in). On other websites I've seen a lot of people say stuff like this, or "...
by Texas_Ben
Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq
Replies: 141
Views: 16905

Re: Leaked video: US army MURDERS innocent civs in Iraq

Yeah, the first bunch seemed like an honest mistake.

Shooting the van that came by picking up the wounded? Not so much.
by Texas_Ben
Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:03 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: 1998 was the best year ever
Replies: 167
Views: 17816

Re: 1998 was the best year ever

Meh, I figured it didn't sell well. I don't look into sale stats, as I find that often successful things are bad. So you figured because it was good, it sold poorly? Successful things sell well, and that's the only prerequisite. There have been plenty of good things that have sold well, and poor th...
by Texas_Ben
Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Teabonics
Replies: 46
Views: 6128

Re: Teabonics

(Much though I disagree with, well, everything the Teabaggers are saying, I have been known to carelessly leave out a letter or two on a poster, so I won't use those examples for thinking they are of subpar intelligence). Pretty much this. I found the sentiments communicated in the posters to be mu...
by Texas_Ben
Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:25 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: 1998 was the best year ever
Replies: 167
Views: 17816

Re: 1998 was the best year ever

You are attributing someone else's statements to me. Stop being crazy. More importantly: If you're going to argue influence, then Dune II wins, and we might as well call 1992 the best year ever. No, both your and ST's statements are coming from the same place, which is why I lumped them together. N...
by Texas_Ben
Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:04 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: 1998 was the best year ever
Replies: 167
Views: 17816

Re: 1998 was the best year ever

Also by modern standards , Starcraft has an awful interface. By modern standards, maybe, but you're forgetting that the game is not a modern game . No one is claiming that StarCraft is THE BEST GAME EVAR!, but dismissing it as 'merely' having well-balanced assymetrical units with a 'whoop-de-do' is...
by Texas_Ben
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:54 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: 1998 was the best year ever
Replies: 167
Views: 17816

Re: 1998 was the best year ever

StarCraft - It, uh.. was good, sure.. but Eternal, Never To Be Outdone Classic? Not really. It just did non-symmetrical units really really well. Whoop-de-do. I don't think you're being quite fair to StaarCraft here. Noone has claimed that it's "never to be outdone", but it is certainly l...
by Texas_Ben
Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Minecraft
Replies: 9438
Views: 1515445

Re: Minecraft

Beautiful? definitely. Still buggy tough, and no underground caves yet. http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii41/Robotic_Fish/infdevmapgen.png It liked to crash firefox when I try to close it, so I guess I'll be sticking with indev for now. That screenshot is responsible for another sale
by Texas_Ben
Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:23 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Possible new human lived near Neanderthals in Siberia
Replies: 3
Views: 812

Re: Possible new mon-keigh lived near Neanderthals in Siberi

This article is greatly improved with the addition of grated cheese.
by Texas_Ben
Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Minecraft
Replies: 9438
Views: 1515445

Re: Minecraft

I don't understand survival mode-- what am I supposed to do with all these arrows I keep collecting? Is there anything special about they yellow and grey blocks you can make from gold and ore?
by Texas_Ben
Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:18 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Dawn of War 2
Replies: 100
Views: 11281

Re: Dawn of War 2

Oh oh oh! If we're setting up matches in this thread, if anyone is interested in doing a playthrough of the campaign (either vanilla or CR) cooperatively shoot me a PM.
by Texas_Ben
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:48 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Dawn of War 2
Replies: 100
Views: 11281

Re: Dawn of War 2

Wonder how they'll handle another sequel? I got a generic hero ending, with Gabriel praising me and putting me in charge of the 4th company, and a generic evil ending, with him swearing to kill me just for deciding to paint my armour black... Seems difficult to resolve. Unless maybe we take con...
by Texas_Ben
Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:54 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: health care bill passes
Replies: 167
Views: 13839

Re: health care bill passes

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I really can't imagine any doctors who, even with student loans to pay off, don't live like DHAKs.

Well then you need to stretch your imagination a bit, because I know plenty.
by Texas_Ben
Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:37 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Best Way to spend $29.95
Replies: 14
Views: 1849

Re: Best Way to spend $29.95

the most disappointing thing about mass effect is it's length. The whole thing is about 25 hours long, 40 at the absolute most. Additional playthroughs could be under 20 hours and with limited unique content. That said, it's a spectacular ride. Considering these days you're lucky to get 8 hours out...
by Texas_Ben
Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: health care bill passes
Replies: 167
Views: 13839

Re: health care bill passes

Unless the money a doctor makes is reduced because government funded patients will be taking more of their time. IMO, most doctors considered the money they could earn as part of the reason they went into medicine(going to extra school for money as opposed to just getting a degree and doing somethi...
by Texas_Ben
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Best Way to spend $29.95
Replies: 14
Views: 1849

Re: Best Way to spend $29.95

Mass Effect 2. RA3 wasn't very good.
by Texas_Ben
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: health care bill passes
Replies: 167
Views: 13839

Re: health care bill passes

Okay does anyone know what this bill actually does? It's next to impossible for me to find any information with all the FUD out there. Currently, my understanding of the bill is that it will do the following: 1. Extend the amount of time children can remain on their parents' healthcare plan 2. Disal...
by Texas_Ben
Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Supreme Commander 2
Replies: 29
Views: 4262

Re: Supreme Commander 2

Anyway, expirementals were the best part of SC1. I WANTED to have the super-machines, and they WERE balanced. No expiremental was unkillable; T3 bombers annhilated any ground expiremental that decided to solo a base (as well as the anti-air escorts), the air expirementals could be killed by just T2...
by Texas_Ben
Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Non Sex Offenders are Sex Offenders
Replies: 47
Views: 6162

Re: Non Sex Offenders are Sex Offenders

Vaniver wrote:I don't think there's a strong argument for keeping math out of morality.
.

Here's some math:
[*]It's cheaper to give someone life without parole than it is to execute them
[*]If you don't execute anyone, you aren't executing any innocent people.
by Texas_Ben
Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Non Sex Offenders are Sex Offenders
Replies: 47
Views: 6162

Re: Non Sex Offenders are Sex Offenders

A lot of the difference in people's views on the death penalty is how many innocents executed they are willing to accept for each guilty person executed- and while a lot of people pick 0, it's not unreasonable to pick 2% or 5% or 10% (I'm not sure where I would put the boundary between reasonable a...
by Texas_Ben
Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:04 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Dawn of War 2
Replies: 100
Views: 11281

Re: Dawn of War 2

So many open ends to the Blood Ravens tale. When do I get to lead my Commander Jim [yes I did give him that name] at the side of Gabriel Angelos and have a smackdown with Azariah? Am I to assume it was Abaddon & Eliphas having that chitchat at the end? Reading the manual, it mentions how, depen...
by Texas_Ben
Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:24 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Dawn of War 2
Replies: 100
Views: 11281

Re: Dawn of War 2

Terminator Commander + Maxed out ranged skill + Heavy Flamer + Battlecry + Teleport pack. That's just mean... Don't think I ever found a heavy flamer though. That was something I wasn't a huge fan of in II, the randomness of the drops. I would have quite liked some sort of armoury so you could get ...
by Texas_Ben
Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:15 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Dawn of War 2
Replies: 100
Views: 11281

Re: Dawn of War 2

Did anyone else ever try making their commander shooty? I ended up with a terminator commander with an assualt cannon and a pretty good chance of instant killing something with every bullet... Terminator Commander + Maxed out ranged skill + Heavy Flamer + Battlecry + Teleport pack. The maxed-out ra...

Go to advanced search