Search found 2184 matches

by SummerGlauFan
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:27 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: New Male Birth Control Method
Replies: 50
Views: 6664

Re: New Male Birth Control Method

It's not the *average* consumer that warning's for, it's for the lower fringes which happen to also have the capability to sue. At least, I dearly hope so. I don't know, I remember a recent study that showed a depressingly large number of people believed all sorts of nonsense about birth control/ST...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:22 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Global War on Drugs has Failed
Replies: 126
Views: 43542

Re: Global War on Drugs has Failed

And in other news, the sky has just turned blue... Seriously though, this has been said a billion times, and I'm just a bit ashamed no one has listened. I guess getting your holier-than-thou morality pants in a bunch is much more comfortable than actually thinking out a reasonable solution to reduc...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:10 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: New Male Birth Control Method
Replies: 50
Views: 6664

Re: New Male Birth Control Method

It's not being hailed as disease prevention anymore than the contraceptive pill is. It's a birth control technique, it's as effective as a vasectomy and more easily reversible (as well as less invasive), and provides men with an option. Pointing to the fact that it doesn't prevent sexually transmit...
by SummerGlauFan
Mon May 30, 2011 5:13 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Germany to Decommission All Nuclear Power Plants
Replies: 132
Views: 14152

Re: Germany to Decommission All Nuclear Power Plants

If Germany was serious about environmental responsibility, then they would close gas and coal plants and replace those with renewable energy.

This is just a PR stunt backed by idiotic anti-nuclear groups. Le sigh.
by SummerGlauFan
Sun May 22, 2011 6:26 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Everything Must GO? Several months until the Rapture?
Replies: 301
Views: 30432

Re: Everything Must GO! One Week until the Rapture!

gmalivuk wrote:
WalkerRiley wrote:This just in. 200 million dolphins were raptured today. Just up and disappeared.
Wow. Where did the other 199 million come from all of a sudden?


It was a reverse-rapture.
by SummerGlauFan
Sun May 22, 2011 2:42 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Majority of Americans support same-sex marriage
Replies: 10
Views: 2597

Re: Majority of Americans support same-sex marriage

The original poll The trend is pretty much linear, but this year was the largest annual change. It'll be interesting to see whether this is just a blip and it stays linear, or whether the trend begins to curve more rapidly as social pressures for equality become stronger. The data also shows a stro...
by SummerGlauFan
Sat May 21, 2011 3:45 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse
Replies: 38
Views: 5745

Re: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse

I'm just a little saddened that this is all just a thinly-veiled "Earthquake/Hurricane/Firestorm Preparedness" list... Also, .22 ammo that civilians can get their hands on SUCKS at killing people. Military .22 ammo (which is actually 5.56mm) is closer to an actual cone shape and mostly co...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 20, 2011 5:08 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse
Replies: 38
Views: 5745

Re: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse

I'm just a little saddened that this is all just a thinly-veiled "Earthquake/Hurricane/Firestorm Preparedness" list... Also, .22 ammo that civilians can get their hands on SUCKS at killing people. Military .22 ammo (which is actually 5.56mm) is closer to an actual cone shape and mostly co...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 20, 2011 4:55 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse
Replies: 38
Views: 5745

Re: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse

Problem with muzzle-loaders is the reload rate. If you're looking at a proper Zombie Apocalypse then you'll need something relatively rapid fire to deal with the hordes of reanimated corpses, at a minimum you're looking at Semi-Auto actions. I'd say a good .45, or .44 magnum minimum for a sidearm. ...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 20, 2011 4:09 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Lots of gas giants far from stars.
Replies: 10
Views: 1990

Re: Lots of gas giants far from stars.

The biggest danger I see in trying to settle an Earth-like planet would be the possibility that their physiology would be completely incompatible with us; opposite-handed proteins, exotic biochemistry that uses chemicals like cyanide in cell processes, etc. You couldn't eat anything, and even touchi...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 20, 2011 4:07 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse
Replies: 38
Views: 5745

Re: CDC offers guidelines for Zombie Apocalypse

Gelsamel wrote:Or even single targets with more than 1 HP.


Not to mention a critical failure with a Blunderbuss usually results in it exploding. At least, that's what a number of my dead characters say.
by SummerGlauFan
Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Vending machine!
Replies: 11496
Views: 1025944

Re: Vending machine!

You don't want to know what kind of squirt you got back. Really, you don't.

I put in a llama.
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 5:45 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Mike Huckabee Teaches American History
Replies: 78
Views: 7386

Re: Mike Huckabee Teaches American History

All of my posts have a "thus Reagan is bad" subtext I think it can be assumed of most of the posters here that that is the default opinion. About the only thing remotely decent about the WWII one was the fact that they didn't try to pin it on the atheists. But, isn't this video supposed t...
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US Debt Ceiling reached
Replies: 61
Views: 5077

Re: US Debt Ceiling reached

Fair enough. 'Tis late. I will go to bed now.

*goes to bed*
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 5:39 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US Debt Ceiling reached
Replies: 61
Views: 5077

Re: US Debt Ceiling reached

A lot of defense spending also goes into the military-industrial complex. We have Army bases that are in so much disrepair that whole buildings burn down because the electrical grid is shot and the sprinkler system is defunct, but we can also afford fat contracts for companies to turn into monetary...
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police can enter without a warrant if they feel like it
Replies: 117
Views: 10520

Re: Police can enter without a warrant if they feel like it

I didn't think it was that OT. Spoilered for off-topicness. Take THAT, spellcheck. A simpler solution: end this stupid drug war. We (the US) may have just won a big victory in the war on Islamic terrorists, but we should not go around on other ideological wars. Yes, I know that the war on d...
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US Debt Ceiling reached
Replies: 61
Views: 5077

Re: US Debt Ceiling reached

A lot of defense spending also goes into the military-industrial complex. We have Army bases that are in so much disrepair that whole buildings burn down because the electrical grid is shot and the sprinkler system is defunct, but we can also afford fat contracts for companies to turn into monetary...
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 4:44 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police can enter without a warrant if they feel like it
Replies: 117
Views: 10520

Re: Police can enter without a warrant if they feel like it

Spoilered for off-topicness. Take THAT, spellcheck. A simpler solution: end this stupid drug war. We (the US) may have just won a big victory in the war on Islamic terrorists, but we should not go around on other ideological wars. Yes, I know that the war on drugs was started well before Isl...
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 3:23 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Vending machine!
Replies: 11496
Views: 1025944

Re: Vending machine!

You get the old network, and your data stolen.

I put in some Nuka Cola.
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 3:09 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Take a penny leave a penny.
Replies: 2227
Views: 341795

Re: Take a penny leave a penny.

I roll a natural 20, and respawn. I raise an eyebrow at the international meeting of currency, and throw a yen in the pile. I raise my other eyebrow at the fact that I am now wearing a Vault jumpsuit. (hey, it's a wasteland, gotta be stylish...) There is a penny, a shilling, a loonie, a Canadian nic...
by SummerGlauFan
Wed May 18, 2011 2:56 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: US Debt Ceiling reached
Replies: 61
Views: 5077

Re: US Debt Ceiling reached

Cutting spending > Raising taxes > Neither Both would be best, but cutting spending would be a more assured thing. Raising taxes only works to a point, and isn't the most efficient way to do things. We should be cutting far more in spending than in raising taxes. It's a much more concrete way to ge...
by SummerGlauFan
Tue May 17, 2011 6:18 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: TSA frisking babies?
Replies: 258
Views: 19826

Re: TSA frisking babies?

So it's not the Western way of life the terrorists hate - it's air planes. Got it. You're missing my point: this is a discussion about the TSA, which handles aerial terrorist threats. Whether or not terrorists can recruit terrorists to attack abortion clinics doesn't matter to this discussion. I th...
by SummerGlauFan
Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: TenChrctrs
Replies: 1112
Views: 115852

Re: TenChrctrs

SummerGlau
by SummerGlauFan
Tue May 17, 2011 4:57 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3531669

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Freaking conservative governor. Ok, I understand (and agree with!) the need to reduce the budget. But, of all the things you could cut, you really pick the schools and the arts? WTF is wrong with you? There are all sorts of wasteful things we could be getting rid of, but instead you screw with our ...
by SummerGlauFan
Mon May 16, 2011 12:23 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Vending machine!
Replies: 11496
Views: 1025944

Re: Vending machine!

I hand T3CHNOCR4T some T3CHNOCR4T Ale as compensation. :)
by SummerGlauFan
Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Who shares a bed with you?
Replies: 98
Views: 10310

Re: Who shares a bed with you?

If I'm lucky, just me and my wife. If I'm unlucky, the greyhound will come in and do his species "ratcheting" move - because he's only 7 inches wide, he can fit into even the tiniest gap between us. Once there, every time we move away, he takes up a little more room until he's stretched o...
by SummerGlauFan
Sun May 15, 2011 6:36 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3531669

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Freaking conservative governor. Ok, I understand (and agree with!) the need to reduce the budget. But, of all the things you could cut, you really pick the schools and the arts? WTF is wrong with you? There are all sorts of wasteful things we could be getting rid of, but instead you screw with our f...
by SummerGlauFan
Sun May 15, 2011 6:27 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Vending machine!
Replies: 11496
Views: 1025944

Re: Vending machine!

You get those creepy shoes that kept washing up in Maine last year.

SmoothBlade wrote:
SummerGlauFan wrote:You get T3CHNOCR4T Ale, the best tasting booze made from people since Soylent Beer.

Creative




Thanks. :)

I throw in a Super Stimpack from Fallout, because T3CHNOCR4T is in some desperate need of healing at this point...
by SummerGlauFan
Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Vending machine!
Replies: 11496
Views: 1025944

Re: Vending machine!

You get T3CHNOCR4T Ale, the best tasting booze made from people since Soylent Beer.

Hey, you were fermenting. And you taste great. I'm taking you to a ball game...

I put in a penny.
by SummerGlauFan
Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: I spy
Replies: 163
Views: 12796

Re: I spy

The trash cans?
by SummerGlauFan
Sat May 14, 2011 6:18 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Florida bans sex
Replies: 20
Views: 3582

Re: Florida bans sex

"Living dumb creature" is a weird definition of animal anyway. First, it applies to some humans. It would seem to not apply to some non-human primates at least, possibly other animals too (not sure, IANAB). Are plants not also living dumb creatures? Considering even bees have critical thi...
by SummerGlauFan
Sat May 14, 2011 6:13 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Attack and Defend
Replies: 2904
Views: 280765

Re: Attack and Defend

I defend with a hungry Chupacabra.

I attack NP with the hungry offspring of said Chupacabra.
by SummerGlauFan
Sat May 14, 2011 6:10 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Take a penny leave a penny.
Replies: 2227
Views: 341795

Re: Take a penny leave a penny.

Sputtering as I climb/dig my way out of my car, now part of the cave-in, I dump most of my trash into the vending machine from the Vending Machine thread. I wander back to the hole to see what the heck happened, and maybe get some recompense for my car now being in a pit. There is my half-buried car...
by SummerGlauFan
Sat May 14, 2011 6:06 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Vending machine!
Replies: 11496
Views: 1025944

Re: Vending machine!

You get a pound. The weight, not the currency.

It hurts because it hit your head on the way out.

I dump the trash I got from the "Take a penny, leave a penny" thread into the vending machine (minus the Nautilus bone shovel, because that is awesome and I'm keeping it).
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 13, 2011 5:08 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: TSA frisking babies?
Replies: 258
Views: 19826

Re: TSA frisking babies?

sourmìlk, I disagree completely that the burden of proof in on me. If you want to lessen people's freedoms then I seriously think you should be the one providing evidence. More over, you have provided no evidential reason to even suppose that profiling works in the fist place. It's an extension of ...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 13, 2011 4:58 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: TSA frisking babies?
Replies: 258
Views: 19826

Re: TSA frisking babies?

sourmìlk, I disagree completely that the burden of proof in on me. If you want to lessen people's freedoms then I seriously think you should be the one providing evidence. More over, you have provided no evidential reason to even suppose that profiling works in the fist place. It's an extension of ...
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: What would you do if...
Replies: 241
Views: 22473

Re: What would you do if...

I would always have a snappy comeback at my fingertips, that's what.

What would you do if your pet started talking to you?
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 13, 2011 4:46 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Prom=economic drain
Replies: 96
Views: 10192

Re: Prom=economic drain

I was responding to the claim that prom is an economic drain, when it clearly is not. How much value people get from the activities of prom is a different matter, and there are a number of reasons one may attend or not attend prom, but prom being an economic drain in and of itself is not one of them.
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: The Picture Riddle
Replies: 246
Views: 20629

Re: The Picture Riddle

Spoiler:
political caucuses?
by SummerGlauFan
Fri May 13, 2011 3:41 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Take a penny leave a penny.
Replies: 2227
Views: 341795

Re: Take a penny leave a penny.

Good grief, no matter how high the fines get, people still litter. I clean up the mess, and take the four pennies as compensation. There is a pile of dirt, with a SmoothBlade-shaped hole next to it, with digging sounds coming from the hole. My tire tracks lead away from the hole towards a recycling ...

Go to advanced search