Search found 852 matches

by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:59 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Syria
Replies: 40
Views: 3450

Re: Syria

opps, it seems that I got my facts wrong, the massive support for islamism by us is through al-qaeda in afganistan, and has nothing to do with the iranian revolution. in my defense though they both start on 1979 still, the afganistan victory under al-qaeda is certainly a key factor in the rise of na...
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:44 am UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: That new Spiderman Movie
Replies: 59
Views: 11037

Re: That new Spiderman Movie

LOL MIXED RACE HOMOSEXUAL MUSLIM LOL Basic Human Decency LIBERUS FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:27 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Syria
Replies: 40
Views: 3450

Re: Syria

Iulus Cofield wrote:Right, I understand that much, but I'm confused as to where that was a result of US meddling in Middle Eastern affairs.

one of the major reasons islamism gained popularity was due to massive us support
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:29 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Animal Rights?
Replies: 283
Views: 32413

Re: Animal Rights?

Vash wrote:Treat animals how they want to be treated. Morality is not identical when applied to humans and animals, but clearly, there are plenty of ways one can inflict undue suffering on an animal.

The problem is that animal has no sense of morality, so all that really matter is what human thinks
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:15 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Syria
Replies: 40
Views: 3450

Re: Syria

Iulus Cofield wrote:I'm just not sure what you mean by that in the case of Iran.

I was talking about the 1979 revolution, which happened as islamism rapidly rise in middle east.
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Syria
Replies: 40
Views: 3450

Re: Syria

Er, not to nitpick, but the pre-Islamic Republic Iran was put in place by a US/UK engineered coup and the US opposed the Islamic Revolution. So I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to demonstrate. Are you referring to pre-1953 coup Iran? Both were very progressive compared to modern Iran. Are y...
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:01 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Syria
Replies: 40
Views: 3450

Re: Syria

The middle east before american intervention has a legitimate feminism movement, a secular movement, and some governments that are at least reasonably progressive. The problem is not that american gave rise to totalitarian regimes, the problem is that it made them tyrannically totalitarian, invent ...
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Animal Rights?
Replies: 283
Views: 32413

Re: Animal Rights?

The way I see it, we either do things for ourselves (which is more 'selfish' than 'good'), or we do things for someone else because we think it will make them happy, and the only reason we do that is because we can empathize with them, and it makes us happy (which also ends up being selfish indirec...
by PeterCai
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:02 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Syria
Replies: 40
Views: 3450

Re: Syria

The middle east before american intervention has a legitimate feminism movement, a secular movement, and some governments that are at least reasonably progressive. The problem is not that american gave rise to totalitarian regimes, the problem is that it made them tyrannically totalitarian, invent t...
by PeterCai
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Animal Rights?
Replies: 283
Views: 32413

Re: Animal Rights?

Virtually everything good that's ever been done has been done because of empathy. How do you explain pancake? The idea that humans have basic rights is rooted in the fact that we can identify with each other, and that there's a certain minimum standard of living that we think anyone who is like our...
by PeterCai
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Casey Anthony Trial - Not Guilty
Replies: 85
Views: 10757

Re: Casey Anthony Trial - Not Guilty

Exactly,there are people crying about "the failure of the justice system" when in reality the system performed as intended, there are the tv personalities talking out of their asses, and then these fuckers, "vigilantes" my ass, FUCK.
by PeterCai
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Casey Anthony Trial - Not Guilty
Replies: 85
Views: 10757

Re: Casey Anthony Trial - Not Guilty

it's funny how these people's reactions to the case is making me angrier than the case itself.
by PeterCai
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 8493

Re: Japanese Lawmakers Refused Entry in Korea

Like all east asian countries, korean politic is plagued with extreme nationalism, and as such, when it comes to sovereignty, the state can not show any weakness, at all. Granting them entry, or even ignoring them would be political suicide to the current administration, and that's not even taking i...
by PeterCai
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 8493

Re: Japanese Lawmakers Refused Entry in Korea

Some primers: First of all, there's no actual friendship in east asia, everyone dislike everyone, and everyone hate japan. Secondly, japan has territorial dispute with all of its neighbors. The more famous one is diaoyudao/senkaku with china, dokdo/takeshima, the one that is important to the topic a...
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:32 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded
Replies: 20
Views: 2292

Re: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded

Seriously though,the Whale Wars people are dicks. Watching their little antics makes me want to find a whale and skin the fucker myself. Killing whales is bad, yes, but what sickens me is these asshats aren't pro-marine life, they're anti-people. The moment you endanger a persons life to save a wha...
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded
Replies: 20
Views: 2292

Re: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded

also, I very much doubt that repairing some fishing nets cost the company 1.5 million dollars
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded
Replies: 20
Views: 2292

Re: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded

CorruptUser wrote:Quite sure if I catch a hotel owner hiring illegal immigrant labor, I can still go to prison for burning down the hotel.

No, but I presume that if you see a person beating another defenseless man, you will do whatever within your power to stop the crime?
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded
Replies: 20
Views: 2292

Re: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded

Unfortunately, the legal system doesn't care if you actions where morally right if it deems you broke the law (or you get sued for losses that a company incurred when you destroyed their property). Too bad that's not what happened at all. There was no trial, no fact-finding, and no judgment being p...
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:57 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded
Replies: 20
Views: 2292

Re: 'Whale Wars' Sea Shepard Boat Impounded

Abuse of legal system~~~~Kawaii desu~~~~~
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: China bans time travel in fiction
Replies: 27
Views: 6109

Re: China bans time travel in fiction

State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television is one of the most powerful bureaucracy in China, and it's also one of the most conservative and paranoid governmental body. Their idiotic policies had always been a laughing stock in Chinese online community, this is no exception. Note that the t...
by PeterCai
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:04 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: China bans time travel in fiction
Replies: 27
Views: 6109

Re: China bans time travel in fiction

State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television is one of the most powerful bureaucracy in China, and it's also one of the most conservative and paranoid governmental body. Their idiotic policies had always been a laughing stock in Chinese online community, this is no exception. Note that the th...
by PeterCai
Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Mandatory Organ Donation
Replies: 311
Views: 37820

Re: Mandatory Organ Donation

Your argument essentially consists of: "Oh, their beliefs? Their core values? The very code they live by? Yeah. Yeah...that doesn't matter. They're all wrong. I'm right. Why am I right? Because they're idiots and they don't know what they're talking about." Solid stuff. You know,that's ex...
by PeterCai
Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Mandatory Organ Donation
Replies: 311
Views: 37820

Re: Mandatory Organ Donation

One last time - oversimplifying, criticizing, and invalidating other people's reasons for not donating does not mean those reasons *do not exist* . It simply means you don't think they are valid - and you want to enforce your moral beliefs (that they somehow owe their organs to another person) on o...
by PeterCai
Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Is it right to design weapons?
Replies: 134
Views: 18019

Re: Is it right to design weapons?

maxmillean wrote:everyone else is doing it anyway, i may as well profit from it too.
by PeterCai
Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Mandatory Organ Donation
Replies: 311
Views: 37820

Re: Mandatory Organ Donation

ARGH YOU GUYS. This thread is just chasing its tail. If I had a dime for every time someone said "but you're dead, it doesn't matter, you don't get to decide; there are no valid reasons for that"... Well, maybe that's because the whole argument of the other side is basically, "eh...i...
by PeterCai
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:57 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Mandatory Organ Donation
Replies: 311
Views: 37820

Re: Mandatory Organ Donation

Not sure if this logic holds true. You can decide what happens with your possessions after your dead, so it's not like once you die everything you own is up for dibs. Inheritance and mandatory organ donation are completely different issues. Inheritance has an important function in our society, whil...
by PeterCai
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Parents Sell Children for $500
Replies: 29
Views: 4663

Re: Parents Sell Children for $500

the story is not faked, here's one of the many sources:
http://www.025ct.com/xinwen/chengshiyaowen/45069.html

it's gathered quite a lot of controversy here in china
by PeterCai
Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Mandatory Organ Donation
Replies: 311
Views: 37820

Re: Mandatory Organ Donation

That aside, let's return to the original discussion - organ donation. My argument is actually quite simple: My body is my body. My organs are my organs. They don't belong to you, or to the government, or to society. The fact that you have less money than me, or live in a smaller house, or whatever,...
by PeterCai
Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:24 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Mandatory Organ Donation
Replies: 311
Views: 37820

Re: Mandatory Organ Donation

Nice thread derailment fellas
by PeterCai
Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Parents Sell Children for $500
Replies: 29
Views: 4663

Re: Parents Sell Children for $500

although when I first read the article I asked myself if China even had a law against selling your children... hurr big red china evil durr first world society fuck yeah I'm not particularly familiar with the Chinese adoption process, but does it have as many safeguards as the American process? Is ...
by PeterCai
Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 pm UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: Captain America
Replies: 46
Views: 6275

Re: Captain America

Insignia Weirdness

I give it 1.5 Reagen
by PeterCai
Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Definition of a Perfect Society
Replies: 36
Views: 7907

Re: Definition of a Perfect Society

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My perfect world: everyone is a perfect rationalist.

As in, no passion, no art, no luxury? What a boring world would that be!
by PeterCai
Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:38 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 8493

Re: China-S.Korea Pretend to be close

They (China, S.Korea) expressed their opinion to oppose any acts threateinig Korea peninsula & Northeast Asia. but ironically, China has acquiesced that kind of act such as N.korea's several provocations, threatening with nuke testing, nuke weapon, japanese detained in N.Korea. etc. China does ...
by PeterCai
Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:37 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 8493

Re: China-S.Korea Pretend to be close

And I believe that it's misleading to use your opinion as the thread title, alleviating its status to be more than mere opinion. (this is the ironical point, China has acquiesced acts undermining peace & stability) What act, exactly? Observers had expected the two sides would fail to mention the...
by PeterCai
Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:28 am UTC
Forum: Coding
Topic: Actionscript3 / Flash game design help
Replies: 4
Views: 1033

Re: Actionscript3 / Flash game design help

userful stuffs Thanks a lot! What I wanted to do is a no plot dungeon crawler style rpg where you have to solve puzzles, do missions and fight bosses for each levels(consisting of several maps each). I know that the map iteself, treasures, monster informations, npc, dialogues etc can be all easily ...
by PeterCai
Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Israel/Palestine discussion
Replies: 6262
Views: 501376

Re: Israel/Palestine discussion

sourmìlk wrote:Also, yes, categorizing the term "goy" as offensive is a prescriptivist approach to language.


In non-jargon: "BAWWW Basic Human Decency BAWWW"
by PeterCai
Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:43 pm UTC
Forum: Coding
Topic: Actionscript3 / Flash game design help
Replies: 4
Views: 1033

Actionscript3 / Flash game design help

Hey guys, I am doing a little summer project of my own: design my own flash rpg game. Right now I am a bit stuck on how to design an efficient data structure to store all the map informations. How are they usually done? Seperate classes for each map, or store as xml files? Also, give me all the onli...
by PeterCai
Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Barney Frank and the Ronpaul: Legalize pot?
Replies: 54
Views: 3964

Re: Barney Frank and the Ronpaul: Legalize pot?

Arrian wrote:It will be interesting to see how this affects Paul's polling numbers.

can't imagine it changing that much. he has always been a supporter for legalization, it's not even a suprise that he would propose this bill.
by PeterCai
Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: What if there were incontrovertible proof of God?
Replies: 246
Views: 24652

Re: What if there were incontravertible proof of God?

But what if unicorn exists?

Seriously, like the other posters said, you may as well ask the question more directly: what is the irreplacable function of religion in our society?
My view: none.
by PeterCai
Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Judge Rules Reposting Entire Article is Fair Use
Replies: 18
Views: 2151

Re: Judge Rules Reposting Entire Article is Fair Use

fair use entire article? as in no sourcing copy pasta? how is this good

Go to advanced search