Foes

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

jules.LT

Foes

Postby jules.LT » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 am UTC

Hi,

Is there a way to not hide Foe posts but just make them stand out a bit?
I'm not sure how much people use the current Foe=Ignore system, but it makes conversations where they intervene really hard to read.

What I really want is a simple reminder that this or that guy can't be reasoned with. To help me refrain from engaging them.

Being able to attach notes to users would be great, but I'm not asking that much :mrgreen:
Bertrand Russell wrote:Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality.
Richard Feynman & many others wrote:Keep an open mind – but not so open that your brain falls out

Azrael
CATS. CATS ARE NICE.

Re: Foes

Postby Azrael » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

If you'd like to find a phpBB mod that handles foes differently than the current functionality, feel free to post it here as a suggested improvement.

jules.LT

Postby jules.LT » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 pm UTC

Mmmm, I'll look into that ^^

Edit: Gah, there aren't modules to add, are there? It needs to be full modifications... :?
Bertrand Russell wrote:Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality.
Richard Feynman & many others wrote:Keep an open mind – but not so open that your brain falls out

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

Another option might be a greasemonkey script, but that would probably need to be specially written.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 am UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Another option might be a greasemonkey script, but that would probably need to be specially written.

Is it possible with the way the hiding works? The content isn't actually on the page, it's on another page. Can you extract elements from other pages using GreaseMonkey?
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm UTC

You could maintain a local foe list.
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

jules.LT

Postby jules.LT » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 am UTC

Actually, I posted what I really want there: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=44095

Forums are about what we talk about, but they're also about communities. Often large communities.
So you come across people again and again but don't always remember who they are.

I've been wanting to be reminded that this one is a libertarian, this other one is a physicist and that last one shouldn't be engaged because he derails conversations...

The feature I'd like is, as a user, to have a private "Personal Notes" area about each other user. Probably to be filled out on the other user's user page, and ideally displayed below their name and avatar at the side of each post (make that optional if you will, or maybe have a button to display it, like a spoiler).
Feel free to chime in ;-)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 pm UTC

.... man, I'd amuse myself too much with user notes.

If something develops, I'll poke davean about it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 am UTC

Be careful. Data protection laws and all that.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Return to “Site/Forum issues”