No link to forum from xkcd.com

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ekolis

No link to forum from xkcd.com

Postby ekolis » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

It's been missing for some time now. Are you trying to hide the forum?
Reading posts on the xkcd forum makes me feel stupid.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: No link to forum from xkcd.com

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

See this thread.

It's gone for aesthetic reasons. It may return. It may not. davean is the one to make that decision.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby mosc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:56 pm UTC

I'm legally allowed to complain about this still being missing once every few years right? It bothers me every time I come here.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

Fieari

Postby Fieari » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:38 am UTC

It's hard to keep a thriving community when the members are stagnant. It's hard to get new members when the main website doesn't have any indication whatsoever that the forum exists. Allow me to add my voice to the complaint.

"It went away when we rearranged some things on the site, and I can't be bothered to add it back in" seems like a terrible reason not to have a link. Even tiny text at the very bottom of the page would be something.
Surely it is as ridiculous to consider sqrt(-1) "imaginary" because you can't use it to count pieces of chalk as to consider the number 200 imaginary because by itself it cannot express the location of one point with reference to another. -Isaac Asimov

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:33 am UTC

Fuck you I'm not stagnant.

Also see my sig for the real reason.
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
rath358 wrote:manually adding a long list of swear words to my dictionary worked.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:16 pm UTC

This is a "problem" that davean will fix if and when he decides for himself to change things. Further discussion in this thread is therefore not needed.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Site/Forum issues”