An idea about donations

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

wayland_23

An idea about donations

Postby wayland_23 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

In brief words: the idea is to add a donation button from Flattr website. Like gnu image manipulation program and some othe FOSS programs do. It's quite popular.
I would like to hear the answer, if you choose not to do it. (sorry for my English and for strange phrases -- but your new engine censored my previous posts)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: An idea about donations

Postby SecondTalon » Tue May 07, 2013 5:06 am UTC

Randall doesn't want/need donations as he's selling enough merchandise to get by.

Want to donate? Buy some stuff.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm UTC

There's also this, right?
http://xkcd.com/bitcoin/
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

wayland_23

Postby wayland_23 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

Bitcoin is good, but many of xkcd fans have already flattred his twitter account (429 times, it's around $300). You can see the page in the "Unclaimed" section. (I can't post links here, you know)
People can donate that way because Flattr allows it on pages that don't have a confirmed owner yet. So, you may want it or not, but you have to register there! :P

Wouzz

Postby Wouzz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

Hi everyone,

(As I'm a French native speaker please be indulgent if I make mistakes)

Just wanted to say this is my very first post here, as I actually created an account for the very sole purpose of shouting "HEY RANDALL! PLEASE, PLEASE PUT A FLATTR BUTTON BELOW EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR COMICS!" :D

Micropayments are the future! I'm very happy to learn that he already uses them via his Twitter, but he can do more! The purpose of micropayments is to be INSTANT: you see what you like, you instantly retribute the creator. That's why I think a simple Flattr button on each comic page would be an even better way of using them.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”