Heads up - New PHPBB version (3.1) available

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ChronosDragon

Heads up - New PHPBB version (3.1) available

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:10 am UTC

I know you guys are really busy, and I really appreciate the work that's being done on this forum. Just wanted to let you know that the good folks over at PHPBB have just released version 3.1, which has a lot of changes which will probably make your lives easier and our lives better. One thing I noticed in particular is a new responsive style which should make browsing fora from a phone or tablet a lot better of an experience.

I understand you probably have concerns about security of a relatively untested new release, potential migration issues, and probably a host of other things, but perhaps it's worth taking a look? :D

Cheers

spacefem

Re: Heads up - New PHPBB version (3.1) available

Postby spacefem » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:56 am UTC

Agree - I just updated the spacefem.com forums to 3.1 and we love it! We can finally post from mobile devices without going crazy!

spacefem

Re: Heads up - New PHPBB version (3.1) available

Postby spacefem » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:32 am UTC

just figured I'd bump this topic up since it's been a while and maybe 2016 will be our year? Responsive templates really are wonderful.

kinda weird that we're not at 3.1 yet. I hope someone is at least doing security updates on the 3.0 version.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”