What if is broken?

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

sciencychristiandude

What if is broken?

Postby sciencychristiandude » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:54 am UTC

So I was browsing the What If? section of xkcd, when i started running into [Math Processing Error] on several of the answers. The ones that I saw it on were: Rocket golf, Paint the earth, Go west, Twitter, Tie vote, Short answer section, Droppings, Everybody out, Mole of moles, and Yoda. It's entirely possible that it's just a problem on my end; I have no idea how all that amazing magical programming stuff works. But in case it's an actual problem, I figured I would bring it up here. I am using the latest version of Firefox on an outdated MacBook Pro.

Krealr

Re: What if is broken?

Postby Krealr » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:35 pm UTC

I didn't check all of them but Yoda at least look fine to me. (Using chrome on a win 7 machine) My guess is that your browser has a missing/corrupted plugin that the page uses to render the math equations. Someone else will have to comment on what that plugin is an how you go about fixing it.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: What if is broken?

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 pm UTC

sciencychristiandude wrote:So I was browsing the What If? section of xkcd, when i started running into [Math Processing Error] on several of the answers. The ones that I saw it on were: Rocket golf, Paint the earth, Go west, Twitter, Tie vote, Short answer section, Droppings, Everybody out, Mole of moles, and Yoda. It's entirely possible that it's just a problem on my end; I have no idea how all that amazing magical programming stuff works. But in case it's an actual problem, I figured I would bring it up here. I am using the latest version of Firefox on an outdated MacBook Pro.

Can you supply a screenshot of the error in action, or more exact text of where it occurs on the page?

Krealr is most likely correct, as looking at the HTML of Paint the Earth I see the following.

Code: Select all

share of the whole total so far is \(1-\tfrac{1}{1+n}\), and the whole total

With the bit in the middle rendering as
Untitled.png
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”