no attachments in PMs ?

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

karhell

no attachments in PMs ?

Postby karhell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 am UTC

Hi,

As per the thread title, it is currently impossible to attach files to PMs.

This issue has been brought up here by ggh, and my search-fu has been insufficient in locating an official answer.

As mentioned in my answer to ggh's enquiry, once uploaded, all attachments in a PM show up with the status "The extension <whatever> is not allowed."

I've tried with jpg, png, gif, odt, txt, html, py, java, csv, and possibly a couple others, all with the same result.

Is this intentional, or an oversight in the PM system setup ?

Cheers,

--karhell

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: no attachments in PMs ?

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 pm UTC

You are correct - attachments are not permitted in private messages.

I am clarifying if the behavior is intentional. I do not recall it ever working, but I also do not recall trying.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ggh

Re: no attachments in PMs ?

Postby ggh » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:50 am UTC

I have a terrible memory, but I strongly suspect that I never tried before because it wasn't an available option on the PM form. Maybe it appeared with the forum migration - it's hard to say because my last data point would have been about a year ago.

It is, of course, not a big deal at all - more just sheepish curiosity because I hit the attach button an embarrassing number of times (thinking that I was just having a bad connection) before I clicked on the icon to reveal the error message.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Return to “Site/Forum issues”