Unusual topic disapproval

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

LjSpike

Unusual topic disapproval

Postby LjSpike » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:08 pm UTC

I have two topics which have been disapproved for
Reason: The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product..

One to do with the Van Allen Belts, they're charges, and the scientific possibility of thrust-less propulsion with them, which hasn't any adverts, links or mentions of products on it.
Another in the coding section, I was just talking about how I might start up again a little program I started writing to switch one language of code into another. Which isn't a product really? Plus, it has no links...

So I'd like to know why they were disapproved, especially the one on the Van Allen Belts. I'd enjoy getting some useful feedback from people on if it could be a cool little propulsion system in the future working of long range magnetism, but instead its apparently a product, website or advert? (Unless you wish to count me as advertising the Van Allen Belts? Bit iffy that'd be though.)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Unusual topic disapproval

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:44 pm UTC

What was it titled?

Was it simply Van Allen Belts?

I ask because I, having no clue there was a thing called Van Allen Belts that wasn't some vaguely expensive clothing line, would probably not even glance twice at the title in a sea of "Coach Purses" and "Mac Makeup" spam, and disprove the whole lot of 20 posts in one go.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:06 pm UTC

In any case, now that you've gotten this post approved, future ones won't need mod approval.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

LjSpike

Postby LjSpike » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:07 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:In any case, now that you've gotten this post approved, future ones won't need mod approval.

True, I might repost it later.
I have no idea what I named it. Anyway.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”