xkcd Browser App for Android

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

vikaskundu

xkcd Browser App for Android

Postby vikaskundu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:26 am UTC

xkcd app was working fine when I was using Android 7.0 on my Note 8 however today as i upgraded to Android 8.0 now whenever I am opening the app it is only displaying a white blank screen during its startup and gradually in few secs crashing itself automatically. Any idea how to fix it?

HES

Re: xkcd Browser App for Android

Postby HES » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm UTC

What xkcd app? Whatever you're using is unofficial so it's down to the relevant author to deal with.

In any case, what's wrong with m.xkcd.com?
He/Him/His Image

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Re: xkcd Browser App for Android

Postby Soupspoon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:45 pm UTC

@HES: If it's the one I use myself (though not so much as actually browsing when I'm online), it has easy downloading for offline-availability, easy title searching, automatically links (via the mouseover surrogate pop-up) to explainxkcd, etc.

OP: As elsewhere pointed out (when I deigned to use this forum to highlight an explainxkcd issue), this isn't really the place to discuss anything outwith the original xkcd.com domain itself. It is a 3rd-parry derivative compilation which these people here can't help with (except maybe if the dev happens to lurk here).

That said, within the interface details about my App (and maybe yours, if it's the same one) it says that the author contact, below the disclaimer about him(?) not being associated to xkcd itself, is "dev (at) floern.com" (that's my own trivial munging of the address, BTW, just for old time's sake). Best, then, to contact 'Floern' directly if we have the same thing in front of us both.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”