usergroups questions

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Nimz

usergroups questions

Postby Nimz » Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 am UTC

Belial wrote:
'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Speaking of groups, is "banned from LSR" supposed to be open for anyone to join? :P

Y'know, it wasn't supposed to, but I suppose if you want in, you can have at that.

I saw this in the Self-Deletion thread, and rather than derail that thread further, I'm just going to derail start this thread. I have not tried messing with my usergroups settings because I want to know what I'm getting into, first, and there isn't much clarification of my questions on the usergroup page in the UCP. It does not appear that the "Banned from LSR" usergroup is still open, but I still have a few Questions: If a person was to join the "Banned from LSR" group, would that person be able to "unjoin" the group? And can those in the "Banned from LSR" group see the LSR subforum? I can see the possibility that the Banned from X groups may not allow freely leaving the group, but what about the other groups? Okay, so the Prelates, Magistrates, and General Moderators might also be handled separately, which leaves ... Free as in Destitute. I guess that would make FaiD the exception rather than everything else.

TL;DR version: if you freely join a group, can you freely leave it? And if you're modded into a group, can you freely leave it?
LOWA

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Re: usergroups questions

Postby thefiddler » Tue May 06, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

Nimz wrote:TL;DR version: if you freely join a group, can you freely leave it? And if you're modded into a group, can you freely leave it?

If it's not set as your default group, you can leave any time.

If it is, good luck.

Nimz

Re: usergroups questions

Postby Nimz » Tue May 06, 2008 3:27 pm UTC

Thanks. At least now I know I won't be doing anything irrevokable if I try joining a group. Well, with only one group available to try, I guess I'll see what the fuss over FaiD is all about.
LOWA

Return to “Site/Forum issues”