Disappearing post

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

scwizard

Disappearing post

Postby scwizard » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:48 am UTC

I'm pretty sure I made a post in this thread around noonish today. When I looked at the thread after getting home my post was gone.

So I have questions. Did I actually make a post there? Why is it gone? Some server issue? Did a mod invisible/delete it? Why? Did I say something I shouldn't have? If I said something I shouldn't have could somemod PM me the details of why I shouldn't have said it so I don't say stuff like that in the future?

I won't be surprised at all if I just have a terrible memory, but this has been bugging me a bunch so I kind of have to post this topic.
~= scwizard =~

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 am UTC

I've been noticing posts disappearing around here a lot, today....I don't know what it is.....unfortunately, there are no records to check as to who deleted what, so I've got nothing.

Moderators...anyone been deleting posts without warning?
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

scwizard

Postby scwizard » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:54 am UTC

Yay, it's not just me.

I'm really glad I've pointed it out, this is sounding kind of creepy.
~= scwizard =~

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:51 am UTC

I believe the post consisted of either "QFT" or "Seconded. :D ". Therefore it was deleted.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 am UTC

Anyone remember me asking a while ago for moderators to note when they've done something moderatorly? Yeeeaaaah. You guys need to start up a mod action log or something in your mod forum if you don't have one already.
ImageImageImage

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:17 am UTC

If its in the rules, I don't think a separate post is necessary. Just deal with it and be done.

Locked:If a post merits deletion, it will be deleted. End of discussion. Thanks.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:33 pm UTC

Anyone remember me asking a while ago for moderators to note when they've done something moderatorly?

Yes. It became a topic on the mod forum. Generally, we do it. It's kindof difficult to do with post-deletion, however, considering that the entire point is to *remove* posts, so making another post to replace it is kindof...counterproductive.

You guys need to start up a mod action log or something in your mod forum if you don't have one already.

These fora are already *way* too loosely moderated, by most standards. If we add a whole separate step to the process, one that reeks heavily of "paperwork", no one will ever do anything.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:49 pm UTC

Should Roffle read this:

I deleted your post in the BOOBS thread. It had nothing to do with breasts of any sort. I am getting tired of all the self-deprecating bullshit. Its pulling everybody down. Stop it.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Return to “Site/Forum issues”