Long-lasting title text goodness

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
mxn
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:32 am UTC
Location: Loveland, Ohio, United States

Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby mxn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:47 am UTC

The Mozilla developers have fixed Bug 395668 [1], which keeps tooltips from disappearing after 5 seconds. Hilarity ensues as the Internet realizes it will finally be able to read to the end of Randall’s title text. (Apparently some of the bug report’s commenters are fans of xkcd.)

It’s my first post here, so instead of violating the five-posts-before-linking rule, I’ll give you the URL below, newsgroup-style.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=395668
It's worth it. -Gordon

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7556
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby phlip » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:31 am UTC

And there was much rejoicing.

So, someone who knows stuff about Firefox's release cycle... when will this end up in the official release? Next point version? Or will we have to wait until 3.1, or 4.0 or something?

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Location: St. Heraldwulf's Stone
Contact:

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby Will » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 pm UTC

Um, wasn't this bug already fixed in Firefox 3? Which was released almost a year ago?
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

User avatar
davean
Site Ninja
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:50 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby davean » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 pm UTC

Will wrote:Um, wasn't this bug already fixed in Firefox 3? Which was released almost a year ago?


No, that was another one where it wouldn't actually display all of it. That bug was only open 8 years.

User avatar
Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 am UTC
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby Gordon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 pm UTC

phlip wrote:So, someone who knows stuff about Firefox's release cycle... when will this end up in the official release?
I heard their cycles are about once a month... [/nothelpful]
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

User avatar
Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Location: St. Heraldwulf's Stone
Contact:

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby Will » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:43 am UTC

davean wrote:
Will wrote:Um, wasn't this bug already fixed in Firefox 3? Which was released almost a year ago?


No, that was another one where it wouldn't actually display all of it. That bug was only open 8 years.


Not sure how I got those two mixed up. Go my brain!

Yeah, the suddenly disappearing drives me up the wall when I use Firefox.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

User avatar
Monika
Welcoming Aarvark
Posts: 3665
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:03 am UTC
Location: Germany, near Heidelberg
Contact:

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby Monika » Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 am UTC

mxn wrote:The Mozilla developers have fixed Bug 395668 [1], which keeps tooltips from disappearing after 5 seconds. Hilarity ensues as the Internet realizes it will finally be able to read to the end of Randall’s title text. (Apparently some of the bug report’s commenters are fans of xkcd.)

It’s my first post here, so instead of violating the five-posts-before-linking rule, I’ll give you the URL below, newsgroup-style.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=395668
It's worth it. -Gordon

Thank the almighty gods!

Will wrote:Yeah, the suddenly disappearing drives me up the wall when I use Firefox.

Does this mean there are other browsers where they do not disappear? <checking> Well not IE.
#xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net - the LGBTIQQA support channel
Please donate to help these people

User avatar
Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Location: St. Heraldwulf's Stone
Contact:

Re: Long-lasting title text goodness

Postby Will » Thu May 07, 2009 2:47 pm UTC

Opera, for one.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon


Return to “Site/Forum issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests