Unable to post attachments

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Unable to post attachments

Postby Angua » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 pm UTC

I've been unable to post attachments for almost a year now, and it's beginning to get really frustrating, especially as other people seem to be able to post them with no problem whatsoever. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'The image file you tried to attach is invalid.' and the progress bar just stays loading indefinitely.

I've uploaded from this camera before, and when it first happened I tried converting the file type from jpeg but that didn't work.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Re: Unable to post attachments

Postby jestingrabbit » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:44 pm UTC

Okay, I just tried to attach the same file you sent, and I had the same problem.

Something I noticed is that your image is 3mb or thereabouts, which is a pretty big file for an image. Maybe try to save it smaller, both pixel and data wise, and it might work... but I don't know if that's a fix, and having just tried it, it seems to have worked, so that's something.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Thanks!

Having just checked with the file I had resized for my avatar, that seems to work.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

Groovy. Without knowing exactly what the size limit is, I'd recommend something less than 1mb as a guideline.

Lock'd for solv'd.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”