Xcode problems

A place to discuss the implementation and style of computer programs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

haiphonghponline

Xcode problems

Postby haiphonghponline » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:01 am UTC

Hi, im newbie :)

I've written a 3D game in xcode using c++ and opengl. It's a command line tool, not a cocoa app.

It's for a project for university, and I've to include an executable in the submission. However, when I run the executable in the build folder, it can't load the textures... It loads textures just fine when I run it through xcode...

I was just wondering if anyone knew an easy way around this (only thing I can think of is porting it to Java and making a jar file or else doing it on VS).

I've only been using xcode for a while and don't really know my way around it too well tbh.

thanks for any help

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Xcode problems

Postby Vytron » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 pm UTC

So, where's the game?

(I mean, this thread is to play a game, right? Or, are you seriously asking for help? In such case I suggest asking in programming forum or something.)

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:(I mean, this thread is to play a game, right? Or, are you seriously asking for help? In such case I suggest asking in programming forum or something.)

Did you seriously think OP wanted to play a game rather than chose the wrong forum? It's fairly obvious he wants coding help. Thread needs moving to the coding forum. (viewforum.php?f=11)
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:05 pm UTC

You never know (or, I never know? He could have been making stuff up.)

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 pm UTC

Hi haiphonghponline,

Thanks for your post. We're sorry for any inconvenience this problem may have caused you. Unfortunately, we no longer support xcode. Please contact xcode's internal support.

Have a good day!

Sincerely,
Adam H
-Adam

Return to “Coding”