Facebook API, anyone?

A place to discuss the implementation and style of computer programs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

bieber

Facebook API, anyone?

Postby bieber » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 am UTC

Anyone here work with the Facebook API regularly? I've been thinking about writing a program to comb through the "Facebook" folder in my mail account and tally up some stats for me (namely, who spams me the most egregiously), but it occurs to me that the API could make that a little simpler, and let me share it with others while I'm at it. So for anyone who's currently working with the API, does it give you the ability to dig back through all interactions you've had with other people? i.e., could I do something like retrieving a list of all page suggestions or group invites in my account history, along with how many I accepted, rejected, ignored, and etc.?

spudtheimpaler

Re: Facebook API, anyone?

Postby spudtheimpaler » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

bieber wrote:Anyone here work with the Facebook API regularly? I've been thinking about writing a program to comb through the "Facebook" folder in my mail account and tally up some stats for me (namely, who spams me the most egregiously), but it occurs to me that the API could make that a little simpler, and let me share it with others while I'm at it. So for anyone who's currently working with the API, does it give you the ability to dig back through all interactions you've had with other people? i.e., could I do something like retrieving a list of all page suggestions or group invites in my account history, along with how many I accepted, rejected, ignored, and etc.?

Seeing as my wall regularly gets spammed with apps that do this, I will go ahead and say yes, yes you can.
Fueled by tea and bad maths since 1983...

Return to “Coding”