Android Programming.

A place to discuss the science of computers and programs, from algorithms to computability.

Formal proofs preferred.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

leviathanEidolon

Android Programming.

Postby leviathanEidolon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 pm UTC

Hello. I need your help. So I have this Bluetooth chip which I need to implement in my robot. But I know very little about android programming and I have very little time. Could anyone help me?

What I want the app to do is simple. There must be 2 sliders or switches which send 4 different data ( i.e Forward high, Backward low,etc in numbers), based on its state, via Bluetooth each.

So if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

WanderingLinguist

Re: Android Programming.

Postby WanderingLinguist » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:25 am UTC

I can't write it for you, but I (or someone else on the forum) might at least be able to give you some pointers.

You say you know very little about Android programming. Does that mean you do know some? Or does it mean you don't know it at all? If you know some, how much do you know? Can you build and run the sample applications from Google?

Do you know Java? If we can help you can get as far as getting an InputStream and OutputStream for the Bluetooth connection, do you know where to go from there?

Unreal189

Re: Android Programming.

Postby Unreal189 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:16 am UTC

leviathanEidolon wrote:Hello. I need your help. So I have this Bluetooth chip which I need to implement in my robot. But I know very little about android programming and I have very little time. Could anyone help me?

What I want the app to do is simple. There must be 2 sliders or switches which send 4 different data ( i.e Forward high, Backward low,etc in numbers), based on its state, via Bluetooth each.

So if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.

I can help you there, just tell me what are the requirements

Return to “Computer Science”