Encyclopedia of Algorithms?

A place to discuss the science of computers and programs, from algorithms to computability.

Formal proofs preferred.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Cleverbeans

Encyclopedia of Algorithms?

Postby Cleverbeans » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:14 pm UTC

I'm wondering if their are any established reference materials on algorithms in current publication that are specifically designed for fast lookups and comparisons between algorithmic choices. I'm think about how tables of integrals used to be documented for quick lookup once they'd been established. There seem to be some good textbooks on the subject, but I'm looking for something less verbose, no need for proofs or explanations. Is their anything like that out there?
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." - Abraham Lincoln

LucasBrown

Re: Encyclopedia of Algorithms?

Postby LucasBrown » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:10 pm UTC

Just google "encyclopedia of algorithms pdf"--you'll get some torrents as the first few items; if your page ranks are the same as mine, the first one should have some free links.

nitePhyyre

Postby nitePhyyre » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 am UTC

sourmìlk wrote:Monopolies are not when a single company controls the market for a single product.

You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process.

0xBADFEED

Postby 0xBADFEED » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:07 pm UTC

I've found the Dictionary of Algorithms and Datastructures to be occasionally useful.

bytbox

Postby bytbox » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:01 am UTC

With any luck, in a few years, we won't need this because we'll be able to generate them on the fly. So if you can't find somethng you like, sit back and wait :P

Return to “Computer Science”