Choose your own adventure

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 am UTC

1. Y'all enter actions
2. I tell you what happens
3. Y'all enter more actions
π. Y'all can vote on the best course of action if more than one is proposed
4. Try to win the game!
5. Use this damn format:
>do a little dance

6. If I like you enough you can be a GM too! Have all the power!
7. Don't be a dick (this rule is secretly rule #1) ((leading to...))
8. Finally, remember, this game is srs bzness
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>You find yourself standing alone in a field, mostly naked. You cannot remember very much, though you do recall a vague sense of urgency and duty. You sure do wish you could remember where your pants were, but that seems beyond you. Obvious exits are: everywhere, you're in the middle of a damn field.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
tms
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:53 am UTC
Location: The Way of the Hedgehog

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby tms » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm UTC

>look for footprints
- No, son. I said 'duck'.
- Duck duck duck duck! Duck duck duck duck!

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

>>The ground is very hard; so dry that it has cracked. The grass around you where you were laying down before you stood appears to be flattened, but nothing aside from that is disturbed. You cannot even see the path you took that might have lead you here.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

maninblack
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:44 pm UTC
Location: I'm out of my mind at the moment please leave a message after the beep.

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby maninblack » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

>take a complete inventory of everything I have/am wearing
addams wrote:It was like a game of Rugby and I was the Puck. Yeah. I was taking a beating and I was in the wrong game.
roband wrote:If this is a serious question, the answer is no.
If it's a philosophical one, I have no idea.

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

>>Inventory: One animal pelt tied around your waist like a kilt. You are wearing nothing else.
>>You have shaggy, shoulder length black hair. Your body is fairly muscular. Your hands are rough and callused, and the soles of your feet are worn and leathery: accustomed to walking barefoot.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby careyhammer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

look in all directions
DUCK!

User avatar
dudiobugtron
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 am UTC
Location: The Outlier

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 am UTC

careyhammer wrote:>look in all directions

FTFY

Also, since we're topless, and I want to see if this is NSFW:
> Check gender.
Image

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 am UTC

>>In all directions, all around you, all the way to the horizon, the ground seems almost entirely flat. There are no immediately obvious landmarks anywhere. However, there is a herd of some sort of animal off in the distance to the northeast, and to the south, a thin trail of smoke in the sky that may be coming from a fire. The grass appears to take on slightly different coloration and texture in each of these directions as well.

>>Another vague memory wells up as you inspect your whereabouts. You seem to have some knowledge of the lay of the land: to the south and west there is some sort of coastline, while to the north and east there is only more grassland for a long way.

>>You are androgynous.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby patzer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 am UTC

>Is the answer to this question the same as the answer to the question "Is there a large bloodstain on the ground 50 metres to the east which, when stepped on, teleports the being on it to the rope swing in the universe in xkcd comic #1110"?
:twisted:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 am UTC

>>I don't understand, please rephrase your command
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
dudiobugtron
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 am UTC
Location: The Outlier

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:55 am UTC

> check hunger levels
> check thirst levels
Image

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 pm UTC

>>For now you seem to be fine, but you'll likely need some sort of sustenance in a few hours.

>>You've been standing here a while now, and decide it's time to start walking. In which direction do you go?
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Soup
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm UTC
Location: The Comfy Chair

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Soup » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

> Travel SW towards the coastline, while keeping an eye on the smoke and a potential source.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

User avatar
tms
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:53 am UTC
Location: The Way of the Hedgehog

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby tms » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

>s (180°)
- No, son. I said 'duck'.
- Duck duck duck duck! Duck duck duck duck!

VrookLamar
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:20 pm UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby VrookLamar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm UTC

>Check bladder levels as well.

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

>>You proceed southwest, cutting a small swath through the grass as you walk. Slowly, the faint grey line of smoke drifting upwards grows more pronounced, darker in color against the pale blue of the cloudless sky. You set a good pace, and after a couple of hours your keen eyes spot off in the distance to the southeast what appears to be a small settlement beneath the shadow of the only hill you have thus far seen. It's nothing large or impressive, mostly small animal-hide tents and a few crude mud-stick-and-thatched-roof huts, but there also appears to be a cave opening into the side of the hill, it's mouth a yawning blackness facing directly away from the sun so you cannot see inside. This would be a welcome respite from the harsh rays of the seemingly unmoving sun.

>>In the center of the settlement burns a cook fire: the source of the smoke you saw. all around it human figures move, going about their daily business, whatever that may be. You seem to remember that the locals in this area are not always hospitable to strangers, but then again,these may be the only people you see for a long while, and theirs the only provisions to which you have any access. After all, you figure, any place were people settle down likely has water nearby.

>>You do not need to relieve yourself.

((Here's a diagram I drew for the hell of it:
Spoiler:
choose your own diagram.png
choose your own diagram.png (5.35 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
))
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Adam H » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

>Yell as loudly as you can, "HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO THERE!"
-Adam

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm UTC

>>You're not entirely sure that you share a common language with these people, but you nevertheless decide to try communicating with them. Just before you're able to yell your greeting, however, a sudden gust kicks up from the south, and as you speak your words are carried away by the wind. You inhale and smell salt on the air: this is an ocean breeze. Looking back towards the hill, you see that the smoke trail has been shifted bye the moving air, now cutting a diagonal rather than floating straight up. Judging the distance, you decide that it's probably too far away for the people to hear you, anyways. If you want to talk to them you'll need to get closer.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:06 am UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Nylonathatep » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

> Sneak up closer trying to stay under cover, grab any usable weapons (A rock/ A stick) if you can. Get into position to Attack these people around the camp fire.

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:50 am UTC

>>You decide not to take the risk of approaching these people directly, but opt for a more stealthy, more vicious approach. There is little cover to be had on this vast, flat expanse, but you make do with what you can. You begin walking again, resolved to circle around behind the hill and so take the settlement by surprise. The approach takes you a good while, even walking quickly, but eventually you come to the sunward side of the hill, directly behind the settlement, as it were. The ground is stonier here, and there are even some low, tough shrubs clinging to the cracked earth.

>>The entire time you were walking you were searching for a weapon of some sort, but it is only here that you find anything suitable. Though there appears to be no wood in these plains that goes much beyond twigs and sticks, there are various rocks around. Just when you find one you like the heft of, you notice on the ground amid the grass and undergrowth a crude sort of stone tool, perhaps a hammer or a badly blunted ax, chipped and worn, but still firmly affixed with animal hide twine to a solid looking stick. Admittedly, the stick is broken, leaving barely enough room for one's hand below the stone head, and it's certainly less heavy than a plain rock, but it nevertheless might serve as a better weapon.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Soup
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm UTC
Location: The Comfy Chair

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Soup » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:28 pm UTC

> Wait for nightfall
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

>>There is no nightfall
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

maninblack
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:44 pm UTC
Location: I'm out of my mind at the moment please leave a message after the beep.

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby maninblack » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

>Wait for cover of darkness
addams wrote:It was like a game of Rugby and I was the Puck. Yeah. I was taking a beating and I was in the wrong game.
roband wrote:If this is a serious question, the answer is no.
If it's a philosophical one, I have no idea.

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

>>You consider waiting for the sun to die out in a few billion years before attacking, but decide against it
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Soup
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm UTC
Location: The Comfy Chair

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Soup » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

> Assess the temperature of this never-ending, sunlit day.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

>>It's pretty damn hot, especially as you've been walking for hours, but not terrible
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Adam H » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

>Look at campfire
-Adam

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

>>You creep around the side of the hill until the settlement comes into sight. Crouching behind a hut built up against the hill, you're able to peek around the corner until the fire comes into view. There are perhaps 20 people within your field of vision, mostly children and the elderly, though a few adult men and women seem to be keeping order. The main body of this settlement's inhabitants is nowhere to be found, either away from their homes or else out of sight. The people that you can see are mostly crafting tools or clothing, or cooking something over the fire; the children being taught each of these skills. The smell of cooking food makes you realize how hungry you are, and upon a few moments of careful listening, you hear the faint trickle of running water as well.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:06 am UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Nylonathatep » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

> Grab the head of the axe, try to peek inside the nearest the huts, if it's empty then sneak in. Loot for food/valuables/weapons.

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:32 pm UTC

>>Having opted for the stone tool over the rock, you now move stealthily into the settlement itself. The first hut you look into appears to be empty, so you quickly duck inside before anyone notices you. The interior is, if anything, even less remarkable than the outside. A quick once-over is enough to tell you that there is no weaponry or food in here. A crude sort of pot or cup or urn of some sort catches your eye, but it is empty. In fact, the only items of note are a few animal skins bunched up against a wall: perhaps a soft spot for someone to sleep on?
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Adam H » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

>Wait (my intention is to wait until someone enters the tent)
-Adam

User avatar
Pressed Bunson
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 pm UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Pressed Bunson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

>What culture/town do these people appear to be from?
Asmodieus wrote:Knock knock.
Whose there?
Your friends, we're staging an intervention.

black_hat_guy wrote:There once was an X from place B,
Who satisfied predicate P,
The X did thing A,
In a specified way,
Resulting in circumstance C.


Ncoppa jammo ja, funiculì, funiculà!

User avatar
thecamoninja
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm UTC
Location: All these sick scenes
Contact:

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby thecamoninja » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

>>They are hunter gatherers, though given the effort put into some of these huts, it seems unlikely that they are entirely nomadic

>>You wait by the door, hoping someone will come into the hut. After a while of waiting, you notice that the level of sunlight streaming through gaps in the roof and the open entryway seems to have decreased, as though the sun were overcast. Just then, a head pokes into the hut from the door - a small child is looking inside momentarily. Upon seeing your knees, they slowly look up until your gazes meet. Slowly, their eyes widen. The settlement does not have a large population, and the child does not recognize you.

>>What do you do?
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Adam H » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

>Pull child into hut and attempt to communicate with them. The first thing you try to tell them is your name and that you are a friend.
-Adam

User avatar
Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:06 am UTC

Re: Choose your own adventure

Postby Nylonathatep » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

> Also mimicking Adam H Avatar's facial and hand gestures when trying to communicate with them...(if such event will take place.)


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SecondTalon, Yntec and 49 guests