Super Spy Rumble - Replacement Sign-Ups!

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dudiobugtron

Re: Super Spy Rumble - Bidding!

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

About an hour left until the deadline, so I thought I'd bump for camo in case he still wants to bid!

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:29 am UTC

Sorry! I suddenly became very busy! I'll have bids in soon.
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 am UTC

Extending deadline for camo (to 16 hours from now) unless someone complains.

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 pm UTC

Bids:
Spoiler:
Blend In - 0
Infiltrate - 25
Velcro shoes - 25
Stolen Plans - 15
Splinter Faction - 0
Q's Armory - 15
MacGyver - 0
Boomerang - 0
Spy Allies - 25
Saboteur Spy - 0
Blending trenchcoats - 25
Invisible ink - 0
Cloak and Dagger Division - 20
Knockout Gas - 0

Sorry for the wait!
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
- - -

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

Results on the bids are in!

Blend In
Tormod: 63
dudiobugtron: 4
VrookLamar: 3

Infiltrate
thecamoninja: 25
VrookLamar: 7
dudiobugtron: 7

Velcro shoes
dudiobugtron: 5
VrookLamar: 2

Stolen Plans
dudiobugtron: 21
Snark: 20
thecamoninja: 15
VrookLamar: 6

Splinter Faction
dudiobugtron: 77
Tormod: 73
VrookLamar: 40

Q's Armory
Vieto: 36
VrookLamar: 31
thecamoninja: 15
dudiobugtron: 1

MacGyver
VrookLamar: 4

Boomerang
dudiobugtron: 41
VrookLamar: 7

Spy Allies
Snark: 25

VrookLamar: 18
dudiobugtron: 3

Saboteur Spy
VrookLamar: 11

Blending trenchcoats
firesoul31: 80
Vieto: 74
Tormod: 63
VrookLamar: 18
dudiobugtron: 4

Invisible ink
Tormod: 33
firesoul31: 30
dudiobugtron: 7
VrookLamar: 5

Cloak and Dagger division
thecamoninja: 20
dudiobugtron: 11
VrookLamar: 11

Knockout Gas
VrookLamar: 3

Note: firesoul31's bid for Ambush was invalid: that's a public power, not a private one!

Powers gotten:

Tormod: Blend In (63), Invisible ink (33) - Starts with 154 energy.

thecamoninja: Infiltrate (25), Velcro shoes (25), Cloak and Dagger division (20) - Goes to rebid for Spy Allies

dudiobugtron: Stolen Plans (21), Splinter Faction (77), Boomerang (41) - Starts with 111 energy.

Vieto: Q's Armory (36) - Starts the game with 214 energy.

VrookLamar: MacGyver (4), Saboteur Spy (11) - Starts the game with 235 energy.

Snark: Goes to rebid for Spy Allies

firesoul31: Blending trenchcoats (80) - Starts the game with 170 energy.

Rebid Stage!

In the rebid stage, players get to bid again for tied powers.

This is Snark and thecamoninja, who have to rebid for Spy Allies, 25 energy or more.

But please note, Snark is a vanilla player, if both players don't rebid, or they tie on their bid, Snark will absorb the power for free.

There's a 48 hours time limit for this or until players lock, also, please use this time to add flavor to your faction :)

Vieto

Re: Super Spy Rumble - Rebidding And Flavor!

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

Dang it, Firesoul. You delayed my master evil plan!

Oh well, this will probably work out better for me anyways.

dudiobugtron

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:Oh well, this will probably work out better for me anyways.

I think it probably did - I've realised that since public powers and items are so powerful, bidding a lot on private powers probably wasn't the best plan!

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:48 pm UTC

Trenchcoats with splinter faction and blend in could have been sick. But someone had to steal my thunder ^^ I could have saved a LOT on blend in though :P

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:15 am UTC

Rebid for Spy Allies:
Spoiler:
30 spies
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
- - -

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:44 am UTC

Rebid:
Spoiler:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

dudiobugtron

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:50 am UTC

Camo should be able to use Cloak and Dagger division for the rebid. ;)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:16 am UTC

The results are in, Snark wins the rebid for 32!

The powers are decided!:

Tormod: Blend In (63), Invisible ink (33) - Starts with 154 energy.

thecamoninja: Infiltrate (25), Velcro shoes (25), Cloak and Dagger division (20) - Starts the game with 180 Spies.

dudiobugtron: Stolen Plans (21), Splinter Faction (77), Boomerang (41) - Starts with 111 Spies.

Vieto: Q's Armory (36) - Starts the game with 214 Spies.

VrookLamar: MacGyver (4), Saboteur Spy (11) - Starts the game with 235 Spies.

Snark: Spy Allies (32) - Starts the game with 218 Spies

firesoul31: Blending trenchcoats (80) - Starts the game with 170 Spies.

Private Powers:
Spoiler:
Blend In: You may not defend. Each turn, you may pick a player. You are unaffected by attacks or powers targeted at you, but if the chosen player is attacked for more than their defense (except by you), you take that damage instead. Your attacks against the chosen player ignore one point of defense for each of your attacking spies, and this damage harms the chosen player instead of you. This power cannot be used on the same person twice in a row.

Infiltrate: You may assign spies to infiltrate other's bases. For each spy spent, your next attack against that target gains an extra 1 damage. The target of this ability is not public.

Velcro shoes: Your spies have velcro shoes. This means they can walk over walls and buildings etc..., and so ignore any defense from powers when attacking. (Only real spies can defend against them.)

Stolen Plans: You can only use this power once per turn. Spend X, where X is the power level of target private power an opponent controls. You get a copy of that power for this turn, which you can use as normal this turn.

Splinter Faction: Whenever you deal damage to another player, the spies you would otherwise kill become a small spy agency (a sidekick) controlled by you with all of the larger faction's powers.

Q's Armory: You may spend energy to invest in Q-points (1 energy = 1 Q-point). When you have equal Q-points to this move's power level, you may reduce your Q-points to zero to use any item that you have already purchased.

MacGyver - Your creativity allows you to improvise items at a small cost. Burn 5 at any time to create an item, even if you had already purchased it before. You may create up to 1 + floor(Power level / 20) items per turn. You still need to spend the item's cost to actually use it. You may 'store' created items for later use. - His name is MacGyver; he can fix anything

Boomerang - You throw a boomerang that disables a specific target's attacks, defense, or powers (private and public) for a round, and also does (Power level) unblockable damage. However, when you use it, your target takes Boomerang from you (unless the target dies in the same round). - I caught your boomerang and now I'm throwing it back at you.

Spy Allies - In Rounds 1 through 5, your spy friends come help you fight and add 100 Spies to your defense each of those rounds. In rounds 6-infinity, your spy friends come help you fight and add 10 Spies to your defense each of those rounds. You may not decline the Allies' help if you have this power.

Saboteur Spy - Each round, you may choose one player and one item or public power. That player may not buy that item or public power for the next 3 rounds (starting with the round after you use this power, so if you target Snark/Spy Store Sale in Round 1, Snark may not buy Spy Store Sale in Rounds 2, 3, or 4). You may not target the same player/item or public power combo that has previously been targeted (even if someone else did it before with a copy of Saboteur Spy). You also may not target the same player or item/public power that you targeted in the prior round. (A valid list of targets each round could look like A/1, B/2, no target, B/1, A/2, and so on. A/1, B/1 in back-to-back rounds would be invalid as would A/1, A/2.)

Blending trenchcoats (passive)
Defending against an army is easy, a few spies not so much.
Whenever you attack a player with 10 or less spies, they ignore any amount of defence that player has.

Invisible ink (passive)
Didn't you read the fine print?
Whenever you successfully damage an opponent with an attack you can change one numerical value of a power or the powerlevel by up to 10%, rounded up. If this would cause a division by zero, that alteration is forbidden by the international spylaw.

Cloak and Dagger division - once per round, you may spend this ability's power level to find out one other players' moves before submitting your own actions

Knockout Gas - Spend 30 spies and nullify all attacks against you this round, but also all of your own attack, defense, and actions. Burn 10 spies each time you do this.

Public Powers (buyable once per round - Spies return next round):
Spoiler:
Ambush (40)
Your attacks against players who are being attacked for more than their defense by people other than you are doubled in strength.

Portable Maginot Line: Spend X and choose an opponent. You get (Y-1)*X defense against that opponent this turn, where Y is the number of players still left in the game. You may only use this against one player each turn.

The Usual Suspects: Cost: X spies, where X is your bid for this power. If you win, burn the spies you paid for this power, but redirect all attacks sent at you towards another player.

Defense infiltration (30) - Whichever of your opponents spends the largest number of spies on defense unnecessarily (i.e. whose defense exceeds the attacks on them by the greatest amount) loses 10% (rounded down) of their spies. - Those spies you assigned to defense were actually infiltrated spies I sent to attack you!

Spy Store Sale - Cost: 1 - In the same round that you buy this, choose a private power (even ones that are gone from the game due to players dying). If you currently have that power, you sell it back for a part of its cost (you lose that power and gain Spies equal to its power level times 0.75 rounded down to the nearest integer). If you currently don't have that power, you buy it with a price increase (you gain that power as it was at the beginning of the game during bidding and lose/burn Spies equal to its power level times 1.25 rounded up to the nearest integer). You may not buy the same power more than once using Spy Store Sale though you gain buy a Power that you've owned before (to prevent infinite loops of buying a power, getting a benefit from it, then selling it back, and making a profit somehow).
Note: Certain powers may need to be banned from being buyable if they wouldn't work well with multiple people having the power at once or being gained mid-game - the mod or a majority of players can decide for which powers this is necessary, if any.

Pass the blame
Cost: Burn 5 spies * number of alive players
You send out spies to your enemies to make the galactic organ for monitoring the limited use of prohibited items think it wasn't you that used the item after all.
The activation of this power will reset the availability of all items to you, but the spies are burned in the process, never to return home.

Super Soldier Serum - Costs X Spies. Those same spies may attack for double damage, but after attacking the serum kills them

Items (buyable once per game - Spies return next round)
Spoiler:
Smoke Bomb (100)
All players who attack you this turn instead attack themselves.

Revenge Ray: Cost: 10. At the end of the turn, everyone who damaged you this turn takes unavoidable damage equal to the amount of damage they did to you this turn.

Government Shutdown: Cost: 10 spies. All public powers are rendered unusable this turn, because you forced a government shutdown.

Sticky bomb (X) - Attach a sticky bomb to a target that will explode after 2 rounds, doing 3X points of (blockable) damage. A person to whom the sticky bomb is attached can choose to burn 10 to attach it to someone else or remove it completely before it explodes. It cannot be reattached to the person who first attached the sticky bomb.- If there's a live bomb thrown nearby you, you have a chance to grab it and throw it away. However, if a sticky one is involved, you better run away really fast.

Spy Associates - Cost: 9 - Gain Spies equal to 10 times the round number when you bought this item. If you manage to buy this item more than once, then any time you activate it after the first time, you only gain 1 Spy. (because this item would be pretty broken if anything allowed buying an item multiple times.)

the Simulacrum Super Zeroxer
Cost:10 spies
If you only successfully attack one other player this round you may choose one of that players private powers to duplicate.
The duplicate will be an identical copy of the power at the time the copy is made, but any changes made to the original at a later stage will not be reflected on the copy.

Dubiously Diabolical Doomsday Device - This item may not be bought until round 4 begins. Afterwards, it will be given only to the highest bidder each round. After buying this item, you may choose whether or not to activate it. If activated, the doomsday device will initiate a countdown, and after three turns, kills everyone unless it can be disarmed by killing its owner.

Game will start in 24 hours, players are encouraged to add flavor to their factions in the meantime!

Snark

Re: Super Spy Rumble - Flavor time!

Postby Snark » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 am UTC

Flavor:
Jack Bristow. In every corner of every city n the world, Bristow's friends await his call. Just a word and they're with him, fighting for whatever cause he deems just. He knows that battles are won by people. Not fancy gadgets or tricks.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:43 am UTC

Bond, James Bond
007, along with agents 001 through 214 are equipped with the finest gadgets supplied by England, for England.

moves:
Spoiler:
Q-Armory = 36 agents
Zeroxer = 10 agents
Attack Firesoul for 167 Agents (For England)
The Usual suspects = 1 Agent

Leeroy!!!! :lol:

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:33 am UTC

moves cont'
Spoiler:
If I win 'the usual suspects', redirect towards FS. No need making too many enemies at this point.

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:41 am UTC

D'oh I means to bid for Infiltrate.

Ah well.

The Men in Black

You'll never know anything happened. As far as you know, you just went for a pleasant stroll, and who are these people that everyone says you met?

Moves:
Spoiler:
Attack dudiobugtron 10
Spy Store Sale (MacGyver for burning 5 spies) for 1 (net 6)
Simulacrum Super Zeroxer for 10 (attempt for Splinter Faction)
Sticky Bomb dudiobugtron for 44 energy (132 damage)
Defend for 100
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

Vytron

Re: Super Spy Rumble - Round 1!

Postby Vytron » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:02 am UTC

Alright, players can still post flavor, but the game has officially started and people can already send moves in!

Because weekend I'm setting a 48 hour deadline for this.

Expecting flavor from:
Tormod
dudiobugtron
VrookLamar
thecamoninja

Awaiting moved from:
Tormod
Snark
dudiobugtron
VrookLamar
thecamoninja

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:18 pm UTC

Moves:
Spoiler:
Buy Simulcrum for 10 (choosing firesould31's Blending trenchcoats)
Attack firesoul31 for 171
Defend for 37

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

Er, can I change my moves? If so,

Moves, revised:
Spoiler:
Attack dudiobugtron 10
Super Simulacrum Zeroxer for 10 (trying to steal Splinter Faction)
Spy Store Sale on Macgyver: burn 5, spend one (total 6)
The Usual Suspects (redirect to VrookLamar) for 144

See, I don't want to use the stickybomb yet, I've realized, and TUS probably will be more effective as it will also damage others (plus, on the off chance that several people have decided to team up on me, I'll take less damage (probably).) I just attacked dudiobugtron because they have splinter faction, bought Macgyver because it's cheap, and am redirecting to VrookLamar because I really don't want him to sabotage my Zeroxer, and he has surprisingly many spies for the number of powers he has. I guess I really wasn't thinking through when I last posted my moves; sure, they could have worked just as well, but this has all the benefits and few of the downsides. (My plan, by the way, is to use Zeroxer, Blending Trenchcoats, and Macgyver to get whatever powers I want (the Splinter Faction will do damage and such for me). Next on my list is Spy Allies, then probably just attack everyone and have all of my minions buy items at once and kill everyone. (Except the boomerang minion; he'll just throw his boomerang at whomever already has a boomerang.)

I'm going to lock my moves now.
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

dudiobugtron

Postby dudiobugtron » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

The Divas

Did you know that Nikki Minaj was really the leader of a secret organisation of pop-loving vigilante super-spies? No? Then her cover is working perfectly!
Fighting to right the wrongs of the music industry, the Divas don't use weapons at all, preferring to win their enemies over to their cause with their inspirational (autotuned) lyrics, and plenty of synth and bass. They are also no stranger to piracy, and will illegally download your music, or your plans, or whatever they can get their hands on. Of course, like modern-day Robins Hood, they make sure the money goes directly to the artists, bypassing the evil record labels (or spy syndicates)!

Unfortunately, they might 'accidentally' leave their copy of Boomerang in enemy bases sometimes. But then, can you really blame them?

Moves:
Spoiler:
Buy smoke bomb for 100 (it comes with some awesome disco lighting and even a strobe!)
Rock out with Tormod for 2 (attack)
Get down with thecamoninja for 2 (attack)
Share some tunes with Vieto for 2 (attack)
Jam with VrookLamar for 2 (attack)
Pump up the volume for Snark by 2 (attack)
Bust a move with firesoul for 1 (attack)

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:55 am UTC

The Order of the Sticky Feet
They are silent, and they are everywhere. Anytime you feel as though you're being watched when you're alone at night, anytime the sparse hairs raise on the back of your neck, anytime you catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye that vanishes when you look at it, or hear a low noise, as of velcro detaching from a fuzzy surface, so soft you're not sure you heard it- that's them. They are the silent watchers, gathering information and undermining your defenses, stuck to the ceiling in their shoes of velcro, taking mental notes and waiting for the time to strike. And by the time you hear the ripping sound as their feet detach, it's already too late. They are velcro. They are legion.

((moves forthcoming))
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
- - -

VrookLamar

Postby VrookLamar » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

MacGyver and his improvised spy army

Out of nothing more than a paperclip, a light bulb filament, and a used piece of chewing gum, MacGyver created 234 top secret spies to work for him. In fact, they are so secret that they are not once mentioned in the TV series, and nothing else is known about them. Meanwhile, MacGyver himself is well known for being able to improvise items on the spot, and sabotage other people's powers.

@thecamoninja
Spoiler:
Hi! I would like to propose a deal. If you infiltrate Vieto for a few rounds, I will sabotage his Q's armory when the time is ready to render him vulnerable to a combined attack. The reason why I want this is because Vieto's power is potentially incredibly strong and he has a lot of spies left.

@Tormod
Spoiler:
Hi! I would like to propose a deal. Let us agree not to attack each other for (at least) the first 4 rounds. This will give both of us better chances of winning. To show that I am honest, I will give you some inside information: I am planning to sabotage dudio's Boomerang this round.

Will submit moves when I have received responses.

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

@vrooklamar
Spoiler:
That deal is better for you than me, since I can't be attacked and will only take dmg if my chosen target is attacked. but if you tell me who you will attack with what so I don't accidentically get attacked by you, then I will not attack you

@all
sorry, busy weekend, I'll have moves submitted by tomorrow!

VrookLamar

Postby VrookLamar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:52 am UTC

@Tormod
Spoiler:
Ok, I will warn you beforehand every time I attack someone. I am planning to attack dudio this turn.

VrookLamar

Postby VrookLamar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:52 am UTC

@Tormod
Spoiler:
Ok, I will warn you beforehand every time I attack someone. I am planning to attack dudio this turn.

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

@mod
Spoiler:
What happens if someone tries to pass the blame while someone else buys government shutdown. Will the spies be burned or not?

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

The League of Ordinary men
At least thats the apparent illusion since theese men seem to blend in everywhere, to the point you can't know where to attack them, but don't be fooled, that will be your last mistake

Moves:
Spoiler:
Blend in target: Firesoul
Buy: the Simulacrum Super Zeroxer
Attack Firesoul With rest.

I want a response to my mod-question before I Lock, also I have one more:
@mod
Spoiler:
will pass the blame let you buy a used Power the same turn or on later turns?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

@Tormod
Spoiler:
Government Shutdown makes Pass the blame unusable, so the effects of Pass the blame never happen, including burned spies.

Pass the blame would let usage of Items in the same turn.

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:54 am UTC

Thanks then my moves can be considered locked

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am UTC

thecamoninja wrote:((moves forthcoming))

Deadline has been set to 24 hours.

VrookLamar

Postby VrookLamar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

In order not to delay the game even more, I will just post the moves I intended to do.
Spoiler:
Sabotage dudio's Boomerang.
Attack dudio for 112
Use Simulacrum Super Zeroxer to obtain Boomerang.
Defend for rest

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Gah! Forgot about this thread!

moves
Spoiler:
Infiltrate Vieto for 40
Infiltrate Vrook for 40
Infiltrate Snark for 20
Defend for the rest

Am I right in assuming that Infiltrate means I can attack these three at any round in the future for extra damage, or does it have to be the current round or the next round?
Also assuming that these targets are kept secret
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
- - -

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:45 am UTC

@thecamoninja
Spoiler:
It can be at any point in a future round.

@VrookLamar
Spoiler:
Sabotage can only be used on an item or public power, dudio's Boomerang is a Private Power.

VrookLamar

Postby VrookLamar » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

Moves (edited)
Spoiler:
Sabotage dudio's Smoke Bomb.
Attack dudio for 112
Use Simulacrum Super Zeroxer to obtain Boomerang.
Defend for rest

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 am UTC

Round 1

The Divas start the round by... singing and dancing, filling Nikki's spy agency with smoke all over the place, disco balls and stroboscopic lights everywhere, if some spy tried to enter to attack them, they'd be up for a big surprise.

The first ones to arrive were a small group of guys in black suits with ties and sunglasses, The Men In Black, the music they heard was so bad that they put their hands on their ears and punched each other in desperation.

Then, a much bigger army of spies arrived, they were made of paper clips joined with adhesive tape, and were ready to attack armed with explosive bubble gums. This seemed to be the work of MacGyver. Alas, despite not being annoyed by the music, they could barely see anything due to the smoke. Their bubble gums exploded before they could use them against the enemy, and others tripped and the tape could no longer keep them together.

But while the attack failed, the music stopped suddenly, as did the smoke and lights, with all the distraction, MacGyver himself had sabotaged their tricks, so they will not be able to pull something like this in quite a while.

As a retaliation, a pair of Divas were sent on missions against the others' spy bases. As a result, two ordinary men were found and killed, and agent 86 and 99 didn't live to see the next day.

That was the official story. In reality, they're still alive and kicking, but now on the Diva's side.

Finally, there was the Great Ride Of The Men In Black. Their secret headquarters were found, and most of the competing spies joined forces for once to exterminate them. A team led by James Bond, with more of a hundred agents, Jack Bristow and most of his friends, which also were more than a hundred, more of a hundred people from god knows where that were just blending in, and Nikki Minaj, all raided the base, and to their surprise, they found almost no resistance.

It was a carnage.

Black glasses flew everywhere, black suits became red from the blood, and only disturbing screams could be heard.

But only from one man. J.

As he was lying on the floor, dead, something was odd about him. "It's a mask!", said Jack, as they pulled it out to reveal...

The dead body of MacGyver.

They checked for the other bodies, all of them belonged to MacGyver's inventions disguised as Men In Black.

They checked the cameras to see what had happened, and apparently, MacGyver and his inventions were captured and used as decoys, but MacGyver didn't sell himself for cheap, more than a hundred Men In Black were actually killed trying to get him, but it looks like MacGyver is no more, and the most ingenious plans can fail.

VrookLamar has been eliminated

Legend says that MacGyver only faked his death and is now working for the Divas.

Actions
Spoiler:
Vieto:
Q-Armory = 36 agents
Zeroxer = 10 agents (Can duplicate a private power from VrookLamar)
The Usual suspects = 1 (outbid)
Attacked Firesoul for 167 (redirected to VrookLamar)
Attacked by dudio for 2
Ends with 212 spies

firesoul31
Spy Store Sale - Macgyver: burn 5, spend one (total 6)
The Usual Suspects (redirect to VrookLamar) for 144 (won bid)
Attack dudio 10 (redirected to self)
Ends with 20 spies

Snark
Buy Simulcrum for 10 - (Can duplicate a private power from VrookLamar)
Attack firesoul31 for 171 (redirected to VrookLamar)
Defend for 37
Ends with 218 Spies

dudiobugtron
Buy smoke bomb for 100 (all attacks against him were redirected to the attacker)
Rocked out with Tormod for 2 (attack)
Got down with thecamoninja for 2 (attack - blocked)
Shared some tunes with Vieto for 2 (attack)
Jammed with VrookLamar for 2 (attack)
Pumped up the volume for Snark by 2 (attack - blocked)
Busted a move with firesoul for 1 (attack) (redirected to VrookLamar)
Smoke Bomb Sabotaged (can't buy it on Rounds 2, 3 or 4)
Ends with 111 Spies
Plus 2 Spies (converted from Tormod)
Plus 2 Spies (converted from Vieto)
Plus 3 Spies (converted from VrookLamar)

Tormod
Blend in target: Firesoul (not attacked for more than their defense)
Simulacrum Super Zeroxer (Can duplicate a private power from VrookLamar)
Attack Firesoul for 144 (redirected to VrookLamar)
Attacked by dudio for 2
Ends with 152 Spies.

VrookLamar
Sabotaged dudio's Smoke Bomb.
Attacked dudio for 112 (redirected to self)
Use Simulacrum Super Zeroxer (dead players can't duplicate powers)
Defend for 123
Attacked for:
VrookLamar (112)
dudiobugtron (3)
Vieto (167)
Snark (171)
Tormod (144)
Total: 597
Spies remaining: -474

thecamoninja
Infiltrated for 80
Defended for 100
Ends with 180 Spies

Tormod

Re: Super Spy Rumble - The Usual Suspects

Postby Tormod » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 am UTC

Wow, that was a lot of action.

Now: we are several that are going to choose a Power to copy, but I also have the option to edit one of his Powers With the ink. In what order does this take Place? Will I get the edited Version or the non-edited one? Will the others know what Power I edit before making a choice what to copy?

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:15 am UTC

Also Vytron, Nice fluff! :)

dudiobugtron

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:23 am UTC

Wow, that was totally crazy. And still is! It must have been pretty hard to mod all of that.

----------------

One thing I spotted: firesoul was attacked for more than his defense - he attacked himself for 10. Should this damage have gone to Tormod instead?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:28 am UTC

Tormod wrote: In what order does this take Place?

Invisible Ink happens last.

Tormod wrote:Will I get the edited Version or the non-edited one?

You have to target a specific copy (given by Simulacrum Super Zeroxer, the copies and the original are distinct entities) so you can decide if you edit the original or a specific copy.

dudiobugtron wrote:One thing I spotted: firesoul was attacked for more than his defense - he attacked himself for 10. Should this damage have gone to Tormod instead?

It's for the same reason Firesoul ended attacking himself instead of also redirecting his own attack towards VrookLamar. That'd be a double redirect (the attack comes from him, bounces off you, bounced off him, hits VrookLamar.) Attack for Blend In is implemented as such a redirection (so it would be: the attack comes from Firesoul, bounces off you, bounces off Firesoul, hits Tormod.)

Since it's unclear whether the bounce should hit VrookLamar (because all attacks of Firesoul hit VrookLamar) or hit Tormod (because all attacks of Firesoul hit Tormod) the simpler implementation is to just avoid double redirect (otherwise, an attack could bounce back and forth between two players!)

Heck, I even think there's a possible implementation where Tormod absorbs all attacks directed at Firesoul, and Firesoul doesn't end bouncing anything because he wasn't attacked, and Tormod would die instead of VrookLamar!

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:37 pm UTC

Moves:
Spoiler:
Taking Vrook's Macgyver from last round's Simulcrum
Buy Smoke Bomb for 100
Attack dudiobugtron for 118

Return to “Forum Games”