Nomic 27

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

username5243

Nomic 27

Postby username5243 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:05 pm UTC

Time for another Nomic!

Starting rules:

1. At any time, a player can make a proposal to either add, change, or delete rules.
2. After someone makes a proposal, players vote on it. If at any time there are 3 votes supporting a proposal, it passes. If at any time there are 3 votes against a proposal, it fails and no changes are made.

That's all we'll start with. Let's go!
This is a signature, in case you didn't notice.

SirGabriel

Re: Nomic 27

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:28 pm UTC

3. All proposals must be given a unique, integer number as an identifier.

username5243

Postby username5243 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:31 pm UTC

I agree with SirGabriel's proposal.

4. I propose that when a player makes a proposal, they automatically vote in favor of it unless they say otherwise.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:33 pm UTC

I disagree with 4 because there is no need to make a rule stating what we already assume to be the case.

5. Any proposal which has not yet passed or failed 24 hours after it was last voted on passes if it has more votes for than votes against and fails otherwise. For the purposes of this rule, any votes by the proposer of a rule which occur before the first post by another player following the post in which the rule is proposed shall be counted as if they took place at the same time as the first post by another player following the post in which the rule is proposed.

(That clause at the end is to prevent people from being able to pass rules by themselves just because no one else is posting in the thread)

Strikingwolf

Postby Strikingwolf » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:51 pm UTC

I agree with SirGabriel's proposals

6. I propose we create a wiki to keep track of the game, specifically rules and proposals

audiodude

Postby audiodude » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:42 am UTC

I vote yes on 3.
I vote yes on 4 because it's better to make things explicit.
I vote no on 5 because it is too complicated with the clause about proposer this and that.

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:05 am UTC

Yes on 3,4, and 6
No on 5

3 and 4 pass.
5 is at 2 for/2 against
6 is at 2 for/0 against

7: Each poster in this thread has a class and associated level. At the beginning, all players are Level 0 Commoners.
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

username5243

Postby username5243 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:31 pm UTC

I vote against 5 (it fails with 2 for/3 against).
I vote in favor of 6 (it passes with 3 for/0 against).
I vote in favor of 7 (it is still in voting with 2 for/0 against.)

8. Every new player who plays this game get 5 coins for their first post. This rule will apply retroactively if it passes.

username5243

Postby username5243 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:32 pm UTC

Rules:
1. At any time, a player can make a proposal to either add, change, or delete rules.
2. After someone makes a proposal, players vote on it. If at any time there are 3 votes supporting a proposal, it passes. If at any time there are 3 votes against a proposal, it fails and no changes are made.
4. When a player makes a proposal, they automatically vote in favor of it unless they say otherwise.
6. A wiki is being used to keep track of the game, specifically rules and proposals.

Failed proposals:
5. Any proposal which has not yet passed or failed 24 hours after it was last voted on passes if it has more votes for than votes against and fails otherwise. For the purposes of this rule, any votes by the proposer of a rule which occur before the first post by another player following the post in which the rule is proposed shall be counted as if they took place at the same time as the first post by another player following the post in which the rule is proposed.

Active proposals:
7. Each poster in this thread has a class and an associated level. At the beginning, all players are Level 0 Commoners. (2 for / 0 against).
8. Every new player who plays this game gets 5 coins for their first post. This rule will apply retroactively if it passes. (1 for / 0 against)

DisgracefulDude

Postby DisgracefulDude » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:36 pm UTC

I vote for 7 to (3 for / 0 against) (passes)
I vote for 8 to (2 for / 0 against)

I make a proposal:
9. A player may increase his level by 1. After doing this according to this rule, he may no longer do this until Sunday GMT+0.

Gamestate:
username5243: Level 0 Commoner
SirGabriel: Level 0 Commoner
Strikingwolf: Level 0 Commoner
audiodude: Level 0 Commoner
firesoul31: Level 0 Commoner

Rules:
4. When a player makes a proposal, they automatically vote in favor of it unless they say otherwise.
6. A wiki is being used to keep track of the game, specifically rules and proposals.
7. Each poster in this thread has a class and an associated level. At the beginning, all players are Level 0 Commoners.

Failed proposals:

Active proposals:
8. Every new player who plays this game gets 5 coins for their first post. This rule will apply retroactively if it passes. (2 for / 0 against)
9. A player may increase his level by 1. After doing this according to this rule, he may no longer do this until Sunday GMT+0. (1 for / 0 against)

username5243

Postby username5243 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:33 pm UTC

Welcome!

I assume you can only upgrade it once every Sunday this way?

If that's not what you wanted, you should say so, or else a player could post many times and get up to level 50 or something. , but I'll vote in favor of 9 (2 for / 0 against).

DisgracefulDude

Postby DisgracefulDude » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:56 pm UTC

Hello,

I actually meant that you could upgrade once per week, and at Sunday the ability refreshes... Maybe this wording is clearer:

10. A player may increase his level by 1. After doing this according to this rule, he may no longer do this until after the beginning of the next Sunday GMT+0.

So I change my approval of 9 to a vote against it, to (1 for / 1 against).

username5243

Postby username5243 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:48 pm UTC

Okay, change to vote against 9 (now 0/2), and vote for 10 (2/0).

11. Every time you post, you get 1 coin. This is increased by 1 coin for every 2 levels.

That is, if you are level 0 or 1, you get 1 coin. If you're level 2 or 3, you get 2 coins. If you're level 4 or 5, you get 3 coins, etcetera. Figured I would make upgrading useful.

DisgracefulDude

Postby DisgracefulDude » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:15 pm UTC

But this way you could just post 50 messages...

I vote against 11 (now 1/1).

Maybe you could amend to apply this to only the first post in a day, or in a week?

12. A week starts at the instant in which Sunday GMT+0 begins and ends at the instant in which Saturday GMT+0 ends. It may bever be two different weeks in the same moment.

username5243

Postby username5243 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:11 am UTC

Okay, I'll hold off on voting or making new proposals until we get rid of existing ones.

Return to “Forum Games”