Game ideas

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

liberonscien
-ce

Game ideas

Postby liberonscien » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:53 pm UTC

Post game ideas here, maybe get help fleshing them out or something.

Idea:

Code: Select all

This game was inspired in part by my other game and by a game on another forum.
Rules:
1. A list of all of the members of a given faction and said members' point amounts must be included in any post by any member of said faction.
1a. Each faction member must show in their post which faction's list they are posting.
1a1. This may be done by posting in their faction's color or by posting their faction's name in the subject line of their post.
2. Each player may perform one, and only one of the following actions during their turn:
Increase the score of any player by one.
Decrease the score of any player by one.
3. Any player with a score of zero may be removed from the list.
4. All players must belong to a faction.
The available factions are:
Indigo
Blue
Green
Purple
Orange
5. The player with the highest score in a given faction is to be designated the leader of said faction.
5a. In the result of a tie, the player who had the highest score is to remain the leader.
6. Factions may create rules that overrule rule 5 and its sub clauses.
7. Each player must join a faction by adding their name to their chosen faction's list.
7a. Players may only be in one faction at any time.
7b. If a player joins a faction then said player is no longer a member of any other factions, if applicable.
8. The leader of a given faction may create new rules for their faction at any time. Factions may create rules that overrule this one.
9. Factions may create inter factional organizations.
9a. This must be done within a faction.
10. Each factions' rules apply only to said faction.
11. Each faction must choose an ideology from the ideologies page on Wikipedia.
11a. The first player to join a faction may do so.
12. No actions regarding points can be done in double posts.

emlightened

Re: Game ideas

Postby emlightened » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

Double Post: Post Finder Edition

Rules: Post links to a double post in a thread without 'double post' in the title. You gain one point per minute between the double posts.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

I had an idea for a gladiator game but thought it might be too complex. The involved players would take the role of a gladiator, fight each other and level up or die and try again. Players who would not want to invest too much time but still wanted some quick play would place bets on the involved players.
Problem: I think the game would be too complex for the involved players (with weapons, weaknesses, fighting styles and whatnot) and not interesting enough for the observers (just placing bets doesn't sound too much fun). And it might be too much work to mod.

liberonscien
-ce

Postby liberonscien » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:28 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:I had an idea for a gladiator game but thought it might be too complex. The involved players would take the role of a gladiator, fight each other and level up or die and try again. Players who would not want to invest too much time but still wanted some quick play would place bets on the involved players.
Problem: I think the game would be too complex for the involved players (with weapons, weaknesses, fighting styles and whatnot) and not interesting enough for the observers (just placing bets doesn't sound too much fun). And it might be too much work to mod.

If this is complicated then the computations could become rather tedious.
However, if a table is created that covers some of the calculations then it could become easier.

liberonscien
-ce

Postby liberonscien » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 pm UTC

emlightened wrote:Double Post: Post Finder Edition

Rules: Post links to a double post in a thread without 'double post' in the title. You gain one point per minute between the double posts.

That sounds interesting though I think it might be difficult to create a bot to track the points.

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:32 pm UTC

we need a simple game that's fun to play.
something like ask a stupid question get a stupid answer, or truth! answer the question honestly.
good luck have fun

liberonscien
-ce

Postby liberonscien » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 pm UTC

phillip1882 wrote:we need a simple game that's fun to play.
something like ask a stupid question get a stupid answer, or truth! answer the question honestly.

Those are simple and I'm sure lots of people might enjoy them but I prefer games that are more complicated.

liberonscien
-ce

Postby liberonscien » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:39 pm UTC

I liked the game idea where there are two shared accounts that are trying to infiltrate each other. Would anyone be interested?
I've gotten permission to create a shared account. The only condition I was given was that it had to stay in forum games.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 pm UTC

liberonscien wrote:I liked the game idea where there are two shared accounts that are trying to infiltrate each other. Would anyone be interested?
I've gotten permission to create a shared account. The only condition I was given was that it had to stay in forum games.

Sounds interesting but I feel like I won't be much good at it.
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

liberonscien
-ce

Postby liberonscien » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:28 am UTC

New idea:
There is a place with a cult that worships law and has a self modifying structure. Over time this church has been infiltrated by members of other religions who seek to help the heretics get back to the good side, or bad side via the cult's own rules.
Each player is a representative of a religion. Their goals: to reinvent the church in their own religions' image.
Each player must choose a religion to represent.
Players vote on changes to the religion.

Basically a religious nomic. The goal is to change the rules to resemble your chosen church.
There is a minor catch: The chosen religion must come from a work of fiction.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 pm UTC

So I've simplified my gladiator game a bit, let's see how it goes. You can find the game here.

The Snide Sniper

Postby The Snide Sniper » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:25 pm UTC

I was thinking about making an exquisite corpse here. Who would be interested in contributing?
Also known as "RamenChef" on various other fora.
Me on: Drawception | Explain xkcd | NationStates | The Sluggite Zone | Stack Overflow

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:51 pm UTC

Sounds fun.
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

The Snide Sniper

Postby The Snide Sniper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:04 pm UTC

I want to make a "Thread Necromancy: Exponential Edition", but I have 2 things I want to consider: 1) would it be any fun? and 2) what base should I use?
Also known as "RamenChef" on various other fora.
Me on: Drawception | Explain xkcd | NationStates | The Sluggite Zone | Stack Overflow

Return to “Forum Games”