Magic Inc. (WIP)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

maident

Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 am UTC

Okay so quick dislaimer: I cobbled together this game based off a single mechanic and an idea. With that said, have some fluff:

In some bizarre event, the world plunged into darkness. All technology failed. Somehow, someway, you find out you have magic at your fingertips. You're not alone.

Rules:
1. Please keep track, somewhere in your post, of game stat(s). Thanks!
2. PVP is allowed, but only against a willing opponent. (Or an NPC from me.)
3. Changes will probably occur; I just ask your patience and understanding with this.

Objective(s):
  • Discover new magic spells.
  • Rank up in Magic Inc.
  • World peace?
Last edited by maident on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 am UTC, edited 7 times in total.

maident

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 am UTC

Mechanics
The core mechanic is that all1 magic is unstable and sometimes produces unusual results. There exist certain tiers of magic, into which spells have been sorted. Higher tiers are more dangerous, and not just for having lower success rates.

Tier 0
Frivolous at best.
Conjure Flour - for when you need extra flour. (Emlightened)
Create Confetti - what it says on the tin. At least it's colorful.
Glow - now you too can glow in the dark! (Emlightened)
Magical Signature - sign with just a wave of your hand! (ODF)
Mind Trick - these are not the droids you are looking for. (Lawrencelot)
Improved Accuracy - improves your aim. (Phillip)
Internal Music - gets a song stuck in somebody's head. Why would you do that? (Lawrencelot)
Lure - tacky and bizarre arrangement of feathers, bells, and a strong aroma. Works to lure away magical pests and little else. (Lawrencelot)

Tier 1
Regarded as the 'basics' of magic.
Conjure Furniture - from sofas to bookshelves, now you can furnish a place. (Karhell)
Hear Magic - you can hear magic. (ODF)
Improved Senses - your senses are dramatically improved. (Lawrencelot)
Magic Sight - allows you to see magic. (ODF)
Make Spark - all you need for light and warmth, minus the danger of a regular fire. (Emlightened)
Minor Telekinesis - for something you could carry in one hand.
Scouting Eye - a magical eye that you can scout through. (Phillip)
Summon ammunition - from arrows to bolts, you can magically summon the ammunition you desire. (Phillip)
Transcribe - allows multiple items to share transcriptions, even when far apart. Great for sharing information.(ODF)
Quicken - increases your movement speed and actions in general. (Phillip)

Tier 2
If the previous tier was bread and butter, then this one is meat and potatoes.
Freeze - cold energy that slows and possibly freezes a target. (ODF)
Gravitational Pull - affect gravity, bending it to your will. (Somitomi)
Hover - at least it's faster than walking.
Reflective Shield - reflects magic (ODF)
Shrink - decreases the size of something by a significant amount. (ODF)
Summon Brambles - a thick growth of not-so-natural plantlife. (Karhell)
Summon Weapon - magically create a simple weapon. (Phillip)
Transform - turns an object into another similar-sized object. (Emlightened)

Tier 3
The 'you've made it' tier.
Conjure Real Estate - conjure a new dwelling, with furniture included. (Pied Typer)
Directed Growth - a specific requirement of growth. (Karhell)
Enchant - store a spell in an object (the next spell that is cast on it), and the object continuously/spontaneously but repeatedly casts a weak version of the spell. (Emlightened)
Shapeshift - what it says on the tin. You can change your appearance to something or someone else. (Emlightened)
Summon Companion - everyone can use a faithful companion, right?

Tier 4
Challenging, complicated, and compelling.
Fly - now you too can be a superhero!
Sanctum - creates a zone of calm and serenity, where attacks are impossible. (Somitomi)

Tier 5
Sometimes called the Archmage tier.
Teleportation - point A to point B in a blink.

1 Some magic seems exempt from this.
Last edited by maident on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:49 am UTC, edited 26 times in total.

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 am UTC

Customization
As you rank up in Magic Inc., you'll be able to specialize and customize certain aspects of your magic, including what happens during spell failure. You start with 2 Customization Points (CP), and can spend them or hoard them as you desire. Ranking up earns 3CP each time, with the final Rank giving 5CP, meant to represent both your mastery and individuality.

Primary boons
These give a bonus to your magic in some way.
Quick [1 CP]: Spell casting is faster, allowing you multiple spells a post. Can be selected up to twice.
Powerful [2 CP]: Spell effects have more force to them. Can be selected up to twice.
Adept [3 CP], req Quick(2): Your success rate goes up. Can be selected up to twice.
Counter [5 CP], req Power(2): When magic is being sent at you, you can Counter with a different spell.
Homing [10 CP]: Cast a spell, watch it connect.

Secondary additions
Sometimes, it's better to throw more magic at a problem. Sometimes.
Dazzling [1 CP]: Your spells sparkle so much that they might stun someone.
Escape clause [2 CP]: Effects can be cancelled at will.
Specialize [3 CP]: One spell you discovered will never fail for you.
Fiery [5 CP]: When in doubt, add fire.
Aspect [10 CP]: Gain a certain panache and aspect to all spells.

Failure aspects
Unfortunately, magic is going to fail. A lot. Good news is that with these, you can control what those failures look like.
Minimize [1 CP]: Minimizes effect of failure. Can be selected up to twice.
Money Making [2 CP]: You get a somewhat random amount of money. Can be selected up to twice.
Faithful [3 CP]: Your summoned creatures are loyal to you. (Helpful with pest problems.)
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.
Optimistic [10 CP]: Failures can be successes, if you're optimistic enough. And if you have some help with it. This will, where possible, give half a success and half a failure. And you know what they say about half a glass of water.
Last edited by maident on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:34 pm UTC, edited 16 times in total.

maident

Magic Inc.
The facility is a little run down. Magicmade debris is near-constantly strewn about the place, and somebody always seems to be in dire straights, somewhere. Thus, there is a policy put in place for assistance rendered, giving rewards for various tasks. Of course, there is also a store where they'll happily take your hard-earned money right back.

You start with 30m.

Tasks
Debris: 10m.
Pest: 10m.
Mess: 15m.
Distress: 20m.

Rank
Discover spells, improve Magic Inc., and combine spells, etc. to earn Ranks! Total Ranks: 5.
emlightened: 3
karhell: 2
Lawrencelot: 3
orangedragonfire: 3
phillip1882: 2
somitomi: 2

Store
Item [Cost]: Description
Writing materials [5m]: Paper, book, pens, pencils, etc.
Lucky Dice [30m]: A trinket to improve your luck.
Gnarled staff [50m]: Made from a magic tree or so the rumor goes; improves success rate.
Spellbook [70m]: Generated list of spells; useful for additional discovery.
Mote [150m]: A floating mote of light that follows you around; helps with exploration.
Last edited by maident on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:57 am UTC, edited 24 times in total.

maident

Okay you can post now

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Yay a new maident game
Il take quick twice
Do we stary with any coins?

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:47 am UTC

*enthusiastically hops in*
I'll take Powerful, and have a look around for someone to help.

stats:
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 0
Coins : NaN

Customisation :
Powerful [1/2]

Oh, yeah, and : Create Confetti and throw it Maident-wise for starting a new game :D
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 am UTC

Neat, I'm in. I'll take quick once and save the other CP for later. Start looking around for people in dire straights. Anyone know Mark Knopfler's number?

Resources :
Customisation Points : 1
Coins : NULL
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]

Off-topic, but does this mean we might pick up on Maident Enterprises in the foreseeable future?
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm UTC

Hmm, I'll save my CP for now, let's see what else becomes available.
Do we start with any spells? Or some way to acquire spells? Or do we need to figure that out on our own?
Related, do we start at tier 0, or do we have to work our way up there?
Do we automagically know all the spells of the tier we are at?

Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Customisation :
NONE

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

sounds fun i'm in.
Spoiler:
stats:
spells: loot hoarder: has a bag that can hold 20 items of any size, and 20 pounds worth of coins. 1 coin = .01 pound.
eyeball: a floating invisible eye that i can see out of, can be moved up to 10 miles. failure: blindness for 15 seconds.

cp remaining: 2
items: long bow and quiver with 50 arrows. armor made of tough light wood. two poisons. one for unconscious but alive, another for quick kill.
name: unknown, doesn't talk very much.

i intend to thief/assassin this up.
good luck have fun

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm UTC

I hope maident doesn't feel too mobbed by us all joining. You've clearly made a good choice!

*Spends CP on Quick and Dazzling*

Resources:
Customisation Points: 0
Coins: ??c
Items: Probably none.
Customisation:
Primary: Quick[1/2].
Secondary: Dazzling.

Do we start with any items etc. from the get-go, or do we have to throw a party with our confetti (or do something else) to earn coins before buying something?

Create Confetti then throw confetti at karhell (it's not magic!).

Woo! Confetti fight!

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:15 pm UTC

Hi everyone! :mrgreen:

Okay so real quick, I changed the currency from ?c to ?m, mostly to avoid conflict with the CP stat. I've also added to the choices in Customization. Now as to questions:

Lawrencelot wrote:Do we stary with any coins?

Yup, you start with 30m. I'll add it to the post, thanks.

karhell wrote:*enthusiastically hops in*
I'll take Powerful, and have a look around for someone to help.

stats:
Spoiler:
Resources :
Coins : NaN

Customisation :
Powerful [1/2]

Oh, yeah, and : Create Confetti and throw it Maident-wise for starting a new game :D

Looking for someone to help, you find a kid being chased by some magical pest!

Magical pest
Defeat: Gain 10m

Karhell casts Create Confetti! Success, you toss magical confetti! (Thank you!)

somitomi wrote:Neat, I'm in. I'll take quick once and save the other CP for later. Start looking around for people in dire straights. Anyone know Mark Knopfler's number?

Resources :
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]

Off-topic, but does this mean we might pick up on Maident Enterprises in the foreseeable future?

Looking for someone to help, you find someone stuck behind magicmade debris.

Magicmade debris
Clear: Gain 10m

Maident Enterprises is currently on my backburner; I'm trying to figure out a few things. In other words, I can't really give a yes or no, sorry.

orangedragonfire wrote:Do we start with any spells? Or some way to acquire spells? Or do we need to figure that out on our own?
Related, do we start at tier 0, or do we have to work our way up there?
Do we automagically know all the spells of the tier we are at?

Yeah, you start with the knowledge of such spells as Create Confetti. As for your ability to cast spells, you can technically attempt any magic you wish, but unfortunately your chance of success goes vanishingly small for higher-tiered spells.
Acquiring spells can be done through the tried-and-true method of experimentation. Or you can buy a Spellbook :P
You don't actually 'have' a tier. Even the most experienced of spellweavers can (theoretically) fail at Tier 0 spells (except Create Confetti, which seems impossible to ruin).
Thus, you unfortunately do not automagically know all the spells of the tier you are at, sorry!

phillip1882 wrote:sounds fun i'm in.
Spoiler:
stats:
spells: loot hoarder: has a bag that can hold 20 items of any size, and 20 pounds worth of coins. 1 coin = .01 pound.
eyeball: a floating invisible eye that i can see out of, can be moved up to 10 miles. failure: blindness for 15 seconds.

items: long bow and quiver with 50 arrows. armor made of tough light wood. two poisons. one for unconscious but alive, another for quick kill.

i intend to thief/assassin this up.

:shock: Hi to you too.
Okay, so your spells aren't added until you try them, but I like!
Item-wise, you start with the clothes on your back and little else, I'm afraid.

emlightened wrote:I hope maident doesn't feel too mobbed by us all joining. You've clearly made a good choice!

*Spends CP on Quick and Dazzling*

Resources:
Coins: ??c
Items: Probably none.
Customisation:

Do we start with any items etc. from the get-go, or do we have to throw a party with our confetti (or do something else) to earn coins before buying something?

Create Confetti then throw confetti at karhell (it's not magic!).

Woo! Confetti fight!

More like ecstatic! :mrgreen:

You don't stat with items, but you do start with some monies (courtesy of Lawrencelot for reminding me, but thanks to you too!).
Emlightened casts Create Confetti! Success, you toss magical confetti!
And promptly tosses at Karhell, but nothing special occurs except for an agitated noise from a magical pest.
Last edited by maident on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:33 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm UTC

Spoiler:
stats:

i cast eyeball and scout the area around me.
good luck have fun

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 pm UTC

I'm going to be daring and whatnot. I try to move the debris with Minor Telekinesis.

Resources :
Money : 30m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]

maident wrote:Maident Enterprises is currently on my backburner; I'm trying to figure out a few things. In other words, I can't really give a yes or no, sorry.

It's alright.
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 pm UTC

phillip1882 wrote:
Spoiler:
stats:

i cast eyeball and scout the area around me.

Sorry, but you don't really 'own' spells. You did, however, inspire me to add a Specialize option :D
Phillip attempts a brand new spell.
It fizzles, and creates an absurdly large marble instead. Well, maybe you can sell it?

somitomi wrote:I'm going to be daring and whatnot. I try to move the debris with Minor Telekinesis.

Resources :
Money : 30m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]

maident wrote:Maident Enterprises is currently on my backburner; I'm trying to figure out a few things. In other words, I can't really give a yes or no, sorry.

It's alright.
Thanks for understanding :)

Somitomi casts Minor Telekinesis. Success! The debris is cleared. +10m!

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm UTC

If anyone wants to pool money to buy a shared spellbook, I'm more than happy to offer my 30m.

What's nearby? Any houses or sheds, and is anything deserted?

I gather a small pile of confetti, put a larger pile of confetti next to it, and attempt to cast Make Spark on the smaller pile.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

aright ill try something a little different since i didn't really understand the game.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize

gold: 70m

name: meh Phillip is fine, doesn't talk very much.

try to summon an invisible floating eye again.
good luck have fun

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:02 pm UTC

Wooooo! It worked! I now scout for people in distress with a little more confidence (that ought to ruin something). Oh, and I select Minimize.

Resources :
Money : 40m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

Emlightened:
Yup, houses, sheds, and the ruins of civilization - mostly uninhabitable and abandoned.
Emlightened attempts a brand new spell.
You see a spark leap form on your fingertips, but it kind of sticks there instead of going to the pile of confetti. Progress made.

Phillip:
A couple corrections:
You spend 1 CP on Minimize, leaving you with 1CP.
Your money is actually 30, not 70.
Item-wise, you start with none. If you want to make some magically, you're free to try a spell for that.

Phillip attempts a brand new spell.
Success! Scouting Eye discovered.
You scout the surrounding area, finding lots of barren land as well as the ruins of civilization.

Somitomi:
You find someone trying very hard to hold onto the window sill. They look like they'll just float away, up and up, like a balloon if they let go!

Magical distress
Assist: Gain 20m

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 pm UTC

Damn, the confetti is useless in this situation. I attempt a spell to restore the laws of gravitation on the poor fellow.

Resources :
Money : 40m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:17 pm UTC

Somitomi attempts a brand new spell.
You might have overdone it. The poor fellow crashes down to the ground speedily. Luckily, they seem okay, albeit a little battered. +20m!

Gravitational Pull discovered!

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 pm UTC

I try to ignite the confetti with Make Spark again.

Soon, I notice the situation somitomi is in, and promptly ignore it as I see someone else in need of help maybe! somitomi the ninja helps them. Then, I think I spot someone in need of help and go to see what I can do.

Resources:
Coins: 30m (Willing to pool for a Spellbook.)
Items: None, other than a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, neither of which I am willing to stop wearing.
Customisation:

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 pm UTC

Emlightened attempts a new spell.
Success! The confetti lights on fire, nice and colorful until it turns into ash.
Make Spark discovered!

You look for someone to help, and find a Magical Pest.
It's making a ruckus and a mess; you figure that you could clean up too for some extra money.

Messy magic
Clean: 15m.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 am UTC

I will search the shop for an empty book and something to write with.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 am UTC

Quick question: Are players allowed to have consecutive turns if one of your posts is between them? Anyway...

Aah, shoot. Knew I should have grabbed a shovel when I went to that shed. I attempt Minor Telekinesis.

Can we attempt to "combine" two spells already made to make a third (e.g. Create Confetti and Make Spark to make Make Fire), and if so are there any benefits over the direct route?

maident

Postby maident » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 am UTC

ODF:
That'll be 5m :lol:
Added to Store, thanks.

Emlightened:
Yup, players can have consecutive turns as you described (except in the case of combat).
You fail to cast Minor Telekinesis, but Dazzle the magical pest. And accidentally poof in a Magcial Pest of your own.
The pest attacks! It misses you entirely, but seems rather aggressive (whereas the original Pest is more of a nuisance).
Combining spells... very interesting; I like it. I think I'm going to reward any successful combination with Rank progress; it shows your mastery over magic, after all :)

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 am UTC

I start writing down the spells that I have seen the others cast, making notes both how they were cast and what the effects were.

maident

Postby maident » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 am UTC

Your monies go down to 25.
(Speaking of which, I'd really appreciate it if you kept track of this kind of thing in your posts <3)

So far, you've seen the following effects of failure:
Fizzle, spell creates something else instead.
Magic pest poofs in.

And success:
Half success.
Straight success.
Over-the-top success.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:15 am UTC

Frowning, I decide that if I am to understand magic, just seeing its effects isn't good enough.

I attempt to cast a spell on my eyes that will allow me to see magic.

Then I realise that using magic on my eyes is a horribly stupid idea given that magic can fail spectacularly, but by then it's too late.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Coins : 25m
Book containing some info about magic. Writing materials.
Customisation :
NONE

The Snide Sniper

Postby The Snide Sniper » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:22 am UTC

This should be an RPG. It seems a bit complicated for a forum game.
Also known as "RamenChef" on various other fora.
Me on: Drawception | Explain xkcd | NationStates | The Sluggite Zone | Stack Overflow

maident

Postby maident » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 am UTC

ODF attempts a new spell.
It fails, instead causing a spray of rainbow colors. You are now dazed and confused.
At least that's something you can add to your book, right?

Snide Sniper:
Thanks, I think.

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:11 am UTC

Spoiler:
effects:
minimize

cp: 2 (according to the op, minimize only costs 1 cp.)

items: none

name: phillip

hmm. i doubt theres an item shop near by. alright, attempt to summon a long bow.
good luck have fun

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 am UTC

maident wrote:Looking for someone to help, you find a kid being chased by some magical pest!

Magical pest

I summon a patch of brambles to delay the pest while the kid gets away (just how big are these pests anyway ?).

stats:
Spoiler:
Resources :
Monies : 30m (also willing to pool for spellbook)

Customisation :
Powerful [1/2]

emlightened wrote:If anyone wants to pool money to buy a shared spellbook, I'm more than happy to offer my 30m.
Add mine, that would benefit pretty much everyone.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 am UTC

Does Quick have any effect outside combat?

I try to cast a new Haggling spell with one of the shopkeepers to buy the Lucky Dice with a discount.

If Quick lets me cast more spells each post: I try a new Lure spell to lure the Magical Pest to a desolated area, and I try a new Improved Hearing spell to specifically hear shop noises so that I can locate other shops.

Stats:
Spoiler:
CP: 0
Coins: 30
Customization: Quick x2

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 am UTC

Neat. I cast a Scouting Eye to have a look at the wider area.
karhell wrote:
emlightened wrote:If anyone wants to pool money to buy a shared spellbook, I'm more than happy to offer my 30m.
Add mine, that would benefit pretty much everyone.

I'm in, we can share the cost sort of evenly (as much as 70/3 allows such a thing).

Resources :
Money : 60m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:12 pm UTC

Dazed and confused I stumble around.

maident

Postby maident » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:56 pm UTC

phillip1882 wrote:
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize

items: none

hmm. i doubt theres an item shop near by. alright, attempt to summon a long bow.
Yes, but you spend the CP to obtain minimize; you started out with 2CP and therefore you should now have 1CP left.

Phillip attempts a brand new spell. Success!
Summon Weapon was discovered!
Your desired longbow is nothing fancy, but it'll work just fine.
karhell wrote:
maident wrote:Looking for someone to help, you find a kid being chased by some magical pest!

Magical pest

I summon a patch of brambles to delay the pest while the kid gets away (just how big are these pests anyway ?).

stats:
Spoiler:
Resources :
Monies : 30m (also willing to pool for spellbook)

Customisation :
Powerful [1/2]

The pests are about the size of a big cat (lion, tiger, etc.).
Karhell attempts a brand new spell. Success!
Summon Brambles was discovered!
The kid successfully gets away. +10m!

Karhell ranks up to 2!
Lawrencelot wrote:Does Quick have any effect outside combat?

I try to cast a new Haggling spell with one of the shopkeepers to buy the Lucky Dice with a discount.

If Quick lets me cast more spells each post: I try a new Lure spell to lure the Magical Pest to a desolated area, and I try a new Improved Hearing spell to specifically hear shop noises so that I can locate other shops.

Stats:
Spoiler:
Coins: 30

Yeah, Quick is meant for combat primarily, but I think that your suggestion is a good one :D

Lawrencelot attempts a brand new spell. Failure!
The spell fizzles and gives you the equivalent of toy money (think Monopoly).

Lawrencelot attempts a brand new spell. Partial success!
The spell lets you hear more, but not so specifically.
Improved Senses was discovered!
(If you explore outside, it'll be easier to pinpoint what you desire.)
somitomi wrote:Neat. I cast a Scouting Eye to have a look at the wider area.

Resources :
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]

Somitomi casts Scouting Eye! Success!
You see a lot of darkness, places eerie and empty. Most of it is in shambles, skeletons long-looted by scavengers. Yet, amidst all the barren features, you spy an unmistakable sight. Fire and smoke - probably a campfire, at a guess.

Somitomi ranks up to 2!
orangedragonfire wrote:Dazed and confused I stumble around.
You recover from both.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:20 pm UTC

I use some of my CP to become more powerful, cast Make Spark to light up my surroundings and go to investigate the fire from a little closer.

Resources :
CP : 1
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]
Powerful [1/2
Spoiler:
Levelling up in this game somehow made me more excited than passing a university exam I failed three times beforehand. I might be broken...
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:14 pm UTC

Alright, I'll buy the Lucky Dice anyway.

I go outside and use Improved Senses again, to smell trouble.
And let's try this again: try a new Lure spell to lure the Magical Pest to a desolated area.

Stats:
Spoiler:
Money: 0m
Items: Lucky Dice

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

ah i was under the impression we started off with 3 cp.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize
spells: scouting eye
summon long bow

items: long bow

attempt to summon 50 arrows, and if successful, fire 15 of them at a nearby patch of hay.
good luck have fun

Return to “Forum Games”