Magic Inc. (WIP)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
karhell wrote:
emlightened wrote:If anyone wants to pool money to buy a shared spellbook, I'm more than happy to offer my 30m.
Add mine, that would benefit pretty much everyone.

I'm in, we can share the cost sort of evenly (as much as 70/3 allows such a thing).

I'm willing to use 20m of my money (don't really have much more) for shared magic books (we could eventually have a library), and allow others access to my current book where I keep noting down all the spells people have used, how they were cast and what the result were.

--

I'll try to find some kid that saw what the others were doing while I was dazed and confused, so that they can tell me and I can write it down in my book. I'm willing to pay up to 5m for that information.

Also I'd like to try casting a spell on my writing equipment that makes it take these notes automatically.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Coins : 25m
Book containing some info about magic. Writing materials.
Customisation :
NONE

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:41 am UTC

somitomi wrote:I use some of my CP to become more powerful, cast Make Spark to light up my surroundings and go to investigate the fire from a little closer.

Resources :
CP : 1
Money : 60m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]
Powerful [1/2
Spoiler:
Levelling up in this game somehow made me more excited than passing a university exam I failed three times beforehand. I might be broken...

Somitomi casts Make Spark. Success!
A nice and bright Spark helps you make your way through treacherous terrain.
You investigate the fire, seeing traces of someone or something having scuffled around the area. There's a rucksack still nearby, apparently left behind. How odd.
Spoiler:
Aw thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, although I hope you don't really feel broken.


Lawrencelot wrote:Alright, I'll buy the Lucky Dice anyway.

I go outside and use Improved Senses again, to smell trouble.
And let's try this again: try a new Lure spell to lure the Magical Pest to a desolated area.

Stats:
Spoiler:
Rank: 1
CP: 0
Money: 0m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2

Lawerncelot casts Improved Senses. Success!
You can smell lots of trouble, the nearest of which is towards the campfire Somitomi has found. The next nearest areas are a few seemingly random abandoned abodes, each having one or two sources of distress.

Lawrencelot attempts a brand new spell. Success!
The magical pest wanders away. +10m!
Lure discovered!

Lawrencelot ranks up to 2!

phillip1882 wrote:ah i was under the impression we started off with 3 cp.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize
spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
cp: 2 (according to the op, minimize only costs 1 cp.)

items: long bow

name: phillip

attempt to summon 50 arrows, and if successful, fire 15 of them at a nearby patch of hay.

Sorry for the confusion then; please correct your CP if you could.
Phillip attempts a brand new spell. Partial success.
You summon a single arrow, which promptly vanishes into thin air.

orangedragonfire wrote:I'll try to find some kid that saw what the others were doing while I was dazed and confused, so that they can tell me and I can write it down in my book. I'm willing to pay up to 5m for that information.

Also I'd like to try casting a spell on my writing equipment that makes it take these notes automatically.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Coins : 25m
Book containing some info about magic. Writing materials.
Customisation :
NONE

You find a kid who seems willing to answer your questions. Thinking about what they said, you theorize that you might have shuffled a different trajectory than you intended as well as been in a worse state for any spellwork.

ODF attempts a new spell! Failure!
The spell fizzles and instead gives you a rather large dictionary. That's... something.

User avatar
karhell
Posts: 687
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:56 pm UTC
Location: Breizh

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby karhell » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am UTC

maident wrote:The pests are about the size of a big cat (lion, tiger, etc.).
:shock: Good thing I didn't go with my first instinct and just toss a brick at it.

maident wrote:Karhell attempts a brand new spell. Success!
Summon Brambles was discovered!
The kid successfully gets away. +10m!

Karhell ranks up to 2!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *magically augmented happy dance*

I'll use 1CP on Quick, and save the rest for later.

stats:
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Monies : 40m (also willing to pool for spellbook)

Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]

Common Spellbook buying :
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire wrote:
somitomi wrote:
karhell wrote:
emlightened wrote:If anyone wants to pool money to buy a shared spellbook, I'm more than happy to offer my 30m.
Add mine, that would benefit pretty much everyone.

I'm in, we can share the cost sort of evenly (as much as 70/3 allows such a thing).

I'm willing to use 20m of my money (don't really have much more) for shared magic books (we could eventually have a library), and allow others access to my current book where I keep noting down all the spells people have used, how they were cast and what the result were.
That's 4 of us pooling resources, which brings the spellbook to 17.5 monies each, making it pretty affordable. Should we go for it now, or see if anyone else wants to join in ?


I'll hang around the Magic Inc. facility for a bit, to see if I can help get the place back in shape. I also conjure a bookshelf in a corner, it might come in handy at some point ;)

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby somitomi » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:29 am UTC

I don't really like the looks of all this, so I try to summon some melee weapon and take a closer look at the rucksack.

Resources :
CP : 1
Money : 60m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Minimize [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]
Spoiler:
maident wrote:Aw thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, although I hope you don't really feel broken.

No, I'm just slightly baffled by the workings of my own brain.

Spellbook pool
Spoiler:
karhell wrote:That's 4 of us pooling resources, which brings the spellbook to 17.5 monies each, making it pretty affordable. Should we go for it now, or see if anyone else wants to join in ?

I think we can go ahead, more than half of the players are in the pool now.
Avatar from Freddino
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
karhell
Posts: 687
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:56 pm UTC
Location: Breizh

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby karhell » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 am UTC

somitomi wrote:Spellbook pool
I think we can go ahead, more than half of the players are in the pool now.

I agree. Now all that remains to be seen is if half a money is an acceptable amount (in which case we all pay 17.5m), or if we need to split evenly (in which case I propose that Somitomi and myself pay 18m, while Emlightened and Orangedragonfire pay 17m, based on our current finances).

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

I'll try to cast a spell to absorb the knowledge in the dictionary.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Coins : 25m
Book containing some info about magic. Writing materials.
Dictionary
Customisation :
NONE

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby emlightened » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm UTC

karhell wrote:
somitomi wrote:Spellbook pool
I think we can go ahead, more than half of the players are in the pool now.

I agree. Now all that remains to be seen is if half a money is an acceptable amount (in which case we all pay 17.5m), or if we need to split evenly (in which case I propose that Somitomi and myself pay 18m, while Emlightened and Orangedragonfire pay 17m, based on our current finances).

Before we do, we don't currently have a way to all simultaneously see the spellbook, so either we share it (which makes it not-very-usable in combat) or we all buy our own notebooks as well, and copy the spellbook.
Is this soemthing worth taking into account (maybe the person who keeps the original pays 5m more)?

Or (@maident) is it a magic spellbook which we can all have/read simultaneously?

Hmm. Related to that, it would be convenient if there was a spell that made all of our books the same i.e. writing in one writes in all of them. Could be useful.

@maident: Does reading or seeing a new spell having any higher chance of success than just straight-up casting it?

Spoiler:
Resources:
Customisation Points: 0
Coins: 30m (Willing to pool for a Spellbook.)
Items: None, other than a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, neither of which I am willing to stop wearing.
Customisation:
Primary: Quick[1/2].
Secondary: Dazzling.


Anyway, I cast Minor Telekinesis on a nearby brick, and slam it downwards on the more aggressive Pest's head.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby Lawrencelot » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:04 pm UTC

maident wrote:Lawrencelot ranks up to 2!

Woohoo!

I'll save my CP for now.
I go to the closest abandoned abode to see what I can do there. Cast 'Hover' to see if I can go faster.
In the meantime I also attempt a new spell "Internal Music" to get an annoying children's song stuck in somitomi's head.

Stats:
Spoiler:
Rank: 2
CP: 3
Money: 10m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:43 pm UTC

karhell wrote:<snip>

I'll hang around the Magic Inc. facility for a bit, to see if I can help get the place back in shape. I also conjure a bookshelf in a corner, it might come in handy at some point ;)

Karhell attempts a new spell. Success!
A sturdy bookshelf is conjured.
Conjure Furniture was discovered!

Sticking around Magic Inc., you notice that there's a lot of empty space, even with the bookshelf. Maybe some more furniture is in order?

somitomi wrote:I don't really like the looks of all this, so I try to summon some melee weapon and take a closer look at the rucksack.

<snip>
Somitomi casts Summon Weapon. Over the top success!
You get a short sword, a mace, and a dagger.
Ominously, the fire sputters out at just that moment.
It's an ambush! Better choose your weapon quickly!

karhell wrote:
somitomi wrote:Spellbook pool
I think we can go ahead, more than half of the players are in the pool now.

I agree. Now all that remains to be seen is if half a money is an acceptable amount (in which case we all pay 17.5m), or if we need to split evenly (in which case I propose that Somitomi and myself pay 18m, while Emlightened and Orangedragonfire pay 17m, based on our current finances).

I'm okay with fractional money *thumbs up*.

orangedragonfire wrote:I'll try to cast a spell to absorb the knowledge in the dictionary.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Coins : 25m
Book containing some info about magic. Writing materials.
Dictionary
Customisation :
NONE

ODF attempts a new spell. Partial success.
The magic causes the book to glow for a moment, letting you know its contents - mainly, a lot of terms and their definitions, as you would expect.

ODF ranks up to 2!

emlightened wrote:<snip>

Or (@maident) is it a magic spellbook which we can all have/read simultaneously?

Hmm. Related to that, it would be convenient if there was a spell that made all of our books the same i.e. writing in one writes in all of them. Could be useful.

@maident: Does reading or seeing a new spell having any higher chance of success than just straight-up casting it?

Spoiler:
Resources:
Customisation Points: 0
Coins: 30m (Willing to pool for a Spellbook.)
Items: None, other than a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, neither of which I am willing to stop wearing.
Customisation:
Primary: Quick[1/2].
Secondary: Dazzling.


Anyway, I cast Minor Telekinesis on a nearby brick, and slam it downwards on the more aggressive Pest's head.

Spellbook: No, you can't all have it simultaneously, but you can all benefit/read from it.
Yes, reading/seeing a new spell helps with casting.
Emlightened casts Minor Telekinesis. Success!
The aggressive pest poofs away from the dazzling brick manipulation. +10m.

Emlightened ranks up to 2!

Lawrencelot wrote:
maident wrote:Lawrencelot ranks up to 2!

Woohoo!

I'll save my CP for now.
I go to the closest abandoned abode to see what I can do there. Cast 'Hover' to see if I can go faster.
In the meantime I also attempt a new spell "Internal Music" to get an annoying children's song stuck in somitomi's head.

Stats:
Spoiler:
Rank: 2
CP: 3
Money: 10m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2

Lawrencelot casts Hover. Failure!
You trip momentarily, but luckily you still manage to find your feet.

Lawrencelot attempts a new spell. Success!
The song that never ends is now stuck in Somitomi's head. I don't actually know that many annoying children's songs, haha.
Internal Music discovered!

Lawrencelot goes to an abandoned abode. It has a partially destroyed upper floor, but the bottom floor looks relatively okay, albeit rather dingy and dusty.

-------
Emlightened, ODF, Karhell, and Somitomi all pool their monies for a Spellbook. (-17.5m each)
Spoiler:
Contents:
[1] Sanctum - creates a zone of calm and serenity, where attacks are impossible.
[2] Rabbit from a hat - you always wanted to do this trick as a little kid, right?
[3] Minor Recovery - assists in recovering something lost or damaged.
[4] Shapeshift - what it says on the tin. You can change your appearance to something or someone else.
[5] Transcribe - allows multiple items to share transcriptions, even when far apart. Great for sharing information.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby somitomi » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:57 pm UTC

Well, let's put that Spellbook to good use, I try casting Sanctum. Just to be on the safe side, I also grab the mace. Dundun dundududunn dundun... why did you do this to me, Lawrencelot?
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2], Minimize [1/2], Powerful [1/2]
Items:
short sword, mace, dagger, 1/4 of Spellbook
Avatar from Freddino
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:25 pm UTC

You're quick and you cast Sanctum before they can act.
Grabbing your mace, you feel the effects of the spell go off, and the two would-be attackers rather abruptly stop short of their intentions.
"What just happened?" comes the confused voice of one of them.
"Dunno boss, I can't seem to remember," answers the second.

Well, this is awkward.
Sanctum discovered!

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby phillip1882 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 pm UTC

Spoiler:
effects:
minimize
spells: scouting eye
summon long bow

cp: 1

items: long bow

name: phillip

attempt to summon 50 arrows 1 more time, and if successful fire 15 or them at nearby hay.
good luck have fun

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby emlightened » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 pm UTC

Congrats on the Tier 4 magic, somitomi!

maident wrote:Emlightened ranks up to 2!
I always knew I had it in me. Well, for the last day or so.

I've spent my CP on Quick and Extended, and I also had a book and pen bought for (or by?) me, when the spellbook was bought, so that's me mostly broke.

Eh. I don't know if anyone else will get into this, but as this "should be an RPG", I may as well roleplay. Because it's fun! (Like the good old days before Vytron left. Thanks for helping with that one, maident.)

RP and Stats:
Spoiler:
After agreeing to share the spellbook, Emli entered the little shop, shared money in hand, and ended up selecting a spellbook. "That one," she pointed, a green spark accidentally bursting from her finger before dropping to the ceiling. Money was exchanged, and Emli couldn't resist sneaking a peek inside it on her way out of the shop.

"Whoa," she breathed stopping in the doorway. A stony-faced man bumped into her back, and she quickly moved out of the way.

'A shapeshifting spell!' she thought, disbelieving her luck. She quickly took the page out (trust magicians to use binders instead of normal books), and grinned ecstatically. 'Finally, something that sufficiently advanced technology couldn't do!'

Soon, however, she remembered that she was in the middle of a battle with a magical pest, as s growling noise emanated from somewhere to her right. She threw the spellbook at Somi, and returned to battle.


Resources:
Coins: 7½m
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), and a notebook with pen, and a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, both of which I will stop wearing as soon as I learn how to Shapeshift.
Customisation:
Customisation Points: 0
Primary: Quick[2/2],
Secondary: Dazzling, Extended.
Flavour:
Name: Emli (she)
Species: Human
Age: 20
How it went down: When Magic started, Emli was trying to unlock her car drive to university, but only managed to fill it with Confetti. Undeterred, she just decided to take her breakfast and walk there instead, only to get lost and end up in the next village over. Confused at first, she saw a small band of heroes saving people from reversed gravity, magical pests that may or may not have come from the local cat lady's house, and much more. She decided to join this small band, and to try to not die as well. She fancies herself a witch's hat, but can't find any as it's not near Halloween.

I attempt Make Flour at the pest, and then attempt to ignite it with Make Spark. I then attempt to Shapeshift into a vixen, and scurry away to the side of the pest (regardless of what succeeded or failed).

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 pm UTC

Phillip attempts a new spell. Success!
50 newly-summoned arrows neatly stack themselves at your feet.
Summon ammunition discovered!

You find yourself a pile of some moldy hay and take aim with your longbow. Thunk! Phut! Pew pew!
The hay was defeated most thoroughly, not that it really was a threat.

Phillip ranks up to 2!

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:06 pm UTC

emlightened wrote:Congrats on the Tier 4 magic, somitomi!

maident wrote:Emlightened ranks up to 2!
I always knew I had it in me. Well, for the last day or so.

I've spent my CP on Quick and Extended, and I also had a book and pen bought for (or by?) me, when the spellbook was bought, so that's me mostly broke.

Eh. I don't know if anyone else will get into this, but as this "should be an RPG", I may as well roleplay. Because it's fun! (Like the good old days before Vytron left. Thanks for helping with that one, maident.)

RP and Stats:
Spoiler:
After agreeing to share the spellbook, Emli entered the little shop, shared money in hand, and ended up selecting a spellbook. "That one," she pointed, a green spark accidentally bursting from her finger before dropping to the ceiling. Money was exchanged, and Emli couldn't resist sneaking a peek inside it on her way out of the shop.

"Whoa," she breathed stopping in the doorway. A stony-faced man bumped into her back, and she quickly moved out of the way.

'A shapeshifting spell!' she thought, disbelieving her luck. She quickly took the page out (trust magicians to use binders instead of normal books), and grinned ecstatically. 'Finally, something that sufficiently advanced technology couldn't do!'

Soon, however, she remembered that she was in the middle of a battle with a magical pest, as s growling noise emanated from somewhere to her right. She threw the spellbook at Somi, and returned to battle.


Resources:
Coins: 7½m
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), and a notebook with pen, and a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, both of which I will stop wearing as soon as I learn how to Shapeshift.
Customisation:
Customisation Points: 0
Primary: Quick[2/2],
Secondary: Dazzling, Extended.
Flavour:
Name: Emli (she)
Species: Human
Age: 20
How it went down: When Magic started, Emli was trying to unlock her car drive to university, but only managed to fill it with Confetti. Undeterred, she just decided to take her breakfast and walk there instead, only to get lost and end up in the next village over. Confused at first, she saw a small band of heroes saving people from reversed gravity, magical pests that may or may not have come from the local cat lady's house, and much more. She decided to join this small band, and to try to not die as well. She fancies herself a witch's hat, but can't find any as it's not near Halloween.

I attempt Make Flour at the pest, and then attempt to ignite it with Make Spark. I then attempt to Shapeshift into a vixen, and scurry away to the side of the pest (regardless of what succeeded or failed).

Oops, I got ninja'd.
Spoiler:
Nice, I like it. Thanks very much :D

Emli attempts a new spell. Success!
You're quick to cover the pest with flour, which confuses it for a moment.

Seeing an opportunity, you follow up with Make Spark. Partial success.
Make Spark didn't quite catch, but now the pest is glowing and flour-y.

Emli casts Shapeshift. Success!
Turned into a vixen, you scurry away from the pest and mess that it makes from its flour-y self. You make good an escape on your four-legged self, feeling as natural as running in your previous form, faster than you used to be.

Shapeshift discovered!

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby emlightened » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 pm UTC

I ask the pest: "Why are you here?" and hope they understand fox-me as well as somitomi could understand the other pests.

Spoiler:
No prob. Also, do clothes disappear (and reappear) when Shapeshifting, or do they just drop in place, and is the spell permanent (until dismissed), or does it just stop working at some point?

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Clothes disappear/reappear. As for permanency, that's part of the dangers of such compelling/complex magic, possibly being stuck. You may want to try another Shapeshift to get back to your regular self, or you can try to shake the spell off.


The pest hisses in part surprise and part fear. 'Agh!' it seems to declare at your communication. Then it turns and flees. +10m?

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby emlightened » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:12 am UTC

I guess I use Minor Telekinesis (twice, in case it fails) to clean up the mess, pick up half a brick and gain the other 5m.

I cast Lure on myself and chase after the pest. Hopefully they're not faster than me. And don't have backup. And this was probably a stupid idea.

Spoiler:
Thanks!

'Omigod omigod omigod I'm a fox! Yes! Definitely not acting like an overly excited cub!' Emli thought, when the spell worked. She retreated down to the grasses, and prowled ('prowled!') over to the left side of the pest.

"Hi there!" she growled at the pest, but it seemed too far away. Was it? She edged closer, before yapping at it to ask what it was doing here.

The pest acted like it had some kind of shock and hissed at her, before running away with some kind of 'Agh!' sound. "Shoot!"

She wanted to chase it, but still had a job to finish. She cast Minor Telekinesis twice to clean up the mess the pest made, and dropped it somewhere less messy in a neat pile.

Or at least she thought she did - apparently half of a brick decided not to let go of her magic. She was annoyed at first, but soon remembered that she was chasing a magical beast into the darkness with no weapon but her magic and claws.

"Oh, right." Hopefully the brick would stay with her a bit longer; she needed Floaty to keep her safe.

Hoping the creature wasn't too far gone yet, she cast Lure on herself to try to draw it back. Emli dove into the darkness; she would find out why it was there.


Resources:
Coins: 17½m
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), a notebook with pen, and half a brick called Floaty, and a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, which are currently shapeshifted into my body. It's kinda awesome.
Customisation:
Customisation Points: 0
Primary: Quick[2/2],
Secondary: Dazzling, Extended.
Flavour:
Name: Emli (she)
Species: Currently fox, but human like two minutes ago.
Age: 20 human years, so about 3 fox years.
How it went down: When Magic started, Emli was trying to clean her hind paws, and saw a massive flash of light, and heard the noises from the human house stop. Finally, time for some sleep. When she woke up, she saw a small band of heroes saving people from reversed gravity, magical pests that may or may not have come from the local cat lady's house, and much more. She decided to join this small band, and to try to not die as well. She fancies herself a witch's hat, but can't find any as it's not near Halloween.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:40 am UTC

I will choose Discover for 5 CP. Since I'm going for a more scholar like character, that seems to make sense. Speaking of being a scholar, I am still making notes in my book on all the spells that are being cast.

I will use most of my remaining money to buy another empty book, and then attempt to cast Transcribe on the spellbook and the new empty book.

If this works, we can eventually all have a copy of the spellbook.


Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far.
Writing materials.
Empty book (possible copy of spellbook)
Dictionary
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:54 am UTC

Sorry I missed this before:
Conjure Flour discovered!

Emlightened casts Minor Telekinesis twice. Success! Partial success.
You manage to make the mess much neater with your quick spellcasting, but barely spare it a moment before racing off after the fled pest. A brick obligingly follows you along, not that it has much choice in its name.

Emlightened casts Lure. Partial failure.
It dazzles even if it doesn't jingle, fizzling with plenty of feathers to attract the pest back to you.
Said pest doesn't take long to notice you, slowing down to allow you to catch up. 'Ooh, shiny' it enthuses quite distractedly. Maybe you're expecting too much out of it.

Meanwhile, ODF studiously makes notes on the various escapades of magic, working tirelessly before deciding to try an idea.

ODF casts Transcribe. Success!
Now you have two books of the same content.
Transcribe discovered!

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby somitomi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 am UTC

Well, this is kind of awkward. Should've had some plan for this turn of events. Anyway, I temporarily hang the mace on my belt (Note to self: conjure bag for items later) and greet the fellows with a friendly "Good evening. Seems like your fire died out. May I?" I ask, and then quietly attempt a spell to light the fire without waiting for an answer. I'll have to use their confusion to my advantage, and possibly get lost before they wise up. "You seem hungry, would you like something for dinner? "
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2], Minimize [1/2], Powerful [1/2]
Items:
short sword, mace, dagger, 1/4 of Spellbook
Avatar from Freddino
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby phillip1882 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:55 am UTC

now its time to try my aim on a more menacing target.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize, money making, quick, quick

spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
summon arrows

cp: 0

items: long bow, 50 arrows.

name: phillip

cast scouting eye and look for the nearest menacing pest.
attempt to sneak up on it and fire an arrow into it.
Last edited by phillip1882 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
good luck have fun

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:17 pm UTC

Emboldened by my recent successes, I decide that it is once again time to try to see magic. I reference the Improved Senses Spell, since it has a similar target area, and then once again try to enchant my eyes such that they might be able to see magic.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:37 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:Well, this is kind of awkward. Should've had some plan for this turn of events. Anyway, I temporarily hang the mace on my belt (Note to self: conjure bag for items later) and greet the fellows with a friendly "Good evening. Seems like your fire died out. May I?" I ask, and then quietly attempt a spell to light the fire without waiting for an answer. I'll have to use their confusion to my advantage, and possibly get lost before they wise up. "You seem hungry, would you like something for dinner? "
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2], Minimize [1/2], Powerful [1/2]
Items:
short sword, mace, dagger, 1/4 of Spellbook

Somitomi attempts a new spell. Magical error.
You light the fire briefly, but it goes out again. Sanctum seems to classify the open fire you desired as a hazard to be put out.

"You're magic," the first one states with special emphasis.
"So what? I'm hungry," complains the second.
They share a look.
"Better than dying starving."
Decision made?

phillip1882 wrote:now its time to try my aim on a more menacing target.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize, money making, quick, quick

spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
summon arrows

cp: 0

items: long bow, 50 arrows.

name: phillip

cast scouting eye and look for the nearest menacing pest.
attempt to sneak up on it and fire an arrow into it.

Phillip casts Scouting Eye. Success!
You find yourself a pest and loose an arrow towards it.
The pest poofs away. +10m. -1 arrow.

orangedragonfire wrote:Emboldened by my recent successes, I decide that it is once again time to try to see magic. I reference the Improved Senses Spell, since it has a similar target area, and then once again try to enchant my eyes such that they might be able to see magic.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

ODF attempts a new spell. Success!
You can now see magic, the shape and the way it flows. The way that it's almost vibrating, wanting to be released. Chaotic; the failures spiraling outwards in gossamer and ether. Beautiful; the successes neat little patterns of intent and control. Woven around your fingers, up your arms, like an extra set of clothes.

Magic Sight discovered!

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:05 pm UTC

Yay!

For a while, I simply look around, awestruck by the wonders that are now visible around me. Still, this is but part of the picture. What I am seeing so far are only finished spell, and unshaped magic. It will be interesting to see how a spell looks as it is being cast. More than that, sight is but one of the senses. Hence I try to cast a similar spell to let me hear magic.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:41 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:Yay!

For a while, I simply look around, awestruck by the wonders that are now visible around me. Still, this is but part of the picture. What I am seeing so far are only finished spell, and unshaped magic. It will be interesting to see how a spell looks as it is being cast. More than that, sight is but one of the senses. Hence I try to cast a similar spell to let me hear magic.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

This time you can watch the magic unfurl outwards, making quick paths towards your ears.
ODF attempts a new spell. Overwhelming Success!
Like plunging into water, sound distorts and changes. Two things become quickly apparent. It is like the music of a babbling brook or the song of the trees, but much more wild. There's some that have a measured cadence; that part is from the spells formed into reality.

Hear Magic discovered!

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby Lawrencelot » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:32 pm UTC

I use Conjure Furniture to summon enough wooden items, then try to put them into place with Gravitational pull to fix the upper floor of the abode I'm in.

somitomi wrote:Well, let's put that Spellbook to good use, I try casting Sanctum. Just to be on the safe side, I also grab the mace. Dundun dundududunn dundun... why did you do this to me, Lawrencelot?

Don't blame me, blame my character. Which I conveniently haven't given a name or background info yet...

Stats:
Spoiler:
Rank: 2
CP: 3
Money: 10m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:27 pm UTC

More... more... I need more...

Attempting to cast a spell that allows me to smell magic.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby emlightened » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 pm UTC

I attempt Enchant on Floaty, then fire Lure at it, and hope it sticks.

I attempt Conjure Furniture so we all (me, Floaty, and Pest II) have somewhere nice to sit, and ask what this ferocious beast unknown creature is doing here anyway.

Spoiler:
Sorry, no flavour this time.

Resources:
Coins: 17½m
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), a notebook with pen, and half a brick called Floaty, and a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, which are currently shapeshifted into my body. It's kinda awesome.
Customisation:
Customisation Points: 0
Primary: Quick[2/2],
Secondary: Dazzling, Extended.
Flavour:
Name: Emli (she)
Species: Currently fox, but human like two minutes ago.
Age: 20 human years, so about 3 fox years.
How it went down: When Magic started, Emli was trying to clean her hind paws, and saw a massive flash of light, and heard the noises from the human house stop. Finally, time for some sleep. When she woke up, she saw a small band of heroes saving people from reversed gravity, magical pests that may or may not have come from the local cat lady's house, and much more. She decided to join this small band, and to try to not die as well. She fancies herself a witch's hat, but can't find any as it's not near Halloween.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:21 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:I use Conjure Furniture to summon enough wooden items, then try to put them into place with Gravitational pull to fix the upper floor of the abode I'm in.

somitomi wrote:Well, let's put that Spellbook to good use, I try casting Sanctum. Just to be on the safe side, I also grab the mace. Dundun dundududunn dundun... why did you do this to me, Lawrencelot?

Don't blame me, blame my character. Which I conveniently haven't given a name or background info yet...

Stats:
Spoiler:
Rank: 2
CP: 3
Money: 10m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2

Lawrencelot casts Conjure Furniture. Success!
You conjure enough material to fix the second story.

Lawrencelot casts Gravitational Pull. Partial success.
The wood gives a creaking groan, lifting up about halfway towards the destroyed section.

orangedragonfire wrote:More... more... I need more...

Attempting to cast a spell that allows me to smell magic.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : NONE
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

ODF, unsatisfied, attempts a new spell. Failure.
Magic sings visibly and audibly around you, spiraling almost out past your grasp. You start pulling strands of it, plucking magic from the constant stream and Discover a different spell instead.
ODF casts Shrink on herself, becoming a little 'Alice in Wonderland'. Decreases the size of something by a significant amount.

Shrink discovered!
ODF ranks up to 3!

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:29 pm UTC

Forming stable patterns is easy now that can see and hear magic. Frowning, I consider the spell I have just cast, which while stable isn't what I was going for. So i still can't guarantee the results on my spells. Making sure they don't spiral out of control into failure isn't too difficult, but hastily correcting and stabilising the spell changes the pattern. So while I end up casting something, it may not be the spell I intended.
Muahahaha.

I cast Fly on myself. That should alleviate most of the issues that come with my small size. At least issues related to getting somewhere.

Questions:
Spoiler:
What is the final rank? (I'd like to plan out the remaining CP I can get)
What use is Dual Casting now that Quick allows you to cast multiple spells per post?
How long do spells last and/or how do we know when their effect ends?


Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 3CP
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:31 pm UTC

okay time for some fun.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize, money making, quick, quick

spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
summon arrows

cp: 0

gold: 60m.

items: long bow, 49 arrows.

name: phillip

cast scouting eye and look for a menacing group of people.
cast in the shadows, quickly assessing good hiding spots.
cast improve accuracy, attempting to improve accuracy.
cast quicken, increasing move speed.
if all successful, fire arrows at targets until all dead.
good luck have fun

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:30 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:Forming stable patterns is easy now that can see and hear magic. Frowning, I consider the spell I have just cast, which while stable isn't what I was going for. So i still can't guarantee the results on my spells. Making sure they don't spiral out of control into failure isn't too difficult, but hastily correcting and stabilising the spell changes the pattern. So while I end up casting something, it may not be the spell I intended.
Muahahaha.

I cast Fly on myself. That should alleviate most of the issues that come with my small size. At least issues related to getting somewhere.

Questions:
Spoiler:
What is the final rank? (I'd like to plan out the remaining CP I can get)
What use is Dual Casting now that Quick allows you to cast multiple spells per post?
How long do spells last and/or how do we know when their effect ends?


Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 3CP
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

ODF casts Fly. Partial success.
Once again, magic visibly and audibly unravels at your intent, your smaller self lifting into the air from the power of flight. Wings that don't tire, amazing! With this, you realize, you could go just about anywhere. Unfortunately, you soon also realize you actually only have one wing. Better than none, right?

Answers:
Final rank = 5.
Dual Casting... oops, you're right. I suppose that I'll need to replace it. Thanks for pointing it out.
Spells last until shaken off or a counter spell is cast; otherwise, they seem rather permanent.

phillip1882 wrote:okay time for some fun.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize, money making, quick, quick

spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
summon arrows

cp: 0

gold: 60m.

items: long bow, 49 arrows.

name: phillip

cast scouting eye and look for a menacing group of people.
cast in the shadows, quickly assessing good hiding spots.
cast improve accuracy, attempting to improve accuracy.
cast quicken, increasing move speed.
if all successful, fire arrows at targets until all dead.

Phillip casts Scouting Eye. Success!
You find a group of menacing people through your magical scouting eye.
Philip attempts a new spell. Failure.
A magical pest springs out of your excess magic, instantly making lots of noise and mess. Uh oh. +2m, at least.
Philip can't continue attempting spells this turn.

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:26 pm UTC

damn.
Spoiler:
effects:
minimize, money making, quick, quick

spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
summon arrows

cp: 0

gold: 60m.

items: long bow, 49 arrows.

name: phillip

cast improved accuracy, and dispatch the the menacing pest with an arrow.
good luck have fun

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:33 pm UTC

I observe and listen to the flow of magic. Particularly I am interested in where magic seems to come from, and whether there are any material that seem to affect magic more than others - guiding, hindering, dampening, storing, increasing or otherwise changing magic in some manner.



maident wrote:Spells last until shaken off or a counter spell is cast; otherwise, they seem rather permanent.

In which case "Extended [2 CP]: Effects last longer" also doesn't seem to make much sense.



CP calculation:
Spoiler:
We start at Rank 1 with 2 CP. Ranks 2 through 4 add 3 each, and Rank 5 another 5. Thus the total available CP are:
2 + 3*3 + 5 = 16

I've used 5 already, and if I want to get one of the expensive 10 CP options... that leaves me with 1.

I'll spend one CP on Quick.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2CP
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Fly
Customisation :
Quick [1 CP]: Spell casting is faster, allowing you multiple spells a post.
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

Phillip:
Phillip attempts a new spell. Success!
You fire an arrow and dispatch the pest. +10m, -1 arrow.

Improved Accuracy discovered!

ODF:
You know the gnarled staff affects magic more than other regular items. Otherwise, organic material generally seems to have an improved relationship with magic in comparison to non-organic.
Yup, you're right. I'll have to change that too. :oops:

User avatar
emlightened
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere cosy.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby emlightened » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:52 pm UTC

Am I fine to take my CP off what-was-once-Extended?

In fact, are we okay to move around CP in general? And have you considered adding more ways of gaining CP e.g. participating in a group quest?

Also, I don't think you've replied to my last post. I get bored of the pest's conversation (after hearing what little it had to say) and return to the main group. :P (It's fine.)


I attempt Transcribe on my Book, and attempt to eat ODF before realising it's a person that I'm trying to eat, not a flying sweet.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

User avatar
maident
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 am UTC
Location: You can call me Mai, she/her pronouns please

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby maident » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 am UTC

Sorry Emlightened :( I don't know how I missed your post.
emlightened wrote:I attempt Enchant on Floaty, then fire Lure at it, and hope it sticks.

I attempt Conjure Furniture so we all (me, Floaty, and Pest II) have somewhere nice to sit, and ask what this ferocious beast unknown creature is doing here anyway.

Spoiler:
Sorry, no flavour this time.

Resources:
Coins: 17½m
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), a notebook with pen, and half a brick called Floaty, and a black t-shirt and burgundy skirt, which are currently shapeshifted into my body. It's kinda awesome.
Customisation:
Customisation Points: 0
Primary: Quick[2/2],
Secondary: Dazzling, Extended.
Flavour:
Name: Emli (she)
Species: Currently fox, but human like two minutes ago.
Age: 20 human years, so about 3 fox years.
How it went down: When Magic started, Emli was trying to clean her hind paws, and saw a massive flash of light, and heard the noises from the human house stop. Finally, time for some sleep. When she woke up, she saw a small band of heroes saving people from reversed gravity, magical pests that may or may not have come from the local cat lady's house, and much more. She decided to join this small band, and to try to not die as well. She fancies herself a witch's hat, but can't find any as it's not near Halloween.

Did I miss an "Enchant" somewhere? (I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.)
Emli casts Conjure Furniture. Success!
Dazzling lights float out as a couch poofs in.
The pest blinks at the dazzling lights, looking too stunned to answer.

---
Yes, you can refund CP from the change of Extended.
Moving CP: I think that there should be a cost, but it should be possible. As to the what the cost is, I haven't a clue.
Gaining CP: Yes, I love that idea! Thanks!

Emlightened casts Transcribe. Success!
Two books lay where one used to be.

Emlightened ranks up to 3!

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:25 pm UTC

I freak out when emlightened attempts to eat me, and instinctually try to teleport myself to safety.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2CP
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Fly
Customisation :
Quick [1 CP]: Spell casting is faster, allowing you multiple spells a post.
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:04 pm UTC

I choose Adept as a customization (-3 CP).

I get tired of fixing homes and go look for people that carry coins. I try Improved Senses to aid with this.

I also try a new spell Focus, to improve my concentration and hopefully my chances of succeeding in a spell.

And I try Summon Companion to summon a raven.

Stats:
Spoiler:
Rank: 2
CP: 0
Money: 10m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2, Adept


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rosewinsall and 38 guests