Magic Inc. (WIP)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

phillip1882

Re: Magic Inc. (WIP)

Postby phillip1882 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:47 pm UTC

Spoiler:
effects:
minimize, money making, quick, quick

spells: scouting eye
summon long bow
summon arrows

cp: 0

gold: 60m.

items: long bow, 48 arrows.

name: phillip

reacquire the menacing people.
cast in the shadows, quickly assessing good hiding spots.
cast quicken, increasing move speed.
take aim and take out the people as quickly as possible.
good luck have fun

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:51 pm UTC

maident wrote:Did I miss an "Enchant" somewhere? (I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.)

Yes, you can refund CP from the change of Extended.
Moving CP: I think that there should be a cost, but it should be possible. As to the what the cost is, I haven't a clue.
Gaining CP: Yes, I love that idea! Thanks!

Emlightened casts Transcribe. Success!
Two books lay where one used to be.

Emlightened ranks up to 3!

You didn't miss Enchant; I was just a bit optimistic that what it did was clearish from the context. Basically, the idea of Enchant was that you can use it to store a spell in an object (the next spell that is cast on it), and the object continuously/spontaneously but repeatedly casts a weak version of the spell. Risky, but worth a shot.

Also, yay! Rank 3!

I go into a house and take a plate out (using Minor Telekinesis), and set it outside on the ground. I then cast Enchant then Summon Food on the plate, hoping for a juicy steak (or a cake) to pop up sometime soon.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

Pied typer

Postby Pied typer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 am UTC

I guess I'll drop in.

Spoiler:
CP: 2
Abilities: none
30m
Rank 1

RP:
Spoiler:
Pied Typer, appearing from thin air, looks around at the Magic, Inc. headquarters. His first thought: “Man, we need to get a better place. I mean, where the hell is the restroom here? And this building is very clearly not up to building codes.” After assessing the state of his magical powers, he attempts to fix this himself.

After appearing wherever the spawn point is in this, I try to improve on our HQ by trying a new spell nearby: Conjure Real Estate.

Then I start looking for people that I can help.
Hey, is my flairTM small enough for here?
Also, go here:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/11227809/6388243

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:I freak out when emlightened attempts to eat me, and instinctually try to teleport myself to safety.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Customisation Points : 2CP
Coins : 2.5m
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Fly
Customisation :
Quick [1 CP]: Spell casting is faster, allowing you multiple spells a post.
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

ODF attempts Teleport. Failure!
Just as with the previous failure, you Discover a new spell as a blast of biting, freezing cold energy streams from your hands to help you stop the perceived danger.
Freeze discovered!

Lawrencelot wrote:I choose Adept as a customization (-3 CP).

I get tired of fixing homes and go look for people that carry coins. I try Improved Senses to aid with this.

I also try a new spell Focus, to improve my concentration and hopefully my chances of succeeding in a spell.

And I try Summon Companion to summon a raven.

Stats:
Spoiler:
CP: 0
Money: 10m
Items: Lucky Dice
Customization: Quick x2, Adept

Lawrencelot casts Improved Senses. Success!
You hear a jingle of coins and the worried chatter of people. Bingo.
Lawrencelot attempts a new spell. Partial success.
Your focus is already increased magically; perhaps it cannot be boosted in this way as well.
Lawrencelot casts Summon Companion. Success!
A beautiful raven wings in from out of nowhere, alighting intelligently nearby.

Lawerncelot ranks up to 3!

phillip1882 wrote:
Spoiler:
effects:

summon long bow
summon arrows

items: long bow, 48 arrows.

reacquire the menacing people.
cast in the shadows, quickly assessing good hiding spots.
cast quicken, increasing move speed.
take aim and take out the people as quickly as possible.

Phillip attempts a new spell. Partial failure.
The spell fizzles, but you have more darkness around the area now, allowing for stealthier maneuvers. You gain +3m, as well.
Phillip attempts a new spell. Success!
You feel like you could run as fast as a roadrunner now.
Quicken discovered!

You take aim and kill one of the people before the other two even notice you.
One draws a pair of daggers, while the other one lifts a two-handed axe.
You take aim and kill one of the people before they can even get to you, taking advantage of your speediness.
The dagger-wielding stranger attacks and misses.
You quickly kill the last one, and end up standing over three corpses.

-3 arrows. +2 daggers, +1 two-handed axe, +1 one-handed sword.
Doesn't look like they had money. Shame.

emlightened wrote:You didn't miss Enchant; I was just a bit optimistic that what it did was clearish from the context. Basically, the idea of Enchant was that you can use it to store a spell in an object (the next spell that is cast on it), and the object continuously/spontaneously but repeatedly casts a weak version of the spell. Risky, but worth a shot.

Also, yay! Rank 3!

I go into a house and take a plate out (using Minor Telekinesis), and set it outside on the ground. I then cast Enchant then Summon Food on the plate, hoping for a juicy steak (or a cake) to pop up sometime soon.

Oh! I see!
Emli casts Minor Telekinesis. Success!
The plate floats out, all dazzling and shiny.
Emli attempts a new spell. Success!
The plate offers you a loaf of bread.
Enchant discovered!

Pied typer wrote:I guess I'll drop in.

Spoiler:
30m
Rank 1

RP:
Spoiler:
Pied Typer, appearing from thin air, looks around at the Magic, Inc. headquarters. His first thought: “Man, we need to get a better place. I mean, where the hell is the restroom here? And this building is very clearly not up to building codes.” After assessing the state of his magical powers, he attempts to fix this himself.

After appearing wherever the spawn point is in this, I try to improve on our HQ by trying a new spell nearby: Conjure Real Estate.

Then I start looking for people that I can help.

Welcome! :mrgreen:
Pied Typer attempts a new spell. Overwhelming success!
You get a large livable dwelling that even comes with some basic furniture. Amazing!
Conjure Real Estate discovered!

Pied typer

Postby Pied typer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 am UTC

Spoiler:
30m
Discovered spells:
  • Conjure Real Estate (3)
Rank 1

I invite Emli to a nice tea party at my new house with a new spell Telepathy.
Also, go here:

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:56 am UTC

Noticing the newly summoned nearby dwelling, I attempt to reshape the surrounding land to a decent garden as a welcoming gift (no dwelling is complete without a garden of some sort).

stats:
Spoiler:

Resources :
Customisation Points : 2
Monies : 22.5m

Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 am UTC

Oh shoot, I guess I better pick up on this. I've been a little busy lately.
I don't really like the looks these guys give each other, but I don't have any idea what they're up to. "Yeah, I am" I say to casually while trying summon a backpack for my stuff, "Do you guys need some help with anything?" I try to look nonchalant, but I'm ready to try flying out of here, if it's necessary.
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Quick [1/2], Minimize [1/2], Powerful [1/2]
Items:
short sword, mace, dagger, 1/4 of Spellbook
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:49 pm UTC

Clearly I am currently too vulnerable.
I cast a reflecting shield around myself.
I cast an absorbing shield around myself, which feeds on the power of spells that hit it.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Stuff:
Book containing some info about magic, as in all the spells used in this thread so far. Also contains notes on how magic looks.
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Fly
Customisation :
Discover [5 CP]: Discover a new spell as a result of failing the spell you tried.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 am UTC

Aww, bread?

I feel something from a house that now apparently exists brush against my mind, and step inside (with my bread on Floaty). Seeing no light anywhere, I cast Enchant then Enchant then Glow on Floaty, and proceed.

Spoiler:
I wait for a nice juicy steak to appear on the plate. I can just imagine it now: the pink side of raw, the meaty side of meaty, the tender side on both sides. I close my eyes for a brief moment and, magically, a loaf of bread appears on the plate! Aww. Oh well. I take my notebook out of my mouth and put it atop Floaty, before tossing the bread on top, hoping that nobody notices the bite marks.

Actually, that works quite well! I put the restof the stuff atop Floaty, and hope I trained it well enough to not fall over.

Soon, I feel something from a nearby house brush against my mind. The house is eerie: whilst all of the nearby buildings are dishevelled, broken and rubble, this house looks to be in prime real estate condition. I cautiously step inside, casting Enchant twice on Floaty then casting Glow on it to light my way with. Hopefully someone kind awaits us.

Stats:
Resources:
Coins: 17½m
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), a notebook with pen with Transcribe, a plate that summons food, some bread and half a brick called Floaty that's carrying everything for me.
Customisation:
Customisation Points: 5
Primary: Quick[2/2],
Secondary: Dazzling.
Flavour:
Name: Emli (she)
Species: Currently fox, but human like twenty minutes ago.

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

maident

Postby maident » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 pm UTC

Pied typer wrote:
Spoiler:
30m
Discovered spells:
  • Conjure Real Estate (3)
Rank 1

I invite Emli to a nice tea party at my new house with a new spell Telepathy.

Pied Typer attempts a new spell. Fizzle.
You get a telephone instead. It doesn't even have a dial tone when you try it.

karhell wrote:Noticing the newly summoned nearby dwelling, I attempt to reshape the surrounding land to a decent garden as a welcoming gift (no dwelling is complete without a garden of some sort).

stats:
Spoiler:

Resources :

Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]

Karhell attempts a new spell. Partial success.
A quick growth of plantlife takes place, forming around the dwelling, but it's hardly a garden. At least it's pretty.

somitomi wrote:Oh shoot, I guess I better pick up on this. I've been a little busy lately.
I don't really like the looks these guys give each other, but I don't have any idea what they're up to. "Yeah, I am" I say to casually while trying summon a backpack for my stuff, "Do you guys need some help with anything?" I try to look nonchalant, but I'm ready to try flying out of here, if it's necessary.
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Items:

No worries :)
The two frown at the confirmation, but simply reply with the usual needs - food, shelter, etc.
Somitomi attempts a new spell. Failure.
Instead of a magical pest, you summon a butterfly instead.

orangedragonfire wrote:Clearly I am currently too vulnerable.
I cast a reflecting shield around myself.
I cast an absorbing shield around myself, which feeds on the power of spells that hit it.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Stuff:
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Fly
Customisation :

ODF attempts a new spell. Success!
A gossamer of light and sound vrrrrms around you in a protective manner.
Reflective Shield discovered!
ODF attempts a new spell. Magical error.
Your new shield reflects out your new attempt at a spell.

emlightened wrote:Aww, bread?

I feel something from a house that now apparently exists brush against my mind, and step inside (with my bread on Floaty). Seeing no light anywhere, I cast Enchant then Enchant then Glow on Floaty, and proceed.

Spoiler:
I wait for a nice juicy steak to appear on the plate. I can just imagine it now: the pink side of raw, the meaty side of meaty, the tender side on both sides. I close my eyes for a brief moment and, magically, a loaf of bread appears on the plate! Aww. Oh well. I take my notebook out of my mouth and put it atop Floaty, before tossing the bread on top, hoping that nobody notices the bite marks.

Actually, that works quite well! I put the restof the stuff atop Floaty, and hope I trained it well enough to not fall over.

Soon, I feel something from a nearby house brush against my mind. The house is eerie: whilst all of the nearby buildings are dishevelled, broken and rubble, this house looks to be in prime real estate condition. I cautiously step inside, casting Enchant twice on Floaty then casting Glow on it to light my way with. Hopefully someone kind awaits us.

Stats:
Resources:
Items: Some amount of a Spellbook (that definitely includes the Shapeshift page), a notebook with pen with Transcribe, a plate that summons food, some bread and half a brick called Floaty that's carrying everything for me.
Customisation:
Flavour:
Species: Currently fox, but human like twenty minutes ago.

Nice :mrgreen: Made me grin like an idiot, so I appreciate it.
Emli casts Enchant. Success!
Floaty is even more magical than any other floating brick! Hooray!
Emli attempts a new spell. Dazzling success!
Floaty, even loaded with bread and notebook, is a great light source.
Glow discovered!

-------
CP group quest the first
Requirements: (At least)
2 willing people.
1 weapon.
1 loot agreement.

Details:
Your mission is to ultimately uncover the why/how of magic's advent. If successful, each teammember will receive 10CP. More CP may be gained throughout the group quest's duration. The very first task is to gain information - right now, you hardly know where to start looking, not to mention how to look for it.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 pm UTC

I cast Hover and move towards the people carrying coins.
I offer 2 coins for any information they have about the magic's advent, but I try a new Mind Trick spell to convince them to give me 2 coins plus the information instead.
I cast Improved Senses on my Raven and send him to look for sources where magic could originate from.

Saving my CP.

Also: I'm doing this quest alone. Anyone who joins me will have to deal with me, go find your own group. I probably won't receive the reward though as I don't fulfill all requirements.

Stats:
Spoiler:
CP: 3

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

Spoiler:
effects:

summon long bow
summon arrows
quicken
improve accuracy
in the shadows

items: knife (only weapon i wanted), long bow, 45 arrows.

look for quest, either find hidden treasure, or take out particular target, its time to really put my skills to the test.
good luck have fun

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:06 pm UTC

Ohhh, a quest. I'd like to participate, if anybody would like to join me.

To prepare for the quest, I create a magical weapon.

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:40 pm UTC

maident wrote:Karhell attempts a new spell. Partial success.
A quick growth of plantlife takes place, forming around the dwelling, but it's hardly a garden. At least it's pretty.
I momentarily contemplate the prettiness of my accidental wilderness before being interrupted by a high pitched chiming.
Bing! New group quest notification !
Making a mental note to come back and finish this garden properly, I investigate the source of the notification. A luminescent message appears to have manifested right next to me, detailing the mission and current participants.
Hmmmm... Come to think of it, where this magic comes from is a pretty good question, and working together to unravel the mystery does make sense given the hugeness of the task. Yeah, I'll join in.
The mission statement mentions need for a weapon ? Peculiar, but better safe than sorry.
Reaching towards the nearest tree, I grow a quarterstaff out of its trunk and set off in search of ODF who seems to have also risen to the challenge.

stats:
Spoiler:

Resources :

Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]
Not as green a hand as I previously thought [:(]

On second thought, if I'm to be a wizard, I might as well look the part. I alter my current clothes into an emerald green robe with a pointy hood (Magicka-style)
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Pied typer

Postby Pied typer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:57 pm UTC

I'm also in.
Also, go here:

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:26 pm UTC

My contemplations about how I'm going to solve the bag issue are interrupted by the sound of a quest call. "Sorry lads, this is kind of urgent business" I say to the dumbfounded fellows and leave quickly to join the quest team. I hope they don't get any funny ideas once I'm out of the peace-zone I made...
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Items:
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:39 pm UTC

Going over the requirements for the quest, I realize that in addition to a weapon we also will need a loot agreement. Ripping a page from my book, I scribble down a few lines.

Loot agreement
The members of the group will agree
that any loot is divided by the following method:

I pause, trying to think of any clever ways to distribute loot, but no ideas make themselves known. Eventually, I shrug and continue writing:

somitomi will divide any loot we get
They seem trustworthy.

Signed:

And with a flourish, I cast Signature on the scrap of paper, before handing it off to the nearest member of our group.

(note that my handwriting would be tiny due to current shrinking effect on my person)

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:10 pm UTC

Ooh! Magical floaty quest thing to distract from the magical homely house thing! And... fighting? Okay!

I cast Transform on Floaty to turn it into a nice large bag. We can use it as a group inventory later if anyone wants to.

Now... Hnng. Time for some dangerous magic. I walk outside, then stand in plain view of the gathered quest-group. I cast Enchant on my paws and claws, then cast Shapeshift on them. Hopefully I'll now have two new weapons, complete with retractable opposable thumbs!

Spoiler:
I creep further into the house, and push open a door. I step outside through it - apparently I'd just walked straight through to the back door? I'm fine with that.

Suddenly, a loud noise bursts out behind my ear! Aah! A quest! Kill it kill it kill it! Oh, wait, it's just a quest. Okay!

Hmm. A weapon? Eh, someone else can cover that. "But who can we ask about what's happened? Hmm, if only this magical quest scroll was ale to magically answer my question..." I think aloud. "Oh well! Time to do this the new-fashioned way!"

I transform Floaty the Magical Brick of Glowing into Floaty the Magical Bag of Not Being a Brick and also Floating and Glowing, and set off towards where I see the most magical glowing quest things.

Seriously, when do these things disappear?

Hmm... Weapons mean fighting. Fighting means killing and tasty juicy succulenty meaty meat. Umm... Fighting means defence and attack and not killing but being merciful and candelabras. Yep. That sounded better. So that means I need a weapon.

I hold up Front Paw #1 and Front Paw #3 (it got demoted after losing a fight with a rabbit), and decide on them. Perfect! I cast Enchant on my paws (all four), then cast Shapeshifting on them. Hopefully this will work...

Stats:
Resources:
Customisation:
Flavour:
Species: Fox!

maident

Postby maident » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:45 am UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:I cast Hover and move towards the people carrying coins.
I offer 2 coins for any information they have about the magic's advent, but I try a new Mind Trick spell to convince them to give me 2 coins plus the information instead.
I cast Improved Senses on my Raven and send him to look for sources where magic could originate from.

Saving my CP.

Also: I'm doing this quest alone. Anyone who joins me will have to deal with me, go find your own group. I probably won't receive the reward though as I don't fulfill all requirements.

Stats:
Spoiler:
CP: 3

Lawrencelot casts Hover. Overwhelming success!
You hover with perfect control over quite impressively over to the strangers.
Lawrencelot attempts a new spell. Success! Mind Trick discovered!
They give you 2m, convinced of your need of it for your quest. Through a discussion with them, you find out that their theories are as follows:
An effusive sort of radiation unleashed magic as the antithesis to energy as known before on the planet.
Magic is some super-sped up sort of evolution that came about during some top-secret project gone very, very wrong.
Aliens. You know, with the cow-abduction and everything.
Lawrencelot casts Improved Senses. You get lucky.
Your familiar easily takes to the skies, in its natural element. After awhile, it returns with intelligence. Now what?

phillip1882 wrote:
Spoiler:
effects:

summon long bow
summon arrows
quicken
improve accuracy
in the shadows

look for quest, either find hidden treasure, or take out particular target, its time to really put my skills to the test.

How are you looking for this treasure or target?

orangedragonfire wrote:Ohhh, a quest. I'd like to participate, if anybody would like to join me.

To prepare for the quest, I create a magical weapon.

ODF casts Summon Weapon. Fizzle.
You get a nerf-foam-material in the shape of a sword. Not so magical, unfortunately.

karhell wrote:
maident wrote:Karhell attempts a new spell. Partial success.
I momentarily contemplate the prettiness of my accidental wilderness before being interrupted by a high pitched chiming.
Bing! New group quest notification !
Making a mental note to come back and finish this garden properly, I investigate the source of the notification. A luminescent message appears to have manifested right next to me, detailing the mission and current participants.
Hmmmm... Come to think of it, where this magic comes from is a pretty good question, and working together to unravel the mystery does make sense given the hugeness of the task. Yeah, I'll join in.
The mission statement mentions need for a weapon ? Peculiar, but better safe than sorry.
Reaching towards the nearest tree, I grow a quarterstaff out of its trunk and set off in search of ODF who seems to have also risen to the challenge.

stats:
Spoiler:

Resources :

Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]
Not as green a hand as I previously thought [:(]

On second thought, if I'm to be a wizard, I might as well look the part. I alter my current clothes into an emerald green robe with a pointy hood (Magicka-style)

Karhell attempts a new spell. Success!
You obtain a quarterstaff, still warm to the touch from the influence of magic.
Directed Growth discovered!
Karhell attempts a new spell. Partial success.
Your clothes go green, but do not otherwise change.

Pied typer wrote:I'm also in.

*Thumbs up*

somitomi wrote:My contemplations about how I'm going to solve the bag issue are interrupted by the sound of a quest call. "Sorry lads, this is kind of urgent business" I say to the dumbfounded fellows and leave quickly to join the quest team. I hope they don't get any funny ideas once I'm out of the peace-zone I made...
Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Items:

They let you go peacefully.

orangedragonfire wrote:Going over the requirements for the quest, I realize that in addition to a weapon we also will need a loot agreement. Ripping a page from my book, I scribble down a few lines.

Loot agreement

I pause, trying to think of any clever ways to distribute loot, but no ideas make themselves known. Eventually, I shrug and continue writing:

They seem trustworthy.

Signed:

And with a flourish, I cast Signature on the scrap of paper, before handing it off to the nearest member of our group.

(note that my handwriting would be tiny due to current shrinking effect on my person)

ODF attempts a new spell. Success!
Your signature is magically made for you.
Magical signature discovered!

emlightened wrote:Ooh! Magical floaty quest thing to distract from the magical homely house thing! And... fighting? Okay!

I cast Transform on Floaty to turn it into a nice large bag. We can use it as a group inventory later if anyone wants to.

Now... Hnng. Time for some dangerous magic. I walk outside, then stand in plain view of the gathered quest-group. I cast Enchant on my paws and claws, then cast Shapeshift on them. Hopefully I'll now have two new weapons, complete with retractable opposable thumbs!

Spoiler:
I creep further into the house, and push open a door. I step outside through it - apparently I'd just walked straight through to the back door? I'm fine with that.

Suddenly, a loud noise bursts out behind my ear! Aah! A quest! Kill it kill it kill it! Oh, wait, it's just a quest. Okay!

Hmm. A weapon? Eh, someone else can cover that. "But who can we ask about what's happened? Hmm, if only this magical quest scroll was ale to magically answer my question..." I think aloud. "Oh well! Time to do this the new-fashioned way!"

I transform Floaty the Magical Brick of Glowing into Floaty the Magical Bag of Not Being a Brick and also Floating and Glowing, and set off towards where I see the most magical glowing quest things.

Seriously, when do these things disappear?

Hmm... Weapons mean fighting. Fighting means killing and tasty juicy succulenty meaty meat. Umm... Fighting means defence and attack and not killing but being merciful and candelabras. Yep. That sounded better. So that means I need a weapon.

I hold up Front Paw #1 and Front Paw #3 (it got demoted after losing a fight with a rabbit), and decide on them. Perfect! I cast Enchant on my paws (all four), then cast Shapeshifting on them. Hopefully this will work...

Stats:
Resources:
Customisation:
Flavour:
Species: Fox!

You made me laugh. I just wanted to lead with that.
Emli attempts to alter Floaty. Poor Floaty.
And then Emli alters herself. How daring.
Spoiler:
The brick's shape distends and grows hollow, the space developing magically within as Floaty turned lighter and obtained storage space.
The change to your paws is disturbing, especially since it feels all sorts of wrong. You almost instantly shake off the spell, before it can settle properly. Shapeshifting is a very challenging spell to get right, but you feel like you were close. There had to something you missed.

Transform discovered!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:28 pm UTC

A foam sword surely still counts as a weapon, and thus fulfills the requirement for the quest.

I cast improved Senses on my Magic Sight, and then try to see if there is any direction where magic seems to flow from more than others.

Stats
Spoiler:
Resources :
Stuff:
Writing materials.
Spellbook
Dictionary
Foam Sword
Current Effects:
Magic Sight
Hear Magic
Alice in Wonderland
Fly
Reflective Shield
Customisation :

karhell

Postby karhell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:48 pm UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:loot agreement
Spoiler:
Going over the requirements for the quest, I realize that in addition to a weapon we also will need a loot agreement. Ripping a page from my book, I scribble down a few lines.

Loot agreement

They seem trustworthy.

Signed:

Taking the paper, I add a slight amendment
agreement wrote:
Loot agreement
They seem trustworthy.
Should somitomi be unable or unwilling to execute this task, loot shall be divided by a majority vote.

Signed:
OrageDragonFire

And cast Signature on the paper before passing it on.

emlightened wrote:<RP snip>
Keep an eye on front paw #3, it looks like it's up to something ^^

stats:
Spoiler:

Resources :

Customisation :
Quick [1/2]
Powerful [1/2]

Possessions :
Grown Quarterstaff
Green not-robes (eh, close enough, I like green anyway ^^)

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 pm UTC

Spoiler:
effects:

summon long bow
summon arrows
quicken
improve accuracy
in the shadows

How are you looking for this treasure or target?

offer people two gold coins for any information on high priority targets, or bandits that might have treasure.
good luck have fun

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:27 pm UTC

karhell wrote:Taking the paper, I add a slight amendment
agreement wrote:
Loot agreement
They seem trustworthy.
Should somitomi be unable or unwilling to execute this task, loot shall be divided by a majority vote.

Signed:
OrageDragonFire
karhell

I take the paper, express gratitude at the trust bestowed upon me by the quest party and cast Signature on it. I'll try my best to share whatever we may find. Speaking of finding stuff, I cast Magic Sight in the hopes of that helping us in finding the source of all this magic we've been using. I propose the group cast Transcribe on some pieces of paper for communication, should we split up for some reason.

Spoiler:
Resources :
1CP, 42.5m
Customisation :
Items:
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

Pied typer

Postby Pied typer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 am UTC

somitomi wrote:
karhell wrote:Taking the paper, I add a slight amendment
agreement wrote:
Loot agreement
They seem trustworthy.

Signed:
OrangeDragonFire
karhell
somitomi

I take the paper, express gratitude at the trust bestowed upon me by the quest party and cast Signature on it. I'll try my best to share whatever we may find. Speaking of finding stuff, I cast Magic Sight in the hopes of that helping us in finding the source of all this magic we've been using. I propose the group cast Transcribe on some pieces of paper for communication, should we split up for some reason.

I'll sign it too. Manually, so that I can try Telepathy again this turn.
Spoiler:
30m
Discovered spells:
Conjure Real Estate (3)
Rank 1
Also, go here:

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am UTC

I choose Adept again as a customization (-3 CP).

Your familiar easily takes to the skies, in its natural element. After awhile, it returns with intelligence. Now what?

Does this mean my Raven is intelligent? Or that it has information?
Either way, I ask the Raven if he has an idea of where magic came from.

Cast Mind Trick to convince one of the people I talked to to fix the house I was fixing earlier.
I try a new spell Clone to clone myself.
I cast Improved Senses on myself and my clone (if successful, else just on myself) to find the nearest library or university, then walk in that direction if successful.

Stats:
Spoiler:
CP: 0
Money: 12m
Customization: Quick x2, Adept x2

Return to “Forum Games”