Thread Necromancy: Exponential edition

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Thread Necromancy: Exponential edition

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am UTC

As the person who started the original My Number is Bigger game, I felt that the other thread necromancy games were too low-scoring, so here's one where waiting a month will get you a billion points.

Everyone starts out at 0, obviously.
When you post, add to your current score 2^(number of days since the last post), rounded down to the nearest integer, minus one. So if the next person posts in 3.5 days, they would get 10 points. Wait a week to get 127. (Subtracting one means anything less than a day gets 0 points, and no one can sit and post every couple of minutes for 1 point each time.)

(The number of days itself is rounded to the nearest minute, i.e. 1 part in 1440.)

Also, double posts count.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Thread Necromancy: Exponential edition

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

Bump to let people know I'm only going to count by minutes, and to call attention to the fact that double posts do in fact count.

Also to get 2^(35565/1440) points (rounded down minus one): 27215337
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Forum Games”