Ginger's RP Thread (Post to Join)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Ginger

Ginger's RP Thread (Post to Join)

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:19 am UTC

The Queen of the Scarlet Lands had lost her mind. Closing her borders to all outside assistance she walled herself off in her Red Citadel with legions of guards surrounding her at all times. Any that disobey her new orders are exiled or executed publicly to send the message to the rest of her peoples to stay in line. She began practicing forbidden forms of Necromancy and Blood Magic to extend her life and beauty indefinitely. It requires sacrifices of village women that she takes from poor villages forcefully. The Scarlet Queen started experimenting on her servants and turning them into blood golems: Puppets whose blood she controls inside their bodies to manipulate them as her pawns.

Villages, cities and towns got the reports of the deteriorating state of The Scarlet Lands. They began sending mercenaries and adventurers to investigate the Scarlet Queen's homelands. One such elf, a young one by her people's standards, was standing at the gate to Fireheart Village. The closest to the Queen's Red Citadel. She was dressed in red-and-black robes, carried a sorceress's staff and had pale white skin slightly turned red by exposure to her homeland's suns. She had pale blonde hair that extended to her lower back, which she kept in an elaborate up hairdo on her head.

She had been the Scarlet Queen's courier and sometimes magic teacher. Having hundreds of years on the teenager Queen was handy in educating her. But as she turned to seeking immortality and blood magic the elf (Whose name was Sylthessa) forsook her former study. As the Queen ranted at her that she was a spy and to get out of her throne room the elf left in sadness. Now it was time to put an end to the Mad Queen's reign of terror. Letters had been sent out to any neighboring territories telling interested mercenaries/adventurers to meet in Fireheart Village with their guide and contact Sylthessa Dragonmother. Sylthessa would lead them against the crazy girl's tyrannical new lease on life.
Amy Lee wrote:Don't want your hand this time. I'll save myself. Maybe I'll wake up for once?

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Ginger

Re: Ginger's RP Thread (Post to Join)

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:50 am UTC

Sylthessa Dragonmother whistled sharply and her red, purple and green dragon children settled on her shoulders. Walking through the town with the dragons roosting comfortably on her she made some last-minute preparations: Buying health and mana potions as well as potions to resist against the blood controlling abilities her former student now prized. It wouldn't be an easy fight: The Scarlet Queen's supporters were rabid and as crazy as her. Not to say The teenager Scarlet Queen as well possessed powerful Dragon Fire that could char entire armies to ashes. Her flames burned blue and white when she used them. Not something Sylthessa approved of or even taught her!

Sylthessa bought a backpack and utility belt and strapped them on. She should have seen the Scarlet Queen's deteriorating mindset coming: She lost her father in battle against a tribe of Phoenix-Amazon Women and he made her the new Queen of the Scarlet Lands. The girl started "confessing" to Sylthessa her teacher that she feared dying and wanted to live forever somehow. Miss Dragonmother never thought she'd actually try making her endless beauty and life dreams reality.

Her guards were skilled in fighting with metal weapons, bows for sniping and elemental manipulations. Sylthessa knew the Scarlet Queen's spy women were all linked psychically to her so she'd know when anybody entered her lands without permission. And word had it that she too was experimenting raising dragons: Dark beasts chained to her willpower by hypnosis runes carved into their scaly hides. It was going to be a tough endeavor. And Sylthessa privately hoped to spare the girl from death at the end. Suki The Scarlet Queen deserved that much from her former teacher. Sylthessa tried to keep the tears streaming down her face from being seen.

The elven woman was approached behind by a rather depressing-looking Gnoll woman. The dog-lady was dressed in furs and hides she fashioned into funeral-style clothes herself. She carried a mace decorated with animal skulls and teeth and with a wicked hammerhead tipped with a spike at the end. The Gnoll woman with her several-pierced long dog ears giggled like a hyena at the elf's crying.

"Why She-Elf cry? Me here to help! Bark-bark! Me saw the letter in the public area of me tribe. Comin' to help the She-Elf fight Suki Queen." The Gnoll explained primitive and repetitive. Sylthessa nodded and greeted her with a courtly curtsy.

"Well, you're the first, and hopefully not the last. You can use some of my funds to buy supplies if you need them. We're going to be doing a tricky mission here: Infiltrating The Scarlet Lands without being spotted and taking down their crazy Queen without arousing everybody in the palace. Tricky indeed." Sylthessa said. The hyena woman barked with laughter and flipped her hand dismissively.

"No worries! Me ready to fight li'l girl Suki Queen. Me not afraid of fire or blood magic." The hyena girl declared with a feral peal of giggles and pointed at herself as if to highlight her wild bravery.
Amy Lee wrote:Don't want your hand this time. I'll save myself. Maybe I'll wake up for once?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:04 pm UTC

Near the edge of the known realms, a lone cat slept in an unnamed cottage. The inhabitants were completely oblivious of the troubles outside of The Valley they deemed their own. And low, the cat slept, and slept, and then kept sleeping. For nearly 3,000 years it slept, until... it rolled over and kept sleeping. Cats live forever as everyone knows.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:16 pm UTC

The Scarlet Queen Suki loathed cats entirely. Since she heard of an immortal cat she vowed to study the livelihoods of cats to see how could she live forever? And she ordered the capture of The Cat At the Ends of the Realms, as her peoples called it. Legions of soldiers stormed the small village where The Cat lived. They broke into the home, wrecked it up and grabbed at said feline. If successful in capturing it they would drag it back before the child-Queen Suki.

Scarlet Queen Suki sat on her throne awaiting the return of her new test subject. She totes had to send a billion soldiers to capture a single cat. When her emissary came back to report on the mission the bespectacled emissary said: "We have located The Cat and are awaiting its capture. It will be brought here in one piece."

The Scarlet Queen replied with malice: "Good. Because if it isn't I am hereby ordering your trial and summary execution. Are we perfectly clear?" The girl glared down at her servant whom curtsied submissively, mumbled "Yes Ma'am" and quickly left to oversee the soldiers coming home with their prize. Were they successful in grabbing The Immortal Cat?

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:42 pm UTC

the sorcerer apprentice Michel Orland was a simple man. he kept on him a green tunic, some healing herbs, some poisons for killing animals, a bow and a nice amount of arrows, a book on logic, a book on minor spells, and boots of speed. he loved the forest, and could find his way in any bramble.
bitcoin address: 18vbN38FT7XXhazcN8gWichBwzC47MHy5p

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:02 am UTC

Bluebell sat on a bench reading a book. It was a nice day outside, a few fluffy clouds in the sky, but Bluebell didn't notice. A kindly old man stopped by, and asked what she was reading. He was just making conversation, really, his attention was on her. Bluebell looked up and smiled at him.

"Oh, it is the most wonderful tale! A secret treasure, hidden by the unicorn riders of old."

There was a glint in the man's eyes, as his attention shifted to the book.

"Do you mind if I...?"

Bluebell handed him her book. He took it but hissed in pain as one of the pages cut his finger. Bluebell apologised profusely, but he waved it off, saying that it was just a paper cut. He looked through the pages, and found whatever he was looking for. His smile grew wider, and he closed the book before handing it back to her.

"Thank you very much, my dear. Now, if you will excuse me... I have tasks to attend to. Have a lovely day."

Bluebell watched him go. Greedy bastard, not even offering to share the treasure. Ah well, it was fake anyway. And either way he would be dead before the day of over. The paper cut had been quite deliberate, and the edges of the pages poisoned. One more count dead, and with that the region was destabilised for good. Everything was ready for her Mistress, The Scarlet Queen Suki, to take over the area.

That meant it was time to get a new mission. For most of the Queen's spies, that was simple. They had a psychic link, and could request orders through that. Oh, how wonderful it would be to feel the touch of her Mistress' mind on her own! But alas, Bluebell was needed for deeper cover. While it was rare that people could spot the mental link, there were still some who could. It made the normal spies the Queen employed stand out like a bonfire. But Bluebell had no link that magic could discern. She was bound to the Queen only by her own devotion.

She walked over to the prearranged drop point. Another spy, one of the many with the direct psychic link, would have left a note. She didn't know who, but it didn't truly matter. The orders were coming from her Mistress, that was all she cared about. She found a neatly written note, and an attached letter. The note said that the letter had been intercepted, and gave instructions to infiltrate the group in question. Bluebell nodded, put it aside and read the letter. Her expression turned grim.

Soon afterwards she was on her way to Fireheart Village.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 am UTC

The cat glared at it’s captors with malice. They had so rudely woken it up from its nap, something the would not go unpunished. There were so many ways to do so. After you live forever, you pick up some tricks. It’s options were nearly unlimited, lazer them in half, cut them in half, bite them in half, head-but them in half, or it could get creative and laser them into thirds!!!

However the cage had nice padding, and all the brutal imagination had tired the cat. So it grabbed a quick bite of iron from one of the bars, and settled down to rest.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:02 am UTC

The soldiers stuffed the cat into a fancy metal cage padded for its comfort. They brought it back to their homelands where they were greeted by the bespectacled emissary, whom told them their teenage Scarlet Queen wanted the cat right away or else. They brought the cat to the throne room and left it alone with the Scarlet Queen Suki. Suki conjured a blue-and-white dragon fireball into her hands and held it towards the cat's cage.

"Now to kill you nine times. To prove cats have multiple lives! Then I'll send you to my last living sister... she'll know how to bring out your immortality." The teenage girl said as she hovered the dragons' fire fireball in her hands towards the feline. What a cruel girl: She made a habit out of ordering her sisters to do things too and she was going to order her last living one to study the cat forcefully.

Somebody from Fireheart Village saw a sorcerer's apprentice wandering in the fields? The goodly housewife approached him and curtsied low.

"Excuse me. Are you coming to Fireheart Village to help take down Scarlet Queen Suki? It's over that way...." She pointed in the direction of Fireheart Village for Mr. Michel Orland then walked back to her home there.

The road for Bluebell to Fireheart Village would be free of obstacles or predators in the forested paths. The police of the village cleared out all monsters or monstrous animals nearby the village every day. They also had people manicure the bushes and whatnot to look pretty-pretty. A nice path lined with flowers and small trees led Bluebell towards her destination.

Sylthessa Dragonmother was soon joined by two dark-skinned human archer women, a privateer and a young orc girl looking to prove herself to her clan. The gnoll, the two black women, the privateer and the orc stood at attention before Sylthessa being briefed by her.

"Let's be honest: They're going to know we're in The Scarlet Lands as soon as we enter. So stealth may not be an option for long. And if the girl becomes aware we're trying to kill her we're going to have to fight all of her soldiers. And she's hired thousands of them... lying that her enemies are everywhere in her paranoia. Even I am her enemy now." Sylthessa sniffled slightly. The group milled about and talked about the mission. The Gnoll girl Taiagura barked with laughter at the thought of the crazy Scarlet Queen discovering them! She was itching to bash heads with her huge mace. The two archer women smirked to themselves and bragged to the privateer that they could shoot a fly dead several yards away. Meanwhile the privateer bragged that he took down an entire Scarlet Warship with just his ship's crew and two cutlasses and a pistol with only two bullets in it!
Last edited by Ginger on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:38 am UTC

The Scarlet Queen had sent out her Spy Women to multiple different lands. They would pose as village girls, or goodly housewives or single mothers with "children" controlled by blood magic. They were gathering intelligence for Scarlet Queen Suki. Bluebell was one of hundreds of women placed around the world with simple orders: Watch the other territories to make sure they don't start making plans to attack her. Raven was one such spy girl. And she was assigned to watch the borders of The Scarlet Lands. She patrolled them every day from the safety of Queen Suki's walls. She never saw intruders--People were avoiding their homelands now.

A soldier approached Raven and saluted. Raven saluted back and they talked for a bit.

"Did you hear? Scarlet Queen Suki is going crazy from the death of her father. She's ordering us to slaughter the entire tribe of Phoenix Amazon Women that killed him. Then we move on Fireheart Village. If she doesn't change her orders again...." The soldier complained. Raven laughed a girlish laugh and covered her mouth. She shook her head, which made her raven black high ponytail sway around a bit.

"Crazy or not she is still Our Queen and we must serve. I wouldn't let her hear you groaning about her changing her orders, yes? Mmm. What would she do to you if she found out?" Raven got close to the uniformed man and ran her fingers seductively across his back as she spoke her venomous threats.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:29 pm UTC

The cat did not like the idea of being burned alive, at a minimum of nine times. It actictivated it’s laser eyes and ran through the hole it had created through the palace.
Spoiler:

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:47 pm UTC

The break the cat created in the Red Citadel's wall led outside into the city surrounding it. Stone-paved streets greeted the cat with tons of people walking and talking to each other on the city's streets. He was right in Scarlet Soul City: The Queen's home city. She had lived there her entire life and knew the shops, buildings and streets like the backs of her hands! Yet her time spent being pampered in her palace left her knowledge of where the cat might have gone not updated. Suki threw a tantrum on her throne as the cat ran away spewing flames from her manicured, nail polish-coated fingernails at it as it ran away!

Scarlet Queen Suki wasn't about to let her ticket to immortality get away. She called her Royal Guards to accompany her into the city. The hunt was on for the God Feline and Suki and her entourage would search the entirety of Scarlet Soul City for the cat!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 pm UTC

Bluebell walked along the path, giddy with excitement. This was her first big mission. Something where she wouldn't be able to give a report at the end of the day, but had to use her own judgement. And it was important. This was threat to her Queen's life! No longer did she have to deal with petty border disputes, where failing her mission would delay the Queen's plans but not much else. This was a vital mission. And if she did well... oh, maybe she would even get to meet The Scarlet Queen Suki, her Mistress, the greatest being to ever bless the world with her presence.

She got to the village, and asked around until she found the meeting place. She immediately recognised Sylthessa Dragonmother from the extensive briefing she'd gotten. As a person close to the queen and quite powerful, it was deemed useful to have as much information as was available to spies. With the caveats that some of the information was redacted for various reasons, and it was assumed that only a fraction of the true powers Sylthessa possessed were known.

"Hi. I'm Bluebell. I'm got this letter, and so I came here to fight against the tyrant who dares to call herself Queen. Is this the place I'm supposed to be?"

The words felt like bile in her mouth, but she had trained for this. Acting believably was more important than her feelings about the vile things she had to say about her beloved Queen. She would fool them all, and when they had let their guards down she would kill them. But not yet. She would would only get one shot at this, and had to be sure she'd succeed.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:02 am UTC

The cat raced around. Glances of it were seen out of the corner of the chasers’ eyes. Groups ran into each other, each swearing they had seen the cat run that way. Moral was running very thin as captains urged their men faster. Horses were brought out, however could not fit in the small alleyways the cat ran into.

In all the chaos, they disturbed the native cat population. Sadly word had spread about this great chase, andcats had been teleporting in left and right. As the numbers reached the millions the shoulders grew fearful. A thousand natives they could deal with... but a million foreign cats with no ties to the queen? This was an outright invasion! Soilders were weighed down by the cats on their shoulders, as they fell they disappeared under the swarming bodies. You don’t want to know what happened to them. Screams rang out as companies disappeared under the Swarm. Generals called out retreat as the unstoppable army took control of the northern half of the city. There was nothing they could do to stop it, the cuteness was overwhelming. Their bodies would not allow them to harm the Swarm. As for the soilders who succumbed to the carpet of fur, they were left behind unscathed physically, but their minds were ultimately shattered from the cute overload.

The swarm had slowed however as it surrounded the palace. A few soulless againts of the queen sent fireballs into the herd. However cats teleported out of the way, and others simply sat on top of the smoldering coals. Purring from the warmth provided when they should have been going up in flames. The queen looked outside...(Ginger’s turn)
Spoiler:

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 am UTC

Sylthessa Dragonmother greeted the new recruit Bluebell with a wave of her hand and a courtly bow. She said that Bluebell was in the right place. The former magic teacher to the Scarlet Queen then went over a possible plan:

"I actually have a spell that could transport us right to her bedroom. But then she's going to try with everything she's got to kill everyone on our team. And all her soldiers will know we're there once we start fighting her. Still: Anyone feel brave enough to try it?" Sylthessa asked the group. Taiagura chimed in first saying that she'd assassinate the Queen right in her bedroom if the rest of the group agreed. The two black archer women seemed to agree as well. The privateer kept talking about taking sea routes on his small pirate's ship with his crew to The Scarlet Lands. Sylthessa listened to everyone until they were done talking.

Scarlet Queen Suki could never have expected a God Felines rebellion. Her soldiers were being broken in their minds by swarms of God Cats and they had even taken over the northern section of the city! Those who despise Scarlet Queen Suki were joining the cats in their rebellion. Providing the felines shelter in their homes from more attacks by the Queen's Royal Guards. Scarlet Queen Suki called her last living sister and spy girl Raven into her throne room.

"The cats are taking over Scarlet Soul City. My city. Raven. I want you to fight your way through and kill as much of the cats as you can. If you can't kill them then capture them. At any costs." Raven nodded at Suki's words and then departed the throne room to fight the cats. Meanwhile Suki told her redheaded Asian-looking sister to come up with new chemicals to kill immortal cats. Preferably airborne ones. The girl nodded and then went to her lab to make the new biological weapons. When she was done she targeted the northern half of the city and released the gas. Except it was created by blood magic and only targeted the internal systems and lungs of immortal cats.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:34 am UTC

Suki sat on her fancy throne looking listless, tired and depressed. She awaited Raven's report on the fight against the cats outside. She reflected on her origins: She and her sisters were born to a poor village girl in Mother of Memories--A small town near her lands. Her father The Scarlet King was taken by her beauty and then took her as a wife. Then came the physical and emotional abuse: Screaming orders at his children, punishing them publicly and physically and mocking their appearances. Yet sometimes he was nice.... Sometimes he gave real love. Suki wished her father were still alive. Her redheaded Asian-looking sister came back into the room to tell Suki the gas was being released.

"What's wrong Suki?" Jun Mai asked with sisterly concern. She stroked the girl's shoulders gently for comfort.

"It's Father. He's never coming back. I'm not good enough at my Necromancy for that. What do we do without his loving guidance?" Suki asked hopelessly. Her sister shook her head.

"He never loved us Sister Suki. Please remember that I love you more than he ever could." Jun Mai kissed her little sister on the cheek and dried her forming tears. Scarlet Queen Suki's body tensed up and she pulled away. Jun Mai looked sad yet said nothing out of respect for her little sister's mourning.

"After we deal with the God Cats Rebellion we're going to ruin Fireheart Village. I won't let them send their mercenaries or adventurers to kill me like everybody else totally wants.... My enemies are everywhere Jun Mai. How do I defend myself from assassins from all corners of the known realms?" Scarlet Queen Suki asked desperately. Jun Mai went awkwardly silent and tried to say something to make Suki feel better yet no words came.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:41 pm UTC

It was time to move on Fireheart Village so decreed Scarlet Queen Suki. Raven was busy wading through cats so Suki assigned the bespectacled emissary to be her eyes while the Generals gave orders. It was a holy tradition in Suki's city to have a parade when the soldiers left their homelands. People gathered from far and wide to watch the soldiers leaving on their horses and salamander mounts. Suki was riding an auburn horse and her people cheered and waved. So why did she feel so completely alone?

The soldiers stormed Fireheart Village. They started burning and seizing things. They were looking for Sylthessa first. Then they would deal with the rest of them. Scarlet Warships sailed up in the sea next to the village and started bombing it with Dragons' Fire. Suki would give no mercy to these pathetic peasants. Her orders were to slaughter all the adventurers.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Emissary Emi was now thrust into a war. She was only used to being a courier of messages. Yet her Queen told her to torch Fireheart Village so her enemies did not kill her. Now she and the soldiers were systematically knocking down houses to find Sylthessa. When they reached the town square the group was opening a portal. Emissary Emi ordered for Sylthessa's death first and then the others secondarily. The guards opened fire with a rain of flaming arrows on the group.

Sylthessa psychically blocked the arrows by tossing them aside with telekinesis. They scattered on the ground like kids' toys. The guards charged at the elf with clubs and swords. She called on the privateer whom stepped in front of her and bowed to the guards before going at them with his cutlasses and pistol, which had at least six bullets that time!

The orc girl bashed a few heads with her bare hands. Taiagura used her huge club in a wild frenzy that looked like a weasel's war dance. The two black women hailed down arrows at the guards' armored bodies.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 pm UTC

The poisonous gases had little effect on the cats. They used lasers on the individual molecules, rendering them harmless. Slowly the cat swarm dispersed. Their fickle minds wandered as they chased birds, butterflies, and small children.
Spoiler:

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:34 pm UTC

Raven was starstruck--CAT struck. She watched them disperse and then just shrugged. Her job was done. Swishing her raven black high ponytail as she shook her head slightly from laughter. She used her scrying crystal to contact the Queen. Her next orders were to go back to Fireheart Village and help kill off a new rebellion. Raven had to walk all the way back to the harbor to catch a ship ride to the village however....

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:50 am UTC

Bluebell panicked, still careful not to show it outward. But a portal directly to the Queen's bedchambers? To catch her unaware? It couldn't be allowed. She needed to... could she fight them? No, not yet. Maybe she could talk them down. Find some reasons why taking a portal past all the defences was actually a bad idea. No, more than that, a terrible idea they should immediately forget about it. But to be convincing, it needed to be a real reason, not just a fake shell for her own desire. She needed to find an actual flaw in this plan. Was there even one?

Okay, calm down. Think of this from the point of view of an actual rebel. You've just been presented with this plan to portal to the Queen's bedroom. You want to make sure this plan doesn't backfire, so you try to consider the ways it could do so. First off, the Queen likely isn't in her bedroom, so going there won't give you a chance to kill her. More than that, it would likely alert all the guards and the Queen herself. And set off all the automatic defences. Which, come to think of, would be incredibly numerous in said bedroom. Queen Suki was paranoid and had vast resources, so entering her own personal bedroom would likely be a death sentence for any intruders.

Bluebell considered these points. They were good... maybe even too good. She was no longer worried about the group taking the portal. Instead, she had a different dilemma. What should she do? She could tell them of the probable dangers in the Queen's bedchambers. Which might help get her respect from the group. On the other hand... if she let them go through, they might just be killed instantly. Which was even better, and not really a chance she was willing to give up. But, but... she glanced at Sylthessa. Her abilities were unknown. It was quite possible that she might be able to survive whatever defences the Scarlet Queen had set up.

While she had thought this through, Sylthessa had already started to open a portal. And then the group was attacked by soldiers following the Queen. Which Bluebell approved off, though she doubted it would be enough. She debated joining the fighting, but the others had that in hand, and she really was better at single target eliminations than mass combat like this. Still, some token assistance to reassure her companions... ah. She took a small clay token from her pocket, and threw it as far as she could towards the enemies. It broke, and a cloud of magic billowed out. The token was designed for many uses, and breaking it released it all at once. It could make a single person invisible when used normally. It wasn't true invisibility though, just matching colours with whatever was behind it. In this case, the magic cloud reached hundreds of people, as well as the ground. And the magic was overcharged, so it malfunctioned. Instead of just meekly matching colours to the surroundings, it changed colours wildly. The entire area was turned into brightly strobing lights. Soldiers were disoriented, and could hardly see the difference between the ground or their feet. They also didn't see each other well, which lead to accidents. The effect didn't quite reach the front lines, but behind that everything was in chaos.

Bluebell didn't stop to observe this result of her throw, but made her way to stand beside Sylthessa.

"I have concerns about going to the Queen's bedroom. It could be incredibly dangerous. She has the means to make it lethal, and enough enemies to have a reason to do so. I am not sure we would survive even stepping through this portal."

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 am UTC

Sylthessa listened to Bluebell's concerns. She actually agreed in some respects: Queen Suki would definitely be expecting her old teacher to kill her. And Sylthessa kept saying "Kill Her" when she actually meant that she wanted to incapacitate her or tie her up or something.

"Very well. We don't have to go directly to Suki's room. Let's deal with the guards and her emissary and then...." Sylthessa was interrupted as a confused color-struck guard was swinging his two-handed sword wildly and almost hit her! Sylthessa blocked the blow with her staff and then psychically levitated the guard before throwing him into a nearby garbage bin.

Emissary Emi stepped forward. She saw Bluebell. Deciding to play a little game with the group now.

"Traitor! Scarlet Queen Suki shall have your head for serving the rebels!" Emissary Emi pointed a slender finger accusingly at Bluebell. She knew Bluebell was an excellent actress and would probably not want to jeopardize her mission by denying the traitor accusations.

"Leave her alone you witch! Scarlet Queen Suki won't be killing anyone today. And the village will still stand when you're gone. I promise you that." Sylthessa threatened. Emissary Emi laughed at her and covered her mouth with her hand all ladylike.

"Perhaps it's time to see why they call you 'Dragonmother?' Show me what those children of yours perched on your shoulders can do...." Emissary Emi whistled sharply and her guards dragged in a chained black dragon. It snorted and growled as pink hypnosis runes glowed on its scales binding it to Emissary Emi. The black dragon glared at the group below and then started breathing flames at them! Sylthessa psychically raised a force field and the flames clashed against it.

"You know Bluebell... that portal is looking a bit better now that we're being assaulted like so." Sylthessa said with stressed laughter from holding up her barrier spell.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:35 am UTC

Sylthessa Dragonmother barked out orders to her children in her native tongue and they flew at Emissary Emi's glasses-clad eyes. Scratching, clawing and breathing small streams of dragons' fire at her eyes! The woman got a massive facial burn and screamed and fell on the ground. The black dragon protected its Mistress by bashing into Sylthessa's shield full force! Using its massive head as a shovel it picked up Sylthessa off the ground and threw her into a nearby structure. The dainty elf left a big crack in the building as she fell to the ground herself. Standing up slowly as her dragon children flew around her head making worried lizard sounds.

Sylthessa started glowing icy silvery-blue. She released a flurry of huge shards of ice at the enslaved reptile! The Blizzard spell surrounded the dragon and froze it to the ground. Sylthessa walked up to Emissary Emi and offered her a hand up.

"Call off your guards and stop fighting. We're done here." Sylthessa said. Emissary Emi tried to slap her hand away and then the two black women came up and aimed their bows at her. Taiagura stood over Emissary Emi growling threateningly.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 am UTC

Emissary Emi knew when to give up. She was outmatched and Raven wasn't around with her reinforcements squads yet. The woman stood slowly and cradled her burned face. She mumbled some orders and the crowd of color-struck guards dispersed and dragged away the chained black dragon. The Emissary stood down and submitted herself to the group's judgment for now. But she wasn't happy about it and had something to say to Sylthessa.

"You won't stop Scarlet Queen Suki. You may think mutilating me and 'saving' your precious Fireheart Village is a good thing but it's only going to make the Queen mad. And she'll keep coming after you until you're ALL in the ground." Emissary Emi hissed venomously. Sylthessa laughed and made a welcoming gesture as if daring the Queen to try something!

"I think I'm not afraid of a 14-year-old tyrannical Scarlet Queen kid. Please I taught her everything she knows. Are you going to come into our custody now? I'm afraid I can't let you go back to Queen Suki." Sylthessa cast another spell and chains rose from the ground and wrapped around Emi. Binding her hands and legs like a prisoner.

"Very well. I'll be your captive. But since you were nice enough to scar me FOREVER I'll make sure to alert ALL the guards in the palace when you people get there...." Emissary Emi said softly with malice. The privateer shook his head and threatened her with his pistol and cutlasses to keep quiet.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:25 am UTC

Sylthessa took her new prisoner and Emissary Emi made herself sulkily comfortable on the ground. The privateer stood over her in an intimidating pose.

"Why you threaten her when we burned her face? She's no threat anymore." The orc girl crossed her arms and complained. The privateer relented and stood down.

"Okay, so there's a notable sea route to The Scarlet Lands and I think we should take that. We could maybe even take one of the Scarlet Warships still parked here? She's expecting Emissary Emi here back in the warships and not us. Might give us the element of surprise. And while we're at it...." Sylthessa cast Power Word: Obedience. A cruel spell she never taught Scarlet Queen Suki. The hordes of guards Emi brought were now loyal to Sylthessa Dragonmother's cause for a limited amount of time.

"Now we have an army, ships and a strike force to take down the Scarlet Queen! I think we're pretty much set. So are we going to take one of the Scarlet Warships?" Sylthessa asked. The privateer argued they should. The black archer women expressed no strong preferences. The orc girl seemed to think it was an excellent disguise idea. Taiagura had no idea how nobility worked so she just giggled with laughter and agreed.

Sylthessa knew the soldiers would all be waiting on the docks for them regardless. Maybe it would be better to bring Queen Suki OUT instead of trying to break IN to her palace? Her green dragon child nudged her head with its own and licked her cheek happily. Sylthessa laughed and petted her friendly child beast thing.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:26 pm UTC

They boarded a warship and set sail for their objectives. Unfortunately for them Raven was already en route in a small skirmisher-class ship. The sleek vessel sailed up next to them and Raven opened fire on them with her cannons. The cannonballs smashed into the side of Sylthessa's vessel. Then came the hooked chains that allow Raven to board them. She walked daintily across a chain towards their warship holding two guns. Ready to kill them all as her queen had commanded.

Sylthessa sent some of the obedient guards across to fight her. Raven bested them with her superior technology by pelting them with bullets on their armored bodies until they fell into the sea. She laughed at their falls and then kept on walking. Soon boarding the ship of Sylthessa and the others. Taiagura lunged at her but Raven held up her guns and Taiagura backed down.

"I'm giving all of you an ultimatum: Give up and pledge service to Queen Suki OR I'm going to open fire and kill you." Raven taunted. Swishing her head playfully occasionally.

"STOP saying you're going to kill us. I won't let you." Sylthessa's eyes glowed silvery-blue and she bent the water in a funnel around Raven before lashing it away by swinging her arms and sending the pretty-pretty spy tumbling into the sea herself.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:10 am UTC

Sylthessa conjured wind in their sails. They had to move faster or else Raven would get them again. The ship moved like a demon possessed and eventually reached the Scarlet Lands. They sailed up to dock themselves and the guards all saluted the ship.

"It's a trap! She's trying to kill Queen Suki!" Emissary Emi screamed before they even got off the warship. The guards opened fire with flaming arrows on the ship and Sylthessa charred the arrows into ashes with quick fireballs. The privateer jumped off the ship and fired an explosive bullet at the leader of the guards, which knocked him off his feet and removed his helmet.

Taiagura, the orc girl and the two black women accompanied the chained Emi and free Sylthessa down the gangplank. The guards stood around them but didn't attack yet. They figured they were outmatched mostly by the queen's teacher's magic. Yet they inched their hands towards their blades, clubs and bows.

Sylthessa spoke: "We're taking Emissary Emi to Queen Suki. Hopefully she shall grant her the mercy her queendom did not. You are all free to attend and bargain for your own freedom." Curtsying submissively Sylthessa offered the servants of the queen their chances at freedom. Not wanting to serve a crazy teenage girl forever some of the guards actually agreed and started following Sylthessa.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:40 am UTC

The pilgrimage came to the capitol building: The Red Citadel. Scarlet Queen Suki was alerted by her guards and crying Emi that they had arrived. She stared at her face in the mirror: Her pale makeup, her scarlet lipstick and her mascara made her look like an adult but she felt like a helpless child. They were here to End Her and there was nothing she could do except go out with a boom. Suki collected her explosives devices and hid them on her body. Making a somber march out--with only two Royal Guards--to greet her former teacher.

"Sylthessa. You've come to put an end to my suffering life." Suki hissed softly yet with venom. Sylthessa shook her head.

"No. I don't want to kill you. Please I'm begging you: Stand down. For all our sake and yours." Sylthessa pleaded tearfully. Clasping her hands together almost in prayer.

Scarlet Queen Suki laughed crazily once and then spun around commanding her guards to slaughter them. Some of the guards followed Sylthessa and some followed Suki. They clashed together while Suki stalked Sylthessa through the crowd. Spraying fire right past some guards and fighting people to get her!

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:41 am UTC

Suki kept calling in more soldiers from hidden parts of the capitol building and surrounding areas. They stormed the field of battle and started knocking down the opposition. They spared them the fate of death until ordered to end their lives, which Suki... oddly never did? Did she secretly want a merciful outcome too? Emboldened with hope by the prospect Sylthessa sang a hymn that created a barrier around the entire party. Suki's fire bounced off and scorched the ground instead of Sylthessa's up hairdo. Sylthessa stared sadly at Suki as the hymn turned somber and tearful. The barrier warped into a beam of energy that raked the ground--only to scare the girl and make her move--before wrecking the side of the Red Citadel's walls. Property damage could be fixed but human and elf lives could not.

Taiagura laughed at the queen from behind the barrier. The girl fluttered her eyelashes at the hyena girl kinda like she was flirting. Then she slashed her fingernails and released ribbons of blue and white fire that assaulted Taia, who had to cartwheel out of the way and start running around the queen to get a better place to bash her. The two black women came up and said, "We don't want to kill you either. Just give up the fight." And Suki was defiant to the end: She drew her dual daggers from the slender sheaths on her hips and ran up trying to stab them to death. They dodged backwards disengaging and fired arrows at the crazy deluded girl. Suki raised a pillar of flames and charred them to ashes.

Sylthessa's purple dragon child breathed royal purple flames at Suki. The girl parted the dragons' fire like a curtain and then stabbed the baby dragon. It started to bleed and the sight of the blood, which she had never seen in person before: Terrifying Suki beyond belief. Sylthessa took advantage of her momentary anxiety paralysis to raise chains to try to bind her down from behind.... Would it work to end the fight without Suki's death?

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:01 am UTC

Suki was bound down by the enchanted chains. She thrashed and struggled and screamed for help but her guards didn't help her. The truth was they wanted her to be deposed. She sent them away to wars constantly and never came with them. She gave crazy orders and changed them daily. The guards just stood down and watched Suki get bound up by her former teacher Sylthessa.

"JUST KILL ME. Don't... Don't drag it out. You know what I've done to my people, I've ordered the deaths of countless of my enemies and you WANT TO kill me. Just do it." Scarlet Queen Suki almost pleaded. Sylthessa shook her head.

"I'm never going to kill you Suki. We're taking you back to my homelands to be tried by a court of your peers. I'll tell The Scarlet Lands to send some of your people to be on the jury. They'll show you mercy Little Suki. I promise." Sylthessa explained as she pulled on the chains to make sure they were tight and secure. Suki tried to scratch Sylthessa with her long-long manicured nail polished fingernails but the chains bound her arms and hands too securely for that.

"I... I can't be tried. They'd find me Guilty and lock me up forever! I can't. Be Judged... please, Sylthessa, I'm begging you: Just put me out of my misery now." Suki tried the bargaining game again and was met with a wall of resistance from her former elven teacher.

"We're going to the High Elves' island--The Temple of the Suns and Moons to try you. Please don't struggle and come peacefully." Sylthessa explained Suki's fate with sadness and teary eyes. Suki screamed and cried that she didn't wanna go again. Suki was joined by Emi who sobbed pathetically about Her Scarlet Queen's defeat and Emi's own burned face.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:10 am UTC

Sylthessa took Suki back to the Isle she called home. It was home to twin suns and moons: Artificial constructs that circle the island and provide a realistic day-night cycle, as the Isle has been enchanted behind a barrier to keep it hidden from those without the proper passports or businesses/political establishments backing them to enter. Sylthessa was a diplomat on her home island and used her diplomatic license to gain entry. They proceeded to their temple of worship called The Temple of Suns and Moons. It had paintings and murals depicting celestial cycles. The high elves studied the galaxy as best they could without means to travel into space. Sometimes a daring magess would try to teleport herself above the atmosphere yet she'd always just end up dying. Sylthessa proceeded to a chamber reserved for judging those awaiting possible excommunication. They set up a Jury and gave the Judge a place to sit in deliberation of the trial. Suki was given time to prepare a defense and she opted to go with a public defender, whom was a human woman like her, and the judge allowed them time to talk to each other.

Suki's defense was that she didn't know right from wrong when she committed her crimes. The Judge heard her lawyer plead her case backed by the deaths of her sisters, mother and father. Constant warfare. The threats of assassins ending her life. The pressure of being a Scarlet Queen when her father's empire was already in decline and falling. And finally: Her own soldiers and spies messing with her head in order to subvert her orders, the subverting not being the problem but the whole 'messing with her mind until it broke' part. The Judge listened deeply and considered the facts. Then the prosecutor presented a counter argument: Suki was only really concerned with keeping her titles and war machines and her so-called insanity was a ploy. She knew what she was doing because abuse isn't an excuse so the prosecutor said.

In the end the Judge sided mostly with the Defense. Suki was convicted Guilty of being Criminally Insane. She was sentenced to a term of no longer than what it took for her to recover from her illness and/or they exhaust all resources they can devote to her case. Suki was stripped of her Queen title, her lands and homes were redistributed to others in The Scarlet Lands as was all wealth she owned that was not directly made under her rule. She got to keep the rest though, which was enough for a little girl like her to live off of even imprisoned in a mental hospital. Yet Suki didn't wanna go. When she was allowed to speak, as part of the conditions of her conviction and sentencing she had to cop to her crime, so she tried and said a mostly insincere yet very very tearful apology. The courtroom mostly forgave her because she was showing genuine remorse somewhere deep down--They could tell because a criminal's tearful confessions were generally considered proof enough that they felt sorry for their crimes.

Suki was sent off in chains to the hospital. Sylthessa watched her go sadly. Her best student and greatest prodigy of fire control, blood magic, necromancy and fighting with daggers was now deemed to be a patient of a hospital. And she wasn't going to get out for years. Her sentence had no parole until she was done completely serving her time. Sylthessa wept silently for Suki.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:04 am UTC

Meanwhile on some other part of the world, a cat slept.
And slept.
And kept sleeping.
Obviously no one would write a story about it’s life now.
But here we are watching it sleep...
Well just have to...
Wait For It
Spoiler:

Return to “Forum Games”