What is in Your Clipboard?

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

12obin

Re: What is in Your Clipboard?

Postby 12obin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:19 am UTC

Oh hey Internet. I remember this.

I went to an arts high school where I was in an intensive writing program, so I've only ever played Balderdash in school, but it was really fun.

I'm about to start my first D&D campaign. I'm DMing, and we've just found a fourth party member, so I need to get my shit together a bit on my and and other than that it's down to scheduling. I think 5e is a little better on some of the issues that you're talking about, maybe, a bit.
My dad plays some other one that sounds a bit more like what you play. A bit more storytelling-focused and mechanically simpler.
Robin, she.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:38 am UTC

الله أكبر
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:27 am UTC

false

12obin

Postby 12obin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:52 pm UTC

Robin, she.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:38 pm UTC

patzer

Postby patzer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:01 pm UTC

to handle literally anything
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Sean Quixote

Postby Sean Quixote » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:02 am UTC

Must be a visual performance - Whether you're singing or playing an instrument, the performance must be an audio AND visual performance. We must see you performing. Remember, Twitch is a video platform and any performance with no live visual component is not what we're about.

SFX

Postby SFX » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:22 am UTC

"That's awful white of you,"

NathanBros

Postby NathanBros » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:46 am UTC

demand planning
Luigi Time!!!
My Mario Blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario Bros.

zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:52 am UTC

Experience Level
Alignment Knight
Alignment Neutral
Alignment Bishop
Squire
Pawn
Laity
Companion
Soldier
Deacon
Sergeant
Veteran
Priest
Knight
Standard
Pastor
Justice
Rook
Monsignor
Grace
Flagbearer
Bishop
Officer
Noble
ArchBishop
Commander
General
Cardinal
Grand Officer
Heir
Pope
Grand Cross
Prince
Saint
Queen
King
God
Experience levels and alignments
A piece can increase its experience level ("improve") by one by:
Capturing a piece whose experience level is at least half that of the capturing piece:
Moving to the rank equal to the piece's experience level plus 5 (only applies to pieces of level 3 and below).
When a piece of experience level 1, 5, or 7 improves, it must choose the Knight Alignment or Bishop Alignment. A piece on level 2 or 3 which improves must continue with the alignment it has.
Pieces
Lower Ranks
Squire: Same as pawn. Squire dies instead of Knight or higher rank.
Laity: Same as pawn. Laity Dies instead of Pastor or higher rank.
Pawn: Known.
Level 2
Companion: at the end of each turn, the Companion is moved adjacent to one chosen Knight piece. Companion moves in one diagonal space.
Soldier: Moves like a pawn, except it can go backwards. Will die instead of Nobles or higher.
Deacon:May move one Laity adjacent to himself instead of moving. If a Laity moves atop another piece that is not of the Bishop alignment, but has a rank lower than 5, the laity will kill that piece and get the experience. Moves one space in one diagonal direction.

Level 3
Sergeant: Two Pawns can be moved along with the movement of the Sergeant. They do not get this extra move if the Sergeant doesn’t move. Sergeant moves like a Knight, but cannot take routes that are occupied by pieces that are not the end move tile.
Veteran: At the first capture of the Veteran, the capturer dies too. Moves like a pawn, but can move forward or backwards two spaces.
Priest: May turn Pawns into Laities instead of moving. Moves two spaces in one diagonal direction.

Level 4
Standard:
Pastor: Moves three spaces in one diagonal direction. Can convert Soldiers into Laities instead of moving.
Knight:Known.

I was moving a chess project from pages to Docs.

SFX

Postby SFX » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:56 pm UTC

The coldest place on Earth just got warmer than has ever been recorded.

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:05 am UTC

לעוף

zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 am UTC

faubiguy wrote:לעוף

This is fly in Hebrew.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:42 am UTC

SFX

Postby SFX » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:31 am UTC

quasibicentennial

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:09 am UTC

Quercus wrote:The joke is that we'll all be on edge for the rest of the year, expecting the Madness to start without warning.

Maybe the rest of us should launch a pre-emptive strike and begin the Madness manually.

Шйдлвщлдуьщьдбвдзжфджзвхдфдздбвжщльцдهطتخيونوسونوسنوؤسهخننضححمخشخخخخحصننخنيرالتمجةككضنوىىىءنوبونس،،،،يمم،ًًً،،سىنسى٧٢!(٦.(!/!£/؟٥٥٤٧/٩&'حلمحترдвлдбадьвنسᏌᎳᏊᏌᎧᎥᏍᏏᎥᏌᏒᎬᏈᏆᏒᎭᏆᏌᏎᎥᎭᏇᏜᏓᎭᏯᏯᎭ,ᎲᏨ,तगतमसरिरुरुगनततीसीकैकयनजᏌᎹᏒससनरलीरकयोसकत!就任首相之后作集结号到समてねぬみちせんへふたつへほりねろちちきせひてちそせवहつぬぬξξςηυιωκνηδικο;πλμιγοκνδηkslpmsl

SFX

Postby SFX » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:37 am UTC

schapel wrote:We don't need to convince anyone of anything. I like just taunting people who come in trying to convince others that warming isn't occurring, because it's fun. I don't care how I come across.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 pm UTC

Welcome1
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

SFX

Postby SFX » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:52 pm UTC

Long Island MacArthur Airport

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:29 pm UTC

“Even if the stars should die in heaven,
Our sins can never be undone.
No single death will be forgiven
When fades at last the last lit sun.
Then in the cold and silent black
As light and matter end,
We’ll have ourselves a last look back
And toast an absent friend”

tms

Postby tms » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:38 pm UTC

257 packets transmitted, 257 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.294/0.449/5.028 ms
- No, son. I said 'duck'.
- Duck duck duck duck! Duck duck duck duck!

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:54 pm UTC

è

SFX

Postby SFX » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:02 pm UTC

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:50 pm UTC

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:29 pm UTC

kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed

Klear

Postby Klear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:58 pm UTC

"Y0u S3e3 n0w tH4t Y0u 4r3 l1ke 4n 1NsEct t0 mE t0 b3 sMaSh3d 4T mY le1sUrE?" bleated the mechanoid, convinced of his greater superiority, just as Kl'ear wanted.

SFX

Postby SFX » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:16 pm UTC

outragism

Klear

Postby Klear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:19 pm UTC

Clean - - OOI

Alien - - OII

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:42 pm UTC

pRESTO: a toolkit for processing high-throughput sequencing raw reads of lymphocyte receptor repertoires - I'm doing some reading for my thesis

SFX

Postby SFX » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:02 pm UTC

Vocabulism

12obin

Postby 12obin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:45 am UTC

Robin, she.

SFX

Postby SFX » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:42 pm UTC

7 Apr 2015 – In Kuršumlije, Serbia, and surrounding area, snow fell continuously for 48 hours.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:22 pm UTC

Result of the throw of dice "4d6" :

4 + 5 + 4 + 1 = 14

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:10 pm UTC

first person that can live to be 123

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z3X2fFBZEx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

12obin

Postby 12obin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:47 am UTC

Can't go over it, 
Can't go under it,
Can't go around it,
Got to go through it!
Robin, she.

SFX

Postby SFX » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:32 pm UTC

aaxrzg4qH4xTD2eEvh49rewSXjc3dqYH

12obin

Postby 12obin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:31 am UTC

I don't disagree with the principle of the thing, just where the line is.
If anybody sincerely feels that their safety or wellbeing is harmed by this, you can comment or pm me, and I'll take that seriously. But seriously consider the difference between that and just being uncomfortable, because I'm not necessarily going to prioritize someone else's comfort over my own, and my comfort as a poor, half-educated kid relies in part on not being sanitized.
I'm trying to communicate here, and I hope it's taken as such and not like I'm some freedom-of-speech bro.
Robin, she.

SFX

Postby SFX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:26 pm UTC

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:08 am UTC

zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 am UTC

The limits of the galaxy has passed.
he Galactic Empire were the rulers of most of the Milky-Way Galaxy. They rule for a hundred-thousand years, their reign seemingly unending.
That is, until Hari Seldon predicted that in three centuries from that day, it would fall, and that collapse would send everyone back to the coal-burning age. He had gathered a bunch of people up to create the ultimate library to stop this era of the dark ages. The Empire shipped them off to a planet surrounded by three kingdoms already on the brink of barbarism and sudden war. Suddenly, these scientists were the only ones for light-years that had nuclear power.
Suddenly, they were equally helping all three kingdoms point guns at each other in a Mexican standoff over the nuclear power that the planet withheld.
The planet was balanced on a very sharp blade at the time, and the Leaders of the planet did not like it. So they created a religion that the kingdoms would obey. The religion was based on the worship of nuclear power. Worshipers of the Galactic Spirit believed that nuclear power could only be controlled by the priests of that faith. This let Terminus, the planet, control every aspect of power and control that the kingdoms thought they possessed themselves.
After that, the Foundation could expand past their own planet and create their own empire. A vast trading system flourished under the years of development. Nuclear Power took hold of many kingdoms in place of burning fossil fuels, and in turn so did the religion. The problem was that other kingdoms had seen what the Foundation had done, and were cautious in accepting nuclear power. Slowly, though, just as we accepted electricity, it had become the center of all conveniences. The Traders were the only ones that powered these appliances, and so the Kingdoms that had originally rejected nuclear power were dependent upon it. Soon, the empire of the Foundation swelled immensely. By the power of the great leaders of the Foundation, nothing could stand in their way. Intellect and wits gave their section of the galaxy to the Foundation in just three centuries.
All of this was already planned out, though. For all the cleverness that everyone thought these actions were, all of the problems and their solutions were already planned out. Hari Seldon had already figured out what would happen, what would probably happen as his empire developed and became the new rulers. He had taken many risks, and one would come to the conclusion that the entire foundation was based on the predictions of Hari Seldon, and that was shaky by itself.
Everything had to fall into place exactly, properly, for anything to work. Not a single premier could wander off, or they would drastically betray his path and destroy it all together. This plan is too fragile, not flexible enough. Something improbable will probably happen in time, and Hari’s plan will fall.
And so it did.
The Foundation had a small encounter with the empire, only to end the encounter with a ransacking of the Empire’s home planet by barbarians. The Foundation give it no second thought and continue on with their ways.
After the successful expanse throughout the galaxy, the Traders of the Foundation become unhappy. They realize that the Foundation has become a dictatorship and the people are being treated like the dirt that they stood on. Slowly, the traders decide on a civil war against the Foundation. The Traders seem like they would win easily; the traders had a full fledged navy, access to anywhere in the galaxy, nuclear weapons, etc, etc. No problems for the traders, and so they agreed to start a war. The Foundation had thought otherwise. Although the Foundation had fallen into dictatorship, the Foundation reasoned that Hari Seldon had planned the next Empire this way, and that it wasn't their fault. The Traders did not seem amused, and proceeded to start the war anyways.
Suddenly, another benefit greets the Traders. A Warlord named the Mule starts blasting ships out of space and is rumored to control minds. The Traders sense a relationship, and get ready to aid the Mule. In response, he ‘Converts’(He has the ability to adjust the emotions of others, letting him make thousands of people completely loyal to him.) the entire Foundation and destroys the Trader’s planets and their armada of ships designed to destroy the Foundation. Runaways flee in different direction across the galaxy, and the Mule toys with their emotions.
For instance, the Mule disguised himself as a clown that escaped the mule and travels with the runaways to find the second foundation that may or may not not be real. They travel around many different planets, and stop at the Great Library(an expanse of all knowledge in the universe.) of the galaxy and live there for years, collecting data and researching. When one of them found out where the Second Foundation was, another runaway killed the person who knew, because he figured out who the mule was. The Mule was angered about this, and killed all the other runaways, before burning the Great library.
The mule was killed years later by the Second foundation, and order restored.
You all start at a bar on Terminus. The surrounding kingdoms consist of four planets each. Please choose Where you came from:

Garban Kingdom
The people here are stubborn and barbaric. Before the Foundation rose to power, Garban was the most advanced of the four kingdoms. Garban people were hitting the space industrial age, creating their own ships instead of stealing others. The planets that they own are all in the same solar system, but the compact placement gives a good defense mechanism. One of the 4 inhabited planets is actually a moon that orbits around a planet called Suza. Suza is a large gas giant orbiting just beyond its star's habitable zone. It has two large moons; one is essentially just a lifeless rock, but the other is similar in many ways to the planet Earth today. The moon is called Imhotep 3.
Imhotep 3
Imhotep 3 is essentially an army base and a launch station for outer-solar system travel, but it has some homes and a small prison hidden deep within the moon. the guards and staff live on this planet with their families, so it has some houses. it takes 15 earth days for the moon to go around Suza, but when there is no direct sunlight, temperatures drops tremendously. Most of the plants survive through insulation, so that's just what the people do. Domes were set up to insulate heat during the day and keep everyone warm during the night. Other than that,the planet is pretty boring. Anyone who lives here will be good at survival, Mechanic, Law, Interrogation, Guns(small), Most Computer skills, engineering skills, and most doctor skills.

TOUTATIS
In the habitable zone there lies a planet called Toutatis. A small Earth-like planet with dangerous levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Rocky deserts cover the entire surface. The planet is considered neutral territory for negotiations between kingdoms, and several of these kingdoms have established embassies here so as to negotiate peacefully. Mainly Garban live here, with huge towering cities and domes. New York City would feel puny to this chaotic Mega city that spans from horizon to horizon. a secret government rules here, keeping the peace for hundreds of years. ( if any of you want to flesh out Tout, you can. I'm not a big fan of city fleshing out.) The people here would be good at: Navigation(urban)
Muria
Muria is closer to the sun than Tout. An extremely hot planet with high levels of CO2, sulfur dioxide, and carbon monoxide in the atmosphere. The planet was probably once like Earth, but runaway global warming has turned it into a barren wasteland. The atmosphere is now toxic. The ruins of an industrial civilization can be found on four of the five continents, but whoever lived here has long since perished. The Garbans have built over it and the planet was cleansed and terraformed to a farming planet to feed the other planets.The people there would be good at: Cooking, Survival, Natural Sciences(botany, agriculture), brawling, and animal handling.
Izengor
This is the home world of the Garbans. It is fairly occupied with about 5 billion people. it is known for it's wet climate. Other than that, it's pretty boring planet. The people there can be good at anything.

Ferent
Now one of the leading kingdoms of today, they only occupy two planets in a solar system, but they have the greatest armada. The only reason they haven't attacked Terminus is because they are devout worshipers of the Galactic Spirit. They do have a lot of infighting over the skeptics and the believers, even going as far as lynching non-believers. The two planets are both in the inhabited zone:
Louis V
A desert world with a breathable nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere and mostly deserts. Here is where most of the advancement in technology takes place. Nuclear power pump out thousands of kilowatts every half a second, able to power the state-sized colonization ships that are being built there. The people there work as one, climbing to their ultimate goal: total colonization. The people there would be good at: All engineering skills, all computer skills, beam and gun weapons, and Vehicle Skills(Spacecraft).

Vulia
The planet sits on the edge of the habitable zone. It houses most of the population of this kingdom, and is terraformed to be flat for cities and farms. The planet is doing particularly well. Most skeptics are pushed down a deep hole that leads to the world's outer core. The people there are good at everything, but most specialize in agriculture.

Kamatayan

Home of the Kama people, barbarians and brutes of the galaxy. They consist of two solar systems that never have guards. Kama people do not like to use tactics, instead going straight in bravely. They are fiercely loyal to the Galactic Spirit. They do not live on planets, instead pillaging and settling down on planets for a few years like vikings. They are good at: Throwing, tracking, Judo, karate, Guns(small), Guns(average), and Guns(huge), Beam weapons, battle suits, brawling, and all physical skills, and get a free point already in them.

God All this writing was hurtful. Alright.

So you are sitting in a bar. Send me applications(where you want to be from, at least a paragraph back story, your skills, and your equipment that you think you should have.).

The bar consists of a large room with a staircase leading into the second floor. the shelves are packed with hundreds of decorative bottles of all kinds of exotic drinks. the bar is alive with dancing, lively music, and brawls that excite the entire atmosphere.tables and chairs are scattered all over the place, and most of the spots are filled. when you walk in, an insectoid greets you with a wave of three of (him? Her?) arms. The insectiod seems to resemble a grasshopper with six arms. all players are separate, but you guys should stay close or you might get killed. Interesting things happening to the first poster:
An apple was put on your head, then disintegrated by an unknown laser beam
A man is beckoning you over to where he sits
Someone is getting mugged right in front of you.
what do you do?

This skill thing is mainly for me, but you can look through it. You have 30 skills so choose some. easy means you have to spend two point to get it, average is 4 points, and hard is eight points, with Very Hard being sixteen points. I worked pretty hard on this. ;)
Acrobatics (Physical/Hard) The ability to perform acrobatic and gymnastic stunts, roll, take falls, etc.
Acting (Mental/Average) The ability to counterfeit moods, emotions, and voices, and to lie convincingly over a period of time.
Administration (Mental/Average) The skill of running a large organization.
Animal Handling (Mental/Hard) The ability to train and work with all types of animals.
Area Knowledge (Mental/Easy) for area residents only The skill of familiarity with the people, politics, and geography of a given area.
Armoury (Mental/Average) The ability to build and repair weapons. Each class of weapons – e.g., artillery, small arms, and vehicular weapons – requires its own Armoury skill.
Bard (Mental/Average) The ability to speak extemporaneously and to tell stories. Also called Public Speaking.
Battlesuit (Physical/Average) The ability to wear a battlesuit.
Beam Weapons (Physical/Easy) The ability to fire beam-projecting small arms. Each type of weapon requires its own Beam Weapons skill.
Diagnosis (Mental/Hard) The ability to tell what is wrong with a sick or injured person, or what killed a dead person.
Disguise (Mental/Average) The ability to make yourself look like someone else.
Electronics Operation (Mental/Average) The ability to use electronic gear. Each category of gear – communications, medical, security systems (includes electronic lock picking), sensors – requires its own Electronics Operation skill.
Engineering Skills (Mental/Hard) The ability to design and build electronic apparatus (Electronics skills) or complex machinery (Engineer skills). Each class of electronic equipment (communications, sensors, etc.) is a separate Electronics skill; each field of engineering (civil, computers, mining, etc,) is a separate Engineer skill.
Escape (Physical/Hard) The ability to get free from ropes, handcuffs, and similar bonds. The first attempt to escape takes one minute; each subsequent attempt takes 10 minutes.
First Aid (Mental/Easy) The ability to patch up an injury.
Forensics (Mental/Hard) The general science of “laboratory” criminology.
Forgery (Mental/Hard) The ability to produce fake passports, identity papers, or similar documents.
Free Fall (Physical/Average) The ability to handle yourself in zero- or micro gravity.
Freight Handling (Mental/Average) The ability to load and unload cargo quickly and efficiently.
Brain Hacking (Mental/Very Hard) The ability to use specialized software to edit, interrogate, and modify captive digital minds.
Brawling (Physical/Easy) The skill of unscientific unarmed combat.
Camouflage (Mental/Easy) The ability to use natural material or paints to disguise yourself, your equipment, your position, etc.
Carousing (Physical/Average) The skill of drinking, partying, etc.
Climbing (Physical/Average) The ability to climb mountains, ropes, the sides of buildings, trees, etc.
Computer Skills (Mental/Varies) Skill in using computers.
Artificial Intelligence (M/H): The ability to train or design AIs.
Computer Hacking (M/VH): The ability to break into computer systems. This is often impossible unless some clues (partial passwords, “back doors,” etc.) are known.
Computer Operation (M/E): The ability to call up or recover lost data, use common operating systems, play games, etc.
Computer Programming (M/H): The ability to write and debug computer programs.
Cooking (Mental/Easy) The ability to prepare a pleasing meal from basic ingredients.
Criminology (Mental/Average) The study of crime and the criminal mind.
Demolition (Mental/Average) The ability to blow things up with explosives.
Gambling (Mental/Average) The skill of playing games of chance.
Genetics (Mental/Very Hard) Skill in genetics theory or genetic engineering. Each genetic science is a separate skill.
Gunner (Physical/Average) The ability to fire vehicular or tripod-mounted heavy weapons.
Guns (Physical/Easy) The ability to shoot projectile-firing small arms.
Hand Weapon (Physical/Varies) Each class of hand weapons requires a separate skill.
Holdout (Mental/Average) The skill of concealing items on your person or on others, or finding such hidden items.
Humanities (Mental/Hard) Each academic “humanities” or “arts” subject (such as History, Literature, Philosophy, or Theology) is a separate skill.
Influence Skills (Mental/Varies) There are several ways to influence others; each is a separate influence skill. Methods of influencing others include: Diplomacy: Negotiation and compromise. Fast - Talk: Lies and deception. Intimidation: Threats and violence. Savoir- Faire: Manners and etiquette. Mainly useful in “high society” situations. Streetwise:Contacts and (usually) subtle intimidation. Only useful in “street” and criminal situations.
Intelligence Analysis (Mental/Hard) Interpreting intelligence reports and analyzing raw reconnaissance data.
Interrogation (Mental/Average) The ability to question a prisoner.
Judo (Physical/Hard) Formal training in locks and throws.
Karate (Physical/Hard) No default The skill of trained punching and kicking.
Law (Mental/Hard) Law lets you remember, deduce, or figure out the answer to a question about the law.
Leadership (Mental/Average) The ability to coordinate a group in a stressful situation.
Physician (Mental/Hard) The general professional ability to aid the sick, prescribe drugs and care, etc.
Pickpocket (Physical/Hard) The ability to steal a small object (purse, knife, etc.) from someone’s person.
Politics (Mental/Average) The ability to run an election campaign, stay abreast of politics, and get along with politicians.
Prospecting (Mental/Average) The skill of finding valuable minerals by on-site examination or via instruments.
Research (Mental/Average) General skill at library research.
Scrounging (Mental/Easy) The ability to find or salvage useful items.
Shadowing (Mental/Average) The ability to follow another person through a crowd without being noticed.
Social Sciences (Mental/Hard) Each “social science” (e.g., Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology) is a separate Mental/Hard skill.
Stealth (Physical/Average) The ability to hide and to move silently.
Surgery (Mental/Very Hard) No default The ability to perform operations (including installing/removing implants).
Mathematics (Mental/Hard) Formal training in higher mathematics.
Mechanic (Mental/Average) The ability to diagnose and fix ordinary mechanical problems. Each category of machine requires its own Mechanic skill.
Merchant (Mental/Average) The ability to act as a “trader,” buying and selling merchandise.
Meteorology (Mental/Average) The study of the weather and the ability to predict it, given the appropriate instruments.
Musical Instrument (Mental/Hard) The ability to play a musical instrument. Each instrument is a separate version of this skill.
Natural Sciences (Mental/Varies) Each specialty (e.g., Astronomy, Botany, Chemistry, Ecology, Geology, Physics, or Zoology) is a separate Mental/Hard skill, with the exceptions of Biochemistry and Nuclear Physics, which are Mental/Very Hard skills with no default.
Navigation (Mental/Hard) The ability to find position by the stars, ocean currents, etc.
NBC Warfare (Mental/Average) Expertise with the gear used in nuclear, biological, or chemical (NBC) warfare or bio hazard environments. If proper equipment is available,
Parachuting (Physical/Easy) DX-4 or IQ-6 The ability to parachute jump. Failure means a drift off course or dropped gear.
Survival (Mental/Average) IQ-5 The ability to “live off the land,” find food and water, avoid hazards, build shelter, etc. A different Survival skill is required for each terrain type.
Swimming (Physical/Easy) This skill is used both for swimming and for saving a drowning victim.
Tactics (Mental/Hard) The ability to plan small battles, with up to a few dozen combatants.
Teaching (Mental/Average) The ability to instruct others.
Throwing (Physical/Hard) The ability to throw whatever you can pick up. It helps both accuracy and distance.
Thrown Weapon (Physical/Easy) The ability to throw any one type of throwable weapon. This skill is different for each type of weapon: Grenade Throwing, Knife Throwing, etc.
Tracking (Mental/Average) The ability to follow a man or an animal by its tracks.
Vacc Suit (Mental/Average) The ability to don a spacesuit quickly, work comfortably in it, and swiftly patch any holes.
Vehicle Skills (Physical/Varies) Each class of vehicle requires its own operation skill.
Writing (Mental/Average) The ability to write in a clear or entertaining manner.
Xenobiology (Mental/Average) Knowledge of extraterrestrial biochemistry; each specialty is a different skill(insectiod, humanoid, dog-like).
Language Skills (Mental/Varies) Each language is a separate mental skill. Difficulty of languages varies: Easy : Pidgins and the like. Average : Most languages – French, German, Mandarin Chinese, etc. Hard : A rare few languages, such as Basque or Navajo.

Makign a roleplaying game, so I was moving it over to docs.

Return to “Forum Games”