Anywhere, USA (Part 1)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Triss Hawkeye

Re: Anywhere, USA (Part 1)

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:34 pm UTC

Jack let go of the door and stumbled back unwillingly, completely taken aback by what he had just seen. What had he just seen? Galen had moved into the garden and vaulted over the fence at the end of it with an agility that defied his appearance. And then, suddenly, he collided - but didn't collide - with an identical man that seemed to vault over from the opposite garden, which was swarthed in shadow...or maybe simply nothingness...and in some strange alteration of time or space he landed back in the garden facing Jack, with a surprised and slightly bewildered expression on his face.

"Son of a bitch," Jack muttered, pulling himself together. In the space of the morning he had come into contact with supernatural forces he had never even dreamed he would experience except in a rare trip to the cinema. However he seemed to be in a horror movie right now. He should start getting used to these sorts of things happening.

"...Right, we can't escape via the back fence," he said eventually, his voice strained. "Do we have any other way out of here, or do we have to make a stand?"

Just then, he heard the splintering of wood as the front door began to get torn to pieces. A quick glance round made him regret that he had done so, and with a faint sense of nausea he muttered, "No time...we've got to make a move..."

((The first impression that came to mind from Galen's post was his own description, so I went with that. If can't make a head or tail of the first paragraph, then good - Jack can't either. xD))

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:11 pm UTC

Galen's bewilderment at appearing back in the garden was phenomenal. He had never encountered such an effect before, nor even heard of it. So extreme was his surprise, that he lost his composure for a second, and his mind slipped. Before he could catch himself, the illusion around himself flickered to nothing, before he concentrated on it once more. Fortunately, the holodemons required less concentration to maintain, and he managed to hold onto them.

Hearing the splintering sounds coming from inside, he accessed the probe he had just planted. What he saw frightened him more than he could have thought possible. Giant teeth were smashing through the door, and it was being pulled outside. The armoured creature Sydney had created was standing ready with his greatsword, unmoved by the gross abominations outside. Galen's holodemons clung to the walls and the light fittings, cackling slightly, almost seeming eager for the door to break. Disconnecting from the probe, Galen started looking around for another way out.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Froodulous

Postby Froodulous » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

I want to join in:
Name:Nigel Tufnel (I swear I thought of this before reading the list of suggestions
Medium:Film
Timeline:After a particularly unsuccessful gigi involving a stone henge model and some dwarves
Equipment and skills, if any: Gibson Les Paul '59, Awesome soloing skills, can turn it up to 11 (basically, very little practical skills)

Tufnel wakes on firm grass with his guitar beside him and his head bleeding.
"ouch" is his only response to this situation. That is until a man appears in the garden before him looking terrified and the front door of the house explodes in a maelstrom of wood and ivory.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:11 am UTC

((I will post soon, really I will))
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:00 pm UTC

As if the creatures behind him weren't enough, the situation in front of Jack was becoming even more confusing. Galen seemed to flicker before his eyes, looking almost like someone else for a brief second, before returning to his first form. Jack pointed at him, advancing.

"You...you just..."

He was unable to finish his sentence however, as a man appeared on the ground beneath his feet, and he tripped ungainly over him, falling to the ground.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

Triss Hawkeye wrote:"You...you just..."

Galen heard Jack start to speak, but before he could respond, a body materialises in the space in front of Jack. Not noticing it in time, Jack falls over it, and sprawls onto the ground. The newly materialised man hits his head as he falls a couple of inches to the ground, and it starts bleeding from a small cut. From inside, screams can be heard as the black creatures encountered the armour and the holodemons. Even so, the obstructions wouldn't hold them for long, the creatures attacking with such viciousness that the armour was soon forced to the ground, large teeth scraping across its hard surface. Galen's demons were faring little better, each was only able to stop one of the creatures, and there were just too many of them.
"Run!" Galen yelled, having spotted a narrow passage leading around the side of the house. Pausing only to grab Jack's hand, helping him up, he ran toward the passage. Thinking fast, he created a platform under the new arrival, lifting him about a foot off the ground, and made it speed after him.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 pm UTC

Jack began to stumble to his feet as Galen grabbed him and dragged him towards a passage around the side of the house. He could see it as a decent means of escape but it would just lead back to the front of the house again... Looking behind he saw the man he had just tripped over flying in midair behind him. He blinked and shook his head, facing the front. Sometime soon he would have to ask Galen to tell him all of his powers, if he would reveal them, just so he wouldn't be taken by surprise quite as much as this.

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

((
Questions. I have them.
Can we make decisions about the Izs and Nazis? There's a lot about them I don't know and my next move depends on whether we can control them or not. If so, please tell me and I will proceed accordingly. If not, please (MJ) be so kind as to answer the following unless you decline to because that's part of the game
- do Izs have any weaknesses? If so, what? In other words what can we do to save ourselves? This is a fair question I think since I simply don't know the comic they're from.
- are they out to kill us or each other?
- do they even exist or are they like the dog?
Thank you for your attention
))
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:10 pm UTC

((Yeah, it might be inconvenient if we had to wait for someone to direct the Isz or Nazis, as everything the characters do is mostly reactive to what the enemy does. Are the Nazis mindless droids or will they eventually break formation and exhibit individual initiative? Are the Isz and Nazis going to clash?))
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:56 pm UTC

I think the idea is that we take control of them when we want to - just so long as we don't do anything stupid with them, anything goes. Of course, I may be understanding this comepltely wrongly, we'll have to wait for MJ to respond before we can do anything else.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 am UTC

((There is a fair to reasonable chance that he has forgotten that this thread exists))
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 pm UTC

(All matters will be addressed, all questions will be allayed... uhm.... later. As I mentioned before, though, you can control the Nazis and Isz as you see fit, in regards to your character. More detail to come.)

Zak

Postby Zak » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:20 am UTC

Can i join in or am i too late?

my character would go something along the lines of an intelligent raptor without the ability to use language. Unfortunatly this is not from any existing media (that i am aware of) can i still do this?
*waggles eyebrows*

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:34 am UTC

((Uh...it's explicitly against the rules.
I guess it depends on how intelligent - there is the raptor from Jurassic Park, able to escape from cages but not likely to stop and ponder the meaning of the universe, and still driven by predatorial instinct. That might be okay. MJ?))
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:30 am UTC

(A Jurassic Park raptor would be.... interesting. I'll let you give it a shot!

Ok, reading posts, check back as I edit.)

1.) Welcome, Nigel! WOO!
2.) Isz basically just have to be killed. They are soft and squishy, but dangerous... land pirhannas.
3.) Isz eat anything that aren't them
4.) They exist, inasmuch as they are running around trying to kill you.
5.) The Nazis will act as a military unit, IE, recieving orders from the ranking officers, easily recognizeable at the rear echelon.
6.) There is no rule 6.

IC:

When Maxx and the soldier burst onto the street, they saw the Isz closer down one direction, and a couple blocks away, a large group of people, marching... definitely marching, the soldier recognized, even if he did not recognize what sort of military unit it was. About a block down, the other cadre of newcomers are busy trying to flee from some advancing clusters of Isz who had bounded ahead.

One leapt out of a tree, a slick, glossy black blob in the night. Before the soldier could cry warning to his frighteningly burly companion, Maxx's arm lashed out, the yellow claw (yes, it was definitely some sort of heavy claw!) smashing into the demonic beast. He watched, horrified, and it seemed to flow, like a gob of tar, onto the ground, teeth sticking out of the mass at odd angles.

"Beginner," Maxx grunted. He looked down the street, and judged the odds. He looked to the solider. "I'm heading away from the teeth. If one comes at you, just whack it as hard as you can, and run. If you're lucky, the others will stop to eat it."
Last edited by Mighty Jalapeno on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Zak

Postby Zak » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:38 am UTC

(So im good to go on the raptor? sweet 8) )
*waggles eyebrows*

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

((If MJ says it's good to go then give it a try, but I'm having a hard time imagining how you'll be able to interact with the other characters if you can't speak, and aren't that intelligent. It's going to take quite a lot of skill to manage it successfully - I'm speaking from experience of playing characters of a similar style that didn't work out. On another matter, this thread seems to be starting to die - keep it alive, people!))

How tasty is YOUR brain?

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 pm UTC

At a loss for what else to do, Peter stabbed at a couple of the things that had escaped the guardians - he would question his colleagues' abilities later - and was relieved to find that they could be defeated with relative ease. What they lacked in tough hide, though, they more than made up for with sheer number, and more were piling up at the door. The large teeth and eager slavering advertised their intentions loud and clear. A window shattered.

"We must get out of here!" he shouted at Daneel and pelted for the back door, only to arrive at a scene of further confusion involving Jack, the old man who resembled Galen, and yet another newcomer who seemed to be floating along, unconscious.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Zak

Postby Zak » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:54 pm UTC

(is it all right if i do it in omnipitent third person? i cant really think of how to portray everthing in first person...)

Character: Jurassic Park style raptor
Powers: Keen senses, ferocious tenacity.
Media: RL and Film
Timeline: In the prime of its life.

The Utahraptor went ghosting silently through the through the thick, lush, green, undergrowth, its insane, yellow eyes darting left and right, always searching, always hunting. With every lunging step its powerful leg muscles rippled under the hard sheen of its mottled dull-red and green scales. Its two massive claws were trembling, on the hairtrigger of readiness. The way it sprinted through the undergrowth led one's imagination to the ethereal, the way it made almost no sound, and how it moved without disturbing even the smallest of leaves.
Suddenly it burst into a small clearing, it leapt high over a fallen tree and skidded to a halt in the middle of the small open area. It crouched low, its long powerfull tail swishing from side to side, like a hunting cat ready to pounce. It opened its mouth slightly, revealing a mouth bristling full of razor sharp fangs. It emmited a slow almost inaudible noise, something like a dog growling, but far more sinister and evil. The raptor rotated slowly in a circle trying to locate the sound that had sparked its interest. Floating gently on the breeze the faint sound of many marching boots and a strange gibbering noise met the raptor. It swiveled its long powerful neck and pinpointed the potential source of prey. Just as it was about to lift up its left foot a blinding flash of light enveloped it, when the afterglow of the flash faded the raptor was nowhere to be seen.

------------------------
((sorry if my writing is horrible, i just woke up, i would appreciate any tips though!))
*waggles eyebrows*

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:19 pm UTC

((Actually it's the norm to do third person pov - easier for everyone to determine which character is in which post. Just try not to control another person's character or godmode and you should be good.))
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Zak

Postby Zak » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:21 pm UTC

(oops i ment third person limited omnipitence, as in limited only to my char.)
*waggles eyebrows*

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:14 am UTC

"Where to then, Galen?" Jack asked, retrieving his arm from Galen's grip. "We need somewhere quiet where we can figure out our abilities. And don't forget, there are Nazis on the road in from as well as...whatever they were." He gave an involuntary shudder.

"What we need is some sort of bunker," he muttered. "Somewhere those things won't be able to get into, or undergound where they wouldn't notice. Although I'm not sure how much intelligence we can credit them with."

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:39 pm UTC

"From the way they chewed through that door, wherever we go's going to have to have some pretty thick walls are metal doors. I don't know how strong they are, but there are far too many of them to fight off." Galen paused to think for a moment. "How about the local police station? That should have some form of secure area where we can have space to think. All we've got to do is find it."

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:06 pm UTC

"I was thinking along the lines of a proper presidential nuclear bunker, or a maximum security prison, maybe even a military base with weapons as well, but in this place I guess a police station will have to do," Jack replied looking around. He called back softly to Peter and Sydney. "Hey, I don't suppose you saw a police station or anything somewhere?"

All he had seen himself was what seemed to be 1950s suburbia - he was beginning to entertain the idea that this wasn't his own world at all, since everyone else seemed to have come from somewhere else. However Galen had heard of a police station. He was probably from a world similar to Jack's own, but with better technology or, he forced himself to admit, magic.

Zak

Postby Zak » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:38 pm UTC

The raptor thumped akwardly to the ground, landing on its right side. As soon as it appeared on the side of a road three of the Isz broke off of the main group and started towards it, leaping rolling and bouncing off of each other like some insane juggling act. The raptor saw all of this and calculated it in its reptillian mind, what to do. In the split second before the Isz make it to the raptor, without gettin up, the raptor lashed out with one of its back legs, slashing and tearing the foremost Isz almost in half, a viscous bluish fluid spattered everywhere. It then translated the momentum of its leg in order to give it enough momentum to get up. In the split second it took to stand up the other two Isz had closed and opened their slobbering mouths wide, they didn't understand it was already over.

As the Isz leaped high the raptor dived back down on the ground, rolled on its back and slashed open the two Isz's stomachs in midair, slicing cleanly through their squishy bodies. The raptor rolled back onto its legs and padded swiftly to where the three bodies were piled neatly together, the raptor took one sniff and decided that that it would not be a good idea to eat their blue-black flesh. It needed something all together more fleshy to sate its hunger. It looked around and noticed the strange upright mammals wrapped in cloth.

Yes, they would do.
*waggles eyebrows*

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:16 pm UTC

"Did you just see...?" Jack muttered. Blinking, he realised that yes, he had just seen a raptor, and yes it was looking in their direction. "Son of a bitch. I don't know what's worse, those blue things or that..." He grabbed his gun, pointing it at the raptor and about to fire when he thought. "Hey," he whispered, freezing. "Do they go away if we stand really, really still?"

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:40 pm UTC

Hearing Jack speak, Galen looked around. Seeing nothing, he used his sensors to see what had spooked Jack so. Hidden in the grass a short way away was some sort of creature. Without being able to see it, he couldn't tell what it was, but its behavior suggested that it wasn't one of the Isz. Stopping deathly still, he kept watch on the creatures location, ready to defend himself if it should prove necessary. Thinking to confuse it, he dropped the illusion around himself. He knew that this would also confuse Jack, but he trusted that there would be time enough to explain later, and Jack could cope with the surprise until then.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

ASmileWithoutACat

Postby ASmileWithoutACat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:44 pm UTC

((Sorry, weird stuff happening. I'm back for the moment, though...))

As the door collapsed under the creatures' assault, the group broke in confusion; out of the corner of his eye, Sydney saw Galen and Jack make for the back door. In the moment he had, Sydney drew his sword and focused his concentration- Daneel and Rav had yet to flee, and the door looked perilously close to breaking behind the barricades.

In the next instant, it collapsed with a crash and the things began to tear their way past the furniture. The barricade was consumed or thrown aside with a terrifying ferocity as the black mass rolled in. His dark crusader and the buzzing things that he had sensed Galen... creating, somehow- like a summoning, but without the use of magick- moved to stop the creatures. They held back a few, but the crusader was too slow and the flickering thing too few to stop them for long. Somewhere in the confusion, Sydney felt the tug at his stomach he was beginning to recognize as the sorcery of whoever controlled this place. Weaker every time, a disinterested voice in his head put in. Did that mean that the other's power was weakening, or just its ill effects on him?

He had no time to consider, though, as a few, and then a great number, of the blue-black things bounded past the crusader to leap at him, teeth flashing. His sword clove them neatly, but he couldn't move fast enough to stop them all. Across the room, he saw Rav do the same for a moment, then run for the door. The monsters were pressing Sydney into a corner- giving up on his sword, he raised his free hand, summoning blasts of fire and light that drove them back a bit, but even that was not enough. He reached the edge of the room nearest the back door, but Daneel was still there. Sydney considered abandoning him, but decided to take his chances against the beasts a moment longer. Turning his full attention back to them, he saw the crusader pulled down into the mass, and Galen's flying helpers still flitting in and out of the dark, toothy flood.

A moment, but he couldn't keep flinging spells at this rate forever, and his sword arm was already wearing out...

"Run, Daneel."
You know it's all beginning
To feel like pretending...

Happy yesterday to all!

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

((Zohar!! Please post sometime in the near future?))
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:19 pm UTC

Unless he's forgotten about the thread. Try a PM.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 pm UTC

Jack was more ready for something unusual this time, but he still flinched away from Galen involuntarily as the same thing happened that had happened when Galen had tried to jump over the fence, only this time it stayed. His appearance seemed to drop away, revealing someone else underneath, as if it had only been a disguise. Hell, it probably had been all along.

"Dammit, Galen, if you did that deliberately at least give me some warning next time," Jack hissed through gritted teeth, realising that his movement may have alerted the raptor to their presence and turning back to the creature, gun aimed at its head.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

Stupid me... Isz in a video! Also, if someone wants to see Maxx in the near future, that's cool...

IC:

Maxx could only stand and stare as the soldier, whatever his name was, stood stock still. Two clumps of Isz were coming around the house, hopping and gibbering. Down the street one way there were more Isz, down the other way were other smaller clumps, but they seemed to be avoiding the freaking Nazi party, which was VERY suspicious...

"Well, Nazis are suspicious anyways, especially Nazis in a town set after the Nazis disbanded, especially Nazis in an American down, and especially Nazis walking towards ME, but the fact that, despite Isz and Nazis being together at last, the Isz weren't killing the Nazis."

He paused.

"I said all that out loud, didn't I?"

He reached out, and with an arm the size of a small tree trunk, gripped the solider, picked him up, and started heading down the street. "Thank... me.... later..." he grunted as he lumbered.

Zak

Postby Zak » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:45 am UTC

The raptor crouched down as it saw a flash of light off of the shiny tube that the strange food was holding, blending in perfectly to the tall grass. The tube seemed to have some significance, but the raptor could not understand it, and as such disregarded it. It was about to start forward when the other mammal turned around, and suddenly transformed into something else. The raptor flinched slightly as this happend but then realized that the mammal had not changed much and still did not appear to be much of a threat.

The raptor started to pad slowly forward, staying low to the ground and moving without a sound.
*waggles eyebrows*

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:28 pm UTC

Galen 'saw' the raptor pause when he dropped his illusion, but then continue on. He thanked his lucky stars that Jack had noticed it, for it was moving silently and he would have been hard pressed to have seen it. Hearing Jack's exclamation of surprise, Galen said, "Jack, it's coming to attack. Keep your gun trained on it, I'll try and frighten it away."

With these words, Galen concentrated, visualising a blank screen in his mind. Upon it, he imposed the equation that would generate a ball of fire in the air in front of him. Keeping that in his thoughts, he imposed the equation of motion that would send it hurtling towards the raptor. He had no intention of killing the raptor - hopefully it would help them indirectly by picking off a few of the nazis or Isz, but he wanted it to know that attacking him would be a stupid idea. The speed at which he sent it was not inconsiderable, but he knew that the creature's lightning reflexes would enable it to dodge the flaming projectile. While the first fireball was in motion, he conjured another two in front of him, hovering, ready to be commanded.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

Ok ok, I'm going to join in!

I'll wait to be confirmed before joining in but here's the basics:

Name:Marvin
Medium:Radio Play, Book, Audio Book, Computer Game, Comic, Illustrated Book, Movie, illegally copied DVDs of said movie, Novelty toothbrush, etc
Timeline:Sometime after Resteraunt at the end of the universe but before god's final message to his creation.
Equipment and skills, if any:Brain the size of a planet, pain in all the diodes down his left size, prototype GPP (Genuine People Personality)

ImageImage

(while this is the marvin from the books timeline he does in my head look like the marvin from the film, even though the film was a bit nob)

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

((YAY, MARVIN!))

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:36 pm UTC

((Woah, Marvin! This is going to awesome!))

Everyone knew what raptors looked like. Think of Jurassic Park. They were also portrayed as quite big then. A bit of a scary thing to meet in a dark alley, or even in broad daylight.

But of course, you don't really believe that you'll meet one in your life, ever. Of course not.

"Damn it," Jack muttered, watching as the beast moved forward. He'd seen bombs and all sorts of biological and chemical weapons in action, but this was just as terrifying. He focussed his attention on keeping the gun aimed at the creature's head, standing perfectly still.

He also tried to keep half an eye on Galen, which was a good thing, since he barely twitched when the other man closed his eyes and summoned a ball of fire that flew towards the dinosaur. He mentally gave a sigh of relief. Maybe him and Galen together wouldn't be so much of a problem after all.

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 am UTC

*CRASH*

Marvin slammed into the road hard, a small dent concaving on the back of his head.

"What now.." the low groaning tones of robotic voice.

All of a sudden came the sound of 100 steel toe capped (and highly polished) boots coming to a halt.

"Oh, hello. I bet you don't know where you are do you, no no. I expect not. Here I am, brain the size of a planet, pulled to the other side of the universe and I'm thrown down in front of a scene from an old war holoflic. No no, don't think to help me up I'm ok by myself, I'll be fine. I don't suppose you'd even like me to tell you where you are, never mind. You wouldn't enjoy it if I did. I know and I'm miserable. Oh GOD I'm so depressed, not that I know why I say it, i doubt he's even listening. God i mean, that is if he really exists, and even if he does I dare say he's hiding, I mean wouldn't you if you'd created all this I mean look at it it's all so very depressing. Even now, I bet that raising your gun like that isn't giving you any satisfaction at all is it, shooting me won't make you feel better you kno.."

*BANG*
The lead Sgt Nazi fired his gun directly towards Marvin's head. A split second later it grazed off the front metal casing, careering off at an odd angle.

"You see, i told you it wouldn't make you feel any better. They built me to last, 'near indestructible' they said, with a 'genuine person personality' they said, smug bastards, ghastly isn't it. Don't let me stop you, I'm sure you have more interesting things to do, I don't want to be getting you down, i'm not getting you down am I? I wouldn't like to think I was being a bother..."

clockworkmonk
I'm on a horse!

Postby clockworkmonk » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:04 pm UTC

Looking At Janeway, Doc Eon says, "First things first, we should get to safety. If they find us, we're dead. But if we find them? Well, we can give them something to remember. I could simply make them fear us, but that would probably backfire on me. And when things that I do go wrong, they really go wrong. If I can hide what I do in some other form, something tangible, something believable, reality will let me get away with a little more."

Do you have any protection? Any way to prevent harm? Or perhaps something that can easily inspire fear?
418 I'm a teapot

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

Janeway was starting to get used to the way he spoke, flitting from thought to incredible thought, but only starting. She set aside his more incredible statements for later... translation.

"Yes, you're right. We should try to get to safety. I have no idea what is outside. I don't even know that they are real Nazis, or that they mean us harm. These are exceptional circumstances, I know, but the Starfleet directives are there for a reason and... well... I'd rather not hurt anyone I don't need to. We need to check the back door...

Janeway returned to the living room after a few seconds. "Well I don't think we're going to get out that way. I... I... I'll tell you about it later but I think we had better move!"

The sight of a pulsating, chittering black ocean rolling up the hill towards them, crashing through the obstacles of back yard fences and the back doors of houses in the streets behind and next to them, would take a lot more time to explain than she estimated they had time for before they were surrounded on either side. The army outside was moving more slowly, more purposefully; they were more predictable. There were many unknowns, but not as many as presented by what she had just seen.

"Let it suffice to say that the front door looks like the better option. But we can't just walk out there! We need some kind of distraction."

"To answer your question, I have my phaser, a directed-energy weapon - it has limited power but it can pack a punch. And the tricorder that I told you about. The tricorder's only use in this situation might be as a power source. As for inspiring fear, I might be able to... hmm... Doctor, What exactly did you mean by hiding what you do? What... tangible form do you have in mind? And how much can... " she hesitated for a moment, "you slip past reality!?"

Return to “Forum Games”