Anywhere, USA (Part 2)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Re: Anywhere, USA (Part 2)

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:02 am UTC

((Or a huge horde of Jaffa...))
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:03 am UTC

Jack saw energy bursts falling from the sky hitting his enemies behind him. Turning around, he equipped one of the staff weapons and fired a levelling field of fire, taking out 7 mor Jaffa. He picked up the other staff weapon, and climber a fire escape to the top of a nearby building. Dropping the staffs on the roof, he pulled out his rifle and looked through the scope. Seeing Carter and the doc, he turned back to the Jaffa and picked off 6 more. Picking up the staffs again, he leapt to an adjacent rooftop, making his way toward the boat. The staffs were getting heavy, carrying one in each hand, so he radiod carter.

"Carter, meet me 2 blocks southwest of your location, these staffs are heavy."

Carter took the wheel of the boat, and pulled a 180 degree turn. Throttling the boat, and making sure to avoid telephone poles, and moored the vessel at the base of the specified building. There were two thumps, and Carter turned around to see 2 staff weapons. A louder thump sounded, and she turned back to see Jack at the .50 CAL gunery placement at the bow.

"Take us back to the depot Carter, Vegeta's there, we need to lay down suppressive fire."
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?
kapojinha wrote:You're amazing, which is why I'm going to marry you.

Angua wrote:coordinated baby attacks

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 am UTC

((Vegeta doesn't know Riddick has the 2-star one.))

Riddick flew in, and noticed Vegeta was attacking the guys with staffs.

"Hey Vegeta, want to see how many of these guys we can take out. I bet you can't take out 20 of them with one blast!"

Riddick fired his rail guns at the creatures, and they were dropping like flies, each one falling after the other.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:16 am UTC

As chaos is being reigned upon them, Ba'al points up to a flying man holding a golden orb. His eyes flash and his voice deepens.

"JAFFA, CRIE!"

Understanding his command, the Jaffa redirected their fire at the flying person, attempting to shoot him down, or to dislodge the orb from his grasp.
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 am UTC

<Riddick>

Riddick maneuvered around, taking out entire divisions with some machine gun bursts, but then something caught his eye. Riddick's eyes were able to see what no-one else could see... there was a dragonball behind the stargate.

"This is going to be fun."

Thenzon

Postby Thenzon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:50 am UTC

A blast rocketed past Vegeta's shoulder, barely missing him.
"WHOA! These guys are better equipped then I thought!"
Moving at super-speed so the creatures couldnt track him, Vegeta flew round them in circles, stopping every so often to fire a single blast before resuming the circle path. It appeared to someone who couldnt follow the movements that the blasts were coming from all sides.
The creatures began to spin and turn erratically to try and see the location of Vegeta.
"HAHAHA!" Vegeta laughed. "Now, lets see how they do in hand-to-hand combat!"
Vegeta appeared in the middle of the group of creatures.
"Over here!" he shouted at them. Vegeta assumed a battle-ready stance, and beckoned for one of the creatures to fight him.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:56 am UTC

<Riddick>
Riddick flew towards the enemy, and was struck by a rocket. Spinning out of control, Riddick bagged his Dragon ball, and some weapons, and jumped, ambushing an unsuspecting Jaffa.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:01 am UTC

At that moment, Ba'al fired a single shot of his zat n'ikitel, hitting Vegeta. Veeta fell to the grouns, paralyzed by the shot. A Jaffa ran and grabbed the orb. Ba'al examined it, then activated his personal shield. Walking off with the orb, he pressed a second button on his wrist device, and the gate opened. Through the gate came a Death Glider. It came to rest at Ba'al's feet, he climbed in, and it took off toward the inner town. As the Jaffa approached Vegeta, the effects of the zat n''ikitel wore off.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Tigerlion » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:04 am UTC

<Yoshi>

Yoshi sped across the town, sniffing out the scent of battle.

He raised his lizardly head, and saw Riddick blasting some Jaffa from above. He Jumped into the fray, and tore out the throats of the men along the way.

((Edit: I was semi-ninja'd. Still works.))

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:13 am UTC

<Riddick>

Riddick took out his daggers, and began hacking and slashing at the Jaffa. He noticed one of them get away on a vehicle towards town.

"After this, I'll fix my skiff and get after him."

Riddick turned, and quickly outpaced Vegeta.

Thenzon

Postby Thenzon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:53 am UTC

((Gah, stop controlling Vegeta with your outpacing and your blast-hittering!))

A blast came from one of the creatures that looked bigger than the others. It knocked Vegeta to the ground, the Dragonball he was holding rolled out of his hand.
The leader took the ball and fled. "DAMN!" Vegeta said as he picked himself up. "All right, I've had enough! HAAAAAAAAAAA!"
A huge field of energy engulfed the majority of the creatures and exploded, sending debris flying in all directions.
As the smoke cleared, all that was left was a large crater, with Vegeta hovering over the middle.
"There, now to get my Dragonball back!" Vegeta said, breathing heavily.
He spotted the leader in the distance and flew after him.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:58 am UTC

((Sorry, I had no choice, you kinda weren't there! And it's not a blast so much as a space-tazer kinda thing.))

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:11 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:She walked down the stairs, which didn't creak at all, thankfully, and walked straight into the room she'd left the others in. "Hey, guys, I found a Dragonball" she joked.

Nny had been twitching and edging for the door for the last few minutes, when he heard the strange Australian girl cease her walkabout and come down the stairs.

"Gyyyerk!" he choked out, startled at the creaking stairs. He tried to press himself against the drywall, but it didn't seem to be working so well. His eyes, though, fell upon the orange ball, and he blinked. It...

... it was so out of place. Everything here was standard, banal 1950's America, the upper rectal shelf of historical culture; it struggled mightily to hold the crap back, but soon the 1950's would give way, and become the world he knew so well... so well...

And that orange orb did not fit.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 am UTC

((GAh!))
Arthur turns towards Frog,
"What did you say that big star was called?" he asked, "I want to see if there's anything useful on it in the guide."

Frog looked grim,
"If I'm right, then 'tis Lavos, a dastardly beast. It absorbs the... Ge-ne-tic... code of all the creatures of a planet it inhabits, after burrowing under it's crust..."

Frog sat at the ship's helm and barely noticed the people passing by. He held little faith in these... "Dragon balls" and was meditating on his own concerns...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

blakat1313

Postby blakat1313 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 pm UTC

Arthur quickly enters "Lavos" into the guide,
"It doesn't look like there's anything in here on it," he says, "but you said it was alive, right? That means it must be able to die, we just need to figure out how."

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 pm UTC

<Jack Sparrow>

"Frog, mate, how much do you want to kill him?"

Jack took out his compass.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:14 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:<Jack Sparrow>

"Frog, mate, how much do you want to kill him?"

Jack took out his compass.
Frog shudders,
"To face that beast once more? Nay, I'd face it only if I must..."
He glanced about and realised his situation,
"Mayhaps I must... Even if there art no people here, Lavos wouldst bury itself, and arise in... I know not how long, but the world wouldst be put to wrath and ruin and despair..."
blakat1313 wrote:Arthur quickly enters "Lavos" into the guide,
"It doesn't look like there's anything in here on it," he says, "but you said it was alive, right? That means it must be able to die, we just need to figure out how."

"Lavos' tru weakness is the Magic arts..."
Frog brought his palms together and raised them to the sky, a bubble of water formed above his head, he brought his hands to point across the ship and the water floated away, before bursting and falling into the waves beneath,
"This is Magic, though only of a minor form, the weakest, if I may say... Masamune is a mystic blade howe'er, and it's energies art strong."
He shrugged,
"Lavos dies from steel like any beast, 'tis simply a difficult task, one I have only accomplished with mine allies..."

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:26 pm UTC

<Jack Sparrow>

"Listen mate, ye really want to defeat this Lavos. To do this, you must have yer blade... thing. I'll tell ye what. This compass, it doesn't point north..."

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

On their way to the depot, Carter and Jack spotted the Death Glider approaching them fast.

<Jack>
"Doc! Take post here at the .50 Cal. Line the target up in your sights, aim about ... 20 feet ahead of the target, and queeze this trigger, I have to find our RPG."

Checking below deck, where the excess supplies had been stored, he could not find an RPG. What he DID find, were explosive barrels used to combat submarines. Having an idea, he rolled 2 to the back of the boat.

"Carter! Get us a quarter mile ahead of that thing!"

Carter made a hard 90 degree turn and jutted out for the obviously intended course of the death glider. As she passed a building on either side, a bottleneck the glider was sure to pass thorugh, Jack kicked the 2 barrels off the back. Grabbing onto the fire escape of a nearby building, he hopped off with his pack and rifle. He contacted Carter over the radio.

"Carter, Vegeta, listen up. I deployed explosive barrels at this bottleneck at the corner of Main and Everett streets. Vegeta, chase down the glider, force it to enter the bottleneck. Carter, bring the boat about and have McNinja positioned to fire at the craft. I'll see what I can do about those barrels."

As the Death Glider approached, the sunset sky was illuminated by fire from the .50 CAL machine gun on the bow of the PT Boat. The Glider, trying to dodge the firepower, didn't detect the submerged explosives ahead. When the glider was 50 feet away, Jack shot at one barrel, detonating it and the second barrel. The detonation caused a massive spray of water to shoot up from the flooded streets, engulfing the Glider. With the added weight and friction of the water, Ba'al lost control of the craft, and jettisoned a half second before the glider crashed into a flooded vacant house.

"Vegeta, you've got good eyes. Did you see if he had your Dragonball with him when he jettisoned?"

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 am UTC

<Riddick>

Riddick fought off many of the enemies coming from the portal, but realized that there were too many for him, even at his pace. He had to reach the ball behind the gate. Then Riddick had an idea.

Riddick kneeled down, and with a shout, unleashed the wrath of the Furyans. A blue light emited from his body, and all the Jaffa nearby. Riddick made a rbeak for the Dragon ball, which had one star on it, and started heading back to his skiff, in hopes that it wasn't to damaged to float.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am UTC

Vieto wrote:<Jack Sparrow>

"Listen mate, ye really want to defeat this Lavos. To do this, you must have yer blade... thing. I'll tell ye what. This compass, it doesn't point north..."

((Um... I already have it, This is Endgame Frog.))
Frog nodded and drew the legendary blade,
"Masamune shall be of great use, but perhaps 'tis not enough..."

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:28 am UTC

<Jack Sparrow>

Jack Sparrow pocketed the compass.

"Ok, mate. Would an undead monkey help?"

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:31 am UTC

Frog shrugged,
"Possibly, I'm willing to accept 'ere anything at the moment."

((I think we need another character or something to move this along...))

blakat1313

Postby blakat1313 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:07 am UTC

((time for another Grimace?))
"We should see if there are any stores around that aren't flooded" Arthur suggests, "There's bound to be something useful in them."

Thenzon

Postby Thenzon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 am UTC

Vegeta followed the leader as he jumped out of the crashed glider. He chased him down until they reached a dead end.
"Game over!" Vegeta said as he began punching and kicking the leader repeatedly. The leader fought back, landing a few punches to Vegeta's gut and head.
Vegeta powered up and punched the leader in the head over and over again.
When he had beaten the leader into unconsciousness, he searched it for the Dragonball he had taken. "Damn, it's not here. Oh well."
He stepped back and fired an energy blast at the body, disintegrating it.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:30 pm UTC

<Dragon Ball list>
((Riddick: 1, 2))
((Jack/Carter: 6, 7))
((In the water: 4))
(Ellie: either 3 or 5))
((MIA: either 3, 5))
*edited to include ellie.

Maseiken wrote:((I think we need another character or something to move this along...))

((I think we need a proper villain to move this along. Lavos will kind of make a nice villain, when he gets here. Unfortunately, 2 characters is my limit, so unless I get rid of one, I won't make a 3rd))

<Jack Sparrow>

Jack looked at Arthur.

"Pillage and looting, ye say? I'm beginning to like you. Lets go!"

And Jack Sailed the ship to the nearby shopping district.

"Ok, this looks like a good place to dock me ship. We'll use the rowbot to get to the bazaars down there."

Jack aproached the row boat.
Last edited by Vieto on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:34 pm UTC

(And, you know, the Dragonball Ellie has).

myrrh7x

Postby myrrh7x » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

((At this moment, I'm imagining Seta just lurking around, listening to the everyone else =/))
"I'll come help."
Seta climbed into the row boat.
"Anyone else?"

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:03 pm UTC

((Right))

<Riddick>

Riddick reached the skiff, and found it partially in the water. Riddick pushed it all the way in, took a gun from the gunrack inside, and turned on the skiff. The skiff was too damaged to fly, but it could still float, and it's engines, while not at full power, would still be able to work. Riddick fired at the Jaffa, and moved his skiff behind a nearby building. Riddick looked at his 2 dragon balls, and stored them in the back. He then went on to make some repairs to his skiff. He noticed a 2-story hardware store nearby, and drifted his skiff into it. Riddick Proceeded to make repairs. Once finished, floated his new skiff out, only to discover that the Jaffa were building a perimeter around the stargate.

"Great. well, I better lay below the building level for a while. This could get ugly."

And Riddick set off across the 'canals'

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:25 am UTC

((Where is everyone?))

scrovak wrote:As the Death Glider approached, the sunset sky was illuminated by fire from the .50 CAL machine gun on the bow of the PT Boat. The Glider, trying to dodge the firepower, didn't detect the submerged explosives ahead. When the glider was 50 feet away, Jack shot at one barrel, detonating it and the second barrel. The detonation caused a massive spray of water to shoot up from the flooded streets, engulfing the Glider. With the added weight and friction of the water, Ba'al lost control of the craft, and jettisoned a half second before the glider crashed into a flooded vacant house.

<Jack Sparrow>

"Ok, mate lets... Barnacles!"

Jack had looked up to see an explosion a few blocks down, and a craft crash into a nearby building, with a humanoid jettisoning clutching an orange sphere. The creature face planted into a building, and was obviously too injured to run away, or swim.

"New plan. Lets take the orange orb from that creature over there."

And Jack jumped into the water, swimming towards the building the creature landed on.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:38 am UTC

Jack ripped off his pack and weapons. Pulling a plastic bag from his pack, he sealed his sidearm in it, pocketed it, and grabbed the radio.

"I'm about to dive in looking for the missing dragonball. Before I do, I need a status report on everyone!"

<Carter>

"The doctor and I are a little wet, but alright. Be advised sir, there is a man in a pirate outfit swimming your way. Slowly. And it looked like Vegeta just did us a favor and umm.... For lack of a better word, DUSTED Ba'al."

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:48 am UTC

Frog sighed,
"Clearly I must show mine own hand in this matter if we art to proceed."
He dived smoothly into the water and pushed himself forward with strong, confident strokes, shooting through the water as he summoned his power to influence the swirls and eddying currents around him to propel him forward, skimming gracefully through the water and scanning the floor under the water for the orange ball.

((I think we can assume that a Frog with magical water powers gets there first.))

Spying a glint at the bottom, he surged down and snatched it up, surfacing and looking around to get his bearings on the ship.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:06 pm UTC

<Jack Sparrow>
Jack, who had given up when Frog passed him, climbed back onto the ship.

"Good mate. Now lets look for supplies."

Jack lowered the rowboat into the water, with everyone who wanted to help.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 pm UTC

((Ok, 48 hours later...)
<Riddick>

Riddick decided it was safe to go above the city buildings. Once above the buildings, he used his radar to locate Jack and Carter, as well as Dr. McNinja. Riddick saw Vegeta, so he figured he was close.

Riddick landed on the water next to Carter and Dr. McNinja.

"Did I miss anything? I was a little caught up with those... Things. They've built a base, but I think we should deal with them when the time comes. Anything I should know about?

Riddick looked at his skiff, and looked up. The fiery ball in the sky was almost upon them. He figured that there was no way they would have all the dragon balls by the time it reached them. And if this was a meteor, there was no hope of escaping the blast, then or now. Riddick looked on his radar. There was a feint blip on the screen, which he presumed was the meteor. What confused him, however, was that it wasn't as big as a meteor emitting so much light should be. He looked puzzled at the radar.

myrrh7x

Postby myrrh7x » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 pm UTC

((Where oh where did everyone go?))

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

((I don't know. I posted Riddick's part to see if I could get some people to remember.))

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

(Nny seems to have scared away everyone in his house)

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:((Ok, 48 hours later...)
<Riddick>

Riddick decided it was safe to go above the city buildings. Once above the buildings, he used his radar to locate Jack and Carter, as well as Dr. McNinja. Riddick saw Vegeta, so he figured he was close.

Riddick landed on the water next to Carter and Dr. McNinja.

"Did I miss anything? I was a little caught up with those... Things. They've built a base, but I think we should deal with them when the time comes. Anything I should know about?

Riddick looked at his skiff, and looked up. The fiery ball in the sky was almost upon them. He figured that there was no way they would have all the dragon balls by the time it reached them. And if this was a meteor, there was no hope of escaping the blast, then or now. Riddick looked on his radar. There was a feint blip on the screen, which he presumed was the meteor. What confused him, however, was that it wasn't as big as a meteor emitting so much light should be. He looked puzzled at the radar.

((I see, you've advanced it along. Good man.))

Mcninja looked gloomily up to the sky.
"You know, I thought it would have hit days ago. How strange that its slowed down."

((MaJ if I have to, I'll introduce a second character to help you out.))

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

<Riddick>

Riddick left his skiff, and looked up. his eyes saw something no other eye would see...

It wasn't a meteor up in the sky, it looked kind of different.

"Guys, I don't think it's a meteor on our hands..."

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

"What is it, then?" Mcninja asked.

Return to “Forum Games”