Mega-City Heroes - An Anywhere USA Spinoff

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Dashiva33

Mega-City Heroes - An Anywhere USA Spinoff

Postby Dashiva33 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

What's this you ask?

Tis a new-ish forum game - Anywhere USA, but with a twist.

Each person who plays introduces their character - a manifestation of themselves (so not using a pre-existing character from a series, like Anywhere does). Each character has one specific Heroes-esque ability, including but not limited to:

Telekinesis
Flight
Radiation manipulation
Invisibility
Healing
Phasing
Pyrokinesis
Hydrokinesis
Cryokinesis
Variable deduction
Eidetic Memory
Super speed
Super strength
Enhanced hearing
Augmented strength (I.e. strength amplified through fear, etc)
Melting
Alchemy
Teleportation/Manipulation of the Space-Time Continuum

The story goes like this:

These characters have been pulled from their normal lives into one environment - the Mega-City - to find they each have an ability. They must ascertain why and how they are there, and also attempt to navigate encounters with various NPCs inside the world (controlled by myself and a couple of others as moderators).
The moderators will introduce new plot elements to the story, in addition to any that are introduced by players, which will be especially handy if plot ideas end up going stale.

The Rules

- You do not talk about Fight Club
- No-one is allowed to possess any of the following abilities - Intuitive aptitude (Sylar), empathic mimicry (Peter Petrelli), power absorption (Arthur Petrelli), power negation, precognition, telepathy, rapid cellular regeneration and memory removal
- NO GOD-MODING...allow the story to develop and don't always make yourself unbeatable
- No-one but myself and the game mods are allowed to control the NPCs at any time
- Each character must be an original one based on yourself - no characters from pre-existing mediums (including text, radio, television, movies or any other form of multimedia) can be used
- Each character may only possess one ability, and these cannot be changed once chosen (negating certain things like a plot element changing someone's power or something similar to that)
- No more than 3 different people can choose the same ability (with the exception of 4 for telekinesis) - sorry, but not all of you can have pyrokinesis
- NPC abilities and player abilities chosen are seperate - an NPC with flight does not mean only 2 players can then choose flight, as NPC abilities are outside the norm. NPCs may also have 2 or 3 abilities at once
- NPCs can either aid or hinder your progress through the story - certain actions will make them allies, whilst others will turn them into combatants

One tip I'd give is not to stay in one big group - it'll make the story stagnant rather quickly.

To start yourself off, give the following:

Name: (you can feel free to make up your own name if using your real name is an uncomfortable option)
Character bio:

Alright, let's get started - I'll be introducing my character and 2 NPCs to start:

Name: Chris
Power: Telekinesis
Character bio: Chris is an ex-HSC student, a massive nerd and a frequenter of Batman comics. He currently works as an intern in the entertainment industry, and plans to attend university in 2010.

NPCS

Name: Jason Devlin
Power: Pyrokinesis and radiation manipulation
Character bio: Jason is a psychopathic killer dragged into the Mega-City from the Tennessee State Prison, wanted on several counts of homicide and murder. He is classified as clinically unstable and easily provoked.

Name: Harvey Lucas
Power: Super strength, eidetic memory and variable deduction
Character bio: Harvey is a well-learned and patient man from the west of Australia. Formerly a criminal lawyer, Harvey has been pulled into the Mega-City from his going-away party.

THE STORY BEGINS

Chapter One - Exogenesis

The pull was sudden, like a tug from behind that jerked Chris suddenly backwards. At first he'd been in his room, reading an e-mail from his new employer, and the next he was sitting in the middle of an empty road that resembled some part of metropolitan Tokyo. Giant colourful electronic billboards greeted his gaze at every side, and the street appeared as it would if it were inhabited, with all the lights and electrical functions operating normally.
Why then was the city deserted?
Chris stood, brushed the ground dirt from his jacket and made his way down the road, calling out for anyone nearby.

Camoninja

Re: Mega-City Heroes - An Anywhere USA Spinoff

Postby Camoninja » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:12 pm UTC

I'd like to play, but I have a couple of questions before I start:
What is variable deduction?
Also, don't you think that manipulation of the space time continuum is a little unfair? Time travel, which is basically what it is from what I can tell, seems like a little too much of a godlike power to have. If anything bad happens, it doesn't, because you've already one back and fixed it. I do think that teleportation would be a good power, though.
And, can the characters have other equipment if we want? So for instance, could I be transported to the city while holding my gun? Or knife?
And, do the characters have to be from a modern time period, or can they be from anytime?
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent- Isaac Asimov

...Space, with nothing on top, nothing on the bottom, and a lot of empty nothings between... falling in the middle of nothing, on the way to no particular night and no particular morning.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Tigerlion » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:57 pm UTC

Good questions, that.

And by Heroes, you mean something from the Television show, don't you? Because I think any sort of Hero might be more popular.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 pm UTC

I think the idea works best with just a heroes/4400 television show type hero - it's about how you react to your new power, not about running around blowing shit up.

Camoninja wrote:I'd like to play, but I have a couple of questions before I start:
What is variable deduction?
Also, don't you think that manipulation of the space time continuum is a little unfair? Time travel, which is basically what it is from what I can tell, seems like a little too much of a godlike power to have. If anything bad happens, it doesn't, because you've already one back and fixed it. I do think that teleportation would be a good power, though.
And, can the characters have other equipment if we want? So for instance, could I be transported to the city while holding my gun? Or knife?
And, do the characters have to be from a modern time period, or can they be from anytime?

I agree that time travel is a bit powerful. Equipment-wise, I would assume if you carry it around with you most of the time, you can have it. Lastly, your character is YOU. So, probably from about, ooh, November 2008?

Sorry if I'm stepping on mod-toes.
Now that that's out of the way:
Name: Chris
Power: Bioelectricity - Can control electric fields, allowing him to disrupt electrical devices, and cause pain in living creatures.
Bio: Chris is a 2nd year Maths undergrad from south England.
Image:
Spoiler:

Intro:
"Bloody buses are never on time", he grumbled to himself as the cathedral bells rang out. "They say every six minutes, but I've been standing here for quarter of an hour! Oh, look, here they come, three at once. Typical." Pulling out his bus pass, he rose from the seat, and began to walk towards the stop. He was only halfway there when he felt something grab him from behind. Jerking his elbow back to try and dislodge his attacker, he felt it pass through a cold, barely resisting form, and the world went black. When the light came back on, he found himself standing in the middle of an empty road, with bright signs all around. Hearing a voice calling out, he looked more carefully. Yes, there was someone out here! He was starting to wonder where everyone was. "Over here!", he called back. "Where are we?"
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 pm UTC

I think you make up the hero... based on yourself
Dashiva33 wrote:- Each character must be an original one based on yourself - no characters from pre-existing mediums (including text, radio, television, movies or any other form of multimedia) can be used

Dashiva33 wrote:(you can feel free to make up your own name if using your real name is an uncomfortable option)

Name: Peter
Powers: telekinesis
Character bio: Goes to HS, intelligent, like long walks on the beach (and I mean long! Bring a tent), nerd.

Peter had been posting on Xkcd, when suddenly, the screen turned black. Peter blinked, and was suddenly on top of a tall building.
"What... the... heck am I doing up here?"
Last edited by Vieto on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:47 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:Name: Peter
Powers: Power Absorbtion (The power to absorb powers from people he meets)
Character bio: Goes to HS, intelligent, like long walks on the beach (and I mean long! Bring a tent), nerd.

Rules wrote:- No-one is allowed to possess any of the following abilities - Intuitive aptitude (Sylar), empathic mimicry (Peter Petrelli), power absorption (Arthur Petrelli), power negation, precognition, telepathy, rapid cellular regeneration and memory removal

I'm not sure which of these you were after, but...

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:56 pm UTC

Oops, didn't see that.

I didn't steal the name, though.

Editing previous post's power.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:23 pm UTC

Name: Nicholas
Power: Teleportation (but without the the space/time manipulation)
Bio: Nicholas is a smart guy, who pretty much despises most modern U.S. culture. He's normally pretty laid back, but could probably hold his own in a fight, if need be.
Also: Equipment: Cell phone, medium sized pocket knife, mp3 player.

"God damn it, Rob; why do you have to bring knives everywhere?" Nicholas said, annoyed. He grabbed the pocket knife from Rob's hand before he could react, and jogged down the stairs into the park. "Hey, get back here!" Rob shouted, running after him. "Dude, I'm serious. If you walked down the block with this thing open, you could get arrested, which you nearly did!" Nicholas called over his shoulder "I need you to promise me that you'll stop doing that." "Just give me freakin' knife!" Rob said. "No!" replied Nicholas. Suddenly, he felt something tug on his arm. Had Rob caught up with him? Nicholas looked over his shoulder, but Rob was still far behind him. Just then, Nicholas tripped and hit his head on a street light. He was out cold. When Nicholas woke up, It took him a while to gather his wits. When his wits were sufficiently gathered, he realized that he was lying on top of a skyscraper of some sort, and that he was still clutching tightly to the knife. Just then, he heard someone say "What... the... heck am I doing up here?" Nicholas quickly scrambled around and looked up. There was a man who looked about the same age as him standing there. He was standing with his back to Nicholas, and didn't seem to have noticed him yet. "I was just about to ask that same question," said Nicholas "I take it you don't know where you are, either?"

...Space, with nothing on top, nothing on the bottom, and a lot of empty nothings between... falling in the middle of nothing, on the way to no particular night and no particular morning.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

"Not really."
Peter noticed that he was wearing his backpack. He was wondering why he was still wearing it, when he had clearly remembered taking it off. He srigged to himself, being thankful he had something other than the shirt on his back, especially since his backpack also held a bottle of Maple syrup, and the Zombie Survival Guide. You never know when Zombies might strike, after all.
Peter extended his hand. "I'm Peter, by the way."

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:39 pm UTC

"I'm Nicholas" said Nicholas. He was about to take Peter's hand, but quickly realized that he was still holding the knife. He closed it and put it in his pocket. "Sorry, that's not mine," he said "it belongs to my friend; I'm not used to holding it." Nicholas took Peter's hand and shook firmly. "So, do you see any way to get down from here?"

((also Vieto; does your power work automatically, or does it take effort to use it))
Last edited by Camoninja on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:46 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:45 pm UTC

"I see two ways down from here." remarked Peter.
"We can jump, or we can take the stairs." Pointing to the doorway near Nicholas leading into the building they were standing on.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 pm UTC

((I'm guessing we don't know we have our powers yet - they'll activate in a time of emotional or physical stress.))

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

((Yah. If my charactor knew his power, he'd jump, and you'd teleport))

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:14 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:((Yah. If my charactor knew his power, he'd jump, and you'd teleport))

((I'm not with you, I'm with Dashiva. But yes, you're right.))

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

((Ok, I should clarify a couple of things - Variable deduction is this ability to accurately predict the outcome of an event based on mathematical probability (anyone who saw the Season 2 deleted scenes will know that this is Kaito's power).
Powers do develop shortly after arrival.
Characters may have minimal equipment, but this is more about your powers than about you all having guns and knives and whatnot.
Characters are from present day, based on who you are.))

((Also, for the purposes of this game since there's more than one Chris, I'll be referred to as Alpha-Chris))

Chrismclegless wrote:"Over here!", he called back. "Where are we?"

Chris stopped walking through the Tokyo-esque street and headed over towards the voice. He found a young man, looking roughly his age, walking towards him.
He raised his hand in greeting. "Hi there," he said once he was close enough that he didn't have to shout. "You can call me Alpha-Chris. I've got no idea how we got here, but I think a bit of exploring this place would not be amiss."

---

Jason didn't need telepathy to sense that others had arrived as well as him - others that he could kill.
He'd been missing the thrill of the chase and the exhilaration of killing someone since he'd been thrown in the State Prison, and since he'd discovered his unique ability he'd been itching even more to flaunt it. It seemed now was his chance.
He left the abandoned office building he'd inhabited for the last few hours, walked out onto the street and stalked off into the city. He would find someone to test his power on.
And soon.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:56 pm UTC

"Alpha-Chris? That's a bit of an odd name, isn't it? What's with the prefix? I'm just Chris. Heh, just my luck that the one person I run into in an abandoned city has my name. It seems like everyone's either a Chris, John or James these days. You don't mind if I call you Al, do you? It'd make things simpler all round!"
Chris looked this man up and down. He appeared to be about the same age as himself, possibly slightly younger. Maybe that had something to do with them being the only ones around? It was possible, though two cases really wasn't enough to start making theories. "Exploring sounds like a good idea. I was in Bath just a minute ago, and then I got pulled here. It'd be nice to know where here actually is."
As he spoke, Chris leaned out to rest on an electronic billboard that was standing nearby. Suddenly, a burst of pain ran through his fingertips. Pulling away, he muttered a quiet expletive. "Fuck! Bloody static. Let's get a move on. Hopefully we'll find someone else nearby." Turning away, Chris started to walk, not looking back at the billboard. As such, he didn't see that spark of electricity run across it, and when he looked back to see if Al was following him, the board was dead.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 am UTC

"Yeah, well the prefix is in case I run into people with my name, such as yourself," Alpha-Chris explained. "I'm a little eccentric at times, y'know? How bout instead you call me Dash? It's what a bunch of my friends call me.
"Well I was in Australia, speaking to my new employers, when I was pulled from my chair and ended up here. Weird, to say the least."
As Dash spoke he saw Chris touch a billboard nearby. A few seconds later Chris jerked away from the board as it sparked and went out. Chris seemed in a hurry to get away from it, and looked mildly uncomfortable. Dash thought it would probably not help the situation to start making drama, so he didn't bother asking what was going on just yet.
"Alright," he finally intoned, "let's start walking." He followed Chris down the street, flexing his fingers unconsciously and not noticing several small fragments of concrete that had risen off the ground and were following the movements of his fingers.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 am UTC

Nicholas looked around to where Peter was pointing. "Oh wow, I didn't even see those," he said "yeah, I don't think jumping would be a good idea." He smiled and walked over to the edge of the building "lets take the stairs." Nicholas looked down. Just then, a tough looking man in an orange jumpsuit walked out of the building onto the street. "Hey, is it just me, or does this guy look like a convict?" Nicholas said to Peter, beckoning him over and pointing down.

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:30 am UTC

A voice echoed from above. Jason quickly snapped his head upwards towards the source of the voice, seeing two men looking over the top of the building he'd exited a moment ago. Finally, someone to have a go at.
He raised his hands and threw out a fireball. The iridescent flame streaked towards them, striking the edge of the building and smashing the bricks and concrete. Before they could react in any fashion he ran into the building, his hands wreathed in flame and ready to ignite further.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:53 am UTC

Peter looked over the edge, only to see a fireball come up and narrowly miss him.

"Oh, snap. I think he went inside the building. We need to get off this roof before he gets up here!"

Peter looked around, and saw a fire escape.

"Nick, look, a fire escape."

Peter ran for it, while looking for something to defend himself with, while laughing to himself about the irony of using a fire escape to escape a man who could fire fire from his hands.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:12 am UTC

As Peter came over to Nicholas, a fireball that seemed to come from the man below shot up at them with incredible speed. OH SHIT thought Nicholas. He heard Peter say something from the other side of the roof, which was odd, as Nicholas didn't remember him moving. He turned around, and bumped into the metal thing that covered the stairs. Nicholas took a step back, surprised. Then, it dawned on him Peter didn't move, I did. He heard Peter say something about a fire escape, and turned around again, this time with more success, and saw what Peter was indicating. "Good idea," he said "that guy's probably going to burn this place down, and I do not want to be in it when that happens." Nicholas ran over to where Peter was. "By the way, did you see me move after he launched that fireball? How did I get over there?" Nicholas pointed to the stairs.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:23 am UTC

Peter hadn't been paying attention.

"not really, no."
Peter began down the fire escape, and almost immediately ended up at a gate with a lock. On the other side, Peter noticed a crowbar.
"Man, if only there were a way to reach that crowbar."

Peter tried to make hmour out of the situation by pretending to psychically lift the crowbar with his mind, doing the hand twitches and the 2-fingers-on-forehead thing. To his suprise, the crowbar lifted a couple of centimeters off the ground, before Peter noticed what had happened, and lost concentration.

"What... did I do that?"

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:27 am UTC

Jason reached the stairwell that led to the roof, adrenaline fuelling every nerve in him. This was it, he would finally be able to kill again. He could almost taste the bittersweet tang of their blood as he made his way up.
He blasted the door at the top of the stairwell and stood facing an empty rooftop. The two men had vanished.
Jason screamed in outrage and threw a large gout of flame straight into the top of the roof.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:32 am UTC

((Actually, we would be out of view of Jason, as we are partially down the fire escape.))

Peter heard a noise above him. It was the man. He didn't have much time. He repeated the process of lifting the crowbar, but spend a bit more effort, and seriousness into the matter, and moved it into his own hands.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:46 am UTC

((I wasn't down the fire escape yet))

Nicholas had been about to climb down to the fire escape, but suddenly the door flew off its hinges, narrowly missing his head as the fireball guy said "Hiya fellas, what's say we heat things up a little?" How the hell did he get up here so quickly? Thought Nicholas, frantically "Try to get that crowbar, fast! We're gonna need it!" he yelled to Peter, unaware that he already had it. Just then, he realized that he had mysteriously moved again. This time he was in the staircase, so he was behind the fireball guy. Aw hell, he thought, then: of course! The knife! He whipped it out of his pocket, and flicked it open, unsure of what he was going to do with it.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 am UTC

A thought came upon Peter's mind.

"If I can lift objects... could I lift myself?"

He tried, and realized that, with a bit of effort, he could. Well, I guess I'm getting good at this relatively quickly. Peter 'flew' (heh, flight just became obsolete) around, and peaked his head up. He saw the man, but not Nick. Then another thought came upon him. What if I could lift the man too.. He tried that, but soon realized that his efforts were futile. So he settled for giving the man a psychic wedgie.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:57 am UTC

I haven't decided whether I'm going to join this, but:

Plz don't abuse telekinesis. You can approximate just about any superpower with it. I move that it is: Macroscopic Movement of Other Objects as a Whole, at a Distance. So, you can't rip things apart, you can't fly, you can't mess around with subatomic powers and gain cryokinesis or pyrokinesis or whatever.

Also @Dashiva: It would be cool if you could Write: <Character Name> at the beginning of each post, or the part of the post that you will dedicate to the character. It makes it easier to follow.

*Goes off to research cool powers*
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:07 am UTC

Can we alter certain things such as age? A city full of adolescents can get repetitive after a while.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:07 am UTC

((I don't think flying would be a good ability for someone with telekinesis, but minor levitation should be okay))

From behind the fireball guy, Nicholas saw his underpants lift up as though by some magical force. Wow, he thought That beats my knife anyday! I wonder who's doing that,and how... At this point, Nicholas had an extraordinary idea, and cut the back of the mans pants, so they fell down. Nicholas inwardly smiled at himself because of the juvinility of it, despite the seriousness of the situation.

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 am UTC

Jason

With his pants down and his undergarments halfway up his ass, Jason was getting more than a little pissed off. He fell to his knees, screaming in anguish, and his skin began glowing with an eery luminescence. Flashes appeared from his hands, and his eyes began to turn yellow.
He screamed louder, and the light from him grew brighter still.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:15 am UTC

<OOC>
I'd like to point out a few things:
Telekinesis: The movement of objects by scientifically inexplicable means, as by the exercise of an occult power.
basically, this means that, using the mind, you can overcome gravity. I would not be able to manipulate items at the molecular scale (too small to focus on), open up walls, etc. Ripping apart things would also be difficult, as the mind would have to overcome the force holding things together. Flight, however, is very reasonable when you think about it. I don't see why flight is abusing it. My charactor would be handicapped in flight compared to someone with only flight as a power, because: (1) My charactor has to constantly focus at keeping above gravity, (2) lack of agility, speed, etc.
I will try to be reasonable with telekinesis, and avoid obvious God-modding and stuff that results. Also, Telekinesis would use energy, so that counter-acts the excessive power potentially gained from telekinesis.
*edit: and Camoninja, it would be levitation. Flying is just simpler to say.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:29 am UTC

((No, levitation is different from flying; flying is actually propelling oneself through the air, whereas levitation is just lifting oneself off the ground and floating around. It is not nearly as sustainable as flight, and could not lift oneself nearly as high.))

Nicholas saw the Fireball Guy writhing on the ground and glowing, and thought that it would probably be a good idea to get out of there, but Fireball Guy was blocking the way onto the roof, and Nicholas had a sneaking suspicion that the building below was on fire. But, he thought maybe if I could move instantaneously before, I could move like that by will, too. Nicholas focused his mind, and willed himself over to where Peter was. It worked, and Nicholas materialized about ten inches behind Peter, in midair. He grabbed onto the railing of the fire escape just in time to keep himself from plummeting to his doom, dropping the knife onto the platform of the fire escape that Peter was standing on. "Dude," He said "I think I can teleport."

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 am UTC

((I was refering to what Peter was doing when he was 'flying'. I fully agree with you that it is actually levitation, and I mistermed it. I also agree that flying is different.))

Peter kept himself levitated, and lowered himself to Nick's level. "I can see that now. So... I have telekinesis, and you can teleport. Interesting."

Peter helped Nick up, then hit the gate with his crowbar, knocking it over. Levitating had begun to wear on Peter, who was breathing heavier than normal. "Lets go." And began to slide down the fire escape.

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:07 am UTC

Tigerlion wrote:Can we alter certain things such as age? A city full of adolescents can get repetitive after a while.

Re-posted because I don't think anyone noticed.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:11 am UTC

((I already did alter my age, so I don't think it really matters, as long as it's not too major of a change.))

Nicholas followed Peter down the escape, also feeling worn out from using his power. "That was pretty hilarious, what happened to that guy" he said "but we're also probably pretty screwed right now. Were you the one who did that to his underwear?"

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:19 am UTC

((Age can be altered, and I agree that a city full of young people will get a big annoying))

Jason

A ball of light appeared where Jason's hands touched the top of the roof. He didn't see where his two assailants had gone, but knew they couldn't have gotten far.
With what was left of his self-control he threw his hands out, and the ball slammed out across the street below and into the building opposite. The ball exploded as it smashed through a window, and in a matter of seconds the entire structure began to collapse. A kaleidoscope of colours emanated from the exploding building, ending in the entire thing becoming nothing more than a pile of nuclear rubble on the street level.
Drained from what he'd just released, Jason fell completely to the ground and lost consciousness.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:19 am UTC

((I think it's ok. I didn't really change anything))

"That's about as rhetorical as 'were you the one who cut his pants', but yah. It was the only thing I could think of. I think he'll be incapacitated for a short while, enough for us to make a break for it. That should give us enough time to set up a trap."
Peter reached the bottom of the stairwell, but was beginning to be hit by his asthma (moderate). He kept an eye out for bikes, or food stores.
"I would suggets hiding, but he would probably smoke us out".
*edit:
suddenly, the building across the street exploded, knocking Peter off his feet.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 am UTC

I am aware of the power of telekinesis. That's why I said limit, rather than change or any other verb.

I just don't want this to become a superpower wankfest, in which people get into fights and have powers that are noticeably better than anyone else's. I mean, sure, if you use telekinesis in the traditional sense it is possible for you to levitate yourself and fly around just by concentrating on it, but where's the fun in that? I think that it's perfectly reasonable for it to be too strenuous to lift yourself above a couple of feet. Maybe there's a limit on the weight you can lift easily that your body weight is above? I don't know. I am currently unsure what would happen if, say, you were levitating above a building and moved off. I think you could probably maintain the height.

EDIT: Yeah, what Camoninja said and you agreed to. I think you've got it good.

Anyway, I've decided to have a go at this.

Name: Michael (Nicknamed "Jimi")
Power: Light Manipulation. Essentially, he can control the intensity and area of light. He can make it blindingly light or completely dark. I think he can also colour the light, but that's going to have hardly any in-game effect except for being cool. So that he's not crippled by his power every time he takes out the light, I'm going to give him Night Vision as well. Is that okay?
Things I cannot do: Laser Beams. I also can't bend light around myself and make me invisible. Light is restricted to the visible spectrum, so I can't stop X-rays or UV radiation or whatever.
Character bio: Post-HSC (Final exams of high school) student, (not so-) eagerly awaiting the results. Unemployed. I'm a science/maths nerd, broad taste in music but like indie, loves to read, this is starting to sound more like a dating advert than a bio. Hmmm... game relevant: Experienced in bushwalking and camping, basic first aid skills, physically reasonably fit, really really lanky and tall (about 6'4"+ now, I think), bit nervous around heights. Here's a picture:
Spoiler:

Equipment, if any: Blue backpack containing: 1 copy of Wuthering Heights, 1 pretty old camera, mobile phone, wallet, no music player :(, notebook, pencils and pens.

Intro:
"Fuck." Michael hated waking up early. I mean, sure, he was going to go down and meet his mates in the city. But why did they have to organise it to be at 9? That meant he'd have to catch the 7:55 train, which meant he'd have to wake up at 7. He'd wake up earlier than that for school - or at least he did before he finished it, but pre-10am wake-ups were just unholy on holidays. His bag was packed with all of the stuff he thought he'd need for the day, so he had a quick breakfast and sleepily slouched off to catch a train.

As the train sped along, he started to read Wuthering Heights. It's a pretty awesome book, after all. The metallic rasp of the train's PA system heralded the call of the train's driver - a dulcet "Central, next stop. Next stop Central". He sighed and got up, stepping off the train, trying to avoid getting swept up in the morning rush. He strode down the stairs and turned right, walking up the tunnel to get into the city. Michael decided to read as he walked.

Michael reached the end of the tunnel. This was odd. It wasn't the right city. Funny, the station looked right. He turned around, looking for a sign on the train station. The tiles on the tunnel were different. The mural on the walls was lacking.

Odd.

And it was night.

Odd.

Back down into the train station he went, trying to find signs, but the walls were permanently blank. It was also much smaller - there were only about 2 tracks.

Michael pinched himself. "Ow" he cried, then walked back up the tunnel into the city. Maybe if he could find someone, he could find out what was going on.

((Is it actually us? Because while I probably couldn't recognise any of you for the life of me, if, say, kellsbells started playing (Hint) I'd probably be able to recognise her.

Also, given the fact that electric billboards are on and "the lights and electrical functions [operate] normally", I'm assuming it's night.))
Last edited by michaelandjimi on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:30 am UTC

Nicholas, unlike Peter, was very observant and saw the ball of light fly into the building just before he was about to reply to Peter. Not knowing what exactly this ball of light would do, and seeing as it had come from the rooftop where an extremely pissed convict who could shoot fireballs lay, Nicholas pushed Peter down, then dived to the ground as well. His yell of "Get down!" was drowned by the deafening roar of the building collapsing.

Dashiva33

Postby Dashiva33 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:36 am UTC

Harvey

It had been going well, such a very good party - right up until the part where Harvey fell to the floor and lost consciousness for an inexplicable reason.
When he finally got up he found the entire locale had changed - he was no longer at the bar with his former co-workers, and was instead lying several feet away from what looked like a railway tunnel. The entire area around him was deserted, save for one man walking from the mouth of the tunnel towards him.
Harvey quickly got up, brushed himself off and waved to the man. "Hello? What's going on here? Who are you?"

Return to “Forum Games”