Superhero Rumble - for old times sake

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Chrismclegless

Re: Superhero Rumble - for old times sake

Postby Chrismclegless » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm UTC

Waiting on a move from camoninja.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 am UTC

The battle commenced, with the unlikely combatants eyeing each other up. Most were cautious, keeping up a strong guard and not venturing out. The invisible man disappeared, but that didn't stop Voltorb zapping him. A sneaky blade slid out from nowhere, slicing through Rock Lee's back and destroying his defence, but nobody attacked him, so it didn't seem to matter.

Andrew spent all his energy on defence. He was totally ignored by everyone. He has 100 energy remaining.

Rick Astley started singing, and was soon surrounded by multiple small animals, who leaped around in front of him excitedly. He has 45 energy remaining, and 4 10 energy heroes under his control.

Rock Lee defended for 45, but was struck from behind by the invisible man. He took 20 unblockable damage, and his defence was cut to 5. He used duct tape on his wounds as a makeshift bandage, and gained 5 energy back. He has 30 energy left. Watch the Crossfire didn't activate because he wasn't actually attacked.

Voltorb used Shoop Da Woop on the invisible man, dealing 15 unblockable damage. He has 60 energy left.

The invisible man used Invisibility sphere, entered it, and struck from the shadows at Rock Lee, dropping his defence by 40 and dealing 20 unblockable damage. He took 15 damage from Voltorb. He has 62 energy left.

Roleplay + next round's moves please.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:29 am UTC

Voltorb.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:53 pm UTC

That... That's some awesome roleplaying, Bulvox. I feel my manliness has been threatened.

On a side note: I got caught up in RPG.net and the Mafia forum and completely forgot about this thread. I'll post a suitably bodacious RP post in the near future, honest.
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:57 pm UTC

Need moves from everyone except Bulvox

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:49 pm UTC

((I honestly meant "later today, maybe tomorrow" when I said "near future." Best-laid plans and all that.))

Rick circled the battlefield, leaving a trail of smoke as he went. It seemed like there was a three-way duel going on: some mushroom-haired guy in a ninja suit, a disappearing Canadian, and--was that a Voltorb? Rick shook his head; anywhere but Rumble City, that would actually be weird. He set the jetpack to hover mode, freeing his hands for ninutsu maneuvers.

Weaving his hands in an intricate pattern, he started chanting. "By nature's hand, by craft, by art, what once was one, now fly apart! Raccoon Jutsu Number Forty-Eight: Shadow Gliders!"

He finished the technique, and red light shot out of his hands, forming into four raccoons piloting miniature hang-gliders. He gave them the signal for a defensive formation, and circled the battlefield once more, looking for an opening.

((Cartoon references? I count three.))

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:45 pm UTC

Andrew stayed crouched behind a car, looking at what was going on. There was something that looked like a red and white sphere a little distance off. The sphere launched a laser at another guy, who then promptly disappeared.
Where the hell did he go? thought Andrew. He looked around, before realizing that he heard someone singing. He whipped his head around, and saw someone hovering in midair. He shaded his eyes against the sun to get a better look, and realized that's fucking Rick Astley! And he's wearing a goddamn jetpack. With hang-gliding raccoons flying around him. What. The. Fuck. Just then, Andrew heard someone cry out, and turned again. It looked like a guy had been stabbed, but he was already bandaging himself with some duct tape. Weird. Andrew looked back around to Rick Astley, and thought this doesn't look to dangerous. Maybe I'll join in. Those raccoons don't look to tough...
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent- Isaac Asimov

...Space, with nothing on top, nothing on the bottom, and a lot of empty nothings between... falling in the middle of nothing, on the way to no particular night and no particular morning.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:23 pm UTC

The battle raged on, with Andrew standing mostly unnoticed at the side. He did manage to snatch a raccoon from the air and break it's neck, though. Rick Astley spiraled out of control toward the ground as a surprise attack hit him in the back, almost killing him. Voltorb loosed another barrage of electricity throughout the arena, shocking the invisible man, but was attacked in retribution.

Andrew attacked the lead raccoon for 10, and defended for 90. He wasn't attacked and has 100 energy left.

Rick Astley summoned another 4 animals, and defended for 5. His animals all defended him for 10 each. He was attacked for 15 by Rock Lee, but his defence wasn't penetrated. He was stabbed in the back by the invisible man for 40 direct damage. One of his animals was attacked, and died. He has 5 energy left, and 7 animals under his control.

Rock Lee defended for 15, and was not attacked. He attacked Rick Astley for 15. He used duct tape on his wounds as a makeshift bandage, and gained 5 energy back. He has 35 energy left.

Voltorb used Shoop Da Woop on the invisible man, dealing 15 unblockable damage. He was attacked for 20. He has 40 energy left.

The invisible man struck from the shadows at Rick Astley, dealing 40 unblockable damage. He attacked Voltorb for 20. He took 15 damage from Voltorb. He has 47 energy left.
Roleplay + next round's moves please

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:44 pm UTC

Voltorb.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:03 pm UTC

Waiting on Luthen and Camoninja

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:14 pm UTC

Andrew managed to take on of the raccoons by the neck, and kill it. That wasn't so hard. Now it was time to enter the battle in earnest. But who should he attack...

...Space, with nothing on top, nothing on the bottom, and a lot of empty nothings between... falling in the middle of nothing, on the way to no particular night and no particular morning.

krazykate

Postby krazykate » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 pm UTC

Bulvox wrote:Voltorb.

Am I missing something?

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:07 pm UTC

He's playing as Voltorb, a pokemon. Pokemon can only say their name. So that's some seriously awesome roleplaying that "The B-Vox" has going on right now.

I guess you're not really into pokemon, eh?

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 pm UTC

Lee wasn't having a good time in the fight. What is going on here? There don't seem to be any rules! He'd attacked the funny man with the red hair but all of his attacks were blocked by the man's animal summonings. Not knowing (or being able to perform) any ninjutsu to dispell or effectively damage the summon-beasts, Lee had to drop back and choose a new target. When I get home I'm going to somersault around Konoha three times each day until I can defeat a summon-beast!
My fancy new blog Image I am not a vampire! Image PM my location for a prize!*

rnew: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOAVATAR!
*Terms + conditions changeable

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:41 pm UTC

Voltorb exploded in a shower of sparks, and almost everyone around him felt the blast. Rick Astley and the seven flying raccoons were incinerated, along with Rock Lee. The dying raccoons fell heavily into the invisibility sphere, which quickly dissipated as it's owner was brained by a hang glider shaft. When the dust cleared, only Andrew was left standing, bleeding but alive.

Uh, yeah. Voltorb used explosion for 40. That killed himself, Rock lee, Rick Astley and all the raccoons. The raccoons all attacked The invisible man, who had only 7 energy left after the explosion, and who had no defence. Three of them hit him, killing him. Nobody attacked Andrew, who survived the 40 damage from the explosion.

Good game all. Victory RP from camoninja?

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Camoninja

Postby Camoninja » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm UTC

Andrew was getting prepared to launch an attack on one of the people there, but before he could move towards anyone, he heard an odd noise. He looked to where it was coming from to see the red and white sphere glowing. Then, suddenly, the sphere exploded, sending a huge shockwave out. Andrew was caught in the blast, and was hurled back against a wall. He fell down, unconscious. When he awoke, the dust had settled, and there were police around. He looked and saw the charred remains of some raccoons, next to an unrecognizable pile of ash that may have been Rick Astley. There was also a different charred body, a little ways off. As Andrew stood up, he also noticed a body that looked as though it had been impaled through the head with something. Holy hell, thought Andrew. Does... does this mean I won the battle? Andrew got up completely, and painfully snuck off before the police noticed him. They would probably think that everyone had been destroyed in the explosion.

So, are we playing another round?

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

If someone wants to GM another round, I'll play.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:10 pm UTC

Voltorb. *boom*
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 am UTC

I would, but I have exams.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 am UTC

Same. Give it maybe a week and things will start to quiet down.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GoC

Postby GoC » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:55 am UTC

I'd be in too for the next one.
Belial wrote:I'm just being a dick. It happens.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 pm UTC

I'm always in for a game of Superhero Rumble.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

krazykate

Postby krazykate » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 am UTC

if you start up a new game, could someone notify me so I can join?

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm UTC

I put all my remaining energy into attack that round, so Whirling Dervish would have allowed me to avoid the explosion--unless somebody else also attacked me, of course. If they didn't, it's a tie between me and camo--he can't hit me with the Dervish on, and I can't hit him if he puts 5 or more into defense. So yeah.

Also: sorry about being off the net this week--my unit moved me to a different base with a mere three hours notice, and I just got internet access again last night.

GoC

Postby GoC » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 pm UTC

So when should the next one be scheduled for?
Belial wrote:I'm just being a dick. It happens.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:48 pm UTC

I'm up for one on next monday. This week, I'll be very busy.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Tigerlion » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:02 am UTC

I shall mod this next one.

And it won't be as bad as the last one, I hope.

Uh, well, I probably won't remember, because I don't venture into FG that often, so could someone PM me when you all wish to play?

Return to “Forum Games”