Interviewing the fora

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
poxic
Eloquently Prismatic
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am UTC
Location: Left coast of Canada

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby poxic » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:10 am UTC

Food, mostly, plus some medication. Also probably an eyelash, bug part, or cat hair for good measure.

Favourite job to read about someone else doing? (Me grammar good.)
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

User avatar
Whispering
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:21 pm UTC
Location: In an abandoned building somewhere
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Whispering » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:22 pm UTC

I'm not to sure where you were going with that question so I'd just say that I would love to be a anime artist. (Even though I can't draw worth beans I suppose I could do CGI.)

Did you know Firefox spell check doesn't recognize anime or mecha?
Kendo_Bunny wrote:The only thoughts you don’t tell him are the ones where you want to ride that sparkly ass like Seabiscuit.

User avatar
Jedifreak
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm UTC
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Jedifreak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:59 am UTC

Yes. Neither does the Mac spell check.

Do you have, or are you studying for a college degree?
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Image

User avatar
Whispering
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:21 pm UTC
Location: In an abandoned building somewhere
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Whispering » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:04 am UTC

I have one and I'm thinking of starting another one.

Have you been to any conventions lately?
Kendo_Bunny wrote:The only thoughts you don’t tell him are the ones where you want to ride that sparkly ass like Seabiscuit.

User avatar
Dingbats
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 pm UTC
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Dingbats » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:41 pm UTC

Never.

When did you last post a written letter (like, actual mail)?

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:56 pm UTC

Ugh. My aunt writes me a handwritten letter occasionally, and I need to write one back. I type it out and print it, but I do put it in an envelope and invest on stamps. The last time this happened was 3 weeks ago.

Do you use Windows, Mac or Linux? Why?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby HarleyQuinn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 am UTC

Windows; basically because that's what my dad has always used and I've grown up with it, thus it's easier and better for me.

Have any obsessions? If so, what?
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Josephine » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:39 am UTC

Not really obsessions. Deep interests, maybe. Those include but are not limited to: the technological singularity, architecture of Dubai (and tall buildings in general).


How long do you want to live?
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
poxic
Eloquently Prismatic
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am UTC
Location: Left coast of Canada

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby poxic » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:40 am UTC

Long enough.

Favourite place to take a vacation?
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Josephine » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:42 am UTC

Paris and Hawaii were good, but in totally different ways.

QWERTY or Dvorak?
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby HarleyQuinn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:21 am UTC

QWERTY please :]

Ever meet a forumite irl? If not, have you at least talked to any via phone?
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Nemphael
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Nemphael » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:18 am UTC

I've met one (Duh, met? Went to school with him for a year!), although I was the one who introduced him to xkcd and the fora. Does that count? If no, then, no. But other xkcd readers - yes! And I love them! <3 Uhm, as for forumites, there si someone I really, really want to meet.

How many different kinds of cereal do you eat/like?

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:09 pm UTC

Most of the non-sweet kinds. My all time favorite is Cheerios.

What's your favorite dessert?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Psycho Goose
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:41 am UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Psycho Goose » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 pm UTC

Probably the Mojave, but just because I live in that general area, and the Joshua trees are awesome.
Oh... you said dessert? Ice cream (duh). Or cheesecake. But probably ice cream cake.

What's your favorite breakfast food?
Mother Superior wrote:Go to Checkov's guns on fifth. But be careful, any gun he shows you is liable to go off at some point while you're in the store.

ThePurpleSmurf
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby ThePurpleSmurf » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 pm UTC

Beignet. Especially my mom's.

Do you eat meat?
There is no method to my madness.

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:48 pm UTC

Yup, and I love it.

Do you follow any professional sports?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Psycho Goose
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:41 am UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Psycho Goose » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:23 am UTC

Nope, not really. None really appeal to me much. If there was professional Capture the Flag or, better yet, Calvinball...

If you had to start following (and I mean following religiously) some professional sport that you do not follow now, what would it be, and why?
Mother Superior wrote:Go to Checkov's guns on fifth. But be careful, any gun he shows you is liable to go off at some point while you're in the store.

User avatar
Nemphael
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Nemphael » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am UTC

Martial arts. Guess why. <3

How do you prefer your coffee (And/or other hot beverages)?

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby HarleyQuinn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 am UTC

I don't drink coffee, unless it's iced or I really need a jolt. If so, it's with milk and two sugars.


Best summer memory of this year?
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

mickyj300x
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:07 am UTC
Location: New Zealand

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby mickyj300x » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:14 am UTC

I don't actually remember summer.

[insert question here]?

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:23 am UTC

Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Jedifreak
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm UTC
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Jedifreak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:45 pm UTC

I'm a ferret!

But seriously, I'm a cat person.

Favorite book? (If that's too hard, list your favorite Star Trek generation. You know, TOS, TNG, DS9, etc.)
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Image

razrsharp67
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:23 pm UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby razrsharp67 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm UTC

Uhhhhh... TNG.

Favorite news site?

User avatar
Nemphael
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Nemphael » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:27 pm UTC

Dagbladet.no, which is a Norwegian newspaper.

Did you sleep well last night. If yes, do you remember your dreams?

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby HarleyQuinn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm UTC

I tossed around a corner of my bed for 4 hours. Not that good of a sleep really.

Do you know what "love" is?
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 pm UTC

Yes. It's a Beatles song.

Were you alive during the Beatles storm?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Nemphael
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Nemphael » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 pm UTC

The quotation marks call for unambiguity. Love as in care and consideration among friends and family? Yeah. Love as in a relationship - yes, but I've yet to experience it. *Sigh*

Do you say Coke or Cola?

User avatar
Tillan
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:36 pm UTC
Location: Coffee
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Tillan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 pm UTC

Coke, as that is my favorite brand.

How many socks do you have?
Now work damnit! No, dont carry on posting here, you're a very busy person. work work work!!

User avatar
Dingbats
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:46 pm UTC
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Dingbats » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 pm UTC

A huge amount, they barely fit into the drawer. Although some of them aren't pairs and some have holes in them.

What kind of art appeals to you the most?

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby HarleyQuinn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:07 am UTC

I take art as any open form of expression. So music appeals to me the most of that definition of art. As far as images that one can look at type of art, I like photography.


Any posters or signs in your room? How many/describe a few.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Jedifreak
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm UTC
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Jedifreak » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:30 am UTC

Six. My latest two are a Crono Trigger poster, and an Kurosaki Ichigo poster.

Where did you get your avatar from?
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Image

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:59 am UTC

The best selling book ever to come out of Mega-Dodo Publishing.

Do you consider yourself in any form or fashion as belonging to a religion? If so, which one?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 am UTC

Yeah, I'm Jewish. Mostly just because my parents raised me that way. I got to temple on major holiday's, but little else. I'm not too sure about belief in God either. But I'd still consider myself Jewish.

Discuss the economics of a fictional world. (I realize that's not technically a question, but I can't be arsed to make it one.)
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Bartimaeus
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere near NYC, but nobody's heard of

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Bartimaeus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:33 am UTC

Star Trek has no economy. Somehow everybody just lives however they want to.

Why is this so?

User avatar
NeverGrowUp
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:38 am UTC
Location: Earth, for now.

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby NeverGrowUp » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Because Star Trek is just that awesome.

What advice would you give your 12-year-old self regarding your future?
.....\ 0/................................You're a kitty!
.......|.....................'0'.............................
....../ \....................( )/............................

I plead the third.

User avatar
Jedifreak
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm UTC
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Jedifreak » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 am UTC

Take a martial art and stick to it.

G.I. Joe or Transformers?
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Image

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:21 am UTC

Transformers. Probably because my parents wouldn't buy me any G.I. Joe toys (too violent) but would let me play with Transformers.

Do you like horror movies?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Psycho Goose
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:41 am UTC

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Psycho Goose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:27 am UTC

It depends on if they're good. To clarify further, I like movies with good stories, characters, cinematography, etc. With few exceptions (I can rarely get excited about romantic comedies (though there are exceptions to this, as well -- e.g. When Harry Met Sally)) I like said good movies independent of genre. But I haven't liked the few recent horror films I've seen, and not many that I haven't really excite me -- Saw, for instance, looks too dependent on splatter as substitute for actually doing anything worthwhile. I have, however, seen a few older horror films, and while few have frightened me (though both The Shining and Eraserhead(especially the latter. Gah.) got me), they can still (The Silence of the Lambs; Psycho) hold my interest plenty. And I think that has something to do with being drawn more towards psychologically horrifying than with gross painful stuff. But I'm not too sure.

Does that answer your question?
Mother Superior wrote:Go to Checkov's guns on fifth. But be careful, any gun he shows you is liable to go off at some point while you're in the store.

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby HarleyQuinn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:40 am UTC

Not at all.

The last thing to keep you up staring at the ceiling, deep in thought in the middle of the night?
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: Interviewing the fora

Postby Max2009 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 am UTC

Whether Myface or Spacebook would be a better name for the internet's largest social networking site (or some other drivel along the same lines).

Why did you choose that for your avatar?
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests