Create a Card: MTG

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Restartagain

Re: Create a Card: MTG

Postby Restartagain » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:21 am UTC

Chronocube
Artifact

T: Exile target spell on the stack. Play this ability only if there are no spells exiled by Chronocube.
T: Put a card exiled by Chronocube onto the stack as a copy of the original spell under its owner's control.

In it goes, and who knows when it will come out.

Next Card: Blackblood Talismans
Too lazy to live, too lazy to die. So I'm on the internet.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 am UTC

Blackblood Talisman
2BR
Legendary Artifact

While ~ is in play, all players have a second combat phase immediately after their first. At the end of each combat phase, untap all creatures.

Blood, war, pain. It's all contained within those strange objects.

Next: Deadhand Mercenaries
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.
I think the latter group is awesome.

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:02 pm UTC

Deadhand Mercenaries
2B
Creature - Zombie Mercenary
2/2
3. tap an untapped Mercenary you control with converted mana cost 4 or greater: Return Deadhand Mercenaries from your graveyard to play.

Next card: Insidious Banner
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Restartagain

Postby Restartagain » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:11 pm UTC

Insidious Banner
Artifact

Each creature gets -1/-1 for each other creature on the battlefield that shares a creature type with it.

Rallying under it wasn't a good idea...

Next Card: Deceptive Armor
Too lazy to live, too lazy to die. So I'm on the internet.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

Deceptive Armor
UU
Artifact - Equipment

Equip 1
Equipped creature has +0/+2
If equipped creature becomes the target of any spell, you may sacrifice ~. If you do, counter that spell.

It looks pretty sturdy doesn't it?

Next: Black Vivace
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:29 pm UTC

Black Vivace
B
Enchantment
Creatures you control get -0/-1 and have haste.

Next card: Orange Allegro Non Troppo
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 am UTC

Orange Allegro Non Troppo
RRG
Enchantment

All creatures you control have first strike.

Next: Silver Andante Con Rubato

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 am UTC

Silver Andante Con Rubato
Artifact Creature - Elemental
2/3
At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

Next card: The Colour Out of Space Multo Sforzando, or Octarine Multo Sforzando if you know Pratchett and not Lovecraft.

nowfocus

Postby nowfocus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 am UTC

The Colour Out of Space
UU
Enchantment
Pay 2 mana. You may choose the colour of any cards you play this turn. Only use this ability when you have 8 or more cards in your hand.

Someone may want to redo this one so it ties into the short story...
Last edited by nowfocus on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Jahoclave wrote:Besides if you observe romance, you change the outcome. Especially if you put his/her friend Catherine in a box.

Menacing Spike wrote:Was it the copper hammer or the children part that caused censoring?

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 am UTC

Uh, it needs to be The Colour Out of Space Multo Sforzando, not just The Colour Out of Space. Also you didn't give a next card. Also, you have some wording issues and the accepted symbol for blue mana is "U".

nowfocus

Postby nowfocus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:57 am UTC

I figured someone could give the next card proper, as I didn't think I was fufilling your concept. But I thought the card was fun so I posted it.

Next card: The Colour Out of Space Multo Sforzando
Jahoclave wrote:Besides if you observe romance, you change the outcome. Especially if you put his/her friend Catherine in a box.

Menacing Spike wrote:Was it the copper hammer or the children part that caused censoring?

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 pm UTC

We were tying this to Lovecraft? I thought we were just using musical tempo/mood markers :|

The Color Out Of Space Multo Sforzando
Enchantment

When ~ enters play, choose a color, and place two tempo counters on it.
As long as there is a tempo counter on ~, creatures you control have +X/+X, where X is the number of permanents with your chosen color on the field.
X, T: Use only your chosen color to pay for X. Put X tempo counters on ~.
At the beginning of each upkeep, remove two tempo counters from ~.
If there are no tempo counters on ~, all creatures you control have -2/-2.

The tune was playful and mysterious. It burst from nowhere, suddenly, lifting my spirits; and then crushed me against the cold, real stones of the world.

Next: Penchant for Mayhem
Last edited by BurningLed on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 pm UTC

BurningLed wrote:We were tying this to Lovecraft? I thought we were just using musical tempo/mood markers :|

"The Colour Out of Space" is the name of a short story by Lovecraft, in which the monster is a literal color out of space. I was trying to break the concept of [color] [musical notation] by making one that couldn't be followed without a serious drop in the awesomeness, but it seems it hasn't gotten through to you.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 pm UTC

I'm sorry :'( If you don't like it, I'll change it.

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:49 am UTC

Oh good, we're finally out of the [color] [musical term] hell ;)

Penchant for Mayhem
2R
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's precombat main phase, they may choose an opponent. If they do, that opponent reveals a card at random from his or her hand, and that player may play that card without paying its mana cost.

Next card: Unknown Dangers

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 am UTC

Unknown Dangers
2B
Sorcery

Choose a card from your opponent's hand. Deal X damage to all creatures on the field, where X is the chosen card's converted mana cost.

"I wonder if i just took a peek into the box..." -- Pandoromus Rex, last words.

Next: Ferrocube

DMGnome

Postby DMGnome » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 am UTC

Unknown Dangers
UUU
Creature--Illusion
Defender
0/2
Whenever Unknown Dangers blocks a creature, shuffle it into its owner's deck. Then its controller reveals cards from the top of their deck until they reveal a creature card and puts it into play blocking the attacking creature. Put all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of the deck in any order.

Next card: Calculated Risks

(That's worded badly, I know.)

EDIT: Ninjas!

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 am UTC

Ha! You've been ninja'd!

Edit: Wait, does that mean i have to do another card named "Ninjas!" too?

Calculated Risks
1UU
Enchantment

Whenever any of your creatures attacks or blocks, they have +0/+2

We'd never simply rush headlong into a full scale battle. We'd put our helmets on first.

Next: Ephemereal Hunger // Corporeal Thirst (split)

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 pm UTC

What happened to Ferrocube?

Ferrocube
Artifact
When Ferrocube enters the battlefield, it deals 8 damage to target creature.
"Ach, Hans, run! It's a giant block of iron falling from the sky!" - Saffi Eriksdotter

Also,

Ephemeral Hunger // Corporeal Thirst
2U // 1B
Instant / Instant
Target creature gains shadow until end of turn and must attack this turn if able. // Whenever target creature deals combat damage this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it. It must attack this turn if able.

Next card: Incorporeal Carboxylo-dodecahedron

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:21 am UTC

Incorporeal Carboxylo-dodecahedron
BBGG
Artifact

When ~ enters play, place 1 carbon counter onto it.
If ~ has 12 carbon counters on it, destroy all creatures the enemy controls.

BG, T: Add a carbon counter onto ~.
Remove X carbon counters: Deal X damage to target creature.

Next: Crapulous Ilk

Krong

Postby Krong » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 pm UTC

Crapulous Ilk
B
Creature - Worm
0/1

Crapulous Ilk cannot attack unless defending player controls a swamp. When you control no swamps, sacrifice Crapulous Ilk.
Crapulous Ilk gets +1/+2 for each other Crapulous Ilk on the battlefield.
If you would draw a card, you may instead search your library for a Crapulous Ilk card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library afterward.

Next card: Runic Desk
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:47 pm UTC

Runic Desk
UU
Artifact - Equipment

Equip 2

Equipped creature has +3/+3. Equipped creature cannot attack.
Equipped creature has "U: Regenerate ~." (~ refers to the equipped creature, not to Runic Desk.)

The artificer's desk made him practically invincible. But he had to stay on his side.

Next: Hellcave's Dew

Kain

Postby Kain » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 pm UTC

Hellcave's Dew
3B/U
Artifact
T, pay 1 life: Draw a card
unT, discard a card: target creature you control gets +1/-1 until the end of the turn
For he on hell's dew hath fed, and drunk the milk of decadence

Next Card: Ambrosia
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm UTC

Ambrosia
GG
Sorcery
Target creature takes 3 damage, then gains +0/+X, where X is the creature's converted mana cost until end of turn. (Sorry about that xD)

Only the strong partake of it, and only the strongest gain from it.

Next: Malphai the Deadly
Last edited by BurningLed on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Kain

Postby Kain » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 am UTC

BurningLed wrote:Ambrosia
GG
Sorcery
Target creature takes 3 damage, then gains +0/+X, where X is the creature's converted mana cost.

Only the strong partake of it, and only the strongest gain from it.
Is that "until the end of the turn" or "then add X +0/+1 counter to it,"?

Next: Malphai the Deadly

Malphai the Deadly
4BR
Legendary Creature - Demon
Whenever ~ deals noncombat damage to a creature, that creatures controller sacrifices that creature, and loses X life, where X is that creature's converted mana cost.
5/5

Next Card: Vicious Rumor
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Krong

Postby Krong » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 am UTC

Vicious Rumor
1W
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature

Enchanted creature has no controller. (A creature with no controller can't be in combat, and its activated abilities can't be played. If an effect permits its controller to make a choice, assume that no choice is made; if the choice is required, choose it randomly from all valid possibilities. If an effect otherwise references its controller, ignore that effect.)

3: Gain control of enchanted creature until end of turn. It gains haste until end of turn. If the enchanted creature has no controller, its owner may play this ability.

Though he was proven innocent several times over, he remained an outcast until his death.

Any thoughts on that? When wouldn't this work?

Next card: Thyme Spiral
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:39 am UTC

Krong wrote:Any thoughts on that? When wouldn't this work?

I think it would work - I can't come up with a situation where it really screws up the rules. It would cause weird effects with a lot of cards, though. "Target creature's controller sacrifices it" and all that.

Thyme Spiral
Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, add 1R to your mana pool. This mana can cause mana burn.
"Thyme is a good source of iron." - Wikipedia
"Mussolini made the trains run on thyme." - XKCD

Next card: Big Ol' Slice o' Doom

Korbl

Postby Korbl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:44 am UTC

Big Ol' Slice of Doom
3R
Artifact- Equipment
Equip: 4, Sacrifice a creature

Equipped Creature gains +5/+0, Double Strike, Trample and Deathtouch

Next Card: Caster Oil

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:41 am UTC

Caster Oil
Artifact

T: The next spell you play cost 2 less to play.

Next Card: Hourai Elixir
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 am UTC

Hourai Elixir
UUW
Sorcery

Target creature has -0/-3 and is unblockable until end of turn.

Wait, where did he go?

Next:Glass Throne

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

Glass Throne
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature can't attack. Whenever equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice Glass Throne. If you do, it deals 2 damage to each creature.
Equip 0

Next card: Menacing Steel Spike

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm UTC

Menacing Steel Spike
2BB
Instant-Trap
If only one creature is attacking you, you may pay B instead of it's cost.
Destroy target attacking creature.
Why does everything dwarves make have spikes?!

Next Card: Bamboo Forest of the Lost
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm UTC

Krong wrote:if the choice is required, choose it randomly from all valid possibilities

This is the only part I don't like. I can't think of a situation where a "required" choice going unmade seriously screws things up; using "no value" for something like "choose a color" works just fine.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

bocochoco

Postby bocochoco » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm UTC

Bamboo Forest of the Lost
Land
Tap: Add G to your mana pool.
2GG, Tap: Search your library for a creature card and put it into play under your control.
You'll never find your way out without their help.

Next Card: Solar Flare

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 pm UTC

Solar Flare
RRWW
Instant

Deal X damage to target creature or player, where X is the number of untapped red and white lands you control.

Next: Akthäl Kömos, Dwarven Weaponsmith

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:04 am UTC

rrwoods wrote:
Krong wrote:if the choice is required, choose it randomly from all valid possibilities

This is the only part I don't like. I can't think of a situation where a "required" choice going unmade seriously screws things up; using "no value" for something like "choose a color" works just fine.

I don't particularly like it either, but I think it would be necessary. For example, a player plays this face down:
Aquamorph Entity
2UU
*/*
Creature - Shapeshifter

As Aquamorph Entity enters the battlefield or is turned face up, it becomes your choice of 5/1 or 1/5.
Morph 2U (You may cast this face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)

Then someone puts Vicious Rumor on it. Finally, it's turned face up, perhaps with something like:
Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
3UU
3/4
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

Face-down creatures get +1/+1.
2U: Turn target face-down creature face up.

There's no option given not to choose 1/5 or 5/1, and there's no such thing as a default "no choice" because */* is not legal.

Token

Postby Token » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 am UTC

Krong wrote:There's no option given not to choose 1/5 or 5/1, and there's no such thing as a default "no choice" because */* is not legal.

Actually, */* is fine. For example, a Humbled Tarmogoyf is a 0/1. To work in an Aquamorph Entity, if I turn a Vesuvan Shapeshifter face up and choose an Aquamorph Entity, the Shapeshifter is a 0/0 (and therefore dies), since it never made a choice.
M:tG Comprehensive Rules wrote:107.2. If anything needs to use a number that can’t be determined, either as a result or in a calculation, it uses 0 instead.
All posts are works in progress. If I posted something within the last hour, chances are I'm still editing it.

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 am UTC

Token has the right of it here. That wording isn't necessary, and probably actually screws things up (imagine a situation where there aren't a clearly defined finite amount of choices.) I'll probably find an example in a moment.

EDIT: Ah, got it. Skirk Volcanist. Technically there's a finite amount of possibilities, but you couldn't possibly print a card that requires so much math skill to be able to use. ;) Just ditch that line, you'll mostly be fine.

Meanwhile:

Akthäl Kömos, Dwarven Weaponsmith
2RR
Legendary Creature - Dwarf
TAP, sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for an equipment card and put it into play.
3/3

Next card: Solid Gold Trade Depot (I built one of these in Dwarf Fortress ^_^)

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:08 am UTC

Solid Gold Trade Depot
3R
Artifact
T: Exchange control of an artifact you control with another target artifact that target player controls
If it is an equipment card, and it is equipped to an elf, you may gain control of it without exchanging an artifact that you control. That elf must attack you during it's controller's next attack step.
RR, Sacrifice Solid Gold Trade Depot: Destroy target creature. If it was equipped gain control of all equipment that was attached to it.

We're enchanted by your more ethereal works.

Next card: Dwarven Atom Smasher.

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 am UTC

Good points, there. I'd be happy to leave the random element out of it.

Spoilered for being ninja'd:

Spoiler:
Solid Gold Trade Depot
Artifact Land

Solid Gold Trade Depot comes into play tapped.
T: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
T: Choose one: Gain X life -or- add X colorless mana to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures who attacked you this turn. Use this ability only once each turn.

"I still think we should have gone with elf soap, myself." - Akthäl Kömos, Dwarven Weaponsmith

Dwarven Atom Smasher
Artifact

T: Exile target card in a graveyard. It gains "If this card would leave the exile zone, it remains exiled."

The wizard was impressed by the display, but couldn't comprehend the dwarves' obsession with "framerate".

Next card: Skeletal Carp

Return to “Forum Games”