Create a Card: MTG

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

UMOP

Re: Create a Card: MTG

Postby UMOP » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm UTC

Screamclaws the Demented
1BB
Legendary Creature — Imp Horror
Double strike, rampage 3
3/1

Even the greatest of demons cannot match his bloodlust.

Next card: Gobstop

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 pm UTC

Gobstop
5B
Instant
Split Second

Counter target spell. The player of that spell cannot play any more spells until end of turn, unless he or she pays 4.

Summon Dem--mmph!

Next: Cloud of Fatigue
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.
I think the latter group is awesome.

undecim

Postby undecim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 pm UTC

Cloud of Fatigue
2B
Enchantment

Creatures may not attack on the turn they entered play.

Creatures without haste may not attack on the turn after they entered play

The sky wasn't black; It was darker than that. So dark in fact that it seemed to slowly suck the life out of all who looked at it.

Next Card: Luk-Dat-Yt
Last edited by undecim on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Blue, blue, blue

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:28 pm UTC

Luk-Dat-Yt
X
Artifact

Use only blue mana to pay for X. Place X Sight counters onto ~ when it enters play.

Remove X Sight counters, T: Look at the top X card of target players library. Then return them to the top of the library in any order you wish.
UU: Add a Sight counter to ~.

Next card: Imperturbable Warmth
Last edited by BurningLed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.

UMOP

Postby UMOP » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm UTC

I think you're getting B and U mixed up.

Imperturbable Warmth
RRR
Enchantment
All snow lands in play are no longer snow. At the beginning of each players upkeep, that player sacrifices any snow creatures they control.

Next Card: Igor's Needlework

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm UTC

Igor's Needlework - B
Artifact - Equipment
Equip - B
Equipped creature gets -1/-1 and "When this creature is sent to the graveyard from play, you may put two +1/+1 counters on a creature you control."
Ogir's attempt to create an elixer of vampirism failed, changing flesh to metal instead. His second personality, an artificer, seems to have made up for this failure.

Next Card: Champion of the Frozen Wastes
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
— Oscar Wilde

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm UTC

You're right, i did xD

Champion of the Frozen Wastes
3BU
Enchantment
Enchant Creature

You may only enchant snow creatures with this card. Enchanted creature gains +2/+2 and first strike. Enchanted is unblockable unless enemy player controls a snow land. Enchanted creature is treated as a legendary creature.

The sun withered in the face of that frozen beacon of power.

Next: Bombtooth, Demon of the Frost

Kain

Postby Kain » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:56 pm UTC

BurningLed wrote:You're right, i did xD

Champion of the Frozen Wastes
3BU
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Snow Creature. Enchanted creature gains +2/+2 and first strike. Enchanted is unblockable unless enemy player controls a snow land. Enchanted creature is treated as a legendary creature.

The sun withered in the face of that frozen beacon of power.

Next: Bombtooth, Demon of the Frost

Bombtooth, Demon of the Frost
RRRBBU
Legendary Snow Creature - Demon
T: Destroy Target Creature. Each Creature and Player takes damage equal to that creature's converted mana cost.
5/5

Next Card: Viking's Soul
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 pm UTC

Viking's Soul
RR
Sorcery

Target creature has +4/-2. Destroy that creature at end of turn.

Next: Chronofield

undecim

Postby undecim » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:52 am UTC

Chronofield
Land

Chronofield comes into play tapped.

T: Add U to your mana pool

UU,T: Add a charge counter to Chronofield

Remove a charge counter from Chronofield: Add U to your mana pool

At the end of your turn, if there are any charge counters on Cronofield, remove them and add U to your mana pool for every charge counter removed this way.

Next Card: Masquerade
Blue, blue, blue

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 am UTC

How come you people are designing so many cards that suck, and so few that are overpowered? Okay, there's Screamclaws, but that's drowned in the dozen or so horribly overpriced things around it. For instance, the Lachrymose Fiend on the last page - for 3BB, you could probably get a demon that's 5/4 to begin with and has "B, tap: Destroy target creature."

Masquerade
BU
Enchantment
3: Choose two target creatures. Each one becomes a copy of the other until end of turn.

Next card: Mons's Goblin Launcher
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

UMOP

Postby UMOP » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 am UTC

Mons's Goblin Launcher
2R
Tribal Artifact — Goblin
T: Target Goblin gets +3/+0 and flying until end of turn. At the end of the turn, destroy it.
Tap a creature you control: Untap Mon's Goblin Launcher.

Mons contrived a method for enabling his raiders to leap great distances in a single bound. Two bounds, however, proved problematic.

Next Card: Arcbound Sliver (this is the most broken concept I could think of off the top of my head, but if anyone can make this suck, it's us, amirite pillager)

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 am UTC

Arcbound Sliver
X
Artifact

For every color of mana used to pay for X, place one burst counter onto ~.
Whenever an enemy creature with converted mana cost higher than the number of burst counters on ~ is killed, place one burst counter onto ~.

T, Remove X burst counters: Deal X damage to all enemy creatures.

---
How's that for overpowered?

Next: Tome of Anger

undecim

Postby undecim » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 pm UTC

Tome of Anger
Artifact - Equipment

Equip 2

Target creature has "T: This creature gets +5/+0 and first strike"

Rage is indeed a powerful source of energy during a battle, but I think it might be more useful if you would stop reading that damn book and actually hit someone.

Next Card: Sudden Storm
Blue, blue, blue

Von Haus

Postby Von Haus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm UTC

Arcbound =/= sunburst?
Sliver?

Sudden Storm
RRR
Instant
Split-second
Storm
Sudden Storm deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Storms aren't known for their subtlety.

Next Card:- Split Card, Inspire/Perspire
A bee sees Dee 'effigy' Hitch, I 'Jay' kill, amen OP, queue arresty UV double, you ex-wizard!

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 pm UTC

Well, the only 'arcbound' cards i've seen are Arcbound Drone (Maybe? had Modular 1, that's all i remember) and Arcbound Wanderer, which does have sunburst. And a sliver is a thin, sharp shard of a material, so damaging effects make sense.

Anyways...

Inspire//Perspire

Inspire
W
Enchantment

All creatures you control have +2/+2. At the beginning of your upkeep, flip this card.
----
Perspire
Instant

Tap all creatures you control unless you pay X, where X is twice the number of creatures you control.

------------------------

I know the enchantment -> instant effect is weird, but the alternative was to make it flip to something that exiled itself at the end of turn, which would be overly complicated.

Next: Clansman's Wyrd

Isvan

Postby Isvan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 pm UTC

Clansman's Wyrd
RG
Enchantment
At the beginning of every upkeep, put a fate counter on Clansman's Wyrd.
1(2/G), remove 2 fate counters: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each fate counter on Clansman's Wyrd.
1(2/R), add 2 fate counters: Target creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player, 1 damage to itself and 1 damage to you for each counter on Clansman's Wyrd.
At the end of your turn, if Clansman's Wyrd has more than five or less than two fate counters on it, sacrifice it and all creatures you control.
4: Gain control of Clansman's Wyrd. Any player may play this ability.
The gods of the clansmen are notoriously fickle, enough so that their names are invoked in curses far more often than in prayer.

Next card: The Darkness of Eternity

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 pm UTC

The Darkness of Eternity
BBBBB
Legendary Artifact

Tap all creatures. Creatures do not untap during their untap step.

{3/BB}: Untap target creature. Any player may play this ability.
BB: Counter target spell or effect targeting ~.

Life, matter, energy, mana... It was all isolated and eroded in the presence of that mysterious orb.

Next: Soul Recharge

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:56 pm UTC

UMOP wrote:Next Card: Arcbound Sliver (this is the most broken concept I could think of off the top of my head, but if anyone can make this suck, it's us, amirite pillager)

You know, it isn't really very nice to give the next person a cardname that basically dictates what the text of the card will be. In this case, it should have been something like:

Arcbound Sliver
Artifact Creature - Sliver
1/1
As Arcbound Sliver or any other Sliver enters the battlefield, its power and toughness become 0, then put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is its printed power.
Whenever a Sliver is put into a graveyard, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.

...which isn't terribly overpowered. I guess you could make it somewhat overpowered by saying "...and all Slivers are artifact creatures" (and not raising the mana cost to compensate), but it's still not incredible as long as your opponent has any creature or artifact removal.

The name for a card that's supposed to be overpowered is "Yawgmoth's Time Mox." (I didn't make that up; it was on the MtG site about five years ago, based on the fact that cards with names containing those three words were the most likely to end up on the banned/restricted lists.)

And now:

Soul Recharge
B
Sorcery
Gain life equal to the total amount of life lost by all opponents this turn.

Next card: Yawgmoth's Time Mox
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Not_an_S

Postby Not_an_S » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm UTC

Yawgmoth's Time Mox
5B
Artifact
Indestructable
BBBBBBBBBB - Sacrifice Yawgmoth's Time Mox. Hands, graveyards and all permanents are shuffled into their owner's library. Each player draws 7 cards.

Next Card - Sliver Sliver

UMOP

Postby UMOP » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 pm UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:You know, it isn't really very nice to give the next person a cardname that basically dictates what the text of the card will be.

Some might argue that stating that people are designing "so many cards that suck" isn't really very nice either.

Sliver Sliver
4{U/R}{U/R}{U/R}
Creature — Sliver
Replicate 4{U/R}{U/R}{U/R}
Sliver spells you cast have replicate. The replicate cost is equal to its mana cost. (Replicated creatures are played as tokens.)
4/4

Huzzah, simpler than I thought it would be, just had to shove an existing mechanic into something it's never been before.

Anyway, next card: Soda Fountain of Youth

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 am UTC

Soda Fountain of Youth
4B
Legendary Artifact

UU: Regenerate any creature with converted mana cost of 3 or less.

Childish wonderment has saved more lives than any mage's spell, my son.

Next: Cylindrical Spellcage

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 am UTC

Cylindrical Spellcage - 3UU
Enchantment
Flash (This spell can be played at any time you could play an instant.)
When Cylindrical Spellcage enters the battlefield, exile target noncreature spell and imprint it on Cylindrical Spellcage.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player copies the imprinted spell and puts it on the stack, starting with you. Each player chooses targets (if any) for the spell when it is placed on the stack.
"I watched as my spell spiraled into the sky, as the wizard's magic folding around it on every side. Trembling, I saw my spell return with an unearthly force I could have never beginned to imagine."
-The Vision of Erysia, vol III

Next Card: Gray Dawn
— Oscar Wilde

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 am UTC

UMOP wrote:Some might argue that stating that people are designing "so many cards that suck" isn't really very nice either.

Sorry, I meant cards that are seriously underpowered, and hence would suck to have in your deck. Not that the card design sucks.

Gray Dawn
W
Instant
If a creature would deal damage to a creature or player this turn, it deals half that much damage, rounded down, to that creature or player instead.
Draw a card.

Next card: Stray War Dog (I've been playing too much Dwarf Fortress recently!)

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 am UTC

Gray Dawn
WB
Sorcery

All creatures you control have -1/-1 until end of turn. You gain 2 life for each creature you control.
The warm rain refreshed their bodies as the dying sun drained their spirits.

Stray War Dog
2R
Creature - Dog
4/3
When ~ enters play, place 1 allegiance counter onto it.

X: Gain control of ~, where X is the number of allegiance counters on ~. Place another allegiance counter onto ~. Any player may play this ability.

A fearsome mongrel, whose honor is only bound by the largest slab of meat.

Next: Manure Cannon

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:24 am UTC

Manure Cannon
Artifact

During your upkeep, put X manure counters on Manure Cannon, where X is the combined toughness of creatures you control.
2, Remove 5 manure counters from Manure Cannon: Manure Cannon deals 1 damage to target creature. Tap the targeted creature.

Upon its unveiling, the soldiers finally understood the role of the Poopsmith.

Next Card: Bureaucratic Ritual
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:40 am UTC

Bureaucratic Ritual
2WWW
Enchantment

When Bureaucratic Ritual enters play, place 2 litigation counters onto target creature, and tap it. Any creature with a litigation counter does not untap during their untap step.

At the beginning of your upkeep, remove 1 litigation counter from all creatures which have litigation counters.

WW: Place a litigation counter onto target creature, tap that creature.
3: Remove a litigation counter from target creature. Any player may play this ability.

Wars are won through finance far more often than might.

Edit: Better?
Reedit: Reworked again.

Next: Engineer's Bones
Last edited by BurningLed on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:06 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 pm UTC

BurningLed wrote:All creatures with litigation counters on them are tapped

That doesn't work in the slightest...
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

Kain

Postby Kain » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
BurningLed wrote:All creatures with litigation counters on them are tapped

That doesn't work in the slightest...

How about "Tap target creature, and put a ~ counter on it." and " permanents with ~ counters do not untap during their controllers untap steps, and cannot be untapped to pay for activated abilites."

Engineer's Bones
1BB
Artifact
T: Regenerate target artifact. You lose 1 life.
Damn it Man, I'm an Engineer, not a Medical Doctor! (get it? Bones? Get it? ... you got it :( ...)
(is it ":( )" or ":(" with a missing end parenthesis?)
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Mishrak

Postby Mishrak » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm UTC

Next card? :?

Hix

Postby Hix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm UTC

Parentheses
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Permanent
Enchanted permanent's rule text becomes reminder text. (Reminder text has no effect on the game)

Next Card: Forget-me-not

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 pm UTC

Forget-me-not
3B
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature

Whenever enchanted creature destroys another permanent, place a +1/+1 counter on it. (This effect affects creature effects as well as combat, but is not affected by equipment effects or other enchantment effects.)

Every existence destroyed is burned forever into his hands.

Next: Tome of Modesty

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:39 am UTC

Tome of Modesty
Artifact
Creatures you control get -1/+1.
TAP: Draw a card. Play this ability only if you have exactly two cards in your hand.

Next card: Tome of Despair

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 am UTC

Tome of Despair
Artifact

All creatures have -1/-1. (This affects enemy creatures also.)

T, Sacrifice ~: All creatures have +2/+2 until end of turn. (This affects enemy creatures also.)

Damnit, mage, your magic is depressing me more than it is them. Conjure up something happy, would you?

Next: Tome of Fate

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 am UTC

Tome of Fate - 3
Artifact
All spells you control have scry 1 and fateseal 1.
T, Sacrifice Tome of Fate: Exile the top card of each player's library. Fateseal 3, and Scry 3.
C
"I know everything you are thinking: 'You're obviously lying, I mean who would fa- OOH! BUTTERFLY!' Um, nevermind, I don't really need to do this, do I?"
-Arcanis the Omnipotent

Next card: Stream of conscienceness (hope I spelled that right.)
— Oscar Wilde

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 am UTC

Stream of Consciousness / Stream of Conscientiousness
XU / XW
Instant / Instant
Draw X cards, then discard X cards. / Each player gains X life, then you gain X life.

Next card: Despicable Dodecahedron

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:19 am UTC

Despicable Dodecahedron
Artifact
When you play Despicable Dodecahedron, roll a twelve sided die. Put that many charge counters on Despicable Dodecahedron.
Cumulative Upkeep: Each player loses 1 life for each charge counter on Despicable Dodecahedron.
Pay 6 life: Return Despicable Dodecahedron to your hand.

Next Card: "This time I didn't forget the ... never mind!"

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am UTC

Nevermind
Instant
Split Second
Return target card to your hand that was played this turn. Add mana to your mana pool equal to its mana cost.

Summon Pretty Butterflies! Er... Nevermind.

(E:Reworked it due to overpoweredness)

Next: Coalescing Lights
Last edited by BurningLed on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Isvan

Postby Isvan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm UTC

Coalescing Lights
2W
Enchantment
Whenever a time counter is removed from a permanent you control or a suspended card you own, put a 1/1 Spirit creature token into play.
Sacrifice six Spirits: Remove a card in your hand from the game and put a time counter on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.
They are the lights at the end of the tunnel- but it's the darkness you should be worried about.

Next Card: Flamewake

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:40 pm UTC

BurningLed wrote:Nevermind
Instant
Return target card to your hand. Add mana to your mana pool equal to its mana cost.

O_o Wow that's broken.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

Return to “Forum Games”