The Wikipedia game

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm UTC
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Postby fatduck » Thu May 17, 2007 5:43 pm UTC

Col. Mustard wrote:I did it in 4. Does that count?

Derrick -> Elizabethan era -> Twelve Days of Christmas -> Christmas pudding -> Custard


If so, try Genocide to EMO in 5 or less


Genocide -> League of Nations -> Sweden -> Emo (Sweden's mentioned on "Genocide" but not linked unfortunately)

Again, "Jerry Falwell" to "Che Guevera" in 4

User avatar
MFHodge
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 pm UTC
Location: :noitacoL Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Postby MFHodge » Thu May 17, 2007 5:49 pm UTC

fatduck wrote:Is it cheating to use "List of..." pages if you get there from a single page?

Derrick->Elizabethan Era->Christmas->List of Christmas dishes->Custard


I would say it's a case-by-case kind of thing. I try to solve be the rule that it has to be a logical progression (and therefore "solvable"). Your's seems to be a good answer.

User avatar
MFHodge
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 pm UTC
Location: :noitacoL Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Postby MFHodge » Thu May 17, 2007 5:58 pm UTC

fatduck wrote:Again, "Jerry Falwell" to "Che Guevera" in 4


Jerry Falwell -> Time (magazine) -> Hitler -> Marxism -> Che Guevera

From Google to Zodiac in 3.

User avatar
Amalas
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm UTC

Postby Amalas » Thu May 17, 2007 8:25 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:From Google to Zodiac in 3.


Google > Moon > Month > Zodiac

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm UTC
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Postby fatduck » Fri May 18, 2007 12:35 am UTC

Amalas wrote:
VTHodge wrote:From Google to Zodiac in 3.


Google > Moon > Month > Zodiac


When you win you're supposed to offer the next challenge :D

User avatar
Amalas
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm UTC

Postby Amalas » Fri May 18, 2007 2:42 am UTC

fatduck wrote:
Amalas wrote:
VTHodge wrote:From Google to Zodiac in 3.


Google > Moon > Month > Zodiac


When you win you're supposed to offer the next challenge :D

Oops. :oops:

Knitting -> Benjamin Franklin in 4 steps

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Postby Rodan » Fri May 18, 2007 10:41 am UTC

I could have gotten there in five, but somebody edited bamboo...

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Postby cycoden » Fri May 18, 2007 11:17 am UTC

Knitting > Wire > Electricity > Benjamin Franklin

How about:

Osama Bin Laden to Mario in three

User avatar
Amalas
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm UTC

Postby Amalas » Fri May 18, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:Knitting > Wire > Electricity > Benjamin Franklin

How about:

Osama Bin Laden to Mario in three


Heh, that's not how I got from Knitting to Ben Franklin, but your way is certainly shorter. :)

I can do Osama to Mario in 4
Osama bin Laden > South Park > South Park (video game) > Nintendo 64 > Mario

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm UTC
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Postby fatduck » Fri May 18, 2007 2:49 pm UTC

Amalas wrote:
cycoden wrote:Knitting > Wire > Electricity > Benjamin Franklin

How about:

Osama Bin Laden to Mario in three


Heh, that's not how I got from Knitting to Ben Franklin, but your way is certainly shorter. :)

I can do Osama to Mario in 4
Osama bin Laden > South Park > South Park (video game) > Nintendo 64 > Mario


Osama bin Laden -> 1997 -> 1990s -> Mario

Try : Voltron to Tyrannosaurus Rex in 3 :p

sayheykid999
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 3:44 pm UTC

Postby sayheykid999 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 pm UTC

Voltron -> T-rex:

Voltron -> 1990s -> Jurassic Park -> T-rex



How about:

Finnish (Language) -> Greek (Language) in 5 or less (I found a way to get there in 4...but it's a lot less fun)

User avatar
Amalas
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm UTC

Postby Amalas » Fri May 18, 2007 4:06 pm UTC

sayheykid999 wrote:Finnish (Language) -> Greek (Language) in 5 or less (I found a way to get there in 4...but it's a lot less fun)


Well, Finnish language > Language family > Greek language

DNA to NDA in 4 steps.

Edit so as not to double-post: You guys are aware that there is a Six degrees of Wikipedia site that will find all of this for you, right? I am not using it for this game because I like finding things myself, but it's pretty interesting.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm UTC
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Postby fatduck » Fri May 18, 2007 4:34 pm UTC

Amalas wrote:
sayheykid999 wrote:Finnish (Language) -> Greek (Language) in 5 or less (I found a way to get there in 4...but it's a lot less fun)


Well, Finnish language > Language family > Greek language

DNA to NDA in 4 steps.

Edit so as not to double-post: You guys are aware that there is a Six degrees of Wikipedia site that will find all of this for you, right? I am not using it for this game because I like finding things myself, but it's pretty interesting.


Ha I was thinking about writing a program to do this, actually :P

DNA -> Computer Science -> Computer -> File Format -> NDA

George W. Bush to Monkey in 3.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Postby Rodan » Fri May 18, 2007 7:20 pm UTC

well, I used that program Amalas mentioned, so I don't think I'll try this one (though I want to!)
Also, I could swear I tried that path to Ben Franklin... weird.

User avatar
Col. Mustard
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 7:05 am UTC
Location: In the study with the knife.
Contact:

Postby Col. Mustard » Sat May 19, 2007 7:02 pm UTC

George W. Bush > AIDS > Primate > Monkey
that's the closest I've gotten, but I haven't given up yet

edit: thanks for pointing that out Rodan, lack of sleep is catching up with me.

since I got it how about...

Charles Darwin to Parallel parking in 4
Last edited by Col. Mustard on Sat May 19, 2007 7:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Postby Rodan » Sat May 19, 2007 7:03 pm UTC

but... that's in three.

User avatar
spectacu-awesome
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:28 am UTC
Location: the big C down under
Contact:

Postby spectacu-awesome » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:02 am UTC

With regards to dubya to monkeys, i got dubya to A monkey in 2

George W. Bush > India > Nilgiri Leaf Monkey

try this one in 3:
Ultimate (sport) > The Communist Manifesto

(sorry, I'm counting the number of links, not the number of pages, inclusive of first and last)
Graphing rational functions is a pain in the asymptote
We're number -[e^(pi*i)]

redwards
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 8:46 pm UTC

Postby redwards » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

spectacu-awesome wrote:With regards to dubya to monkeys, i got dubya to A monkey in 2

George W. Bush > India > Nilgiri Leaf Monkey

try this one in 3:
Ultimate (sport) > The Communist Manifesto

(sorry, I'm counting the number of links, not the number of pages, inclusive of first and last)


Ultimate (sport) > U.K. > Karl Marx > Communist Manifesto

Try:
The Communist Manifesto > Scuba Diving in 3

User avatar
xooll
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby xooll » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:30 pm UTC

Hmm... I just misread the two open ones and did The Communist Manifesto to Parallel Parking in four...
Communist Manifesto -> Transport -> Automobile -> Parking -> Parallel Parking
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

User avatar
Alcas
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:41 am UTC
Location: Minnesota

Postby Alcas » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12 pm UTC

I think this thread should be resurrected...

Somebody try Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End to Bleak House in 4.
"It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people"

dracoaffectus
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

Re: The Wikipedia game

Postby dracoaffectus » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:27 am UTC

I decided to find and ressurect this thread for InsanePyros, so we don't have two of the same.


So the last challenge here was to find a link between Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Bleak House in 4 steps.

Pirates->Tom Hollander->Pride and Prejudice->Carey Mulligan->Bleak House


Next challenge will be Apple to virus in...3 steps


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests