Non-Sequitur Showdown.

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Re: Non-Sequitur Showdown.

Postby Felstaff » Fri May 20, 2011 10:02 am UTC

Is it hard to help you to anyone just like that? Sometimes, even the concept of not having that, you have helped someone, or have created for someone else the right thing. And the fact that rent apartments for rent can I ever help to make this act of my life I would have thought.

I recently did finally bought a new car, as in this case, says dream come true ... meet as something to his dacha. I caught two cuties walking along the road. Accordingly, the braking, I suggest a ride. They quickly agree, get in the car. Next meal is not alone. Prior to my problem very close, about 30 minutes drive away. It seemed to me that the time while we are on the road would be enough to properly meet and chat. Another view of the fact that I have an excellent villa, with a two-story house, then I turned up another plus in our communication. So sweet dreaming that I had introduced them at his dacha. But this call. Taking the phone in hand, I hear the familiar voice of his best childhood friend. I say - what happened, and he told me something for having to rent an apartment in Moscow. Kostya, let's call you later and discuss - I suggest to him. And he wants me to him right here told me about rental property, since he is mute time.

Ah, well, need to rescue people. I tell him that the best option that when you carry rental apartments without intermediaries, Lee also gives easy to do because there's just a huge choice, etc. etc. As a result, had told him about renting apartments without intermediaries everything I could. He initially did not enter, but later began to enter. "Any real estate, rental apartments and more can take place directly with the owner of the property, either through some sort of mediator, who will claim the money for their services - I continue to tell him. More profitable option, when you arenduesh directly from the owner. So do not have to spend too much. Remember how I recently rented out his cottage when he went to sea? "Beauties in my car from something laughed. My friend heard as they laugh. You're there with a girl? - He asks. Ulybayuyas, I say yes, and not even one. He immediately apologized and, as if nothing had happened hangs up.

I ask - why laugh? They respond that it came out very funny: I know so much about the surrender of apartments and even rented his villa in the arena, and they just look for a suitable place for recreation. So it's easy, I burn them for you, I am pleased to be able to organize it. In general familiar to me a few minutes, dear companion, I have stayed at the cottage as much as a month.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri May 20, 2011 9:00 pm UTC

Why do I always get the blueberry muffins you ask? Birds fly, grass grows, sun shines, and brother... I get blueberry muffins.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat May 21, 2011 1:49 am UTC

Mister Fantasmoooo...
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

SmoothBlade

Postby SmoothBlade » Sat May 21, 2011 10:16 am UTC

MY CORNDOGS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HOW DARE YOU BRUSH MY WATER BUFFALO!!! You will suffer unimaginable square dances for this turnip party.
Otherwise known as Cheesy or Machete

A conservative furry! What a rarity!

FCN

Postby FCN » Sun May 22, 2011 6:36 am UTC

I'd love it if there was an easier way, but those just aren't going to work. If you bury it they'll dig it up. Shred it and they'll piece it back together. Burn it and you know they're going to see the smoke. Play around with a toy rocket and you might as well just hand it directly to them. It really does look like the only option.

And it's not so bad. Just get it mushy, mix it in with some scrambled eggs or something, add some hot sauce, and you won't even notice. Okay, that's overstating it a little bit, but still - you can do this. Maybe a curry? You must have a favorite recipe which lets you mix in whatever. All you'll taste is the flavoring, the blender takes care of the consistency, and we already established that it's more or less edible.
Spoiler:
LuNatic wrote:
Dear FCN,
You are:
a) Terrible, but in an awesome way.
or
b) Awesome, but in a terrible way.
I'm having difficulty deciding which.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 pm UTC

Why, yes; I do rhyme "scroll lock" with "bollock", and now you will, too!

scrollocks!
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 am UTC

"Sir! It appears to be a pirate ship occupied by ruffians and ne'er-do-wells!"

"Very well, bosun; aim for the lowest cannon denominator!"

gaga654

Postby gaga654 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:24 am UTC

The homework I ought to be doing right now is causing me to procrastinate.

Vohu Manah
athlete's nipple.

Postby Vohu Manah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:48 am UTC

'Tis sad, Miss Scarlet. I really wish they made a sequel.
Isaac Hill wrote:If this tetonic plate's rockin' such that it registers no less than 6.1 on the Richter scale, don't come a knockin'.

Nat

Postby Nat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:43 pm UTC

NEVER FORGER RULE ONE

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 am UTC

The subject of extraterrestrial life is one with many more questions than answers.
When speculating about alien life, it's open season; anything goes.
We're an inquisitive lot, we humans. But could our inquisitiveness ultimately kill us?

They have the proof of aliens and their crashed crafts too.
Maybe there are more dimensions, complimenting their existence in their world.
We know (to the best of our ability) that the laws of physics are universal.
In such a big place, Earth is unlikely to be the only planet where life has evolved.

I thought of this ages ago.
Of course there would, we as explorers have done exactly that for gain.
Pure water is useful because it has a neutral pH due to its continued dissociation between hydroxide and hydronium ions.
By extension, the findings suggest we are not alone in the universe, he said.
We are not alone in the universe-- and alien life forms may have a lot more in common with life on Earth than we had previously thought.
Water is the main source of life on Earth.
Earth's deserts, for example, have analogues on dry, dusty Mars.

If humans communicate via radio waves, there's a good chance that another intelligent civilization has done the same.
Are aliens already among us? In an effort to find intelligent civilizations, we have to assume that they're a bit like us, so the first thing we look for are radio waves.
Mankind is all about resources. So we continue to listen out for the signal from aliens through ever more ingenious methods. But we are transmitting too.
People need to be ready for contact with interpanetary races of the universe. What will our reactions be and how should we handle it!

This is no doubt that if aliens wanted to dispense with mankind they could have done it long ago.
In 1996 Nasa held a press conference to announce they had found evidence of microscopic life in a martian meteorite known as ALH84001.
I for one would love to be there to die fighting for humanity in some hopeless cause (If i was American) or to win (British), because when it comes down to the crunch you'd better have British people in charge.
Whether a similar bounty of life exists elsewhere in the universe is one of the oldest and most tantalizing questions of science.

We know there are organisms on our planet deep in the earth's crust that can exist on hydrogen and carbon dioxide.
In my opinion! I think they would have to worry about us...

Newly released images from the European Space Agency's Mars Express show Nili Fossae, a system of deep fractures around the giant Isidis impact basin.
Of course, there is always the chance that extraterrestrial life will find us first.
Why don't other planets have meteors with fossilized bacteria hit them?
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

Nat

Postby Nat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:35 pm UTC

oh, but you did Jayne, but you did. YOU TURN ON ANY OF MAY CREW, YOU TURN ON ME . You did this to me.

SANTARII

Postby SANTARII » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:42 am UTC

Who the hecking hark of heinousness is Jayne?
Gobble gobble gobble.
Insert witty comment.

Such a cliché.

Nat

Postby Nat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:23 pm UTC

I just thought "wow, that guy thinks a lot like me!" about my previous comment. then I realized it was my comment. (Also Jayne is from firefly).

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 am UTC

I'd be offended by your views on causality, but I'm too tolerant for you anyway.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:48 am UTC

Which is a handy argument for why we need more Minnesotan pumpkins in the military.

Or is it fewer? I forget. Sometimes there's just not enough/too many Minnesotan pumpkins. Don't you occasionally feel this way, too?

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 pm UTC

Please do not feed the panda Panda cheese. It cannot say no, and that's besides the fact that you never say no to Panda.

Now we have a constipated panda, so thanks for that.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 pm UTC

A tad late, I suppose. Then again, being born with two livers is quite an advantage.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 pm UTC

Remember, kids, if someone offers you drugs... say thank you. That shit's expensive.

Hackfleischkannibale

Postby Hackfleischkannibale » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:59 pm UTC

Pleeease, for just one second, suppose that you could choose. Wouldn't it be much nicer to eat cake at night than outside? I mean, what with this being a capitalistic country club?
If this sentence makes no sense to you, why don't you just change a pig?

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 am UTC

...as the actress said to the bishop.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Moose Hole

Postby Moose Hole » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 pm UTC

Bitches are shit.

a-wan

Postby a-wan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:14 pm UTC

What do you have against beef?

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 pm UTC

Let Z1 be Z2 + C
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 am UTC

EBOLA LASERS! IT'S AN EBOLA SHIP!
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

a-wan

Postby a-wan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm UTC

This just goes to show that you can lead a horse to water, but it's really hard to drown him.

xx75vulcan

Postby xx75vulcan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 pm UTC

The Chicken Flies At Midnight.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:38 am UTC

Well, now you're no longer invited to the premier of Sweeney Toddler: The Demon Baby of Fleet Street.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:28 am UTC

hothothothothothothot

Evengeduld

Postby Evengeduld » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:08 pm UTC

random? | ?modnar
~If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.~

cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:Why study physical chemistry when you can study ethanol metabolism through practical methods?

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:36 am UTC

Metaphors will get you nowhere in life, young walrus!

blademan9999

Postby blademan9999 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:54 pm UTC

I fire all my lazer canons.
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/
That link kills spam[/size][/b][/u]

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 am UTC

Alas, one cannot hope to peel armchairs with knives alone!

blademan9999

Postby blademan9999 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 am UTC

There are two many bananas
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/
That link kills spam[/size][/b][/u]

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:15 am UTC

MMB... mumub....

QuantumED

Postby QuantumED » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 pm UTC

I tried to do well at this game once. Then I got eaten by a butterfly and started writing Haikus.

The above sentence
Does not form a good Haiku
Do not ask me why.
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
~The Tenth Doctor~

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 am UTC

Oh god I've missed you Charles.

That's still your name, right?

Sean Quixote

Postby Sean Quixote » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm UTC

...Is the President of the United States an American citizen?

Poopenheimer

Postby Poopenheimer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 pm UTC

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently.

Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo canines with my sensuous trombone playing. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a rake and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mariners, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear.

I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a travelling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400.

My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby-Dick and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair.

While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have even spoken with Elvis.

Sean Quixote

Postby Sean Quixote » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm UTC

Then, yes, my name is indeed Charles.

Return to “Forum Games”