Forum RPG - Daemon

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Josephine » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:18 am UTC

skellious wrote:[[

I found this:

Audiokinesis or Sonokinesis is the ability to mentally manipulate sound waves or to go beyond one’s current vocal ability, allowing one to project one’s voice or any other noise at extremely high decibels or to manipulate the volume of any desired sound, as well as what sound is projected. One with this power can even use Echolocation to see in utter darkness.

might be a good implimentation of this power

]]

sound manipulation and creation was the general idea, yes.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Lounge
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:05 am UTC

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Lounge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 pm UTC

Again, the time will come when I can write people in. For now, the prison sequence is an intro to the different decision trees the party can take, if a party is formed at all.


[[This is the answer to the question I guess I was trying to ask, I'll put some more thought into fleshing out a character and watch the introduction develop before I join.]]
Dibley wrote:"This plot makes no sense! That's not really a lion, it's a guy in a lion suit!"

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Name: Keldaran Har'than
Alignment: True Neutral
Allegiance: Jemnom
Power: Idiokinesis (Control Over Self as in i can make me move fast and fly and be super strong telekineticly)

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:21 pm UTC

Alright, as a heads up, your characters will probably be from one of the two opposing armies battling outside the jail. You might also be a fellow prisoner/guard. But for now, it's Splecker's guards turn.

He continues to suffocate you.

Jace's turn. (I implied this earlier, sorry if it wasn't clear.)

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Mishrak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm UTC

[[Is there another initiative check necessary for me when I enter the room? If not then I'm assuming I'd act after Jace does. Also, is there anything involved with having an element of surprise since no one really expects me outside of Jace's attempt to increase the chances of my return?]]

I walk back to the cell block because I got bored after finishing my cookies. I notice the fight going on and immediately rush to Jace's aid, by assuming a firm grip on Kevmus' arm which is probing Jace for the keys.

"You both have 3 seconds to cease this before your friend here is dead."

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:21 pm UTC

I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Mishrak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:24 pm UTC

[[We need some dice rolls here to determine if those two events can happen]]

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 pm UTC

Keldaran wrote:I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.


[[ that would be more believable if you weren't choking on clumps of clotted/burnt blood. :P

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm UTC

Mishrak wrote:[[Is there another initiative check necessary for me when I enter the room? If not then I'm assuming I'd act after Jace does. Also, is there anything involved with having an element of surprise since no one really expects me outside of Jace's attempt to increase the chances of my return?]]

I walk back to the cell block because I got bored after finishing my cookies. I notice the fight going on and immediately rush to Jace's aid, by assuming a firm grip on Kevmus' arm which is probing Jace for the keys.

"You both have 3 seconds to cease this before your friend here is dead."


You automatically get added to the bottom of the order. As it is Jace's turn, you will get to go before Jace next turn.

Has Jace even moved?

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Mishrak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:46 pm UTC

[[I don't think he has]]

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:47 pm UTC

i did

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Mishrak » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:49 pm UTC

[[Woops, got confused as to who was who there. For future reference, please don't use "You". Soandso punches you, doesn't mean a lot when we're posting all out of order. Use the person you're punching. Soandso punches Bob.]]

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 am UTC

Keldaran wrote:I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.



[[ I do believe this is his move. If I understand it correctly, 'you' refers to Kevmus, and 'I' refers to Jace. I believe we use third person to prevent this confusion.

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:02 am UTC

[[sorry normally use first person for rpgs in the meat-o-sphere

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:41 am UTC

Keldaran wrote:I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.


No one has a physical hold on you.

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 am UTC

[[i thought i was the one grabbed. oh well, i guess]] jace drops to the ground and tries to not be choked.

[[EDIT fixed fer 3rd person

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:47 am UTC

Gl1tch wrote:
Keldaran wrote:I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.


No one has a physical hold on you.


Really? I could have sworn that Kevmus had a chokehold on his character. In fact, the exact event occurs around here:

kevmus wrote:I grab Jace around the neck and hold him tight against the cell bars with both hands.

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:41 am UTC

Vieto wrote:
Gl1tch wrote:
Keldaran wrote:I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.


No one has a physical hold on you.


Really? I could have sworn that Kevmus had a chokehold on his character. In fact, the exact event occurs around here:

kevmus wrote:I grab Jace around the neck and hold him tight against the cell bars with both hands.


...Oh, okay. I found the post.

Rolling.... good lord a crit.

You knock Kevmus back, and give him a really bloody nose. Kevmus is blinded for one turn.

Splecker starts to charge up a fire-ball

And now its Kevmus' turn.

Tyril
Splecker's Guard
Mishrak
Jace
Splecker
Kevmus

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby kevmus » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:08 am UTC

Gl1tch wrote:
Vieto wrote:
Gl1tch wrote:
Keldaran wrote:I quickly break the hold that you have on me, and punch you in the face then jump away from the bars.


No one has a physical hold on you.


Really? I could have sworn that Kevmus had a chokehold on his character. In fact, the exact event occurs around here:

kevmus wrote:I grab Jace around the neck and hold him tight against the cell bars with both hands.


...Oh, okay. I found the post.

Rolling.... good lord a crit.

You knock Kevmus back, and give him a really bloody nose. Kevmus is blinded for one turn.

Splecker starts to charge up a fire-ball

And now its Kevmus' turn.

Tyril
Splecker's Guard
Mishrak
Jace
Splecker
Kevmus


[[ I assume that I have adrenaline]]

Kevmus mind controls Splecker, Jace, Mishrak, and Splecker's Guard. Kevmus makes them stop attacking (with both mental and physical aspects) and lie facedown on the ground prone and motionless.

[[Err, if I can't control everyone in one turn, then I make Splecker shoot the fireball directly at Mishrak once he charges it.]]

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 pm UTC

Splecker, in a daze, scorches Mishrak in the face.

Mishrak is at 86% health.

Tyril's turn.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:32 pm UTC

[[ If: I can only control one person's blood at a time...

Tryil clot the blood in Splecker's Guard's heart and brain, inducing a stroke and heart attack simultaneously.

[[ If I am not limited by the amount of people, and since clotting blood is not energy-intensive relative to other blood manipulation moves...

Tyril does the above, and he does it to Splecker as well. To Jace, he levitates (by lifting the blood in his body, not being super-careful so it all pools to Jaces head... headaches ensue) and brings over to his bars. In a clear voice, Tyril demands "give me the keys, now."

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm UTC

Splecker's guard dies.

Tyril and Kevmus my breathe again.

Mishrak's turn.

Tyril
Mishrak
Jace
Splecker
Kevmus

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Mishrak » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:59 pm UTC

[[This is what I'd like to do, if I'm allowed to have a baton]]

Mishrak, now furious, passes a substantial amount of electricity through the baton he's carrying and raises it in the air. It arcs to the metal bars and charges them, forming a small force field that when touched would send voltage through whomever touched it. It arcs off the bars and electrocutes both Tyril and Kevmus who are in their cells still.

[[If that's not possible, then]]

Mishrak thrusts his arm through the bars where Tyril is and grabs him tightly. Without hesitating he passes a significant electrical current through Tyril.

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:48 pm UTC

[[ i have decided to keep jace alive, my other character submission can be held in reserve]]

jace, now having coughed up the blood in his throat, reaches through kevmus' bars and grabs him by the back of skull, i then say "i guess today wasn't your lucky day" and promptly bash his head against the cell door increasing the chances he gets knocked unconscious. jace then increases the chance that mishrak's electricity paralyses tyril

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 pm UTC

[[ just gonna say:

1. Tyril is not touching the bars. In fact, he is standing back from the bars. with a dirt floor between them.
2. Kevmus was knocked from the bars. thats a nice gap as well.
3. dirt floors... not good conductors. any electricity grounded in them might spread out a bit, yes, but it would affect Jace too.

4. Tyril is a small bit away from the bars. You may have trouble reaching him. (this is assuming that the jail cells are deeper than a meter in, as that would otherwise be very difficult to sleep in. Tyril and Kevmus have /ranged/ powers, and we are assuming some common sense here.
]]

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 am UTC

Mishrak wrote:Mishrak thrusts his arm through the bars where Tyril is and grabs him tightly. Without hesitating he passes a significant electrical current through Tyril.


Rolling grapple check.... xD xD XD Tyril critically fails.

Tyril, completely blindsided by the blow, finds himself grappled with his arms squashed between him and the bars where he cannot move them. He is taking electric damage and will die in three turns unless grapple is broken.
Keldaran wrote:[[ i have decided to keep jace alive, my other character submission can be held in reserve]]

jace, now having coughed up the blood in his throat, reaches through kevmus' bars and grabs him by the back of skull, i then say "i guess today wasn't your lucky day" and promptly bash his head against the cell door increasing the chances he gets knocked unconscious. jace then increases the chance that mishrak's electricity paralyses tyril


Rolling... two fails =(

Tyril isn't paralyzed, and kevmus isn't grappled.

Vieto wrote:[[ just gonna say:
1. Tyril is not touching the bars. In fact, he is standing back from the bars. with a dirt floor between them.
]]

Vieto wrote:To Jace, he levitates (by lifting the blood in his body, not being super-careful so it all pools to Jaces head... headaches ensue) and brings over to his bars. In a clear voice, Tyril demands "give me the keys, now."


Sorry if I wasn't clear if that happened or not, but you levitated him right up to your face for intimidation purposes and such. You were in range =(

So, what happened: You killed the guard and levitated Jace close to you, demanding the keys. He instead tried to grab you, but your blood bending stopped him.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:35 am UTC

Gl1tch wrote:Sorry if I wasn't clear if that happened or not, but you levitated him right up to your face for intimidation purposes and such. You were in range =(


[[ I'm quite 'shocked' at these events. =/ anyways, it appears to be splecker's turn, followed by Kevmus.
[[ also, by '3 turns', do you mean 3 of my turns, or 3 turns being <splecker, then kevmus, then I, then death>?

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby kevmus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:38 am UTC

[[so, um, did splecker go yet? if he did, then it's my turn and:]]

Kevmus mind controls Mishrak to make him let go of Tyril and grab onto and shock Jace and Splecker for as long as he can.

[[I'm assuming that Mishrak can reach them.]]


[[Also, why do you sometimes use health and sometimes 'die in x turns'? Could you clarify, is getting shocked not damaging Tyril's health?]]

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 pm UTC

Splecker rolls intelligence save... and fails. Mind control prevents him from moving.
kevmus wrote:[[so, um, did splecker go yet? if he did, then it's my turn and:]]

Kevmus mind controls Mishrak to make him let go of Tyril and grab onto and shock Jace and Splecker for as long as he can.

[[I'm assuming that Mishrak can reach them.]]


[[Also, why do you sometimes use health and sometimes 'die in x turns'? Could you clarify, is getting shocked not damaging Tyril's health?]]


Releasing Splecker from mind control, you have freed him for his next move. To clarify, moves that do turn by turn damage are measured in how many turns until death. They still do damage. E.G, Tyril was shocked for 1/3 of turns needed to kill him, he's at 67% life. Mishrak is at 84% life by the way.

Intelligence check.. succeeds.

Mishrak resists your mind control.

Jace's turn.

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:34 pm UTC

jace pulls out his sword and attempt to stab kevmus, if he does not have a sword then he throws a punch

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm UTC

[[ you skipped my turn. As I recall, I was not paralyzed.

Gl1tch wrote:Tyril isn't paralyzed, and kevmus isn't grappled.


[[ therefore...

Tyril uses his power to clot the blood in Mishrack's heart and brain, in an attempt to induce a heart attack and stroke.

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

....noooo?

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

Tyril - Up next
Mishrak - Did shocky thing
Jace - Failed grapple
Splecker - Couldn't move under mind control
Kevmus - Up now

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm UTC

Gl1tch wrote:....noooo?

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

Tyril - Up next
Mishrak - Did shocky thing
Jace - Failed grapple
Splecker - Couldn't move under mind control
Kevmus - Up now


Gl1tch wrote:[Kevmus's attempted mind control of Mishrak]
Intelligence check.. succeeds.

Mishrak resists your mind control.

Jace's turn.


[[what you posted.

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:03 am UTC

Huh? Oh sorry!

Jace goes after Mishrak, I got confused. It's kevmus' turn ;D

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby kevmus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:16 am UTC

[[ what? didn't I just go? If it is my turn then

Kevmus mindcontrols jace into attacking mishrak

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 am UTC

[[and now my move.

Tyril uses his power to clot the blood in Mishrack's heart and brain, in an attempt to induce a heart attack and stroke.

User avatar
Gl1tch
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Gl1tch » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:24 pm UTC

Oh good lord this is a cluster.

Tyril
Mishrak
Jace
Splecker
Kevmus

AH! Found the issue. Let's go with this.

Vieto was right, it was Tyril's turn. I'm getting better remembering which user has which character. Feel free to rage quit or spam me, it's all my fault for screwing up the turn order.

Tyril did use his power to clot the blood in Mishrack's heart and brain. Rolling... success.
Mishrack is having a heart attack and simultaneous stroke, and is incapped. But rolling his luck save (I try not to let player characters die) he'll live until after the battle when you may choose to save him or not.

And now Mishrak's move is skipped, he's been incapped.

And NOW it's Jace's turn.

I think we're good.

User avatar
Mishrak
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm UTC
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Mishrak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm UTC

[[Have Jace kill Tyril please. He's a monster! :P]]

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Vieto » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:36 pm UTC

Mishrak wrote:[[Have Jace kill Tyril please. He's a monster! :P]]

[[ we could have gone quietly, but no, you guys just had to burst in. :P

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: Forum RPG - Daemon

Postby Keldaran » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 pm UTC

i increase the chances of tyril having an aneurysm this instant and throw a punch at kevmus

[[i am assuming that adrenaline affects everyones abilities to a certain extent, and that the chances always go up to 100% or at least 99.99999999 continous]]


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests