The Eternal Flame War

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
kaimason1
WINNING
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 am UTC
Location: See avatar.

The Eternal Flame War

Postby kaimason1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:58 am UTC

The rules are simple: Summer Glau the previous poster. In other words, criticize their post in every respect in as many words as possible. Rip them apart.

To start (a common post I see on youtube):

i canot beelive how stoopid yu al r caus 2012 willl kill us all and the end is neer and i am not sitting thru it.
SexyTalon wrote:If it walks like a person, talks like a person, and tastes like a person, it's probably a person. Or I Can't Believe It's Not People, which cannibals prefer to Soylent Green nearly 5 to 1 in a blind taste test.

User avatar
inexplicable
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby inexplicable » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:00 am UTC

2012 can suck my dick.

You are quite possibly the WORST human I have known to post on the internet.

Even someone who intentionally programmed a bot for failure would still not exceed the level at which you suck.
Admiral Ackbar o's Cereal wrote:You can't handle flavor of this magnitude!

User avatar
eggdudeguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am UTC
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby eggdudeguy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 am UTC

inexplicable wrote:2012 can suck my dick.


Only someone beyond idiot would think that 2012, a non-tangible year, is capable of preforming such an act.

Years can't do crap besides sit on a frigging calendar and look cool.

They won't be preforming any erotic acts for you any time soon... although that might be all the action you can possibly get! Dick service from a year!
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.


I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

User avatar
lulzfish
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby lulzfish » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 am UTC

eggdudeguy wrote:
inexplicable wrote:2012 can suck my dick.

Only someone beyond idiot would think that 2012, a non-tangible year, is capable of preforming such an act.

Obviously he was being sarcastic. Or do you not know what that is?
eggdudeguy wrote:Years can't do crap besides sit on a frigging calendar and look cool.

Years can't sit, they're a human abstraction of how time passes.

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kevmus » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 am UTC

lulzfish wrote:
eggdudeguy wrote:
inexplicable wrote:2012 can suck my dick.

Only someone beyond idiot would think that 2012, a non-tangible year, is capable of preforming such an act.

Obviously he was being sarcastic. Or do you not know what that is?


Inexplicable personified that a year (2012) was capable of a human action (sucking a penis).
eggdudeguy called him out on it.
You said he was obviously being sarcastic.

lulzfish wrote:
eggdudeguy wrote:Years can't do crap besides sit on a frigging calendar and look cool.

Years can't sit, they're a human abstraction of how time passes.


Eggdudeguy personified a year by saying that it was capable of performing a human action (sitting).
You call him out on it.

How does your own argument of "Don't you understand sarcasm???" work right against you?

To wit:
lulzfish wrote:
lulzfish wrote:Years can't sit, they're a human abstraction of how time passes.
Obviously he was being sarcastic. Or do you not know what that is?


Clearly, when your argument can be used against you, it's a weak argument.

User avatar
poxic
Eloquently Prismatic
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am UTC
Location: Left coast of Canada

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby poxic » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:19 am UTC

My GOD, it's like reading YouTube comments in here. Can't any of you just grow up and act like reasonable people? Wait, I guess I'm in totally the wrong forum for that. Sheesh.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Duban
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Duban » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:23 am UTC

poxic wrote:My GOD, it's like reading YouTube comments in here. Can't any of you just grow up and act like reasonable people? Wait, I guess I'm in totally the wrong forum for that. Sheesh.

Dumbass, can't you realize you're acting like the same kind of idiot that you're criticizing the other people for being. Only you're not just as bad as they are. You're WORSE then they are because you're a hypocrite too. Don't act like you're the paragon of kindness while being worse then everyone around you.

If you're going to be an idiot at least admit you're about as intelligent as a brick, jeez.
It is not the gods I fear. No, It is those who claim to speak for them that concern me.

User avatar
poxic
Eloquently Prismatic
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am UTC
Location: Left coast of Canada

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby poxic » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 am UTC

Duban wrote:while being worse then everyone around you.

And some dipstick who can't speak English is telling me I'm "about as intelligent as a brick"? Yeah, right.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 am UTC

kevmus, stop being a smart ass. You know EXACTLY what they meant. You should feel bad and go punish yourself.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

Duban
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Duban » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 am UTC

It is not the gods I fear. No, It is those who claim to speak for them that concern me.

User avatar
Phrozt
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Phrozt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

eggdudeguy wrote:Years can't do crap besides sit on a frigging calendar and look cool.


And that's... why you'll never touch a vagina in your life.

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Max2009 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm UTC

Phrozt wrote:
eggdudeguy wrote:Years can't do crap besides sit on a frigging calendar and look cool.


And that's... why you'll never touch a vagina in your life.

Having done extensive research on the interactions that take place between humans I feel I must respectfully disagree.
The mere laws of probability dictate that without any further input eggdudeguy has a 50% chance of touching a vagina every time eggdudeguy uses the bathroom.
If, however, you were to assume that eggdudeguy's choice of nickname is somehow representative of his or her gender, and make the further assumption that that gender is male, which is in itself an interesting deduction based on insufficient data, then you are still most likely to be mistaken.
I cannot see any theory that would explain the cause and affect relationship between achieving tactile sensation of the outer portions of the female reproductive organs and an interesting, if nonsensical, post on an online internet forum.
Furthermore, social analyses reveal that most heterosexual males of a certain age in western society have at some point achieved tactile sensation of the outer portions of female genitalia, regardless of their online activities.
This leaves the homosexual male.
Making no assumptions, eggdudeguy may indeed be a homosexual male, in which case the likelihood of his achieving said tactile sensation drops dramatically, but still remains a nonzero number. You fail to include the possibility that eggdudeguy is (or may be training to become) an obstetrician, in which case he would indeed achieve tactile sensation of the outer female genitialia, and more frequently than most people.
Furthermore, were this indeed the case, that eggdudeguy is a homosexual, then he would have no desire to achieve said tactile sensation and your statement is empty.
In summation, you Phrozt are a twit, and have failed to impress me with the knowledge you posses on the subject, if any.
Signed
Summer Glau
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Phrozt
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Phrozt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 pm UTC

Max2009 wrote:Furthermore, social analyses reveal that most heterosexual males of a certain age in western society have at some point achieved tactile sensation of the outer portions of female genitalia, regardless of their online activities.


I made my statement based on the fact that he thinks years "look cool on a calendar," Leo Tolstoy. L2read.

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Max2009 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:13 pm UTC

Once again I fail to see the connection between the words you have written and the intended meaning of your statement.
I assume you mean to infer some kind of negative connotations to eggdudeguy's choice of words, and thus point at what might be a lack of intelligence.
Surely you will agree with me that the term "cool" can be used to apply not only to a subjective temperature difference but also to some element that is new and unexpected, and in addition provokes a positive emotional response.
Since most mundane calendars show the progression of days through months and months through a year, and each calendar for only a single year, then one is not likely to see multiple years on a single calendar. Therefore, a calendar that does have multiple years on a single calendar would be new and exciting, and could provoke a positive emotional response that could be summed up in the colloquial expletive "cool".
Thus we have returned once again to the fact that there is no discernible connection between posts on a forum and tactile sensation of body parts.
You have failed yet again to make any reasonable sense of yourself and portray your intent in a clear and concise way.
I, for one, am disappointed that you not only lack fundamental communication skills, but also the capacity to recognize this flaw and attempt to rectify it.
And for my last point, I am not Leo Tolstoy, nor am I related to him in any way. I signed Summer Glau at the bottom of the previous post. I do not know why you called me Leo Tolstoy. Perhaps it is you who should learn to read. And learn to spell, might I add.
Signed
Summer Glau
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
lulzfish
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby lulzfish » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:24 pm UTC

Max2009 wrote:Once again I fail to see the connection between the words you have written and the intended meaning of your statement.
I assume you mean to infer some kind of negative connotations to eggdudeguy's choice of words, and thus point at what might be a lack of intelligence.
Surely you will agree with me that the term "cool" can be used to apply not only to a subjective temperature difference but also to some element that is new and unexpected, and in addition provokes a positive emotional response.
Since most mundane calendars show the progression of days through months and months through a year, and each calendar for only a single year, then one is not likely to see multiple years on a single calendar. Therefore, a calendar that does have multiple years on a single calendar would be new and exciting, and could provoke a positive emotional response that could be summed up in the colloquial expletive "cool".
Thus we have returned once again to the fact that there is no discernible connection between posts on a forum and tactile sensation of body parts.
You have failed yet again to make any reasonable sense of yourself and portray your intent in a clear and concise way.
I, for one, am disappointed that you not only lack fundamental communication skills, but also the capacity to recognize this flaw and attempt to rectify it.
And for my last point, I am not Leo Tolstoy, nor am I related to him in any way. I signed Summer Glau at the bottom of the previous post. I do not know why you called me Leo Tolstoy. Perhaps it is you who should learn to read. And learn to spell, might I add.
Signed
Summer Glau

tl;dr

Oh me yarm internets are such serious business

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kevmus » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:14 pm UTC

Hello class, and welcome to Effective Online Communication 101. Here, we'll be discussing one post from the internet, and how to improve it so that it is logical, clear, and effective.

lulzfish wrote:tl;dr

Oh me yarm internets are such serious business


Here is the original post, which clearly makes the poster seem like an uneducated kindergardener.

Lulzfish wrote:Tl;dr.

Oh me yarm internets are such serious business.


After applying correct punctuation and capitalization, the poster seems much more like a mere second grader.

Lolzfish wrote:The post was too long; I didn't read it.

Oh my god internets are such serious business.


After removing unneeded initialisms, the writer is again advanced to merely seeming like a fourth grader.

Laughoutloudzfish wrote:The post was too long; I did not read it.

Oh my god, the internet is such serious business.


Here, we added a comma and un-pluralized internets, converting the writer into a fifth grader. We also removed the contraction, as those should never be used in formal writing.

Ifindthishumorouzfish wrote:The post was too long; I did not read it.

This small subset of the internet is such serious business.


Once we remove the unnecessary religious reference and clarify we are speaking about a subset of the internet, the post seems much more like a 7th grader's.

Ifindthishumorousfish wrote:Max2009's post was too long; I did not read it.
Even though I did not read his post, I still felt the need to comment on how this small subset of the internet is such serious business.


Now, after adding some clarification and personal examination, we are at a freshman level composition.

Ifindfishhumorous wrote:Max2009's post was too long; I did not read it. I believe that all internet posts should contain fewer than 250 words to be read, and Max2009's post clearly contained 292 words.
Even though I did not read his post, I still felt the need to comment on how this small subset of the internet takes matters very seriously.


Here we improve his composition by stating how long a post can be before it is 'too long' to read, and proof that Max2009's post exceeded this maximum length.
We also improved the last part of the post: the subset is not serious business, it instead takes matters seriously. This is a marked improvement that propels the original author to mere sophomoric writing.

Ibelievethatfishareinherentlyhumorous. wrote:Max2009's post was too long; I did not read it. I believe that all internet posts should contain fewer than 250 words to be read, and Max2009's post clearly contained 292 words. As his post exceeded my arbitrary limit for length of posts, I simply refuse to pay attention to it, as I mistakenly believe that conciseness necessarily implies usefulness in a post.
Even though I did not read his post, I still felt the need to comment on how this small subset of the internet takes matters very seriously.


Now it further explains why lulzfish believes in his arbitrary post length limit.

I believe that fish are inherently humorous. wrote:The post made by the internet user Max2009 on the XKCD forums in this topic was too long. I did not read it because of its length. I believe that all internet posts should contain fewer than 250 words to be read, and Max2009's post clearly contained 292 words. As his post exceeded my arbitrary limit for length of posts, I simply refuse to pay attention to it, as I mistakenly believe that conciseness necessarily implies usefulness in a post.
Even though I did not read his post, I still felt the need to comment on how this small subset of the internet takes matters which they consider important very seriously. I am implying that I do not find these matters to be important and wonder why they are important to this small subset of the internet, although I obviously do find these matters important enough to post.


There you go! With a little work, all of your internet posts can be at the high-school senior level. Good luck with using the English language in the future!

-Summer Glau

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Max2009 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am UTC

I congratulate you on your attempt to educate the anonymous persons on the internet and to illustrate the proper uses of the English language and how one may progress from substandard levels to nearly intelligible.
However, I fear that your efforts are wasted. In order for someone to learn and gain knowledge from experience, be it theirs or somebody else's, they must posses the will to learn, and the ability to recognize that they lack expertise in certain areas, and therefore must learn.
Neither you nor I have any evidence to show that either one of those conditions have been met, much less both of them.
Since nothing tangible has been wasted, for the amount of physical data storage used to store your lesson is negligible and in comparison with the data storage available can be said to be non-existent, I must conclude that the only thing you have wasted is your time.
According to the axiom, time is money. I can only assume that it is the monetary value given to an hour of paid work. If you are indeed an employee of somebody and wrote that post on company time, I suggest, for honesty's sake, that you report the time used to write that post as wasted, and that you not bill your employer for it.
If you are not an employee, then you must have some method for assigning value to your time. I suggest that you look into this and try to reimburse yourself for the wasted time.

Signed
Summer Glau
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Keldaran » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:51 pm UTC

Max2009 wrote:I congratulate you on your attempt to educate the anonymous persons on the internet and to illustrate the proper uses of the English language and how one may progress from substandard levels to nearly intelligible.


READ THE OP MAN, FLAMING IS THE GAME!


max2009 wrote:However, I fear that your efforts are wasted. In order for someone to learn and gain knowledge from experience, be it theirs or somebody else's, they must posses the will to learn, and the ability to recognize that they lack expertise in certain areas, and therefore must learn.


Effort was not wasted he was taking out frustration


max2009 wrote:Neither you nor I have any evidence to show that either one of those conditions have been met, much less both of them.
Since nothing tangible has been wasted, for the amount of physical data storage used to store your lesson is negligible and in comparison with the data storage available can be said to be non-existent, I must conclude that the only thing you have wasted is your time.


He didn't waste his time, he vented some long held in anger. If he did not do this he could have commited suicide over all the pent up emotion inside off him! this is why i want to be a moderator, to stop people like your from killing innocent people

max2009 wrote:According to the axiom, time is money. I can only assume that it is the monetary value given to an hour of paid work. If you are indeed an employee of somebody and wrote that post on company time, I suggest, for honesty's sake, that you report the time used to write that post as wasted, and that you not bill your employer for it.
If you are not an employee, then you must have some method for assigning value to your time. I suggest that you look into this and try to reimburse yourself for the wasted time.

Image


max2009 wrote:Signed
Summer Glau
[/quote]


Your not Summer Glau man! your max2009!

again i plead for mod status!

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Max2009 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:45 pm UTC

First off, I did read the OP, and the entire thread up until this point. In order to be a successful flame you cannot simply launch into a shouting match. You must be delicate, precise. As an analogy, the hammer is a useful weapon, and it can kill, but it requires a lot of strength to wield, and you must sacrifice accuracy for force. A sword on the other hand is a much more useful weapon. A sword is much easier to control, and transforms your muscular energy into damaging kinetic energy in a much more efficient manner. Thus it requires less brute force to operate, and therefore much more skill can be applied, and the end result is more careful strokes that inflict more damage.
Flaming is no different. Like swordplay, flaming has strategies, rules. You must open the recipient to your words so that the damage that inflicted will be maximized. By starting with a compliment you open up the recipient more fully, so that he or she is better able to feel the full wrath or post. Otherwise, if you use simple brute force you just come off sounding like a troll. And that is not the game here.
Secondly, I cannot see how you determined that a) kevmus is a male and therefore the male pronouns are applicable, and b) that kevmus' intention was to vent frustration.
It is true that pent up anger can, and often does, lead to physical violence, even against oneself. But there is no basis for assuming that kevmus is suffering from internal conflict and therefore must find a safe outlet for the pent up energies before physical damage is inflicted.
Perhaps, Keldaran, it is you who are suffering from inner turmoil and must vent to preclude any violent acts you may do to yourself or to others. In that case, your reflection technique is both childish, and an insult to our intelligence. Surely we would have recognized that this is what is happening, if it were indeed the case. Fortunately for you I do not take offense at it, since you clear inferiority poses me no threat, and your meager attempts at insulting me have no affect.
Thirdly I must address the erroneous picture you have embedded in your post.
That is clearly not your picture. Had it been your own work you would have typed out the message in the picture. Where did you get it from? Do you have permission to use it?
Furthermore, the logic there is fundamentally flawed.
What is the basis for the first assumption? Who proclaimed that the only way to find a woman is to utilize time and money? Maybe only time is necessary, or perhaps only money. Or maybe even neither.
Returning momentarily to my first point, I contend that it is you who have not read the opening post. Had you read the opening post you would have seen that the purpose of this thread is in fact to emulate xkcd comic number 406, in which the person signs the post as Summer Glau.
However, since you clearly did read the opening post, as is inferred by your comment that I did not, I must conclude that you lack certain fundamental cogitating skills, namely deductive reasoning. This puts you on the intelligence ladder a little bit below the common dog. Dogs are capable of simple deductive reasoning, namely that if their owner picks up the leash they are going for a walk, while you, Keldaran are not capable of following simply written directions that require a little bit of mental processing.
And lastly, I must point out that your grasp of spelling and the rules of English grammar is atrocious.
Keldaran wrote:
Your not Summer Glau man! your max2009!

That should read
You're not Summer Glau man! You're Max2009!

Capitalization is important, as is the difference between "your" and "you're".
Keldaran wrote:again i plead for mod status!

In this case you have forgotten to capitalize the 'a' at the beginning of a sentence and the 'i' pertaining to yourself in the first person.
I suggest you repeat the second grade so that you learn these, and other similar grammar rules.
Furthermore, this sentence is a non-sequitur and has no place in this post.

Signed
Summer Glau
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

User avatar
kaimason1
WINNING
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 am UTC
Location: See avatar.

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kaimason1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 am UTC

UR STOOPID. THIZ IZ WAT ME DEED:

TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!
SexyTalon wrote:If it walks like a person, talks like a person, and tastes like a person, it's probably a person. Or I Can't Believe It's Not People, which cannibals prefer to Soylent Green nearly 5 to 1 in a blind taste test.

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kevmus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:55 am UTC

kaimason1 wrote:UR STOOPID. THIZ IZ WAT ME DEED:

TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!TL;DR!


This is clearly just a misguided attempt at riling up the grammar-nazi in kaimason1's fellow posters.

I think it is quite clear that he is intentionally misusing the English as a weapon against those whom it would bother.
This attempt is rather similar to saying "Pi is exactly 3." in the Math forum.

Instead, I suggest that we merely ignore useless posts like kaimason1's. When we don't feed the trolls, they'll starve to death.

In summary, fuck you.
Regards,
The English Language

(Coauthor: Summer Glau)

User avatar
Max2009
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Where?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Max2009 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:34 am UTC

Wow. I was impressed with your grasp of the English language and was almost going to give you a compliment.
But then I read the second sentence in your post.
I cannot begin to understand how stupid you must feel right now. Deriding somebody's phenomenal lack of communication skills in English, while you yourself make a classic, if juvenile, error.
I must also respond to your gratuitous use of one of the synonyms for procreation.
I do not understand what that comment is doing in your post. Do you desire intimate relations with kaimason1? Are you professing your desire that kaimason1 have some sort of intimate relationship with somebody else? Are you alluding to kaimason1's promiscuity, for which you have no proof of existence?
I refuse to accept that you meant it as a playground taunt, for to acknowledge that would be to imply that you have the mental acuity of an 8 year old, and that wouldn't be true.
Or would it? Perhaps you are as mentally undeveloped as the average eight year old. That would also explain your grammar slip-up.
Very well. That is a good conclusion. And so, I will say this in terms that you might find easier to understand.
You are stupid, and an embarrassment to the human race.
Signed
Summer Glau
Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted! http://counter.li.org

Image

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kevmus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:27 am UTC

Max2009 wrote:Wow. I was impressed with your grasp of the English language and was almost going to give you a compliment.
But then I read the second sentence in your post.
I cannot begin to understand how stupid you must feel right now. Deriding somebody's phenomenal lack of communication skills in English, while you yourself make a classic, if juvenile, error.
I must also respond to your gratuitous use of one of the synonyms for procreation.
I do not understand what that comment is doing in your post. Do you desire intimate relations with kaimason1? Are you professing your desire that kaimason1 have some sort of intimate relationship with somebody else? Are you alluding to kaimason1's promiscuity, for which you have no proof of existence?
I refuse to accept that you meant it as a playground taunt, for to acknowledge that would be to imply that you have the mental acuity of an 8 year old, and that wouldn't be true.
Or would it? Perhaps you are as mentally undeveloped as the average eight year old. That would also explain your grammar slip-up.
Very well. That is a good conclusion. And so, I will say this in terms that you might find easier to understand.
You are stupid, and an embarrassment to the human race.
Signed
Summer Glau

Jerk.
~Summer Glau

User avatar
Keldaran
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm UTC
Location: Canadiana

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Keldaran » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:18 pm UTC

TL;DR

User avatar
sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:19 am UTC
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby sillybear25 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 pm UTC

Keldaran wrote:TL;DR

This is the problem with society today. None of you kids ever read anything. When I was your age, I was reading books from the library. But now with your fancy internet, you don't need to read anymore because all your entertainment comes from asinine videos on YouTube.
This space intentionally left blank.

User avatar
chridd
Has a vermicelli title
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 am UTC
Location: ...Earth, I guess?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby chridd » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:09 am UTC

kevmus wrote:Instead, I suggest that we merely ignore useless posts like kaimason1's. When we don't feed the trolls, they'll starve to death.
...but you did respond. In fact, you wrote 85 words in response. Hypocrite!
~ chri d. d. /tʃɹɪ.di.di/ (Phonotactics, schmphonotactics) · she · Forum game scores
mittfh wrote:I wish this post was very quotable...

User avatar
Nautilus
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 am UTC
Location: That's a strange place to put a piano

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Nautilus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:07 am UTC

I fail to understand the entertaniment value of this activity. Why, when you could be doing something positive for the world, like, say, reading a book or cooking a delicious meal for someone who deserves it, do you spend your time thoughtlessly provoking other human beings on the basis of semantics, which, quite honestly, can be quite easy to miss while typing a forum post? It's an endless cycle of useless, angry provocation which won't acheive anything in the long run.
Channel your bad feelings into art, so that other people can understand you and you don't have to injure any souls.
Spoiler:
You will all persist despite this post, so I have left several mistakes and an irritating, affected writing style so that you can all criticize me.[spoiler](Just in case I discover someredeeming value of this activity later)[spoiler]Case in point. Criticize all you want.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

kevmus
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kevmus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 am UTC

Nautilus wrote:I fail to understand the entertaniment value of this activity. Why, when you could be doing something positive for the world, like, say, reading a book or cooking a delicious meal for someone who deserves it, do you spend your time thoughtlessly provoking other human beings on the basis of semantics, which, quite honestly, can be quite easy to miss while typing a forum post? It's an endless cycle of useless, angry provocation which won't acheive anything in the long run.
Channel your bad feelings into art, so that other people can understand you and you don't have to injure any souls.
Spoiler:
You will all persist despite this post, so I have left several mistakes and an irritating, affected writing style so that you can all criticize me.[spoiler](Just in case I discover someredeeming value of this activity later)[spoiler]Case in point. Criticize all you want.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

LRN 2 BBCODE

chridd wrote:
kevmus wrote:Instead, I suggest that we merely ignore useless posts like kaimason1's. When we don't feed the trolls, they'll starve to death.
...but you did respond. In fact, you wrote 85 words in response. Hypocrite!


I am not a hypocrite! It's only when other people are inconsistant with their rules that they're called hypocrites, never me.

User avatar
eggdudeguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am UTC
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby eggdudeguy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 am UTC

I'd mock you, but the challenge is gone.
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.


I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby BigNose » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:29 pm UTC

I cannot begin to understand how stupid you must feel right now.


If you cannot begin to understand, perhaps you lack intelligence yourself, as most certainly, you need intelligence to understand most (if not all) things, ergo the lack of understanding equates to a lack of intelligence.

Deriding somebody's phenomenal lack of communication skills in English, while you yourself make a classic, if juvenile, error.


Derision is a valid statement in this case, as although the English lacks the more correct form of Grammar and Spelling, the poster correcly identifies the issue. One also has to consider your intelligence again, in that you seem not to acknowledge that some posters on this forum do not have English (Queens' or American) as their first language. One should not judge a book by its cover, but by its content.

I must also respond to your gratuitous use of one of the synonyms for procreation.
I do not understand what that comment is doing in your post.


Again, I must call to question your intelligence, not so much in the level, but the breadth. The term 'Fuck you', is quite a classical term of the modern era. Perhaps, this gives an indication of your age group and also an indication as to why your intelligence level seems to vary.

I refuse to accept that you meant it as a playground taunt, for to acknowledge that would be to imply that you have the mental acuity of an 8 year old, and that wouldn't be true.


Your refusal to accept that the poster is not an 8 year old is based on no valid reasoning. While it would be unusual, even in this era, for an 8 year old to utter such words, it would not be without potential. Perhaps your age group definition is beginning to show its true colours.

Or would it? Perhaps you are as mentally undeveloped as the average eight year old. That would also explain your grammar slip-up.


Or just simply that English is not their first language.

Very well. That is a good conclusion.


I beg to differ. Although that is my personal opinion, I do not consider that I would be alone in such a point of view.

You are stupid, and an embarrassment to the human race.


I find such a term as 'Stupid' a relative term, as it could just as easily be applied by myself toward you, especially as you fall foul of your own standards of grammar and punctuation. I feel that I am embarrassed by your post.

Signed
Summer Glau :D

Or in the words of Winter Glau (Summers' evil twin sister); "F*CK THIS SH1T!"
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Nautilus
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 am UTC
Location: That's a strange place to put a piano

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Nautilus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:45 am UTC

BigNose wrote:Derision is a valid statement in this case, as although the English lacks the more correct form of Grammar and Spelling, the poster correcly identifies the issue.

Correcly.
Wow. No comment.
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

User avatar
lulzfish
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby lulzfish » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 pm UTC

Oh me yarm are you idiots still arguing about this shit
you are all stpid

olleicua
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:53 pm UTC
Location: Maine/Vermont

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby olleicua » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:02 am UTC

We're not arguing we're flaming idiot!!!!!!!!!!
incidentally I played drums for flaming idiot.

User avatar
lulzfish
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby lulzfish » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:41 am UTC

olleicua wrote:We're not arguing we're flaming idiot!!!!!!!!!!
incidentally I played drums for flaming idiot.

Flaming Idiots were the worst band ever since the Beatles and all their fans are stupid.

User avatar
kaimason1
WINNING
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 am UTC
Location: See avatar.

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby kaimason1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:51 am UTC

HOW IN GODS NAME DO YOU DISLIKE THE BEATLES!!!! THEY WERE ALMOST AS AWESOME AS LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!
SexyTalon wrote:If it walks like a person, talks like a person, and tastes like a person, it's probably a person. Or I Can't Believe It's Not People, which cannibals prefer to Soylent Green nearly 5 to 1 in a blind taste test.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:43 am UTC

Almost? Led Zeppelin SUCKED compared to the Beatles. Almost as much as your taste in music sucks.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Quantum Sunshine
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 am UTC
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Quantum Sunshine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 am UTC

What are you guys talking about. Neither of those where anything compared to Chad Kroeger or Miley Cyrus. LOL U gUz r the N0bs o teh Internetzorz!!!!1115

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Josephine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:12 am UTC

Music sucks. And your mothers fuck goats.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby BigNose » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 am UTC

nbonaparte wrote:Music sucks. And your mothers fuck goats.

Assuming that NBonaparte has actually read post #1, then I shall begin:

Music sucks.

Music, as far as the recipient is concerned, is an aural aspect of senses. Currently, despite my extensive knowledge of in-depth perversion, I have yet to hear of anyone using their EAR to provide any form of suction.
So let us consider the originator of the music. We can ignore DJ's and the like (oh if only) as they simply reproduce the final music form and as such, do very little themsleves, so we are left with the originating musician.
We have to look at the second word to provide some direction as to which style/type of musical instrument the musician plays. The word 'SUCK', implies the uses of the mouth, so such instruments of torture such as the Bass Drum and Cello would be considered non-starters in this instance.
Considering other tools of the music trade, one is drawn to the likes of the Flute, Trumpet and Jews Harp to name but a few. In all cases, the action is that of BLOW rather than SUCK. in fact, there is only 1 instrument that I know of, whereby a sucking action would indeed produce a musical note that can be varied to thus produce 'music', that being the Harmonica (aka Mouth Organ).
Thus, 'Music sucks' translates into 'reverse action on the Harmonica'.

And your mothers fuck goats.

Here, the starting position is that of using the word 'and' as a starting point of a sentence. While the punctuation and Capitalisation is correct, the grammar is poor.
However, we then come to the main crux of the matter, as the remaining part of the sentence makes no sense.
'mothers fuck goats' immediately identifies that there is more than 1 mother involved. If we now refer back to the earlier part of the sentence, 'your', suggests a singular person thus a singular person having more than 1 mother is not as yet a scientific possibility. Legally, there may be connotations, especially where a female gay couple use a impregnated third party to gain a child. Clearly here, as far as the law is concerned, the 'mother' maybe construed in multiple ways (the donor, the surrogate, either of the female gay couple), but biologically, the child still, only has ONE mother.

The (sub)sentence does allow for another interpretation, in that he is referring not to just 1 person/poster, but that the 'your' is the plurarl, i.e combining this with sentence #1, all posters that love music (more properly in logic terms: all music non-haters), have their mothers fucking goats. This now becomes a more correct term as far as English and grammar is concerned, however, to consider that ALL mothers fuck goats would stretch the limits of sensibility.

As everyone has a mother and, atleast I, like music, I would feel insulted that you imply/state that my mother fucks goats, if it wasn't for the fact that:

WARNING!! SENSITIVE
Spoiler:
FURTHER WARNING: VERY ON (IF NOT, OVER) THE LIMIT

Spoiler:
I fuck kids!

Spoiler:
For those that don't get it, a kid is a baby goat!
Sorry, you were warned!
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Darkname » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:54 pm UTC

BigNose & Max2000 your "Vast" knowlege of the engrish language is suprising all you seem to use to flame other is it because you simply hide behind your pretended knowlege to correct minor or large grammer/spelling erros that are only if that are completly useless for their are a suprising large amounts of tl;dr in the forum and mostly you indeed have the longest replys.

Now could it also be that you make up for a lack of many things in similar to the "Modern" teens of this era by usign their enlarged reproductive organs and sex appeal to hide their lack of intellegnce and the like?

So one could asume that with your constant non stop grammer nazi ways that you like the mordern teen that you claim to hate so much have something in common?

Signed ~ R4|\||)0/\/\ 1|\|73R|\|37 6|_|'/
BLARG!!


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addams, Vytron and 42 guests